Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

FBI Investigates tourist's Aruba photo; Is skeleton at bottom of sea?

New York (CNN) – When Patti Muldowney went snorkeling off the coast of Aruba last October, the Pennsylvania woman probably could not have imagined one of her underwater photos would renew interest in the nearly five-year-old Natalee Holloway case.

Could this photo off the coast of Aruba show human remains?

Three months after snapping travel pictures of 'colorful fish' on a disposable film camera during her Royal Caribbean cruise's first stop, Muldowney and her husband realized that one picture contains what they believe appear to be human remains.

"When I looked at that photo, I said, 'By darn, that certainly does look like a skeleton,"' John Muldowney said on HLN's Nancy Grace. "You can see the skull. You can see where the eye sockets were. You can see where the chin was," he said.

"It's lying flat on its back. And its arms are cradled around," Muldowney added. "You can almost see fingers. And then on the one sleeve it looks like some kind of maybe clothing that's deteriorating."

The couple, who took the photo to police and the FBI, says it was taken near an old shipwreck. However, there are several submerged ships in the area and their boat was far enough out to sea that they could not see the shoreline.

The picture has raised the notion that if it is of a skeleton, it could be Holloway. The eighteen-year-old Alabama high school student vanished on her graduation trip to Aruba. She was last reported seen on May 30, 2005, leaving a bar in the capital of Oranjestad.

The main suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot, remains free. He has made several alleged confession-like statements in TV interviews, one of which involves dumping Holloway's body in the ocean after she had some type of seizure on the beach.

John Muldowney says Aruban authorities have not yet contacted him about the photo and the Aruban prosecutor's office was not aware of the photo until a Nancy Grace producer called for comment. They did, however, say they would investigate to determine if the photo is a potential lead in the half-decade-old case.

The FBI says it is investigating. "The photo has been made available to all elements of the FBI that are involved in this foreign police cooperation case," Mike Kortan, assistant director of the FBI's office of public affairs, said in statement released Friday.

'`Investigative leads are being pursued and the effort is ongoing."

Whether the object in the photo is really a corpse is still up for debate.

In underwater burials, it is typical for arms, legs and other extremities to be dispersed and for lighter bones to be carried away from heavier bones by fish, wildlife and water, according to Heather Walsh-Haney, a forensic anthropologist.

"It looks as if there's something that may be on top of the skeleton," Walsh-Haney said of the image in the photograph. "That would certainly bode well for preserving the center of the mass of the body and keeping most of it there."

But Marty Makary, a doctor and professor of public health at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland, said he sees mixed signs, some indicating the image may not be a skeleton.

"What I don't like about the photo is there's no spinal cord or vertebral column," he said.

"In fact, below this roundish skull type profile you see a curvature, which doesn't really represent a normal spinal column.'

Post by:
Filed under: Story Updates
  1. Mason

It is reminiscent of a skeleton But, aside from lacking the elements mention by doctor, the size of the "skull" is not proportional to the "pelvis" and other elements. This shouldn't be in the news.

March 20, 2010 at 12:38 pm
  2. Mrs. N

I have followed this since the beginning. I pray that it is her for her family's sake. I also pray that Van Der Sloot pays. I love how he says in one of his numerous confessions that he didn't lose any sleep over her death or dumping her body. I bet that if that is her he is losing some now. I worry that since the Aruban authorities didn't even know about this until the NG show called to ask that Sloot and his criminal buddies have already removed the bones.

March 20, 2010 at 1:03 pm
  3. Raine

It sounds cruel but if Natalee is truly deceased I pray that the bone remains are Natalee so that her parents can finally place her to rest near their homes.
    Not knowing for years or wondering what is being done to her is torture for this family.
    Someday Joran will be proven guily whether Natalee's death was an accidental death or at his own hands because she would not submit to being violated by Joran.
    Joran's father is now dead and justly so it seems. What goes around often comes around. How very sad this father did not force his son to step up to the plate and face the consequences Joran deserved. The father died carrying this terrible secret to his grave and must face his part in this in the after life while Joran lives comfortably and seems to be having a wonderful life.
    This entire story is so very sad.

March 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm
  4. jack merridew

thats not a skeleton, its ridiculous and its sad that so many news outlets are reporting on this as actual news

March 20, 2010 at 1:27 pm
  5. donna

I go to Aruba,everyother year orso and go on the snorkling sailboat. I was wondering which one it was ? THERE IS ONLY A HANDFUL THAT DO THATAND THEY ALL GOTO THE SAME AREA.

March 20, 2010 at 1:43 pm
  6. Paul F

Wow, apparently no one besides Natalie Holloway has ever disappeared in Aruba before.

Is the entire nation going to be put on alert each time a body is found within 100 miles of Oranjestad?

March 20, 2010 at 2:05 pm
  7. Ed

This makes the news? There is really nothing else happening in the world these days.

As any person who has been underwater knows, that "skeleton" is nothing more than a bunch of coral or rock formation – trust me, I don't see any skeleton there – but what appears to be a resemblance to an outline of a body. Similar to the face(s) on Mars – anyone remember that. If it was indeed skeleton, the dive party would ALL have noticed.

This is simply the case of the camera picking up something that's not really what it appears.

Move on guys..

March 20, 2010 at 2:30 pm
  8. Rachel

I hope this is Natalee Holloway's body so the parents can have some type of closure for their pain to the loss of their daughter.

March 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm
  9. Teco

Makes me wonder if justice can ever be found in this case

March 20, 2010 at 2:49 pm
  10. rita

I hope the FBI can trace the location of where this shot was taken. I can't imagine the pain Natalee's family has gone through all the time not knowing.....the worst part must be the not knowing.

March 20, 2010 at 3:17 pm
  11. donnasophia

It would probably be difficult to find that exact spot in the ocean again. Like looking for the Titanic. It would be wonderful if the family could finally bury Natalee and start to heal.

March 20, 2010 at 4:07 pm
  12. Anne

My heart breaks for her family, and I hope you're right Rachel, but it sounds pretty far fetched to me. Sometimes things appear to be what they're not, much like looking at a cloud in the sky and seeing Moses. Most likely Paul Van der Sloot took Natalee's whereabouts to the grave with him, never to be spoken of again by mortal man. But if this mirage IS Natalee, then there would have been at least three persons involved in her disappearance; Joran, Paul, and the person whose boat took her there. IMO....

March 20, 2010 at 4:16 pm
  13. kat

I hope for her family's sake that these are Natalee's remains, but I'm a bit skeptical. Our brains are wired to recognize human features, but sometimes we make mistakes in our perception. Remember the so-called "face" on Mars?

