Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Disturbing photos released: baby Gabriel in hotel room

Disturbing new photos of missing 8-month-old baby Gabriel the last day he’s seen alive allegedly show the boy inside a Texas motel room looking sick, tired and his eyes drooping as he holds onto a medicine bottle! Police say they retrieved the pictures from the camera of his own mother!

Filed under: Nancy Grace Video
  1. Vicki

I live 6 hrs. from San Antonio and would gladly go and get nasty dirty to find this baby if they will point me in the right place to look,PLEASE PLEASE PUT THE SPOTLIGHT AND SHAME ON sAN aNTONIO POLICE FOR NOT LOOKING FOR THIS BABY'S BODY,IT IS A SAD DAY FOR THE SAN ANTONIO POLICE

January 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm
  2. Dee

He looks fine to me. i think she gave her son to someone for protection SOMEONE wanted him.

January 20, 2010 at 8:56 pm
  3. Ruth May

Can someone PLEASE tell Nancy that a 12-year old is NOT in 4th or 5th grade? Brett Smith, unless he has a learning disability, is in 6th or 7th grade. If Nancy's kids are still in fourth grade at age 12, she will be under close observation for raising a couple of idiots. Thanks.

January 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm
  4. Sandi

Why aren't his pictures spread all over the major new networks also?
    Many people may have seen someone with a baby resembling these photos, but even here in San Diego, there's nothing on the news.
    I have to watch CNN to stay up with the story and have never seen any pics, news, etc. about baby Gabriel on San Diego news, local or national.

January 20, 2010 at 9:09 pm
  5. Bea Pulice

Hey Nancy just a comment on baby Gaberials Mom, I'm so glad shes back in az and under Sherrif Joes care because she'll evevtialy be in tent city
    and working in strips in the HOT sun. Shell pay for what ever she did to that beautiful gift from god she gave back to him. Nancy my 12yr is your biggest fan she wants to be a prosicuter some day.. Keep doing what you do. America scares me with all theses parents only think of there selfs and not the perious gifts that the lord gives them. God Bless You!!
    Bea

January 20, 2010 at 10:43 pm
  6. lilia bernal

I just send in a comment about me and grand babies on Jan. 12 sorry not to familiar with computers will try to send my e-mail address,by pressing the notify me via email

January 21, 2010 at 10:00 am
  7. pamela brown

the pictures of baby gabriel are very disturbing. has anyone noticed the picture with the red liquid in the bottle? could the significance of that photo be showing him drinking the tylenol (which i believe is red). it seems like they are important pictures, since they were only of him with a dazed look on his face. and an empty tylenol bottle. thanks for letting me have my say.

January 21, 2010 at 1:25 pm
  8. Mike N.

Funny how people will grab at anything and spin it into something that its not. Im not going to claim to know what happened to the child or who is responsible but when did it become a horrible thing to take a picture of a sleepy child? Kids get sleepy and try thier hardest to stay awake. Also, that looks more like a sippy cup with koolaid than it does a medicine bottle. Get a grip people. Let the courts handle it.

January 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm
  9. Theresa Scroger

If you need a driver's license to operate a car, why can't we implement a test for becoming a parent? Too many of these babies that we see on the show, are from people that shouldn't have been allowed to have them, in the first place. There were too many flashing red lights in these cases.

January 21, 2010 at 5:23 pm
  10. angie

It's amazing how these news coverages describe pics of people or whatever. He looks perfectly healthy and fine to me. Although we still do not know what has happened with him or why??

January 21, 2010 at 5:25 pm
  11. Laura

I was thinking, since Tammi Smith is saying she is out there in the open and wants to help bring this baby home, she can go a step further. Nancy said the other night on the show, it is legal to trick a confession. I think Tammi should be walked passed Elizabeth in jail, in same clothing Elizabeth is now wearing, into another cell (or appear to be in a cell) but far enough away that communication between the two can't be had. And then requestion Elizabeth again, having her believe, Tammi is getting charged with assisting in the abduction and anything else. I know Elizabeth doesn't seem to care or love her own beautiful baby, or the father/boyfriend whom she's known since middle school (I believe), but she seems to have at least pretended to be sorry to the Smiths. If she thinks someone else will go down with her, maybe, just a small chance, she'll fess up???

