Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Rpt: Potential Adoptive Couple may take 2nd Poly

Rpt: Potential Adoptive Couple named Persons of Interest may take 2nd polygraph

A commander with the Tempe Police department investigating the alleged kidnapping of 8 month old Gabriel Johnson say they may ask 2 persons of interest to re-take polygraph tests. Jack and Tammi Smith were named persons of interest last week, and investigators maintain that the couple has information they aren’t sharing with law enforcement.

Jack & Tammi Smith
Jack & Tammi Smith

Tammi and Jack Smith voluntarily took polygraph examinations with Tempe police last Friday. The results? Inconclusive. At a press conference yesterday, authorities noted that the polygraph can have 3 different results: truthful, deceptive, or inconclusive. Another test would be administered in order to get a more conclusive result.

History of bi-polar disorder?

In court documents filed last month, Gabriel’s father Logan McQueary stated he believes Gabriel’s mother suffers from bi-polar disorder. Logan McQueary’s father, Frank McQueary also told the Associated Press that he and his son have long believed that Elizabeth Johnson has undiagnosed bi-polar disorder but that she always refused to seek treatment. There has been no confirmation that Johnson suffers from bi-polar disorder.

Gabriel Johnson
Gabriel Johnson

Mommy’s Money

Police are still working to determine how Elizabeth Johnson still had a little less then $500 on her when she was arrested at a Miami youth hostel December 30. When Johnson began the trip, police say she had about $1200 dollars saved up and it appeared she had been planning to leave. Reports are Johnson posted multiple listings on craigslist trying to raise money, allegedly sold her dogs, took on a roommate who paid Johnson rent, and also reportedly offered to give away baby clothes. There’s also the shocking report from KPHO that Gabriel’s collapsible crib was tossed in Johnson’s shed upside down. If true, clearly Elizabeth Johnson had no intention of bringing baby Gabriel back to Arizona.

Logan McQueary is the father

There have been multiple reports floating around that Logan McQueary is not the father of baby Gabriel. In court documents in early December, Elizabeth Johnson claimed that McQueary was 1 of 2 men who could be the father of Gabriel, but that McQueary’s name was on the birth certificate. Just a couple days later, both Johnson and McQueary appeared at a paternity judgment hearing where the court found that Logan McQueary is the natural father of Gabriel Johnson.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Persons
  1. Mayhem

I'm so tired of reading these stories... when will these people stop doing this to their children?! I hope with all my heart this beautiful boy is alive, the father is a good person and gets custody and this child is safe and happy. He is so precious. I hope the pathetic mother gets what she deserves and is in jail until she is no longer able to reproduce. Sounds like she is aspiring to be another Casey Anthony psycho. If these people don't want their children, why can't they give them to a loving family rather than using them as tools to get revenge on someone they hate. I wish it would stop. I wish I would never have to read another story of a murdered or hurt child.

January 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm
  2. Delta Smith

First and foremost...My prayers go out to Gabriel and his family that are missing him. I myself think the Smith's know more that what they are saying also. There is something just not quiet right with Tammy's movements and reactions when she is being interviewed. I agree the polygraph needs to be retaken. It really pisses me off that there are so many people in the world that want to have children and can't....that there are people out there like this that just don't care. Baby Gabriel did not ask to be brought into this world, he is a poor helpless 8 month old baby. All I can say to his mother is GROW UP!!!! tell someone where Gabriel is, whether he is still with us or not it is not your right as a mother to keep him from his family!!!!

January 12, 2010 at 6:33 pm
  3. jacquie

i hope the "so called adoptive parents" and the mother get time for this. if this baby is found alive, the "adoptive parents" should be charged becauase they have been lying this whole time. my heart goes out to the father and the little boy. may god bless this child.

January 12, 2010 at 6:58 pm
  4. Emani

Deception is written all over the Smith's face and body language – they don't do lying well at all. I pray baby Gabriel is safe wherever he is and that angels of God keep him safe.

January 12, 2010 at 7:19 pm
  5. Carrie

GOD PLEASE WATCH OVER BABY GABRIEL AND ALL THE OTHER POOR INOCENT BABYS AND CHILDREN IN THIS SICK TWISTED PLACE MANY OF US CALL HOME MY HEART GOES OUT OVERAND OVER AGAIN TO THE FAMILYS WHO HAVE TO SUFFER THIS TYPE OF TRAGEDY. KUDOS AND A THOUSAND KUDOS TO THE PARENTS AND ADULTS WHOM LOVE AND CHERISH, BE KIND TO AND ADORE YOUR PRESIOUS BABYS EVERYDAY LIKE IT WILL BE YOUR LAST YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THAT LOVE WILL JUST FOR NO GOOD REASON BE GONE. MOMMY LUVS U DANIEL, NICOLE, BAILEY, MEGAN.

January 12, 2010 at 7:40 pm
  6. tricia

charge the skank with capital murder and the death penalty and see how fast she talks!!!!!

January 12, 2010 at 7:40 pm
  7. Stacy

Ok so is it just me or does anyone else think that the Smiths reactions when they are interviewed kinda suspicious? The movements of their hands? The way Tammy keeps touching her husbands leg when she thinks he may talk about something he should not? I have always heard that body language speaks even when you dont.

January 12, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  8. Tamara B

I have a feeling the Powell's preyed on mom at the airport not the other way around. I think these people are baby obsessed. They are strange people & for some reason Nancy lets them get away without answering questions directly. She asks them a question & they never answer the questions directly. They speak in vague terms and what if's. No direct answers to questions. Listen and you will agree.

January 12, 2010 at 8:11 pm
  9. Linda

ok.. Let's say the baby is still alive (which I pray he is). What happens to the person or people that are hiding him? There has to be someone that knows...

January 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm
  10. Rebecca

Could she have killed her precious baby Gabriel and the couple she gave them to are a dead couple buried in the graveyard next to the park. In her unstable mind, she could have buried the baby with the graveyard couple to watch over him. In some geographic areas, it is often spoken of burying a child near grandparents for them to watch over him. This would be why she could not describe them.

January 12, 2010 at 8:25 pm
  11. Tamara B

again, the Powell's give a weird answer. When we GOT the baby. I think that if the baby is alive, they know where it is.

January 12, 2010 at 8:28 pm
  12. Ruth Yurchak

Did the adopative parents give the mom money ?? Is that where the money they found on the AR mom came from ??

January 12, 2010 at 8:34 pm
  13. Pat Aughe

I live in Arizona, and have been watching all of the local Phoenix stations coverage, and Jack and Tammy Smith , always appear happy, and totally eating up all of the media attention they are receiving. Either they know more about Gabriel's disappearance, or they are looking for their fifteen minutes of fame at the expense of a beautiful little boy's tragedy.

January 12, 2010 at 8:42 pm
  14. Paola

I hope that baby gabriel is alive so the rest of his family can see him because I know they miss him.Baby Gabriel's mother is very mean and stupid at the same time.Thank you.By the way i'm 11 years old.

January 12, 2010 at 8:45 pm
  15. marion smith

the adoptive couple said on the air that they didn't know of anyone who had the baby, but they only gave her the name of someone she could contact about an adoption. That was in answer whether someone in their home town had the baby?? Didn't anyone else pick up on that sort of quiet comment? I watch them and I do think there is something strange about them. Who would take a baby in for a few days like that and not ask questions about anything? How did they know she was the real mother?? And she hadn't stolen him herself?
    Something stinks in this case.

January 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  16. Kathryn

Who ever has this child can't plead ignornace. This is all over the news.
    This baby is going to need papers. You can't take a baby to the doctor's office without a SS#. He can't go to school without a SS# and birth certificate. Even if he were home schooled he would need to take yearly test to show advancement. Guess what you will need a SS#.
    You would have to hid this child forever or get false papers. Anyone who would help you would be in lots of trouble with the law.
    I can't believe someone would think they can just take a child off the street and keep him with no questions asked. Only a corrupt judge or attorney would help you.