March 20, 2010 at 4:37 pm
  14. Patti

Re: Dr. Makary's comments: Given that this is simply a photograph, not an Xray, if the body is clothed you wouldn't see spinal bones through the fabric.

March 20, 2010 at 5:01 pm
  15. chasity

I don't see it at all and even if this is a skeleton who is to say its not some other man or woman that has died?

March 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm
  16. San Diego

Its been since October last year that this was found and is just making the news! I hope they find something out. While anybody should be able to travel anywhere they want, an 18 year old in that place is just reckless on all counts. I can only guess this is what broke up her family. But I can only guess. My parents would have never let me go there at that age, and they knew I was a "rough" enough dude to handle myself.......but they would not invite disaster. I pray for the vicems in this case. Vandersloot can rot for the rest of his life for this.

March 20, 2010 at 6:06 pm
  17. The Chester Flash

I don't think it's a human body. It looks more like shadows and is very similar to the photo of a human face on the moon which turned out to be only a mountainous structure. Secondly, it will be almost impossible to find the same location for verification. There are no signposts for positioning in the ocean. Also, there doesn't seem to be any weighting on the form. Without weights I don't think a body would stay on the bottom. I hope I am wrong but I don't believe this is the end to the mystery. Only van der Sloot knows and he keeps confusing the authorities.

March 20, 2010 at 6:21 pm
  18. Pat

So get out there and look...simple

March 20, 2010 at 6:24 pm
  19. sissy

why has law enforcement not sent divers there already?

March 20, 2010 at 6:27 pm
  20. Shannon

This is quite strange and hope this is Holloway's body. Closure would be helpful for this family.

March 20, 2010 at 6:33 pm
  21. Rob

I agree with Rachel as a parent this is my absolute worst night mare, I hope this provides closure for them. My prayers are with them....

March 20, 2010 at 6:42 pm
  22. cindy

I am STILL appauled at the fact that this "find" was put out in the media BEFORE it could be varified...before anyone checked to see if Aruba even knew about it. AND if the site had been secured!! Good gads....this is so important! I pray the site is now being protected and that Dave Holloway is down there and on top of it. We already know how dishonest the Aruban police are and I doubt the FBI flew down there in a heartbeat...which they should !!!!! I want this to be Natalee so bad...as does everyone else. Her poor parents have just been thru living hell.
    At least we can thank Nancy for calling Aruba...but now I hope the media will tone down until we know the site IS secured. If it is not, you can bet it is crawling with unauthorized people trying to get a look!!!

March 20, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  23. just me

it looks like a human skeleton , but where s the spinal cord? i think this is just piece of rocks , thay have to check that place and see if it`s really a skeleton or not .

March 20, 2010 at 7:20 pm
  24. The_Mick

This reminds me of the "face on Mars" picture which, when examined in detail, clearly did not resemble a face at all. The photo, which is displayed at abc.com, looks more cartoonish to me than skeletal remains.

March 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm
  25. OKE

I, too, hope it is Natalee. Maybe with a body someone will be prosecuted for murder. This is such an unbelievably strange case. Certainly looks like a coverup.

March 20, 2010 at 7:47 pm
  26. Fran

Why do these people need to broadcast their findings without first having the authorities hire divers to retrieve the skeleton? It's bad as it is to make issue without first having to i.d. the remains through DNA and then blasting this whole thing over the tube.

What if those are not the skeleton of Natalee? What then? While this is going on, there's always someone who can retrieve those remains incognito and poof! it disappears!

Rather than exposing their findings to the public FIRST, they should inform Natalee's family first and then take it to the proper authorities.

The media should be the very LAST to know. Until such time that the remains have been positively identified, it shouldn't even be made the " NEWS". Why put "hope" into hearts that may be broken all over again if it weren't Natalee?

PLEASE, don't create NEWS just to make the news. Get the facts first before putting it on the air. Otherwise, you'd all look like damn fools if the evidence proved otherwise.

March 20, 2010 at 7:52 pm
  27. Andrea

Don't you think the person taking the photo would have noticed a body? Personally, I believe it's rocks that appear to look like human remains.

March 20, 2010 at 8:07 pm
  28. Daniel

Whatever everyone is looking at looks just like the other rocks...I just don't see it.

March 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm
  29. Greg

Personally, I would lean (heavily) on Joran van der Sloot to find out the real answer as to what happened and where she is. The guy is changing his story to make himself seem less culpable. And let's face it, he is not going to be charged so the violation of his rights won't be an issue...at least the authorities or family would have a decent shot at finding her.

March 20, 2010 at 8:46 pm
  30. Amy

There could be several bodies on the floor of the ocean.. Why have they made this so public without first investigatin? Gives Natalee's parents false hopes..

March 20, 2010 at 9:05 pm
  31. joseph

i have to agree with rachel, but then i have to disagree. it would be nice for the family to have some closure. However looking at the picture it looks like they tied a hudge rock on her and dumped her in the ocean. i can't begin to imagine the fear and tourmant she went through dying like that...

March 20, 2010 at 9:07 pm
  32. Ken

What bothers me about this whole thing is that there is a possible body on the floor of the ocean and it's instantly assumed that it might belong to the beautiful blond American girl. Maybe, just maybe, it's the family member of someone else...

March 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm
  33. DavidL

Doesnt look like any skeleton I've ever seen. May a skull. The other stuff looks like a bunch of rocks.

March 20, 2010 at 9:19 pm
  34. Patti

Why don't the autorities in Aruba or the Netherlands finally to something about Van der Sloot? He's been admitting he knows about what happened to Natalee Holloway. Also, what about his buddies that were with Van der Sloot that awful night? Get a hold of them too and put them and in front of a bright light with their hands and feet tired to a chair in a dark room and I bet they'll give a lot of info.

March 20, 2010 at 9:30 pm
  35. Bridget

Me too Rachel. I hope it is that of Natalee and that Joran gets what he deserves! God Never sleeps and he does answer prayers.

March 20, 2010 at 9:39 pm
  36. cherishamber

I do too, this is a horrific tragedy and it needs to be investigated further. Maybe the FBI can determine what really happened and arrest somebody for this. Afterwards Natalee can rest in peace and her parents will know what happened.

March 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm
  37. Tammy

Wow! It's hard to believe it could all be coming to closure for Natalie's family but thats exactly what it looks like! I do believe these are quite possibly her remains. I must say however, I don't trust the Aruban police to tell the truth, in their findings. If they say it isn't her, I can't believe that.... You can even see the fingers, and I agree with one observer that it looks as if something on top of the body could be some type of weight. The mouth and even teeth appear to be visible. God bless that family for all they have been through. PLEASE re- issue a plea for all travelers to choose another destination until this case is solved. Sad to say, but considering their whole livelyhood depends on tourists, I firmly believe it will be the only thing that will force them to bring closure to this case. We need to unite and remain so until her family can bring her home!

