Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Tonight's Show

Shannon Dedrick

Nancy Grace Tonight: 7-month-old infant Shannon Dedrick vanishes from her home on Halloween. As the search radius expands every hour, police say the missing infant is in extreme danger and clearly couldn’t just walk or crawl away on her own. The missing tot’s parents report her missing and now cops say they’ve located a person of interest but they won’t reveal any more info! Where is 7-month-old infant Shannon Dedrick? Nancy Grace investigates at 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

Filed under: TV Promo Box
  1. char

im wondering, what baby,especially at 7 months old, sleeps in until 11am? even if she stayed up until 3am...that concerns me. also what 7 month old only weighs 11 lbs, ( unless she was a preemie) they are correct in one aspect, a 7 month old may be crawling but she cant get THAT far...what were the parents doing at 3am? did they work night shift and get home at 3am? or were they partying and came home( intoxicated) at 3am? if the latter is true, im afraid they were OUT COLD,/ coudlnt hear anything going on inside the house( intruder taking the baby)

November 3, 2009 at 5:32 pm
  2. donna

arewe never going to hear about the little H. cummings case again. does misty get to call the shots? it is very frustrating to follow a case and the all of a sudden you hear nothing else. why? thanks

November 3, 2009 at 7:53 pm
  3. CptKD

I have a seven month old nephew -
    He does sleep ten to twelve hours at a time, but
    that's going to bed at 8pm and sleeping thru til
    7-8am.....
    He has NEVER slept til 11 AM -
    Nor is he capable of LEAVING the house -
    Never mind his room, or crib!
    Whether walking
    crawling, or dragging himself –
    NOT DO ABLE!
    And no! Judging by how he felt when I lifted him
    on Halloween, he sure is way bigger than 11 pounds!

CptKD

November 3, 2009 at 8:41 pm
  4. cody

Are the parents possibly juveniles themselves or very young and inexperienced!?! Maybe one of the parents slept with the baby and accidently smothered her or maybe she died of malnutrition. Regardless I think in some way these parents were involved!This sweet baby girl is in our thoughts and prayers.

November 3, 2009 at 10:07 pm
  5. Crystal

I have a 13 month old. She had colic until she was nine months old. The focus on the show was why the parents were up at 3 A.M and why the baby would sleep to 11 A.M. What is that 8 hours. That does not prove the parents guilty of anything. During the period my daughter had colic she was up till 3 or 4 A.M. Of course I was up with her. When she finally fell asleep she did sleep till way past 11 A.M. My daughter was 6lb 6ozs when she was born. She is 13 months old now and weighs only 20 pounds and she is perfectly healthy. At 7 months she only weighed 13 pounds. Not a big difference for 11 pounds. Some babies are just small. The baby I saw on tonights show looked pretty healthy to me. It sounds to me that these parents are assumed guilty before a fair trial. What ever happened to INNOCENT till proven guilty. Just because the baby was taken from the parents bed while they slept does not mean that they were heavily intoxicated. Some people are just heavy sleepers. The parents may be guilty of whatever they are being accused, but lets not assume guilt before a fair trial. I could not imagine one of my children being missing and me being accused of being involved in some way. I think the parents are going through enough at this point they don't need the press on their back accusing them of being part of it.

November 3, 2009 at 10:46 pm
  6. Jade Cutshall

Where was the owner of this home? Isn't it his step/mother? I bet anything that they will find more women!! God rest those poor womens souls!!

November 3, 2009 at 11:47 pm
  7. TheOtherD

In graduate school, I met several practitioners of alternate religions which celebrate Samhain (Halloween) as a high feast day. Some individuals may not be as benign as others with respect to ritual. I never disassociate a disappearance at this time of year with these types of possibilities.

November 4, 2009 at 1:08 am
  8. bjenny

Local media is reporting that a former babysitter wrote a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist begging him to intervene before something terrible happened to this baby. It's also been stated on local media blogs that the parents are "Mentally Challenged".

November 4, 2009 at 10:32 am
  9. char

and apparently according to nancys trascripts, the baby isnt even crawling yet...disappeared from the very same bedroom her parents slept in.... went to neighbors house to see if they seen anything suspicicous BEFORE calling the sheriff/help? you think they should have done that FIRST! when discovered her missing...

November 4, 2009 at 10:34 am
  10. Teresa

Shannon's mother's name is Tina Mercer or Merter, Dad's name is James Russell Dedrick , but there are allegations that he is not the biological father, that Tina was pregnant when he met her. No one in the family is employed and they collect food stamps cash assistance from Florida Dept. of Children and Families, The family has been investigated by the child protection division of Florida DCF. The "babysitter" Susan Baker emailed Gov. Charlie Crist in August pleading with him to "PLEASE, PLEASE SAVE THAT CHILD" Rumors are that the mother has confessed to killing the child. The Washington County Sheriff's office sts there is a "person of interest" and something about a grey van. Susan Baker alleges in her email to Gov. Crist that they baby has been shaken.

November 4, 2009 at 10:43 am
  11. Kathy

I'm more concerned this seven month old baby is very under weight .
    When was the last time this baby was seen by a physician?

November 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm
  12. Amanda

Whats happening with the Haighleigh Cummings case? Can we get an update??!!!

November 4, 2009 at 5:29 pm
  13. Jackie

Maybe they don't have many photos of Baby Shannon, but the child seems malnourished and unhappy.
    Most children can smile by the time they're about 4 months old. Just a thought.

November 4, 2009 at 6:30 pm
  14. tiffany white

What is going on in the casey anthony and haliegh cummings case. I have not missed ashow and followed these stories with no updates or closure. Please let us know what is going on...

November 5, 2009 at 1:25 am
  15. Michelle

Nancy, now that they have found Baby Shannon, who will get custody of her, hopefully not anyone from that family, Shannon looks underfed.
    I prayed from the moment she was reported missing till her rescue.
    Please let us know what her fate will be. I am willing.

November 5, 2009 at 11:51 pm
  16. Kat

I agree with Donna, who wrote in to your show are we ever going to hear abought H Cummings again ?? it looks like your veiwer Donna is right it looks like , a uneducated girl is calling the shoot, whats up if anything abought the case, I too am some one who thinks she knows somthing!!!

November 6, 2009 at 9:13 am