Was this in the planning for sometime?
    Turn this child over while you still can.

January 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  17. Shirley Morganti

I heard on one show that the mothers custodial rights had been denied before she took off. So why was she allowed to have him in the first place? I have seen custodial rights taken away, and the parent who lost custody had to give the child over to children's services to be returned either to foster care or to the other parent. Had this been done, we surely would not have been wondering where this little baby is tonight.

January 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm
  18. Caryn

As whacked as the mom is, there is something definantly wrong with Jack and Tammi Smith. Who in their right mind discusses adopting a baby from someone they hardly know at an airport? One better, who in their right mind even believes this b.s. story? They know a hell of alot more than what they're saying, body language tells you that. I say charge them with obstruction of justice. Throw their a$$ in jail until they want to get honest and tell where the baby is. How pathethic it is, that we can't go one freakin week without hearing about some type of abuse, neglect, kidnapping, or missing child. I'm truly hoping and praying that this story will have a happy ending and baby Gabriel will be re-united with his Father.

January 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm
  19. Joan M Wheeler

It would be wise for all to STOP addressing Tammi and Jack Smith as "the adoptive parents"! They WANT to adopt, that is all. Unless they have a Petition to Adopt, are currently under investigation of a Home Study, and, the final step, have been declared ADOPTIVE PARENTS by a Final Order of Adoption, they are only a married couple who are interested in adopting. To call them adoptive parents and to give them so much air time is an injustice to the real parents. Logan McQueary is not the "biological father", he is the FATHER of that baby! This country is far too adoptive-parent-centric. Stop it. And yes, I don't like Tammi Smith's on-camera behavior, either. She has far too much authority in the life of a baby who is not her property. Also, if the adoption went through, baby Gabriel Johnson would have a new, adoptive name. We would not be aaddressinghim udner his birth name. He would also have a new birth certificate proving that he was "born" to Tammi and Jack Smith. Since there is no Final Order of Adoption declaring the Smiths as the adoptive parents, andd no "new" birth certificate, they have no right pretending to be what they are not. I know, I am an adoptee promoting Adoption Reform for 36 years. Let's hope that baby is found alive and lives out his life with his father, the only one who should be interviewed right now. He's going through hell. Give him the support he needs.

January 12, 2010 at 9:23 pm
  20. Carol

First of all I would like to say how much I enjoy the Nancy Grace show. We need more programs like this one on the air. I am wondering why nothing about the father's background has been mentioned. We hear that the mother didn't want the father to have the child, but why? Does he have a crimal history? Is there anything at all in his background that would make the mother think the baby would be better off with someone else?

January 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm
  21. Renee

Last night on Nancy Grace, the would-be adoptive father (Smiths) twice stopped from saying something midstream that made no sense. One was a response where he said something like "We're stuck between a rock and a hard place" but the answer didn't go with the question Nancy had asked. I hope Law Enforcement is monitoring their interviews. I also hope that the $500 will be fingerprinted. They may JUST get lucky and find it plays a role in the plot somehow. I have an 8-month old grandson that I watch every day and I've cried more over this story than any other. I've prayed over this little baby and trust that the people who have him will be decent people and realize they need to do the right thing by taking him to the police, fire station, or hospital. God is watching and if you do the right thing, you will be blessed in the end. If you do not do the right thing, you will be condemned for life.

January 12, 2010 at 9:33 pm
  22. Bonnie,Florida

Nancy
    I just called the Tempe police to tell them that I saw a young couple with an empty baby carrier coming out of the south bound turnpike plaza in florida. They were walking in a hurry an had an empty carrier and entered the car in quite a hurry. This was a younger couple in their early to middle twenties and the car was a white, older model, 4 door car. Now this was on January 1st 2010 between the hours of 9 and 12:00 near the orlando area, I stopped at so many plaza's that day because I had the kids traveling with us. I swear it was weird the way the acted. It might have been a regualr hand off of a child in a weekend custody visit but it was weird the wa the acted.
    Bonnie

January 12, 2010 at 9:38 pm
  23. Tammy

What an innocent child.....this poor baby! I pray that baby Gabrielle is safe and has not suffered due to his mothers stupid inhumane behavior. How can someone either murder their child or give it away? These souls are a gift from GOD! I pray that they find him safe!

January 12, 2010 at 9:51 pm
  24. mike

My heart aches for these children, my temper soars towards the malicious, sick, vicious mothers fathers and monstes that commit these un Godly acts. how detectives are ale to keep their composure in these times is a mystery to me.

January 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm
  25. mike

too bad we cant use torture tactics to retrieve information from this sick woman on the whereabouts of this sweet little boy.

January 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm
  26. Shan

If in fact it is true that she gave away the baby, I keep wondering if the strangers she gave the baby to are not people that wanted to adopt a baby but rather are in the business of selling him for profit (since they have not come forward)...just keep wondering that since she didn't give them anything with the baby except maybe the diaper bag...

January 12, 2010 at 10:33 pm
  27. angela

Charge her for murder and put a death sentence on her. I promise she will talk UNLESS she really killed him. Just saying

January 12, 2010 at 10:36 pm
  28. Cindy

I have been praying for God to put the right person at the right place at the right time to find this baby. I am so burdened by this story. I also agree that there is just something not honest about the Smiths. I can see Nancy believes the Smiths and I am not sure why, she must know more then we know. But God I pray right now please let us find this baby and please put this baby in the care of someone who will truely love and take care of him. God let him be alive and let him be used for your Glory and something so much better then this.

January 12, 2010 at 10:36 pm
  29. grace

she looks so young why if they knew she was ill nobody help this little boy, lets pray for his safe return

January 12, 2010 at 10:49 pm
  30. veronica

Even the police think Baby Gabriel is alive, and so do I. I feel that someone helped this girl and has the baby. I think the Smiths' know more then they are saying. I thing if the Smiths' did help her they meant well for the baby.
    And tonight on NG, Mark Klass said that Baby Gabriel needs to be found and returned to the father where he belongs. So does Klass know the bio dad personally? How does he know that is where Baby Gabriel belongs? There hasn't been much said about the bio dad and his past, I would like to hear more about this guy. Most of what I've heard is he didn't want to help support the baby and was living at home with his father. And something about him have a criminal record.
    I think Johnson has major issues but I've got a sneaking feeling that the bio dad is far from being a saint.

January 12, 2010 at 11:00 pm
  31. Katie

Phoenix news station(channel 5) just reported that the other man listed on the court documents, Craig Cherry, as a possible father to Gabriel is actually a 1st cousin to Tami Smith. In a phone interview he says that he has never met the baby's mother and has no idea how his name appered on court documents. something really stinks with the smith's.

January 12, 2010 at 11:20 pm
  32. Julie Bray

I really wish people that don't want children would stop having them. It's pretty easy to avoid getting pregnant,just a little responsable decision making is all that's needed.

That said,I also don't think that the Smiths have the baby,where would they hide him? I'm sure their house has been searched and I have trouble believing someone would risk going to prison by hiding this well publicized baby.

Unfortunately,I believe she did kill him out of spite but pray that I'm wrong. Looking at her smiles and cocky attitude in prison makes me think she's either a wicked, crazy monster or actually DID find someone willing to risk themselves to keep or just hide the baby.

January 12, 2010 at 11:39 pm
  33. Brigid

Sterilize those nuts ! They are the demise of our society, and they multiply like rabbits and produce more nuts. Does anybody see this ???