March 20, 2010 at 10:38 pm
  38. shae

Certainly looks like a body to me. On the far left side of the photo there is what appears to me to be a pelvis. You can also make out the skull, jaw and teeth. This is NOT a rock formation, this is someone's remains. The photo isn't of excellent quality but any "expert" in search and rescue should be able to see the human skeleton in that photo. The quality is, after all, much better than most underwater cameras and sonars. Any searcher accustomed to looking at underwater sonar and camera images should be certain that there is a body on the ocean floor in Aruba.

March 20, 2010 at 11:15 pm
  39. Tina C

Well said Rachel. My thoughts as well. Thoughts and love to the parents and family.

March 21, 2010 at 1:26 am
  40. chitownlady

Why have they been dragging their feet? This was found in OCTOBER for god sakes. Wheter or not its actually a skeleton, it should have been checked out sooner. Please, let this family get so peace. Will someone please go out there and see what this is. ASAP! Stop the pussyfooting and JUST DO IT! Sweet Jesus. Sad rality, once you get the "proper authorities" invloved the feet dragging starts.......So So sad......Maybe the family needs to hire PRIVATE DIVERS.....to do the job of the POLICE.....The cops in Aruba screwed up this case from the start! Total bunch of morons....

March 21, 2010 at 8:37 am
  41. Becky L

WOW! It's pretty convincing when you look at that photo. For the sake of her parents, I pray it is her. At least they could finally have a funeral & put her to rest so they can let themselves begin the grieving process. I can't imagine the anguish of knowing she's probably dead, but not having the proof to prove otherwise.

March 21, 2010 at 9:14 am
  42. Tia Bia

It would be unfortuanate if it is in fact Natalie Hollaway, but I would also be good/bad news...either way I hope this family get some closure soon..

March 21, 2010 at 11:32 am
  43. Tia

I would be unfortuanate if this happens to be Natalie Hollaway...but it would also be some news of relief that way her family could get some closure although it will not take the pain away...sad situation...I am so afraid to bring kids into this world...but good will prevail in the end keep hope alive!!

March 21, 2010 at 11:34 am
  44. marlene

ii read that you would have to weigh down a body with rocks 3 times the body weight to keeep someone down. That from a story from forenics were very much involved

March 21, 2010 at 1:24 pm
  45. Cathy Walker

Dear Nancy Grace~ I am a diver and from what I have read those snakes do not exist in the Caribbean. But it would be nice if her she could be found.

March 21, 2010 at 4:42 pm
  46. HWB

First, I wish nothing but peace to Natalee's parents. I recently traveled to Aruba and the people and island are phenomenal. I hope Americans' do not judge Aruba for a very sad case about a totally drunk and drugged out girl- of which we are only getting half the story...this happens everyday in multiple states throughout the U.S. Between Range Rovers, private jets, Venezuela, drugs, alcohol, idiot Joran, insurance policies etc. we don't know the truth. Perhaps we should focus on the many children and families who lose children due to murder and kidnapping on our own soil? Natalee gets more press coverage than any other crime in the U.S. and Aruba has ONE case and gets a bad wrap...come on people- it is easy to point the finger at another country. The USA has a ton of work to do and lets stop acting like we are perfect and realize how many young and beautiful children get hurt everyday...we just don't want to admit it and live in our little homes and be blind to what is next door. It is so much easier...isn't it??? Nancy does a great job to bring cases to light but people don't like to hear about crime in their own backyard for more than a short time period- unfortunately, it is here and time to wake up America.

March 21, 2010 at 9:11 pm
  47. Julie

I turn on my television and channel surf to CNN and there you are. At first I am entrigued by the story then as the minutes tic by my skin begins to crawl. Suddenly I realize why.....your not genuine. I mean you talk a good game but the majority of your outrage falls flat. Then a sinking feeling sets into my stomach and I realize I have to change the channel....your using child death and abuse as well as parental misfortune in order to popularize your show. I'm sure if you read this your outrage at that time will be truthful perhaps you can use that on your next show...I won't know I won't be watching.

March 22, 2010 at 12:30 am
  48. rachele

I wiish authorities could get out there already and figure it out. Her poor family– I cannot imagine what it would feel like to lose a loved one this way. That poor girl.

March 22, 2010 at 3:28 am
  49. Whitney

I am very very hopeful that this is Natalee, however I am trying not to get my hopes up.I live not very far from Natalee's hometown. I have kept up with this investigation from day 1! The first thing I want to say is that, there has not been enough done on the Aruban side! They have been covering things up from the get go. I agree with Tammy that we should re-issue a plea for travelers to not go there! Why would any of us want to go somewhere like that!?!? Also I am very dissapointed in our officals, if they got this picture in October of last year, why is it just now being give to Aruban officals? I have looked at the picture many times and at times I see what looks like a skull and maybe other features, bit others I am not sure of what I see.I hope for the families sake that it is her since the media has made such a big deal about it and has even suggested that it maybe her. I really wish they would have kept it from the media and just went underwater and got them, done dna testing and whatever other forensics they could to be certain, first. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Natalee, may this be the answer you have been looking for!

March 22, 2010 at 8:19 am
  50. Lisa

Sorry, but that is just a group of rocks and a lot of wishful thinking. Also, I doubt Joran knows where she is . I suspect his father disposed of Natalee's body and kept that information to himself. If you haven't already noticed Joran is too big of a knucklehead to have arranged that or to have been trusted with that information. It's obvious that the father was the mastermind after the event and now he's gone to the grave with that knowledge.

March 22, 2010 at 8:20 am
  51. Jenn

Fran and others – In other news articles, it stated that the couple had contacted local police and the FBI several times about their picture, but could not get anyone to follow up with them. When they failed to get responses, they turned to the media as a last resort to get some kind of action.

Unfortunately, I really don't believe it's a body.. but hopefully it will cause a little panic in the SOB who dumped Natalie's body and stir some real answers up.

March 22, 2010 at 8:32 am
  52. Amy

Oh...gosh. All these terrible stories. Makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with people, doesn't it? All this violence and murder. Sometimes I just wanna get away and curl up with my favorite book The Truth About Wicca and Witchcraft-Finding Your True Power by James Aten. If only everyone could follow the path of peace.