January 21, 2010 at 5:25 pm
  12. manda

I AM FURIOUS THAT THE POLICE DIDNT START LOOKING FOR A BODY IMMIDIATLEY! THE FIRST THING WE HEARD WAS THAT THE MOTHER TOLD THE FATHER THAT SHE KILLED THAT BABY AND PUT HIM IN A DUMPSTER. HAD THEY POLICE RIGHT AWAY SEARCHED DUMPSTERS THIS CASE SADLY COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLVED. ASSUMING SHE DID HURT THAT PRECIOUS CHILD. WHY TAKE THE CHANCE AND NOT INVESTIGATE THAT THOUGH?? STUPID.

January 21, 2010 at 9:02 pm
  13. Joe

The baby looks perfectly fine, clean and healthy to me. The reporting of this case is outrageous. Anything to make it look worse than it is ....for drama and ratings. Just report the facts, leave out your own input. Let viewers decide for themselves. Be fair when you report......leave out the drama and eye rolling effects. Treat your invited guests with more respect.

January 22, 2010 at 7:49 am
  14. Kat

This story is so crazy. what the he** is wrong with this mom? She has apparently got some major mental issues. How could you do that to a baby. I really do hope she did give him to someone. Although those people need to come forward with him.

January 22, 2010 at 9:42 am
  15. linda tanner

HAS ANYBODY CHECKED OUT THE CHERRY GUY WHO IS A COUSIN OF SOME SORT TO TAMMMI SMITH. I BELIEVE HE MIGHT HAVE BABY GABRIEL SINCE HE MIGHT BE GABRIEL'S FATHER. ANYTHING IS WORTH A TRY. THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY I'VE EVER SEEN AND THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO MAKE HIS MOTHER TELL WHERE HE IS.

January 22, 2010 at 2:45 pm
  16. Jennifer

I fell bad for everyone in the situation. I live here in San Antonio and everyone here knows how the SAPD works.....If it haden't been brought up on the show it probably would have been weeks before they started looking in the landfill. Some of the cops are good most are some what corrupt and it's sad to say but i wouldn't be suprised if they just sent a few cops out there just to "say" they were there. This police station won't do much unless they are put under pressure. I hope with all of my heart that the baby is alive and well but i also hope they send someone out here to make sure that the sapd are doing they're job in the first place so that we might actually have a chance to find baby Gabriel.

January 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Jennifer

By the way I certainly believe that San Antonio as a whole could be doing more to look for baby Gabriel. Missing signs, photos.....I haven't seen any around. Check out our news sites. KSAT 12 was the only one with one smallllll link you had to search for with any information on the search at all. 4 WOAI has nothing. This search is hardly getting any media coverage here what so ever,**** all the better for the people who might have baby Gabriel.**** If there is no coverage and no one knows what he looks like of course no one is going to notice him or call in with any possible tips.

January 22, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  18. rx

Sippy Cup while laying down, Mike? It's been a while since I've had a child to tend but I believe I would not allow an 8th month old baby to lay on it's back and drink from a Sippy. And most sippy's are made in a cone shape.
    ....also if this was Not a digital camera used, could that be a 35mm film container? They do come in different colors...

January 22, 2010 at 7:12 pm
  19. Amanda

Hey everyone I just want to say that I hope and pray that this baby isn't hurt and is just being hid from the family. I can say that I have 4 children and am 25 and I do love to take pics of my children and can honestly say that some of the pics do come out and look like my children are all messed up on something but it is just because your children are not goin to give you the perfect picture every time you take one I also think there is honestly nothing wrong with someone giving a baby a bottle of medicine just to play with because I myself am guilty of that and it is because they are so young that anything keeps them busy :) . I hope this case doesn't turn up like it is looking and I hope that someone comes to and says they have the baby and maybe just didn't realize that anything came about the situation and that they just thought they were doing a great favor for someone and a giving a beautiful baby a better chance at life! My heart goes out to the family and especially the dad and I hope everything turns out with a happy ending! :)
    Amanda

January 22, 2010 at 10:12 pm
  20. Tracy

How come we haven't heard anything about baby Gabriel in the past 2 days? It's as if he's lost importance or something.
    Is their an update?