January 12, 2010 at 11:40 pm
  34. dismayed

I want to know why ng is still having these 2 adopters on the show. they have no information, they don't know anything as they say and they certainly are not experts. They are a waste of time,What do they bring to the show ? nothing. NG just gushes about them loving the baby- WHAT ABOUT HIS FATHER! He's loved the baby longer than they have.They love the camera . . As I heard MR Smith say Tami was all excited telling him she met a girl at the airport who was depressed, and she was holding the baby and loved him.and wanted to adopt. Elizabeth being depressed should have been a red flag. At those times you don't make rash decissions. I think there is a whole other world, (we don't know about,)how ppl are getting babies now. pressuring the girls to give up children and some kind scam getting the fathers to give up rights. I was reading something about keeping the babies away for 30 days or so and then they don't need the dads signature. I think this mayhave something to do with the underground mentioned. Could this be why they told the dad just sign the papers and she'll bring him back? I have a feeling this is just the tip of tthe iceburg.

January 13, 2010 at 12:14 am
  35. Russ Colley

What has become of the Haleigh Cummings case. It seems that it has gone cold and nothing has progressed?

January 13, 2010 at 12:28 am
  36. Nancy

The police should considered the possibility that the Smith's targeted the mother on airport because they are involved in black market adoptions, perhaps financed this run and had pre-arranged a series of handoffs to obscure the trail. They alternately claim attachment to Gabrial and refer to him as "that baby." They also made some reference to an underground for babies (something most of use wouldn't immediately think of). They seem to also have an unrealistic calm confidence that the baby is alive. Mrs. Smith repeatedly nudged Mr. Smith during early interviews to shut him up. At a minimum they are suspicious, grandiose and narcasistic, inserting themselves into the investigation, imagining that they have reporters digging up info for them when in fact the reporters are just playing them to get info.

January 13, 2010 at 12:54 am
  37. shanda

I pray everyday that this baby is alive and someone is caring for him.I could never hurt my kids they r my life.I hope she talks before it to late if its not already.

January 13, 2010 at 1:07 am
  38. Robert

I have lived all my life in and around the Southside of San Antonio where this Hotel 6 is located. it is located in a relative undeveloped area where there is a overgrown woods next to the Hotel.6. For starters the area next to the hotel should be searched.

January 13, 2010 at 1:35 am
  39. Robert

The neighborhood next to the Motel 6 is not that big it should be canvas by a group of searcher, we have the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio that may be able to form a search group. to door to door and seach the woods next to the Hotel.

January 13, 2010 at 1:42 am
  40. LaQuira L

I think if the media takes some of the story and attention off of Johnson, she will slip up and give up the info police are trying to get out of her.

She doing a Casey Anthony in playing to the media as long as the media keep her as their front page news.

January 13, 2010 at 1:51 am
  41. Joan M Wheeler

To Nancy Grace:

Adoptees and our first parents watch your show. It is biased and discriminatory for you to label Gabriel's father as "the biological father". A man is labeled that demeaning term only after his parental rights are terminated upon the Finalization of adoption. Did Tammi and Jack Smith formally adopt the baby? Have they been declared adoptive parents by a Court Order? If not, they have no business talking as if they were the ones violated. Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, desrves some respect. His son is missing.

January 13, 2010 at 2:08 am
  42. Diana Herrmann

Did a red flag go up for anyone else watching the 1/12/10 conversation between Tammi Smith and Nancy Grace about the peculiarity of how Tammi Smith had to practically beg Elizabeth Johnson for baby Gabriel's carseat? Didn't the authorities find Ms. Johnson's vehicle with a baby carseat still in it?

January 13, 2010 at 2:42 am
  43. worried

I wish Nancy would ask more direct questions to the persons of interest!

January 13, 2010 at 3:46 am
  44. Sylvia

May God be watching over this beautiful baby boy Gabriel – named for an angel and truly deserves a much better start in his young life than this!
    I'm wondering since she claims to have given the baby to a couple in a park – perhaps the unknown couple were travelling on holidays in a motorhome? There might not be neighbours around who they know that would notice a new baby – Lots of people do travel to warmer states for the winter and might have also stayed at one of the motels for the christmas holiday to go out for a nice dinner or visit with relatives – it's just a thought – but something to check out also.

January 13, 2010 at 4:38 am
  45. Linda

I agree with Stacy, the Smith's body language is all off. I've seen her nudge her husband when she didn't like what he was saying, and I've also seen him pat her hands (which move around and fidget way too much)

Also, STOP calling them "adoptive parents"! They most certainly are not! Adoptive parents follow the proper channels, they don't prey on women in airports and try to circumvent the system to get a baby for cheap.

There is something very shady about the Smiths

January 13, 2010 at 6:38 am
  46. Anna

I agree with Rebecca. Are they checking the graveyard? Where were the Smiths while the mother was gone? Did they meet her somewhere while on this trip to San Antonio? And where is the mother and father of this Johnson girl? Maybe they can knock some sense into this girl

January 13, 2010 at 8:00 am
  47. stacey

I can't help but feel like these "adoptive" parents have thrown this girl under the bus to get that baby for themselves or someone else. They have brain washed a very vulnerable, young girl into believing that she is unfit and that the father is abusive and will hurt the baby. It bothers me that they keep referring to Gabriel as "the baby", if there was a real emotional connection wouldn't they call him by his name or a nickname like "Gabe" or something? IDK

January 13, 2010 at 8:26 am
  48. DM

I feel that that couple knows where that baby is, & have the cops checked their home yet? Cause after all they seem very nervous about all this! plus they failed the poly test! Also, have the cops or anyone thought about checking that shed? Because ya'll say that she put the crib in the shed. I don't think that theres anything wrong with that girls mind, because if there was, she wouldn't have had enough sence to ask for a lawyer! But if I was the cops, I'd search that couples home, plus search the shed for that baby!

January 13, 2010 at 9:04 am
  49. Crystal

As a mom to a 2 year old, I just could never imagine doing this to my own flesh and blood...I don't understand how mothers can harm their child in anyway...I believe that if Baby Gabriel was alive, and with someone, he would've already been found...With all the media buzz around this case, someone would've come forward by now...maybe not the supposed couple from the park, but someone else who mightve seen something out of the ordinary...I sadly fear the worst for this precious baby. It's a cruel, sick world we live in...and it makes me sad for all the children who have crap for parents. GOD be with you Gabriel and family...and may you rot in prison Mommy Dearest.

January 13, 2010 at 9:07 am
  50. Dori

I have been following this story from the begining and haven't heard of the possibility of this mother maybe handing the baby to someone who boarded an airplane, train bus etc. There would have to be some sort of camera at these places. If this could be possible, the car seat would not have necessarily been needed especially if it was an international flight . Afterall, it was Christmastime and people fly in out of cities all the time. This possiblity should (or maybe has already) be considered. I pray this is really what happened and not that she would murder her own baby. This story is so heartwrenching to me especially because Baby Gabriel resembles my own grandson. I am very upset that this sort of story keeps repeating itself. Keep praying for all the innocent children missing.

January 13, 2010 at 9:08 am
  51. Donna

THE SMITH'S NEED TO BE LOOKED AT VERY CLOSELY. THEIR NON VERBAL CUES ARE SCREAMING GUILT. WATCH THEM WHEN THEY ARE BEING INTERVIEWED. THEY BOTH TWIST THEIR THUMBS AROUND AND EVERY TIME THE HUSBAND ANSWERS A QUESTION THE WIFE TAPS ON HIM AS IF HE IS GOING TOO FAR. SHE ALSO STATED "WHEN WE GOT THE BABY" IN AN INTERVIEW. HMMMM NANCY GRACE IS USUALLY ALL OVER THIS. WHY IS SHE HESITATING WITH THESE PEOPLE. THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH THEM AND THE PUBLIC IS PICKING UP ON IT. GOD BLESS THIS BABY. I PRAY THAT HE IS RETURNED SAFE AND IS GIVEN TO THE FATHER AND HIS FAMILY.