March 22, 2010 at 10:30 am
  53. BETTY S.

i can't believe they did'nt arrest Van der Sloot when he admited what happened on that beach. what kind of laws do they have over there? because if that happened here in U.S he would be locked up. i pray her family gets some kind of closure. i could'nt imagine if that were my daughter.

March 22, 2010 at 11:53 am
  54. Jam

I have a few things.. Let's just say that this is Holloway. VDS could have had someone remove this prior to US getting down there to investigate. I also do not believe that Aruba would be honest if they thought this was Holloway. They have covered things up from day one, and I think they will continue to do so to save face. I think if they really wanted to pick back up international tourism they would find the body of Hollloaway and arest VDS. This would show they have some deal of integrity. Otherwise, most will not travel there becuase they will feel that dangers exist and Aruba will do nothing but overlook any crime committed there.

March 22, 2010 at 1:23 pm
  55. Stacy

I don't get why they haven't already been out there searching for this, it is worth a dive and to just check and see. Instead they just keep talking about whether if it is human remains or not. Go find out, and hurry up about it. This Jordan guy is getting away with murder because of his well to do dead father and the fact that Aruba screwed up this whole investigation from the beginning. They don't care about Natalee and her family never have..it is truly sad. I hope someone gets out there, gets these remains and finds out whether if it could be Natalee or not. Get on with it already.....

March 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm
  56. DOROTHY BROWN

I really hope that this is her. I have followed this story and I hope that the one that killed her gets what he deserves.

March 22, 2010 at 4:20 pm
  57. renee

Our justice system is corupted. Joran has confessed at least 3 times. I smoke pot, it sure doesnt make you say things that
    arent true!. blame the pot?. He belongs behind bars for life.
    He has no remorse. He is nothing but a lying player.
    Put him in jail!..and let him pay for killing such a beautiful,
    young girl that had her whole life ahead of her.

March 22, 2010 at 5:05 pm
  58. Tracey

They are talking about not seeing a spinal court. When I look at this picture, it looks as though a large rock is laying on top of the chest area with the arms wrapped around it. Am I seeing this incorrectly? If the body was "weighted down" perhaps that is why there has been limited "scattering" of body parts that everyone keeps talking about. Either way, I pray this is Natalie. Her family needs closure.

March 22, 2010 at 6:53 pm
  59. Renita

I can see what looks like a skull and this may be Natalie Holloway but unfortunately the photo was given to investigators months ago and they never followed up on it, not to mention the Aruban police, detectives, etc. cannot be trusted. I hope the remains are still there considering the length of time they have been under the water. There is no telling what could have happened to the remains with so much time passing. This has definitely been a cover up from day one, and to make matters worse Vandersloot continues to tell stories of what he has done to Natalie, and nothing is being done about this A#$ hole. He is not remorsefull, and the Aruban authorities are saying that he is lying. They act as if they dont want him to be held accountable.

March 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm
  60. wanda

you can not see the spinal cord because she has on a shirt. remember its a disposal camera not x-ray vision.

March 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm
  61. johnny

In the Natale Holloway case; are Oceans not International waters, and if so what would prohibit a Naval ship and Navy dive teams from perusing the area? As a former sailor I would be proud of the worlds finest Navy to get involved.

March 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm
  62. Louis

If indeed this is a body that could be Natalee Holloway, it bothers me that Aruba is using their police dive team and not asking for assistance from professionals, such as the US FBI or other well known teams. What would prevent them from finding 'something', removing it and then saying they found nothing.

March 22, 2010 at 7:25 pm
  63. Jill

Who's idea, trom the US, was it to have ARUBAN AUTHORITIES find this possible body?????? Jeeeezzzzz...well, if it is, WE won't ever know for sure. DUH!

March 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  64. Joe

How is it possible after 3 hurricanes with bad weather that there is still a skeleton down there. You are full of it I dive that site every week and there is no body down there for your information. If you are a diver why don't you come and find out for your self. What is down there is brain corral. You have to stop speculating and trying to defame ARUBA. And I am not the only one that dives there. Every day 100's of tourists dive on that same wreck. And as the gentleman from Eque Search said
    that it is impossible after 3 hurricanes. So if you want tell your 10 minutes of fame seekers to go do it some were else. And you should go solve other problems in you own country. What you should do is clean up the mess in your country first, before you want to solve other people country. So take a hike

March 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  65. angel m

Has anyone even bothered to check out if these people with these
    pictures are legit or credible? What if there just looking for pub like alot of other people? What does Natelies family think. This better not be a hoax. Why are you not talking about the poor family who have to watch and hear about this.

March 22, 2010 at 7:28 pm
  66. brenda bradley

I wonder if a weight was put on Natalie and was she wrapped with tape or something similar? Tape was found on the beach. That may have kept her body intact and stationary longer?

March 22, 2010 at 7:41 pm
  67. Jackie

I hope Aruba takes this seriously and tries to make things right. I wouldn't send anyone I cared about, over to a place where their justice system is so obviously flawed.

March 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm
  68. Joyce

Nancy,

It's NOT only what's wrong with Aruba's authorities, but what is WRONG with all the American tourists & tourists' dollars in Aruba?

Americans should BOYCOTT Aruba in support of Natalee & the Halloway's until this horrible crime has been solved even if there was a cover up!

March 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm
  69. rudy

Once again you should do more research before broadcasting something. The site the couple describes is less than 500 yrds off shore. It is the mos visited wreck in the entire caribbean. It ranges from 30 to 50 feet deep and is visited daily by at least 5 different dive boats packed with divers. Besides that there is a semi submarine that hangs over the site all day loaded with tourists. On top of that there are at least 8 sailing vessels with 50 or more snorkelers every morning and every afternoon at the same site. And now someone has pictures but all those thousands of people that dove there since haven't seen anything. Also let's not forget that your prestigious FBI received the pictures and did absolutely nothing with them. That is why the couple that took them contacted the media. Remember that "poor poor boy" trapped in the balloon? Everyone was sure the kid was there and it was an accident.....

March 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm
  70. RJ

Give me a break people! What makes you think for a second that the head of the deceased would still be attached to the body???? After all these years, in the salt weater, with fish that would pick it clean????

March 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm
  71. RJ

Science shows that a body left in the ocean like that for this long would not stay intact and would fall apart. The skeletal parts would be scattered and not in the same area. Just a bad photo.

March 22, 2010 at 8:00 pm
  72. MFL(:

For the sake of her parents, I hope it's Natalee. Like people are saying, it'll be closure for her family. Of course there are the possibility of it not being human remains, or it is someone else but the coincidence that it could be human remains, in Aruba where she disappeared is way to coincidental. It could be another persons body other than Natalee, but who else has gone missing? I'm sure they would take into consideration of the other missing people in Aruba, but the fact that it's been 5 years and there is something that could possibly be human remains, doesn't mean you should rule out that it's NOT Natalee. Lets hope something good comes out of this for the sake of her parents, and Natalee herself. God bless the Holloway family, you're in my prayers.