January 23, 2010 at 1:29 am
  21. ogalay

It's called birth control people! If you don't want or can't handle children –DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 23, 2010 at 11:41 am
  22. Leesa Thurston

To a wonderful lady who gives a voice to those who otherwise cannot. We watch your show every night my dad and I. We are just heart broken over the cold and careless people out there. When are people going to figure out you are not going to get away with crime these days. Has this world come to a bunch of careless kids. Is that what we are bringing up in this world today. Thank You Nancy for the great work. Leesa..

January 23, 2010 at 11:50 am
  23. M. Foster

Nancy I love you, and your show, but this going on about these pics is somewhat disturbing. The child does not look to be neglected. The whites of his eyes are white. Many children have a frail looking frame, and he does not even look frail. The mother had food for the child, an almost full can of formula and some baby food. How much food is not the point, she had food. The clothes in the pics look fine, yet living in motel room, one could understand if all the clothes were not clean. Many kids have runny noses and their skin can look blotchy and they blink at the wrong time when pics are taken. Have you ever fed baby food to child and when you were done it "looked" like they got more on their clothes than in their belly. Babies spit things out. Eight month old babies are teething and may go through periods where they don't eat as well when they are not teething. They may also be helped by Tylenol for teething, which is typical for that age. For crying out loud if every mother was indited because their kids had on dirty clothes and a runny nose, the prisons would be full of mothers!

The only picture in my opinion that has been shown thus far that is disturbing is the one that "appears" to be the child sucking on a medicine dropper.

I am not saying that the mother didn't do something nefarious, obviously her inability to be forthright is suggestive of foul play.

It seems the mother came from an abusive past, and was fleeing an abusive relationship, and may have been at her wits end, and not acting completely rational. To say to a so called grandmother on the phone, "what do you expect me to do, go back", is extremely revealing psychologically. The girl fled, and unfortunately may have led the father to believe the child is dead, hence that may have been the reason for a picture with a medicine dropper in the child's mouth...to send to the father. She may have given the child up to someone, and worse yet, she may have disposed of the child.

It is a sad shame the child has not been located, and the mother will not be forthright. It seems that in the process of her fleeing abuse, she became criminal. Why I think it is sad is that to me, it looks like the mother was trying to care for the boy, and get away from a bad relationship, and even considered giving her child to a stranger to prevent him from being around a mother who was not ready for a child and a father who has been accused of being abusive. Just because she said she did not want the child, did not mean that given she had the child, she did not try to care for him.

She has made some wrong turns along the way. She should be prosecuted if she killed her child.

Hmmm, why can't law enforcement give people truth serum? I know some criminal offenses remove one's right to vote, which for some reason is not deemed unconstitional, why should someone who fails to reveal where their child is not be found to be criminal and lose their rights to remain silent? Perchance such a procedure could be used but not stand in court. At least it may lead to finding out the truth, and in a case like this...lead to finding the child...Gabriel...who has a right to be found and cared for approprietely whether dead or alive!

January 23, 2010 at 9:12 pm
  24. shelby

i have to agree with mike n the baby doesnt look "lethargic" it could be sleepy and i cant tell what taht bottle is but i will say this when my kids were teething they loved to chew on the rubber top of a medicine bottle

January 23, 2010 at 9:53 pm
  25. Elizabeth Law

Well I think she is just like Kasey Anthony and killed her baby cause she has no time for that so what are the cops waiting on she said she killed him and put him in the trash do the cops need anymore proof sometimes I wish people that do this to anyone need to have the same thing done to them as their punishment see how much they would like it

January 23, 2010 at 10:31 pm
  26. Brelyn

I've been watching but have yet to hear the most important question asked to the Baby Sitter...