January 13, 2010 at 9:18 am
  52. anonymous

Someone please explain why in my opinion "alledgedly" the smiths appear to be really relaxed and almost giddy. Mrs. Smith constantly refers to "that' baby. if someone desperatley wanted to adopt a baby and found out they had been had, would'nt you think a person would be teary eyed and upset and say his name "gabriel". Not "that" baby that really bugs me!..... Inconclusive poly! Something "smells" fishy and not right????...Take a 2nd poly and release to the public...

January 13, 2010 at 9:19 am
  53. Heather Hershiser

Was just wondering where her parents are? Why havent we seen anything about them, can they provide any information about Gabriels mother and her past as far as mental state?

January 13, 2010 at 9:35 am
  54. Ashley A.

I too agree about the "adoptive parents". The way they are both always moving there hands, the way the woman always stops her husband from talking by putting her hand on his leg all speaks volumes as to what is really going on. I do not doubt what so ever that they play a bigger role than what they are admitting to at this point. To be honest, I think it's quite odd that they feel the need to talk to Nancy this much. They are trying hard to cover their bums right now and I think that's why they are trying to play helpful with Nancy.

January 13, 2010 at 10:11 am
  55. Sharon

Am I wrong or does Jack & Tammi Smith look alike. Could they be brother & sister?

January 13, 2010 at 10:23 am
  56. Joan M Wheeler

Did Elizabeth Johnson sign Relinquishment papers to formally relinquish her parental rights of Gabriel? Is there an attorney involved in a private adoption arrangement with the Smiths to adopt Gabriel? Or, is there an adoption agency involved? Until the Final Order of Adoption is signed by a Court Judge, no one has rights over baby Gabriel except his mother and his father. Do your homework, Nancy Grace.
    Signed, Joan M Wheeler of http://forbiddenfamily.com.

January 13, 2010 at 10:24 am
  57. pak31

Tamara, who are the Powell's? Are you talking about Jack and Tammi Smith?? i am confused. I think that the Smith's are being treated gently by NG but not by the callers or the Guest the other night. The guest told them to retake the poly because for both of them to get an inconclusive was odd and that Tammi used Gabriel in the past tense. A caller even questioned the whole adoption process asking how they could be so close to a woman they only knew for a couple of weeks. Plus is it legal to adopt a child like the Smiths' were trying to?? Was this being done through the correct legal manner? No one has discussed that yet. They really havent' explained fully how they could just "adopt" a child so quickly with no questions asked of the mother. the fact that Tammi approached Elizabeth is odd, a caller even said they have seen mothers looking stressed but never went up to them and offered to adopt their child. Something is a little off with this couple.

January 13, 2010 at 10:52 am
  58. ms p

YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LYING SMITH'S, ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS, POSSIBLY GAVE TO FAMILY MEMBERS, IF THE SMITH'S HAVE CHILDREN THEN TAKE FROM THEM AND PUT INTO STATE'S CUSTODY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT RIGHT

January 13, 2010 at 11:17 am
  59. chitownlady

Who ever has this child.......YOU NEED TO COME FORWARD! Come forward NOW! Staying hidden is not helping. This afterall is a BABY!
    Please we all beg you to just drop him off at a SAFE HAVEN! Fire station, Police station...or even a hospital.....My god....just HAND HIM TO SOMEONE!

I pray with all my heart they find this child. I'm not really buying what the "so called adoptive parents" are selling....Something just not right.

I am also tired of these head cases having kids. Maybe its time to really think about preventing females with emotional issues from HAVING KIDS........She was a nut job from early childhood. And yet, she's allowed to procreate......Just because they are taking their meds, is NOT reason enough to let them have babies. SHE WENT OFF HER MEDS...and look what happpened.

Casey Anthony is another case of someone with emotional issues. Her familt knew she was not all there. and Yet they did nothing to help her emotionally. But they sure did allow her to have a baby. A baby that SHE DIDN'T WANT! Sweet Jesus.... How many dead babies it is gonna take before people (parents) take responsibilty. I don't know.........Between the pedofilestaking and killing kids to their own so called "mothers" killing their kids. Something has got to be DONE!

January 13, 2010 at 11:20 am
  60. nick kelly

Didnt i read in a previous post that there were unusual circumstances surrounding the adoptive parents and the child they already have ?

January 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  61. LISA BLANKENBICKER

I THINK THE SMITHS KNOW WHERE BABY GABRIAL, DO YOU THINK THE SMITH'S RELATIVES HAVE HIM...I HOPE HE'S ALIVE, HE'S A BEAUTIFUL BABY...

January 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  62. robin

Can the police not arrest the Smiths for hindering an investigation? They seem obsessed with this child and seems like they would go to any lengths to get this child..even illegally. Their mannerisms and actions have proven them untrustworthy and unfit to be parents. They would go to such exteme measures to help this woman whom they only met at an airport seven months earlier? This story is bizarre, but I bet they are the masterminds behind this. Their fifteen minutes` fame are up and they should be in a jail cell until they cough up the information to bring Gabriel home to his father.

January 13, 2010 at 12:46 pm
  63. Roxie

Nancy,
    The Smiths were waiting for the Mother and Gabriel to arrive. It's so OBVIOUS...why would adoptive parents, who wanted another child, be the ones that she considered giving Gabriel to?? The Smiths were WAITING for her to arrive! They KNOW where Gabriel is. It's very obvious to me, They are LYING, and I hope LE does not let up until they tell the truth!

January 13, 2010 at 12:49 pm
  64. Jenny

The Smiths are lying! I think they have stashed Gabriel with friends, perhaps in Mexico. He will "somehow" appear on their doorsteps, or someother way. Wait and see. These people are lying, and I just hope and pray that the next polygraph will prove it! This beautiful baby needs to be returned to his Daddy asap! The Smiths need to be jailed. They are shameful liars.

January 13, 2010 at 12:59 pm
  65. Jenny

Wishful thinking ... if Gabriel is returned, it would be WONDERFUL if you and hubby could adopt him! The twins would love him I am sure!

January 13, 2010 at 1:02 pm
  66. Kathy

There is something about the Smith's that just don't add up It was reported in Phoenix that Tammie Smith had 3 children prior and lost custosy to her x husband. Kinda odd a mother loses custody of her own children. And if that is the case, then how does she and her husband legally manage to adopt a 4year old. Even if it is a family member's child, from a legal standpoint, what judge would grant them the rights, if she already lost custody of her own children.

January 13, 2010 at 1:12 pm
  67. Elizabeth

It appears that the Smiths were "waiting" for Gabriel and his Mother at the airport.It's also obvious that they are lying. They know where this baby is, and I just pray to God, that the next polygraph will PROVE that they are lying! Wait and see, they know where Gabriel is. I am tuly shocked that someone in LE/FBI can't get the Mother to talk. That's a real letdown. Hopefully, after she sit in jail awhile, she will be ready to talk, if LE makes it tough enough. Just don't "coddle" this creature.

January 13, 2010 at 1:40 pm
  68. mary

Nancy should ask Tammi Smith why she lost custody of her 3 natural children to their father...Also, from reports, the "adoption" of their daughter
    is shady. Her birth father (Jack's son) has spoken to the police and wants both Tammi and Jack arrested for kidnapping. They are certainly suspicious in this horrible "game" they're playing.

January 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm
  69. Nancy

You said it all, "Mayhem"...I couldn't have put it better. And you too "Tricia", make this psycho witch talk anyway they can, always protecting their precious rights. My heart is breaking not knowing where this angel faced boy is today..I hope it will not be like the other pyscho child killer, Casey Anthony, outcome or length of time.