March 22, 2010 at 8:03 pm
  73. MFL(:

For the sake of her parents, I hope it's Natalee. Like people are saying, it'll be closure for her family. Of course there are the possibility of it not being human remains, or it is someone else but the coincidence that it could be human remains, in Aruba where she disappeared is way to coincidental. It could be another persons body other than Natalee, but who else has gone missing? I'm sure they would take into consideration of the other missing people in Aruba, but the fact that it's been 5 years and there is something that could possibly be human remains, doesn't mean you should rule out that it's Natalee. Lets hope something good comes out of this for the sake of her parents, and Natalee herself. God bless the Holloway family, you're in my prayers.

^My bad, I didn't mean when I say "rule out that its NOT Natalee" I meant rule out that it could be Natalee.

March 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm
  74. MFL(:

And also, I just BEG Aruban investigators to get all over this NOW. It is ridiculous they have paid NO attention to this case in the first place. They aren't to be trusted one bit. I'm sure if they actually took into consideration what that nasty Joran Vandersloot kid said they would've had at least SOME evidence of what happened to poor Natalee. I can't imagine what she went through if those are her remains..And you know, you would think the woman would've noticed the remains, yeah but also when your taking pictures at the bottom of the ocean, I'm sure she didn't even look at it as humans remains. It is so easy to miss the most obvious things. How long do you think Stacey Peterson's body was in that lake or pond until somebody noticed it? How many people do you think were at that lake but didn't even think that the body of Stacey Peterson was in there? It may seem like a hard thing to miss, but give the tourists some credit, whether is Natalee or not, and if they are human remains, they might be giving closure to any family out there. Lets just hope it'll be closure for the Holloway family, and have it end this terrible pain they go through everyday. They deserve all the closure they can get.

March 22, 2010 at 8:16 pm
  75. Adonna

I have been going to he islands for years and I want to know why the U.S. has not put a halt on Americans from going to Aruba until something is done and we get some cooperation. Knowing the islands, put a stop to the tourists and you will get cooperation, believe me.

March 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm
  76. Karen L

NOW THAT HIS DADDY IS DEAD AND JORAN HAS NO SUPPORT, PROTECTION, OR ADVICE COMING FROM HIS SHADY ARUBA DADDYJUDGE, -JORAN COULD BE SQUEEZED AND BROKEN IF THE COPS WOULD DO THEIR JOBS AND HOUND HIM RELENTLESSLY. SIC EM AND MAKE HIM PAY!

March 22, 2010 at 9:44 pm
  77. brenda bradley

I do not understand why the United States of America cannot work with the Aruba authorities in search of the possible human remains at sea.An American girl on vacation went missing in Aruba. Not to be seen or heard alive again. The last boy with her that last night has repeatedly confessed to her demise. Many different stories but all leading to her death. They should be checking out every lead and offering our expertise in many areas of this mystery. If, it were reversed and some little girl from Aruba went missing say at Clearwater Beach Florida, we the United states would look for the child until she was found. No matter who was at fault. Vacation spot or whatever, money is never more important then a child's life. Under no circumstance. Natalee is an American missing in Aruba. We have to right t try and find that little girl and bring her home to her family dead or alive. She is an American. She needs to come home to her parents and country of birth. Period.She did not cause her own death someone took her life.That someone needs to speak up, tell the truth and pay the price. Do the right human thing.

March 22, 2010 at 9:55 pm
  78. Li'l Al

Nancy could you put up a large, full screen picture of the possible skeleton? Its very hard to decide if its real from the ones I've seen. Thank you.

March 22, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  79. Lisa Robinson

Hopefully they find out if this photo is real remains or shadows on the ocean surface.
    Aruba should be happy to solve this mystery. Good news or bad, the truth needs to come out. their economy will depend on it, eventually.

Question: Would the sand on the ocean floor be able to cover and uncover these remains by the movement of the ocean?

March 22, 2010 at 10:00 pm
  80. max acosta

Alerting aruban authorities to the location of a possible body might have been a big mistake. they might not want any of this to "come to the surface" so to speak. once they find the body they will just get rid of it so they don't have to deal with this anymore. american dive teams should have secretly recovered her. they should have only told the parents. what do you think?

March 22, 2010 at 10:06 pm
  81. fisher

I want this to be natalie remains and that joran needs to be put away for the muder of natalie holloway. And that poor mom i have a 18 year old . I can not imagine what that poor family have gone threw all these years. They should of put joran a way in jail and left him there to start . And aruba mess up to start with when this first happen.

March 22, 2010 at 10:20 pm
  82. Elizabeth Beard

Nancy, two comments/thoughts. First, I believe that Dave Holloway has it right when he says that there is a dangerous, drug-ridden underside to Aruba and that these three men – Joran and the Kalpoe brothers – are among those residents who prey on young, American tourists. This is likley not the first time these hoodlums have drugged a pretty girl and gangraped and/or brutalized her.

Secondly, while I am praying that we find Natalee and bring her home, I wonder why Joran would have put her body in a part of the vast ocean where tourists are taken to dive or snorkel. Wouldn't he want to put her somewhere where no one is likely to encounter her remains?

March 22, 2010 at 10:29 pm
  83. Li'l Al

Is it possible something was put on top of her to sink her and hold her down. It looks to me as though there is something on top of her chest area and stomach area. I can see the fingers of the left hand. I see the head, and what looks possibly like the two legs. I don't mean to sound so impersonal saying "the" but I don't want to say Natalie in case it isn't, but secretly I hope it is as this would finally give her parents peace to know where she is. I buried a son, and the only thing I can think of that would be worse is not knowing where he is. My heart really goes out to her parents, friends and complete family. God bless all of you.

March 22, 2010 at 10:29 pm
  84. karyn monroe

Hi Nancy,

Like hollywood say's lets cut to the chase, Joran has always made the comment a very good friend with a boat helped him take the body out to sea that night and he will never reveal who this person is as much as he loves to blab, in my mind without a doubt that person was his father, his father exercised all measures to protect his young son who had his whole future ahead of him. The father owned a boat.

Sincerely Karyn in Las Vegas

March 22, 2010 at 11:00 pm
  85. racquel

If we can ivade Iraq without permission why can't we invade a small carribean Island??