If Baby Gabbriel was so dirty, and appeared so mistreated, then why didn't she report it to Social Services so her concerns could be investigated. Why did this only become a concern after Baby Gabbriel turned up missing. Is the Baby Sitter looking for Air Time on TV?

You can report any concerns to Social Services and never give your name. The important thing is to have any concerns investigated!

January 24, 2010 at 2:07 am
  27. Delicia

Baby Gabriel actually looks normal to me, but him holding that medicine bottle is a bit scary. This poor baby, I hope he is found alive. So sad in this world today mothers are killing their babies. God Bless little Gabriel..

January 24, 2010 at 11:57 pm
  28. Joann

Nancy,

I've been trying to find a place to put this comment..glad I can do it here. The little bottle baby Gabriel is drinking from appears to be a medicine feeder. I have 2 here that I purchased in Wal-Mart. Also baby Gabriel has 2 outfits on that were being sold in Wal-mart . There is alot of liquid in that little bottle. If it's Tylenol(appears to be red-purplish) then that would be a major overdose. At Gabriel's age one dropper of baby Tylenol would be all he should have. The nipple on the bottle is rather large and that dose wouldn't fill it. I also read that overdoses of Tylenol are lethal for infants and can cause death in a matter of days. I pray thsi sweet baby is found alive.

January 25, 2010 at 1:01 am
  29. DeAlona

I still believe the Smith's have something to do with all of this. I just don't trust what they are saying. I also believe that Nancy has her face to close to their faces to realize that they should still be key suspects to finding this beautiful child. Nancy step back and look again at the Smith's with your prosecutor eye. Was I the only one paying attention to the Smiths when they were on Nancy's show. They know something. And because they are in the spotlight we are suspose to believe them?? Come one, you want to find this child?? Start with the Smith's and pay attention to the Smiths!!!

January 25, 2010 at 1:10 am
  30. JBelch

I dont understand what is wrong w/the police that they would not check the dumpsters 1st thing??? An untrained person would of known to do that....I would of known to do that, just from watching all the cop/missing persons shows,I watch...COME ON....now even if they do find the baby in the dumpster later on, any evidence that may have been on the baby, will most likely be lost...I mean REALLY.....WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE!! If their affraid to get dirty, I'm SURE any normal citizen would of been willing to jump in the dumpster,if it meant saving or helping a baby...I know I would have....Some mistakes are just unexcusable!!! Not to mention, if it would of been one of the cops babies, I'm SURE they would of check ALL avenues immediately!!! They should be punished when making such big mistakes, instead of just slaps on the shoulders or cover-ups!!

January 25, 2010 at 10:03 am
  31. Lynn

If ever there was a "need" for someone to be water-boarded, it's in a case like this. This mother needs to be tortured within an inch of her life, revived and tortured again until she tells where this baby is!!!! How can our judicial system just let these monsters like Casey Anthony and Elizabeth Johnson get away with their silence or worse – LIES! It's appears that neglecting and murdering your child is easy, and you'll be treated like a victim. If they would start hanging the "Susan Smiths" of this world right on the courthouse steps and make a public spectacle of them for ALL to see, then maybe we wouldn't be seeing so many of these cases popping up.

January 25, 2010 at 10:22 am
  32. Maxine

I think the mother is stalling. She probably thinks that if she keeps giving different stories the dump will be so full that they will never find baby Gabriels body.

January 25, 2010 at 2:57 pm
  33. bette

how can ANYONE on this board suggest that there's nothing wrong with this photo? this baby is drinking directly from a medicine bottle. would you allow your child to drink from a medicine bottle? NO. you give your child the allowed dosage AT BEST. my heart dropped when i saw this photo. poor poor baby.