January 13, 2010 at 1:55 pm
  70. Desiree Sendelbach

Why of all the places in the united states to go did this girl pick out san antonio, it doesnt look like she knew anyone there, the whole thing is sooo off, come on she wouldnt hand that baby over to a stranger and what stranger wouldnt ask for the car seat or baby supplies, and then once they had the child take that child directly to a police station or a hospital, for all they knew she might not even be the childs mother...come on...too many lies...i live in total hope that this baby is still alive...but if the adoptive parents arent helping to stash him some where then he is definately dead...my prayers are all about getting the truth out of these idiots and stopping all the abductions and killings OMG!! this is just out of control!!

January 13, 2010 at 2:00 pm
  71. Carla

I wish somebody would find this little boy. I can not understand for the life of me why someone would hurt an innocent child. I also did notice them touching eachother on the legs during the interviews. It was weird. If their poly shows inconclusive...they are quilty. Don't you think this Texas couple would come forward now knowing the severity of the case. Their is no couple. That mother should be interrogated until she can't take it anymore.

January 13, 2010 at 2:09 pm
  72. Jean

I agree that the Smiths body language is off. He said the poly was like being in an electric chair. I had to take one to get a job once and it was no big deal. Unless of course you are nervous because you have something to hide. I think they know alot more than they are saying and if they don't and are on the up and up they will surely want to retake the poly. God bless Gabriel and keep him safe.

January 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm
  73. Jacy

I think there are too many coincidences in this case with the Smiths and the baby. For one, they are from or have lived in TN, one of the places that Elisabeth traveled thru on her way to FL. Now, Tammy Smith's cousin is one of the men listed as a possible father to Gabriel? They always seem to contradict something else they have already said. I also find the story that they met Elisabeth in an airport 7 mos ago, and only right before Gabriel went missing did they have contact with her again? They said they only knew her for "a few days." What's with that?!? Does not anyone in law enforcement believe there are too many coincidences and oddities in this case? The Smith's are entirely too eager to come on television every day to "give their opinions." I also agree with whoever said that is was quite unusual that both of the Smiths' polys were inconclusive.

January 13, 2010 at 4:36 pm
  74. JO

I watch your show nightly and these story's really amaze me. There needs to be a law to prevent people from hiding behind it. If she were to have a Murder charge(because no one knows where the child is) and a quicker court date Im sure alot more questions would have been answered by now due to fear of what could happen to her beig as she is a very selfish person

January 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm
  75. Leslie

I've just started watching. Has anyone called in and asked Nancy these questions about the Smith's?

January 13, 2010 at 5:45 pm
  76. heather.elliott

were,did.elizabeth,johnson.get.money,from,she,did,not,have,a,job,did,she,steal,money,from.someone

January 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm
  77. steve fassett

Check this out the Home Gate Hotel where EJ was reported to have stayed while in San Antonio TX address 11221 San Pedro AVE. This hotel is two blocks north of International Assocation for Colon hydro theraphy Headquarters. 11103 San Pedro AVE. Goggle map it. Tammi Smith is a member of this society. I just wonder if she ever stayed at this hotel when visiting colon cleaners headquarters? Do you know who Yenni the fox reporter is? Its a she and her name is spelled Yami Virgin news 29 watch her report.
    finally, Elizebeth Johnson EJ did not stay at the Motel 6 per Nancy and also I agree Nancy has been to soft on the Smiths.

January 13, 2010 at 6:19 pm
  78. julie from ohio

does anyone know about moms parents i heard onthe show she was in foster homes .did she live with her grandfather in tempe az ?

January 13, 2010 at 7:01 pm
  79. courtney

I don't believe tammi and jack are looking for 15 mins. of fame. They took care of the child believing they were going to beable to adopt him and make him apart of their family. Elizabeth lied to them and now as broke their hearts and they are just trying to help find him. And to be named persons of interest I think I would be talking as much as I can to show I have nothing to hide and will answer any question you asked.

January 13, 2010 at 7:11 pm
  80. Linda

Leslie – It is almost impossible to get through the phone lines. That is why I posted on here hoping she will see my entry.

January 13, 2010 at 8:16 pm
  81. Anne

These "adoptive" parents are up to no good. Now that it has come out that Mrs. Smith was allegedly helping Elizabeth Johnson circumvent the baby's father by claiming that Mrs. Smith's cousin, a Mr. Cherry, was the father in a court filing, I can't believe anything that the Smiths have to say.

January 13, 2010 at 8:18 pm
  82. sabrina holland

I absolutely agree with another blogger. Charge her head on with capitol murder, and all others that are envolved with this case one way or the other, then see how fast people start talking!
    This is a child for God sakes who deppends on us for safety and security. We have legal ways to make people talk! I say use them!

January 13, 2010 at 8:21 pm
  83. Julia

I truly believe this mother is crazy but I have to know what right did this potential adoptive couple think they had taking a child from the mother with no regard to the childs father. They are saying they had legal documents, that is garbage, the father never agreed to any adoption. What is wrong with people that think they can obtain children like this? I find fault with all of them, the mother and this couple. They are all crazy. People like this should not be allowed anywhere near children. I pray this child is found safe and sound and is returned to his father if he is able to care for him.

January 13, 2010 at 8:55 pm
  84. Judy

Why can't the police trick Elizabeth into getting the baby back here and say the dad has agreed to give Gabriel up for adoption, but when Gabriel gets in the room, police surround the room and take the baby and tell them it was a set up.

January 13, 2010 at 8:57 pm
  85. sharon

to those who are asking- her parents are deceased

January 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm
  86. Laurie

This Smith couple have had their 15 minutes and need to shut up. It seems their purpose is to get their faces on every morning show and Nancy Grace every night. When I see them on Nancy's show every night, my husband and I either pute them on mute or we change the channel It's like listening to Cindy Anthony. How do they know that "she's a very smart girl,has a 4.0 GPA and was awarded a full scholarship to college"? Give me a break! They continually slander the bio Dad and were hell bent on going through with an illegal adoption. They need to disappear NOW and not keep showing up on Nancy's show night after night after night. ENOUGH ALREADY!!

January 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm
  87. suzi

Jacy...I totally agree with your comments!!

On tonights show just listening to Tammi Smith was making my hair stand on end. I thought she was going to start interviewing Nancy!!

Someone else had mentioned how she (Tammi) acts like the reporters are there for her and she has befriended them to a point of working with them and exchanging information. She claims she asked Elizabeth ALL the questions that Nancy had asked her and her reply is always "Oh yes..I asked her that and she said and blah blah blah..." I guess they are just waiting for her to tighten her and her husbands (brother) own noose. She has an answer for everything..justifing everything she says that becomes questioned. She has this whole scam and her alibies planned and thought out verbatim.

Why are so many like Nancy, and some of her panel so empathetic and/or sympathetic with the Smiths and their con/ruse???

Seems like the victims have a more difficult ime with law enforcement than the "suspects" i.e. Tammi, Elizabeth and Jack.

January 13, 2010 at 9:22 pm
  88. gennie hughes

i was wondering why if she gave the baby away,did she not give the person or persons the babys car seat???? that is what worries me

January 13, 2010 at 10:26 pm
  89. Carol

I live near Tempe Az and the local news has been reporting that the person who Elizabeth Johnson named as the possible father of Gabriel is related to the Smiths. His last name is Cherry. Seems like a mighty big coincidence.

January 13, 2010 at 10:37 pm
  90. trudy

Has anyone wondered why San Antonio? I have and discovered that it is the half-way point between Tempe, AZ and Mount Juliet, TN. From Tempe, AZ to San Antonio, TX it is 981 miles. From Mount Juliet, TN to San Antonio, TX it is 956 miles.

Prior to moving to Arizona, Jack and Tammi Smith are from Tennessee and have previously contacted an adoption agency located in Mount Juliet, TN and run by Janet Morris.

Could the persons that met up with Elizabeth in San Antonio be a friend or relative of the Jack and Tammi Smith or an employee of Janet Morris?