March 23, 2010 at 12:32 am
  86. Nancy (not Nancy Grace)

It would seem to me after all this time that there would be moss and or sea weed over any remains thus not as identifiable as some of you see. I did see a picture in a video that kind of had the shapes you are talking about but I don't see what the rest of you are seeing. I can see what you are probably saying is the skull but from there what would be the legs does not appear to be as small as bones but huge more like an inflated garment.

I'm also hoping it's Natalee but many people are lost overboard each year never to be found....just don't know if any were in that area but is possible since the lady who took the photo was on a cruise.

As for speculation that Natalee's folks got a divorce after the tragedy. They were already divorced but her mother did get a divorce from Natalee's step father since then. Both men seemed so nice but I thought looked very much alike in appearance and I got them mixed up sometimes.

March 23, 2010 at 12:53 am
  87. Debbie

I hop and pray that the picture that was taken is the remains of Natalie. At least her family will have that much closure; hopefully then they will get justice as to who did such a horrible thing to such a bright and beautiful young girl who had her whole life ahead of her. My prayers continue going out to Natalie's family. I just don't understand the laws in Aruba; the boy has admitted to getting rid of her body; now he just needs to tell what he actually did to her. Give the family what they deserve and that is peace of mind.

March 23, 2010 at 12:53 am
  88. Marilyn M

Early in the "investigation" Beth Twitty has said that the police asked her if Nataliee had "seizures". That right there tells me the authorities knew from the beginning the truth. That is what Van der Sloot described in the Devries video. Terrible terrible cover-up !!

March 23, 2010 at 12:54 am
  89. hans

First of all: The Aruban police is not a well trained organisation. The detectives don't have any experience, considering the mistakes they made interrogating Joran van der Sloot. They are corrupt, and maybe there've been a lot of money involved letting Van der Sloot go free.
    Secondly: Van der Sloot's father (unfortunately died a few month ago) was a fortunate judge and had a clear sight in the jurisdiction at Aruba. He probably provided his son with tips that kept him away from the long arm of the law. This young man is a lyer and a speculator and a psycho. He's a suspect of trafficking Thai girls, theft from a "friend". Hopefully for justice the maybe discovered body is Natalee's. That would put Van der Sloot behand bars for a long, long time. I wish everybody the outcome they hope for.

March 23, 2010 at 1:04 am
  90. Annie Bert

Where was Van der Sloot at the time the information was released about the body maybe off shore and what was there to keep him or his friends from removing it before the authorities could check it out , what the divers had seen which would not be a problem if he is the one that placed it there?

March 23, 2010 at 1:09 am
  91. Jack

As others have mentioned, this fits the classic "Face on Mars" phenomenon of people seeking out human forms in rocks, fungus, etc.

The presumption of a corpse in this photo seems rather unsophisticated. There are many cases of objects viewed later in 2-dimensional photos that never caught the eye when seen in real life (3-D). It happens a lot with Bigfoot and UFO photos, i.e. dark rocks and airplane lights taken out of context.

It's usually chance alignments that would have looked different from other camera angles. If someone was that close to the real thing they'd probably notice without a camera's help.

March 23, 2010 at 2:42 am
  92. fallon

natalee will be found and i hope the best to the family.

March 23, 2010 at 2:43 am
  93. fallon

natalee will be found and i hope the best to the family. keep faith were all praying

March 23, 2010 at 2:44 am
  94. theone

on the right side of the picture it also looks like the tail of a lizzard.

March 23, 2010 at 3:01 am
  95. Irene

I've done alot of arrowhead hunting in the water and rocks can end up looking like all sorts of amazing things. I really hope this is Natalie, the problem is, if it is, whoever put her there surely got in there and removed her skeleton as quickly and secretly as the people who disposed of Natalie. The search should have been privately done before this news came out. Lots of love to Natalies family. Can't imagine going through this heartbreak. I've lived with an abusive man and they can get away with alot of things and the authorities will also believe them or protect them if they are brought up with these people, like family, and spend their whole life practicing lies. Thanks for all your hard work trying to solve this.

March 23, 2010 at 3:02 am
  96. Judy

Who knows until divers find the exact spot. If it is Natalee may she rest in peace and her family have some sort of closure. I don't expect Aruba police or their government to do anything at all. If it was an accident WHY doesn't vandersloot come forth and get things settled? Know why? Because I think he killed her or possibly all 3 of them did.
    Or did they dope her up and she died from overdose? Could be a number of things. Too bad she didn't stay with another friend throughout the night to watch her back. But the past is the past.

March 23, 2010 at 6:38 am
  97. Elly

I so agree with some of the others - this is not a human body. And why broadcast this all over the air until it is known for sure. How awful for the parents of this woman to keep hearing this rehashed and rehashed for hour after hour. Let the authorities do their job. The couple that took the picture should have done things quite differently instead of looking for their five minutes of fame. I too cannot believe that parents actually allow 17 & 18 year old kids to go on a trip like this with very few chaperones. These kids - all underage in this country - were drinking heavily that week in Aruba and those couple of 'chaperones' and I use that word loosly cuz they definitely were not chaperoning, knew it. I've read report after report from this woman's friends that she was laying on the bar and having this young man drink shots from her navel. Nice behavior! And parents then wonder why these things happen? Isn't it bad enough that we have college kids drinking it up on the beaches in Florida during Spring Break?

March 23, 2010 at 9:34 am
  98. Anthony J Palazola (CEO TURKFIREARMS.CORP)

Wake you southern woman haters. Is her. Make the mother get that skinny, stinkball Jon assface pig. Tie his hands behind his back with masking tape(he good tape, not paper, the kind for heating pipes.) so back to what I want done to Jonhand pig. I'll send her my sharp as a razor push button switchblade knifle, start with his eyes first cut them out, then his ears, then nose, then, everything below his belt. then ask Jonhand pig, if he wants them fried or eaten raw with duck sause. I promise the mother he won't hurt anyone else.Mom, I'll send you a video on how to cut his head off. He may yell, but if everyone is like me. They will not care.
    The marines, secret service , Navy seals should have bought Jonhand pig to my house, I'll show the mother how to deal with him.
    Korean War Hero

March 23, 2010 at 9:46 am
  99. Becky

While my heart goes out to Holloway family and do pray that they will get some answers and their nightmare will end.....I too have a cousin that went missing in Aruba in 1999. He was 39 years old. He did not receive the media attention that Natalee did, and still does, but that does not make it any less real for me and my family. So I hope and pray that if this finding does turn out to be, in fact, skeletal remains, they turn out to be that of my cousin so our family can put our 11 year nightmare behind us and have some closure.

I want to thank Ken for giving mention to the possibility of other families. If you research missing people, (Americans) in Arube.... like us, there are other families that are going through this heartbreak as well.