January 26, 2010 at 8:41 am
  34. Gerry

I am still praying everyday for this little angel. He is so beautiful and so precious. How could anyone do something to harm this little angel. It is beyond me. My heart goes out to the father. My wife I and have a son who is 7 months old, and to see Gabriel everyday on the news breaks my heart. We would adopt him in a heartbeat and give him the life he deserves. But right now we just pray every day for his safe return.

January 26, 2010 at 8:56 am
  35. Linda

This baby looks tired but otherwise healthy. I think this woman took this baby either because she didn't want the father to have him or because she hiding him to protect him.

January 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm
  36. Chelsea

This poor baby!! Do you honestly think this nut case gave her baby to someone to protect it?? No she killed that baby so his father couldnt have him. I really hope when they find this baby that they fry her. She dose not deserve lethal injection

January 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm
  37. KNolan

Does the mother really believe that with time, people will forget to look for the baby? She's not looking ahead. Eventually the truth will set Gabriel free.

January 28, 2010 at 6:58 am
  38. Janet

"Pamela Brown: January 21st, 2010 1:25 pm ET
    the pictures of baby gabriel are very disturbing. has anyone noticed the picture with the red liquid in the bottle? could the significance of that photo be showing him drinking the tylenol (which i believe is red)."

I noticed and it made my heart sink. Could she really have taken his picture as he drank the meds that killed him? It's not a pacifier, his pacifiers were white and blue. That's definitely at bottle, and that is definitely a pink liquid, unlike I have ever given my kids to drink. Except for Tylenol and Benadryl.

January 28, 2010 at 2:43 pm
  39. Edward

Hi Nancy, I love your hard core concern & the gift you are to all. Ron is involved in his daughters disapperance. Listen to his voice on the 911 call, he is acting it is a falsetto voice analize ALL of his voice patterns from then until now. You will find his voice to be an act & a bad one at that. He will not let that poor girl go (Misty) & that is why he was arrested with her on the drug charges. He probably molested or beat that poor child Haleigh & she is dead at his hands. His 911 call is a very bad acting job & the detectives must know that he is the MAIN suspect. He is trying to talk like a macho by saying he will kill whoever is involved this is a cheap ruse, now in jail he realizes he will be the one who gets his own justice when he is convicted. Its called prison justice. Keep up the good work Nancy. Ed.

January 28, 2010 at 8:27 pm
  40. Patty Page

Do you think that Cummings wording that they captured him and then corrected it to be apprenhended me could be because he knew he was going to or could possibly be "captured" for the part he played in his daughter Haleigh's disappearance. Just a thought.

January 28, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  41. Kim

Just wondering if there is an update on this case. Any new news? Hoping this child is found.

January 28, 2010 at 9:17 pm
  42. Ms.Gail

I don't understand what kind of mom wants to hurt her own baby, to get back at his father because he didn't want to be with her. Ladies having a baby by a guy don't mean he is going to stay with you. I hope and pray for the safe return of baby Gabriel he will make some family happy.

January 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm
  43. Leona

A difficult job? So what? If this child is in the dump find them. I live in Roanoke, Va. where we had a simular case and the childs body was just discovered a couple of days ago. The step-father would not tell police how the child died or where the body was. A difficult job yes but not impossible. Local police decided to search the dump where the trash from near this childs house was taken and the childs body was discovered within a day and a half. Isn't this child worth a little time to look?

January 31, 2010 at 12:45 am
  44. joyce c

I so want to smack her in the back of the head!! This case for whatever reason has me so angry, I realize there are other cases that resemble this one but this little boy breaks my heart.

April 4, 2010 at 8:45 am
  45. Rena E

God Bless The Little Children!!!!!!! What happened to the way women used to be proud to have a beautiful baby just like Gabriel?
    I agree, some women need to be fixed like an animal, so they can't hurt God'sLittle Angels!!!!!!!

I pray that this mother is protecting her beautiful baby!!! Heaven hlp her if she's not!!! Thank You for letting me give my opinion!!

April 16, 2010 at 8:31 pm