January 13, 2010 at 10:51 pm
  91. M, J. NORRIS

The first time the Smith's were interviewed, i understood her to say they had known the baby's mother for only two or three weeks. Later, in the same interview, she said something about her being with her seven months earlier. How long have they really known her? Also, why were they not trying to encourage and help her find a way to keep him. Why were they with her at the airport? Seems there is more to the story than is being told. What is so wrong with Gaberiel's father and his family that she did not want him to have the child? Perhaps, if they had not interfeared and encouraged her to give up the baby he might be with his family who love him, not with strangers or worse. God knows where he is and he sure knows about those who have him or have harmed him. So, God please hold him safe in your arms and do what is best for him.

January 13, 2010 at 11:32 pm
  92. Debbie

My thoughts are that the Smith's are as "out there" as Elizabeth... They talk about the holes in her story well every night they come up with a different time line for knowing her, from 7 months, to 10 days...and how do the police have the right to say"yes you keep that baby because he should not be with his mother" wouldn't they take him to child services or hey maybe find his father??? I just don't believe them sorry maybe I am wrong... but... I wasn't wrong about Casey A...

I wonder if they don't have Gabe right there in their own home.... I would do a trail of that family as well...

Where is the father these days... If she is so intelligent or whatever, then I would think she would know better then to do any of this... bipolar or not.... God bless Gabriel....

January 13, 2010 at 11:32 pm
  93. Stephanie

Just a few thoughts, the father's background needs to be checked into. If he suspected (as he has stated) that she was "ill" then why would he leave his child with her? Why not take the child when he vacated the home at her request? Also, if NG would stop having the Smiths on every night, then maybe, just maybe, the baby would show up. I think they are enjoying the spotlight too much. Also, cut a deal with the mother to find out once and for all what has happened to the baby. Agree not to seek the death penalty, something along those lines.

January 14, 2010 at 12:12 am
  94. Nancy Butler

I think the Smith's are lying through their teeth. They know who has Gabriel and they are just as guilty as the mother. How can they sit teir and tell those lies. Do they think they can hide the baby forever? They will soon be caught. Tammi Smith even talked to a nurse about the lie detector test trying to find out how they can fool it. They need to be arrested soon so they can find out what happen to the helpless baby in the middle of this whole story. They are just as sick as the other. May God be with little Gaberial and you arrive back home to your daddy.

January 14, 2010 at 2:30 am
  95. LR

I think Elizabeth is trying to make it look as though she has 2 personalities or some other personality disorder.

1. She rents 2 hotel room using her real name and another using an alais name.

2. When Tammi Smith went to jail and talked to her she didn't remember the time they spent talking about the baby for 4 hours.

3. At first she didn't remember who she gave the baby to and what they looked like, then she remembers.

Tammi Smith stated the girl has a 4.0 and that she is not dumb.
    I bet if the investigators found the computer she sold they might
    find some clues as to her researching either personality disorders or law cases related to defendents with personality disorders.

January 14, 2010 at 3:42 am
  96. k davenport

What are the chances that the Smiths keep meeting young girls that are crying and want to give up thier babies. What do the Smiths do for a living? They seem to know lawyers in differant states that handle adoptions.How is it that the Smiths where able to adopt the little girl they have now when Tammi Smith lost custody of 3 of her own natural children? It would not surprize me if the mother meet a husband and wife child trafficker team at a large airport. The young mother gets to know the husband and wife and lets them keep her baby as she needs a break she under alot of stress.The husband and wife set up a meeting with a couple at the park in Texas. The young mother gets 1,200 to 1,500 from the Az husband and wife to drive to Texas and meet some great people that want a child but cant have one. Young mother does meet Texas couple and likes them and gives them the baby.Texas couple likes baby and calls AZ husband and wife and money is exchanged. Young stressed out mother knows nothing about any money exchanged other then the money they gave her so she could drive down and meet the Texas couple. This is why she is not talking to anyone but Tammi Smith,I am sure this is what the cops will find if they look into the Smiths. We have more kidnapping in Az the any other state and the numbers have gone up the last 2years.

January 14, 2010 at 4:22 am
  97. Marie

Just because a person is possibly bi-polar doesn't mean anything. There is such a label on bi-polar persons.

January 14, 2010 at 4:27 am
  98. Jeff

When is everyone going to get that there is no such thing as a 'lie detector'? The polygraph been scientifically discredited repeatedly since the day of its invention. It is a waste of tax payer money. Reading tea leaves is just as accurate and far, far cheaper.

January 14, 2010 at 7:58 am
  99. Stacy

So the smiths meet Johnson 7 months ago, then right before the baby was handed over to "someone", well then how is it that Tammi smith had the time to help Johnson with the filing of the court paper regarding paternity? And when was this document actually filed? that might shed some insight She (Tammi) states that she did not know Caig (Tammi's cousin) name was put on the paper work because she did not have time to look it over, Yeah right. They were exchanging name suggestion, How else would Johnson know the name of Tammis cousin, sounds to me that Tami should be sitting in jail for the involment of falseifying court documents. And doestnt the court have video cameras, can't they get the date that the papers were filed and do a search on the video cameras of that day to prove that Tammi was there, Im sure most court houses have cameras or surrounding Business's.

These two (Smith's) are indeed in some deep trouble. I think Tammi know's way more detailed information than the husband, whom might I add was like a puppet on a string, taking orders from his wife. Tammi's hands are dirty.

Also if johnson stayed with tammi, cant they check shopping centers videos to see if tami and Johnson were together shopping for baby things. or even get tamis bank info, check for any checks that were made out for like walmart etc..... check video of that day. she might have been purchasing baby items long before the baby went missing.

January 14, 2010 at 8:23 am
  100. Jan

DO NOT give the Smiths anymore air time...they know where the boy is, who has the boy (someone they know) and need to be charged with aiding the mother.

January 14, 2010 at 9:36 am
  101. PLL

Nancy's chopped up show and story on this baby is driving me nuts.Smiths are calling police every 10 minutes now..should have been calling a whole bunch of people when police showed up to their home at 3:30 when they were.."babysitting" or whatever...just doesn't make sense!!!

January 14, 2010 at 10:18 am
  102. Julee

These "adoptive parents" and the smug looks on their faces make me sick! And I like the way they dodge questions about why they're against Logan and for the mother instead. Talk about stupid. But lets keep the camera on them. It's just what they want.

January 14, 2010 at 10:42 am
  103. Julee

This smug "adoptive couple" has only known the baby for a matter of days. I'd like to see them charged in the end. Something off about them.

January 14, 2010 at 10:45 am
  104. mary

I noticed, when the Smiths were on the show, several night ago, they menioned that if someone had Gabriel "hidden" for several years, he could then be brought safely back into "society". Last night, Tammi Smith said that Elizabeth Johnson mentioned a similar statement re. the "couple" that she gave the baby to?!? Is she somehow getting her current story from Tammi?!

January 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm
  105. Stephanie

Tamara B. – who are the Powells ? You made a couple references
    to them. How do they fit into this drama. I've watched Nancy Grace
    several times in last couple weeks but don't remember this name-Powell-. Who are they ?

January 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm
  106. msmarble

hi, the smiths are very odd indeed. yet, nancy garce seems to miss this observation. I find nancy garce's approach to this couple as even more disturbing. whats' her motivation? Her guests see it. explain this to me. thank you ms marble.

January 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm
  107. Stephanie

Nancy,
    While I appreciate the "good" your show does, I am confused as
    to why the headlines that appear constantly are so misleading ?
    For instance, on Monday evening it read, "mom suffocated baby,
    put him in diaper bag and threw in trash". Then, a minute or so
    later, it comes to light that this was one proposal by the prosecuters.
    Yesterday, when I turned to your show, the headline read, "FBI has
    video of couple taking baby, etc.........." Then again, a minute or
    so later, the headline is explained saying this is what this Elizabeth
    Johnson is now saying. I understand you are trying to capture the
    audience but these are cheap tricks and the subject matter you deal
    with is very serious. These "tricks" of yours demean the rest of the show.