March 23, 2010 at 9:51 am
  100. carl

So,,,What are they waiting for..???...Take the bones out of the water and check the DNA...and whatever evidence they find for a positive..ID...

March 23, 2010 at 11:00 am
  101. carl

I understand that the Divers took many underwater photo's..It seem to me that with many photo,s ..that its like a bunch of sign posts that will lead them to the bones in subject

March 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
  102. Richard Feaser

If this "suspect" has made numerous confessions to particular details about this case, why is he still out walking aoround?

March 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm
  103. jujumn

I hope it is Natalie, so her parents can bring her home where she belongs. My heart aches for them for their loss, and for the agony they live with not knowing where she is, not being able to bury her.
    I too wonder why the press was notified of this before it could be investigated. In the first place are the Aruban police/officials trustworthy enough to go and dive for for confirmation of what the pictures show? They haven't really burned up the place getting any resolution so far. Also, I believe it needlessly gets hopes up that this is Natalie and there will be resolution. It could very well be her, but I question whether they will be able to find it, as there's no location marked. Being a scuba diver myself, I know how easily you drift when snorkling or diving, and just being near a wreck (of which there are several) may not be sufficient information for them to find it. And, if it's an entirely Aruban dive group how do we know that they will acknowledge it even if they find her? They coddled van der Sloot during the investigation due to his father's position, who's to say they won't continue to do so. His father is gone now, but they may help the kid out due respect for the dad, or just to cover up their own botched investigation...

March 23, 2010 at 3:08 pm
  104. underwater photo guy

There IS a photo. No one has verified yet what it is. The Muldowneys say they didn't even know what they were photographing. I have been taking photographs underwater for over 35 years. The picture is such poor quality there is no way of knowing what it is. This Nancy Grace person has no idea what she's talking about.
    The only thing all this media hype has accomplished in this case is attemptiing trying to ruin the economy of a little island and giving her family false hope.

March 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm
  105. kea stacey

i hope this is her body so her parents can have closure they have been through so much. And if it is not her body i hope her parents will continue to fight . i know i t might hurt but they got to keep fighting and go after every lead that boy is going to slip up soon i hope he rot in jail when they do get him

March 23, 2010 at 4:27 pm
  106. Sheila

Perhaps if there was a public appeal for any photos taken from that boat or area on that date, which may show the surrounding landscape to pinpoint the skeleton.

March 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm
  107. Sheila

Google Maps has some really good close ups of the ocean around where the skeleton is laying. Matching up rock formation would help to narrow the search. Also appealing to the public for anyone else who took photos that day, whereas the photos could be used to guess the position of the tourist boat in relation to landmarks.

March 23, 2010 at 5:35 pm
  108. Lucy H

I agree, thank God for Nancy who is willing to go all these extra miles for victims and their families. We all need to pray that Natalee will be found and that her parents will find some kind of peace. God bless you Nancy.

March 23, 2010 at 6:46 pm
  109. Lucy

Did I miss it or has anyone else asked if dental records would be of any use if a skeleton has been submerged for as long as Natalee has beem missing??

March 23, 2010 at 7:24 pm
  110. Corinna

After seeing the photo of what appears to be a skeleton, one thing pops up at me as well, it looks like there is something the skeleton is holding on to. Does anyone else see that? Is there a way to inhance the photo to make any visual identifications such as if there is any jewelry on the skeleton that would be identified as what Holloway wore?

March 23, 2010 at 9:12 pm
  111. Diane Manley

The Country of Aruba will thoroughly investigate this possibility, or I will never spend another dime there.

March 23, 2010 at 10:33 pm
  112. Joni Dewey

I can see the body plain as day.. I can see the rib cage and spinal cord. I can even see the under garments... bra, if that is her ... Natalie was wearing that night. Looks like a long sleeve , light weight shirt. from what appears to be a skull on the torso of the body. Can anyone remember what the print on her was like ?
    To me the body seems to be lying flat on the stomach with arms possibly tied behind the back...
    Take an even deeper look at the picture to the right I can see several water spirits ... possibly others lost at sea.. I see at least seven. I hope that others can see what I am seeing,
    Get the next boat out there and bring the princess home. It's time for her to RIP.It's time for the Holloways to have closure on this nightmare. It's time for Joran to pay dearly for this crime.

March 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm
  113. RS

I think that the News People should have contacted Natalies Family first,it is only in theryre best interest that they should be notified at First ,before the Media starts to say anything,like they said it could also be of someone else,so why go and say anything ,if they dont even know whos body it is,it is wrong,they should of waited and do some investigating first,thats what they should of done First.

March 24, 2010 at 12:52 am
  114. Me

The only area where pleasure boats stop can stop to let visitors swim or snorkle is called " Boca Cathalina " This is where the Ship Wreck is located and different kinds of diving or snorkle locations. These boats are located from the Palm Beach till The Arashi Beach.

March 24, 2010 at 5:17 am
  115. Jacky Diamond

All these woman who disappear while they are out drinking. She left with 3 strange men by herself. This is the case here. Why didn't her friends stop her? It is a shame.

March 24, 2010 at 5:24 am
  116. cheryl

this is a body. how in the world can thy not see this? I looked on internet u can see finger prints, eye prints hand. how in the world can thy think this is rocks? its plain as day Nancy.

March 24, 2010 at 8:58 am
  117. connie ingle

if you look real good at that photo YOU will see a cross near her body and that means that God is bringing about justice in this case!
    and van der sloot will be facing more than just his peers – he will be
    facing God's eternal fire for this hideous crime!

praise God for his faithfulness, no matter how long it took – HE always takes care of his business in the end....

connie – charlotte, north carolina

March 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm
  118. Heathro

Shea,

I agree with you. I can see a pelvis, skull, jaw, and teeth.

Reminder – Natalie has been missing for years so it is possible that parts of this body are covered by sand or rocks.