January 14, 2010 at 3:50 pm
  108. Steve Porten

First of all has anybody turned up the fake ID from Texas. I think not, Was there a diaper bag at the hotel or in the car?. Did she give it to the people who took the baby. Where is all the hotel cameras at? Was the car still running and how can a young girl from AZ end up in Texas and then Know to go to Florida? Have her travel plans ever included any of these places before? This is a pretty simple case if they just ask the right people for the right information.

January 14, 2010 at 4:28 pm
  109. Philip Minter

SMITHS ARE IN COLLUSION WITH ELIZABETH JOHNSON- THEY ARE GUILTY AS SIN IT'S OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE BUT YOU NANCY!

bet she doesn't even cover baby Gabriel tonight. 'The Powells ' are Jack and Tammi Smith. Tamara B. has her stories mixed up.

January 14, 2010 at 4:33 pm
  110. Anne

The Smiths own a chain of Colon Cleaning businesses in the Valley called "Healing Waters". The police are now looking into the fact that one of EJs apparent San Antonio was within two block of their professional association's main office location.

I'm wondering if Nancy is having Smiths on the show to keep them talking and digging themselves into a hole. She's too sharp to really let some of what they're saying go by. I think she's trying to bait them into slipping up.

January 14, 2010 at 7:56 pm
  111. Vicki

Why can't the mother be charged with murder the father has a text of her words saying she killed Gabrial,if they try her for murder she will produce the baby or be convicted and is San Antonio searching landfills and everywhere because I think she is coming up with this new story to keep from being charged with murder

January 14, 2010 at 8:37 pm
  112. Nancy

I was wondering if there is video of Elizabeth with a bag crossing the street to the bus station. She could have possibly killed the baby and not disposed of him until she arrived in Florida. Also, she has had an accomplice upon her arrival in San Antonio who has given her money and taken the baby. Anybody getting a new baby would want to get their own clothes and new baby items. The photo of the baby above this blog clearly shows that he has allergies by the rash on his cheeks. He is in distress by the furrowing of his brows and sadden eyes. At some point, he might need medical attention. I pray for this baby's safe return.

January 15, 2010 at 12:55 am
  113. Jill

I am so lost as to what is going on. Why are they back and forth with these people? Give them all Polygraphs including the mother, and get to the bottom of this. I also believe the Smiths are lying. they are all in this together.

They need to do some serious interrogation with he Smiths. Why are they not talknig to people who live and work with them? Neighbors? Am I missing that? Are they?

January 15, 2010 at 10:47 am
  114. sarah

This is getting too much. What is this world coming too?! All this confusion. This poor baby has suffered due to his mothers selfishness and stupidity!

January 15, 2010 at 11:09 am
  115. Carol

Our local (Phoenix) CBS affiliate does a story on Gabriel every night and last night they reported that Tammi Smith admitted that she lied when she said she didn't know how her cousin's name had gotten on the paternity papers. Craig Cherry is her first cousin and she and Elizabeth put his name down as Gabriel's possible biological father to "slow down the custody decision". If Tammi lied about this, how many other "facts" has she also lied about? She and her husband are definitely hiding something.

January 15, 2010 at 11:32 am
  116. Kas

There are tightknit underground groups that probably have the baby and are "protecting" him. The people who do have him might not even realize that the baby is the same one and its possible that this baby might not even be in the US anymore at this point. Records can be falsified for a child so young.

January 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm
  117. Elizabeth

TAMMI SMITH HAS 3 DAUGHTERS that she lost custody of. The child they are raising is Bill's GRANDAUGHTER.

These people are lying phonies, and should be jailed until they tell where baby Gabriel is!

January 15, 2010 at 12:41 pm
  118. Elizabeth

II agree Stephanie...just more stupid BOMBSHELLS~! Nancy is so "tough" with most of her guest....why is she coddling the lying, phony Smiths? They KNOW exactly where Gabriel is. I'm thinking Mexico. Whereever he is, they KNOW. Tammi Smith lost custody of her three daughters...WHY??

Why did she use Craig Cherry's name as the possible Father?? He"s Tammi Smith's FIRST COUSIN! Tammi Smith should be jailed...she KNOWS where this baby is~~!

January 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm
  119. Jared

I heard that Tammi Smith owns Holy Waters Enema Co. What is THAT about?

January 15, 2010 at 12:55 pm
  120. Franklin

Why aren't the Smiths in jail? Surely, LE/FBI know that they are lying!
    Baby Gabriel is probably in Mexico by now...this was all planned. Wait and see.

January 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm
  121. Franklin

I think once LE/FBI start checking "The Smiths" background, they are going to be shocked and amazed.

January 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm
  122. Janice

Dr. Lillion Glass thinks the Smiths are showing signs of deception. The Smiths know alot more than they are saying. I hope she is a guest on NG.

January 15, 2010 at 1:49 pm
  123. laurie m

Nancy is letting the Smith's hang themselves She has them on the show to get them to bury themselves She knows they are guilty Tammy Smith's cousin posing as the bio dad is proof
    Tammy said that Logan hung up on her I would hang up on someone who is trying to take my baby They are sooo creepy They love all of this attention Tammy lost custody of her older kids WHY? They also took their son in law's child The police know what they are dealing with We all do

January 15, 2010 at 3:04 pm
  124. Marie

I am so tired of everyone blaming the Smiths for a crime. They are innocent! The American adoption system is so messed up that people wanting to adopt through the system would think mana had fallen from heaven if they found a woman in an airport that wanted to make an adoption plan. They would think God was blessing them with this opportunity. Why does everyone want to make them out to be bad people? As an adoptive parent of two, I know from first hand experience that you can fall in love with your child from just a picture...from just the dream of them becoming a part of your family. I know that it seems quite possible that their inconclusive lie detector tests could very well be because they are attached to this little boy. Lay off the Smiths, please!

January 15, 2010 at 8:13 pm
  125. Jon

I told my wife from the beginning that the Smiths body language and vague answers allude to them knowing more than they're saying. I also gave my prediction that they 1) helped finance elizabeth johnson's roadtrip across america 2) know where the baby is because they 3) arranged the handoff of the baby to the "strangers" for safekeeping. How else would they have known the name of the park before the police and media did? Who are these supposed "contacts" that they have in Texas?
    I think that they were attempting to go through with keeping baby Gabriel by helping the mom keep the child away from the father. I think once all this blew over, their plan was to move away themselves and link up with the baby and start a new life. Anyone with common sense would know that this plan would not and could not work, but people who act on obsessively and compulsively do not include reality in their decision making process.
    The police and FBI will get to the bottom of this and find that the Smiths are guilty of at least some of what I said above. I also believe that if Nancy starts putting pressure on them like she has so many others, they will fall apart and not get in front of another camera further proving their guilt in this to some degree.

January 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm
  126. Celeste Cortes

Here is my Theory:
    Baby Gabriel is a PAS victim. This is when the family Court accuses the one parent of alienating the other parent . It is a CON game the court plays. They will attack the parent who appears to fight the hardest for what they feel is the "best Interest of the child" Then the court delibetly do the oppisite of that parents opinion of "the best interest" even if it means putting the child in danger and label them will PAS syndrome. Just because the court determined McQueary is the father does not mean his is the father because that is another CON game of family court they determine the father by which one will cause the mother labeled with PAS to fight court decisions to place the child with the most. WHY there is MONEY MONEY MONEY in the court fight the longer it is the MO MONEY.
    What is obvious is the mother was determand to protect her child from McQueary at what ever cost.
    Even if she was not the best mother her self. She Knew that baby needed a GOOD home and she meant she was going to find it and she did in "her mind". Rather the baby is in good hands in Reality only GOD knows. Because when you go to the underground world they are the good underground and the bad underground.
    As far as why she had little less than $500 when they fount her well obvious she did not sell the baby. She just gave it to what she precieved as a "good stable home" and the 1200 she started out with goes really quick when you are buy everything for her and the baby at gas station plus the cost of gas a lot especialy going cross country. Then a bus ticket and buying food at the over priced food courts. Do not for get the hotels and long distance phone calls from pay phones. And you still have the question is the baby really in the underground adoption ring or Is he simply hidding out in the underground hideout from family and CPS til the media dies down will be reunited with one of the mother's family membors in a new town with a new name like in the Holly Collins case.
    I just hope baby Gabriel is the hands of the good underground world and not the bad! bassing what I know about the Smith's the baby is more than likely safe and will raised in a good home but he made somebody a few hundred thousand. I really feel he more than likely was adopted out but he could be in the CPS and family court underground hidding which 100% good non profit. JUST ILEGAL
    the opinion is brought to you by sandiegochildtrafficking.com
    where the english gramer is BAD but the inside info in GOOD as Gold!

January 16, 2010 at 12:04 am
  127. STEPHANIE

I am so SICK of these people who want to kill their kids!! My god, could they not at least drop them off at a firehouse or hospital and walk away? If we would go back to the way things use to be and starting KILLING these idiots, I think that some people might get the message. DO NOT KILL, MOLEST, OR HARM YOUR CHILDREN OR ANYONE ELSE. Did we all get it??? I have 4 small children, and I would NEVER think of driving mine off a bridge or trying to drown them or even attempt to give them away. This makes me sick, I know my opinion sounds so harsh, but i can not help it..This little boy could still be alive, I hope EVERYONE is praying to whom ever they pray to, that this little guy is alive....This drives me nuts, and I don't even know how the judge who set her bail at 1.1 mil did not puke on her. She is a piece of crap and needs to be thrown under the jail or what ever the American people think should be done to her.

January 16, 2010 at 1:56 am
  128. ReeRee

Why are the Smiths still speaking. They said that they know nothing about the where abouts of Gabriel. So why are they still on the the Nancy Grace show? If you do not know anything why are youstill in the fore front sit dow and shut up! They know more than they are telling. the reason is they think if they stay in the pubic eye they will know what the police know before the public does. I myself want to know why they stayed in contact with Elizabeth after they found out the father was not going along with the adoption? Why were they still contacting Logan the father trying to get him to agree to the adoptions when they knew he was fighting for full custody? Bad mouthing him saying he was unfit because he had a crimmal record do they even know what his record is? They helped the mother and the truth will come out. Nancy need to keep[ them off her show until they are arrested.

January 16, 2010 at 9:05 pm
  129. ReeRee

I posted a comment before reading the blog. So I found alot of info and wonder why Nancy Grace has not mention any info on the Smiths? I refused to call them the prospective adoptive parents and why does Nancy call them the adoptive parents? They were never given custody of this child. So what that the mother Elizabeth let them babysit. That is what is was. Nancy needs to(woman/man up) and ask the tough questions. Ask Tammi Smith why she lost custody of her children. Do they have jobs? If the Smith met Elizabeth 7 months ago in the airport why did they give her their number? and after 7 months what was the purpose of her contacting them, I do not believe it was just out of the blue. They planned this and when Elizabrth realized things were not going her way regarding custody she called the Smiths to hide the baby. Also Nancy needs to ask Why and what Judge in their right mind would allowed them to adopt (Jacks) granddaught if Tammi lost custody of her children due to being unfit if that is the case?.

January 16, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  130. Marilyn Fair

ok everyone, I think the concensus from most all who have posted here is that the Smiths are into some kind of child trafficing, maybe providing babies to be adopted. It sure looks like that could be the case, I am sure that the authorities have also thought of this. Too many coincidences between the Smiths, San Antonio, Tennessee and what in the world is the info about Mrs. Smith losing custody of her own three children? This case is getting rediculously mixed up regarding info. being reported. My big question is this...if the Smiths are involved in child trafficing why on earth would they put themselves in the middle of this case and go on tv etc. and draw attention to themselves? That makes no sense either. I sure hope that little Gabriel is ok and it all comes to a head so to speak soon. Nancy, please give us some update info on Haleigh Cummings soon.

January 18, 2010 at 3:05 am
  131. Deb

I agree Nancy is being way too nice to Tammi Smith, how could you forget that you wrote a relatives name down as the possible father, the Smith's were trying to get that child underhandly away from the father.

January 18, 2010 at 9:18 am
  132. Mark Invaov

Generally polygraphs are 61-72% accurate, and while other evidence may be important, the main value of a polygraph is to judge whether someone is willing to take it or not.

Other than from vendors or people who make money from polygraphs, all objective studies show that they are often inaccurate. That is why it is not illegal in most cases, to use polygraphs for employment purposes in the United States, and polygraph results are not admissible as evidence in criminal cases.

January 18, 2010 at 11:28 am
  133. Kathryn

What happend with baby gabriel? any news about his where abouts?

January 18, 2010 at 8:01 pm
  134. crystal miller

when will you have something else on this little baby boy

January 18, 2010 at 8:40 pm
  135. Anne

Tammi has a criminal record too....she went to jail for forging her 2nd husband signature in checks when she lived in Lousiana. What husband is this woman on anyway?

January 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm
  136. laurie m

Nancy sees all The Smiths are too stupid to realize this She has all of the same info as in these comments and more Her staff is on this She is letting the Smith's implicate themselves On TV no less. Tammi said that she and Elizabeth were in a hurry to get to court and they "put" Tammi's cousin's name down as the father She first denied seeing it on the paperwork When Nancy asked her about it the second time she admitted it. She said she just remembered that day They were in such a rush There is now way Nancy isn't on to her

January 19, 2010 at 4:52 pm
  137. Pam

Nancy, I was a prision nurse for 5 yrs. I know that the other inmates could make Ms. Johnson talk if the guards will let them. I say let them do their work and lets find this baby boy. Or atleast find out what happened to this baby boy.

January 21, 2010 at 5:22 pm
  138. lol

Some people should be sterilized and not be allowed to reproduce

January 21, 2010 at 6:57 pm
  139. latinagurl

This is so sad I wish the mom would just start talking or the smiths. What are they holding up? Obviously the mother is hiding something or she would of have said something by now. She knows where her son is, shes not trying to say anything because she knows shes going to spend life in prison for killing her son. Shes doing what Casey did, lie until they find a body. Shes not going to tell the truth for nothing if she hasnt done it already. All she cares about is her self. What a selfish girl. They should do back grounds on these girls and test them to see if they are going to be fit parents. If not make them go to parenting classes until they completed then they can have there kids back

February 2, 2010 at 3:26 am
  140. John @ Plfd

"...brawny & tough faced..." Jack Smith, is nothing more than that. His wife Tammi, has been in contact with Liz supposedly from jail, through use of a telephone call into Tammi's cel-phone(?). I didn,t know contact to a cel-phone was permitted from inside a jail or prison was allowed by a telephone company. All calls are suppose to be collect calls only. if the rules have been changed on inmate telephone use, is the public aware of this and is the prison/jail syatem aware of this. In any case, the Smiths are knee-deep in another level of questional behavior and involvement with "Mommy Liz". Is there anyone caring enough to trail the smiths more closely/

February 2, 2010 at 1:19 pm
  141. Carol

Just reported on the local Phoenix news – Tammi Smith has been arrested for custodial interference, forgery and helping Elizabeth Johnson leave the state with Gabriel. Jack Smith was not arrested. Logan (Gabriels's father) has started a road trip with his cousins retracing Elizabeth's steps to Texas.

February 3, 2010 at 12:39 am
  142. Leslie

Tammi Smith has finally been arrested! It's about time!

February 3, 2010 at 9:42 am