Thought are always with her family. GB

March 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm
  119. Debbi

I have been diving at this German shipwreck location for about 20 years. The guest the other night was 100% wrong. This is NOT 15 feet deep. This shipwreck is located between 80 – 90 feet below the surface. If anyone checked the information on the various websites listing this dive site they would know this. And to say that the people of Aruba don't care about solving this case is another lie. My firends, who are police officers in Aruba have and still do try to find clues and FACTS to this case that will put Joran in jail for good. This is NOT America and our laws DO NOT APPLY. I believe, as secretly do my police friends, that because Joran's father was a judge and the old government was a little more than unethical, that they ignored certain facts. The people of Aruba are wonderful people. The crime there is limited – unlike here in the States where there are thousands of murders, kidnappings, rapes and other violent crimes every day 24/7. There are NO gangs killing the children of Aruba in gang fights over cocaine or guns like we have. Anyone who says to boycott Aruba should look at our own big cities first. Since there are murders in New York City or Miami or San Francisco they should boycott these locations as well. Why don't you actually talk to people who have been visiting Aruba before, during and after this sad case before you comdem the people of the entire country? If not, then you should condem the United States of America as an unsafe place to live and visit

March 24, 2010 at 4:18 pm
  120. dwighthuth

There are many factors invovled with the images either being a skeleton or not. If the clothes are intact then the bones might be held in place longer then if she didn't have any clothes on. One good way of determing this would be for the FBI to ask her parents what types of clothes she liked to wear on vacation, everyone has favorite clothes they like to wear. The maker of the clothes would then be contacted to find out what type of material, chemicals and what type sew or sewing process was used and how each would interact with salt water at the depth the skeleton was found. Believe it or not all of these factors would determine the ability of clothes that she was wearing that night to keep their form and ability to remain intake. Also there should be several marine biologists sent to the area to examine the local sea creatures. What they would be looking for are fish, snails eels ect that would feed off of dead or rotting flesh. This information would give investigators even more clues on wether or not Natalee's body would be able to remain that long under water and be in take as it appears in the picture. You never know maybe that rock that appears to be on her chest is actually a rock used by Joran and the Kapoles brothers to weigh her down so she would drown. We won't know until the location is searched and removed. If the Aruban authorities try to block the search it might because Joran placed the body there knowing that because it was a historical landmark or tourist attraction that there would be laws protecting anything beng removed from any type of historical or tourist site. How convienant to hide a body in place like this.

March 24, 2010 at 5:03 pm
  121. Donna Ransom

I am tired of these aruban officials botching everything up. Can't Tim from Equisearch go back to Aruba? He would find her body and let this family have some closure once and for all.

March 24, 2010 at 6:29 pm
  122. Cory

OMG they just called off the search for the possible skelton, what is wrong with Abura police.....

March 24, 2010 at 7:32 pm
  123. Patrick

I was at Nancy Grace webpage and they called off the Search for Natalee Holloway the Divers unable to locate evidence.i Think they should have the FBI help with looking and reopen the search..

March 24, 2010 at 8:39 pm
  124. Jackie

What a shock, the Arubans cancelled the search after a few days. With a landmark even a gamer could easily find, it's a huge freaking sub! My feelings go out to Natalee's parents, I'm beyond angry about this. It's so pathetic of Aruba.

March 24, 2010 at 9:44 pm
  125. Terri

I am a fan of Nancy Grace and including a fan on her facebook page. Nancy must look at my facebook page to see the "skeleton" Aruba picture! I did variations using Adobe, without adding anything to it, or deleting anything from the picture.
    Please tell Nancy to go to my facebook page and look at the picture, and then click on it to make it larger, S.T.A.T.
    I need her to see the picture with different lighting.
    Thank You!
    Here's my facebook link:

March 24, 2010 at 11:23 pm
  126. Kimberly

I really hope the Aruban authority's will do this investegation and not say well there just isn't enough evidence to search for the skeleton. They are such SLACKERS! We need to find Natalee for Beth and the rest of the family, so they can finally have closure on this horrific crime. OH and so that Joran Van der Sloot can ROT in Jail!!!

March 24, 2010 at 11:55 pm
  127. Kathy

I am praying that if this is Natile that someone somewhere will do something and that the country of Auruba is forced to so what they should have done a long time ago which is prosecute Vandersloot.

I still can not belive even after that taped confession of him teling what he and the other person did with Natile that he has been allowed to keep on going free. It just does not make sense to me and something has always seemed very wrong about this to me like as if it is a cover up somehow?

Nobody knows for sure but one thing is certain Vnadersloot definitely had some part in it in my opinion.

I hope this is her remains so the family can get closure but if not I pray someone will help her family until they do find Natile.

March 25, 2010 at 2:57 am
  128. mrs.white

I think that she is so dump to in a place like that with boys

March 25, 2010 at 6:11 am
  129. joann

WHY NOT GET THE USA INTO FINDING BODY,AND PUT THIS GUY AND HIS BUDDIES IN JAIL FOR LIFE OR WHATEVER!!!!!!!

March 25, 2010 at 8:39 am
  130. Pam

I see where some of you are coming from, not seeing the whole skeleton past the head. I have seen the Nancy Grace show about it, and respected the doctors' opinions about it. The thing that bothers me is that, like others have said, why did people wait from November until now to let the Holloway family know?
    No, I am not psychic but when I took another look, I had a feeling that this IS her. Now, since Aruban divers have called off the search, Dave Hollaway needs to grab those people who took the picture and a dive team and get down to Aruba ASAP!!!

March 25, 2010 at 9:41 am
  131. C. May

there is a few things that are visible, not only as a body but there is a real snake crawling; there is a photo image of light that appears as a snake (remeber the sweat lodge mayhaim in Arizona?!) and THERE is a faint image of a cross....
    God has brought judgment to sloot's own father, and HE will bring justice to this case – but HE alone will do it! there is no doors that the Lord can't open – and aruba ain't no different before the heaven's throne! that country need to take heed from the storm's of this day:
    God is coming with a vengenance and JUSTICE will come very
    quickly to those who lie in wait for those of the innocent blood;
    read it in the book of the proverbs – chapter one.

March 25, 2010 at 11:17 am
  132. jackie

well it could be her remains because if the guy vandersloot said he dumped her body in the swamp then they should know by now that it is her remains i also agree with rachel because if it is natilie holloways remains then her parents are getting closure they wanted

March 25, 2010 at 11:29 am
  133. Mrs. N

They have called off the search after ONLY TWO DAYS of searching??? I will never, ever go back to Aruba. As for the photos- of course it is a human skull- sand and or heavy rocks they could have used to make her stay down are what you are seeing in the rest of the photo. As to why the takers of the photo didn't notify anyone until now- they didn't see the skeleton until they got the pictures developed and they just got the pictures developed recently, PLUS, they were not looking for a skeleton even once they had them back!

March 25, 2010 at 3:09 pm
  134. Debbi

Like God had anything to do with a knife fish (that's what the "snake" in the picture appears to be). Like he really had anything to do with that fish swimming by right at that time. PLEASE get real people. I am a Christian but reality tells us that that remark is just not based in fact. If it were a shark would you say it was "sent" by the Devil? So just how crazy of a remark was that one. And another thing, let's see Tim Miller even try and find this formation in 80 feet of water where there are trade winds of 15 to 30 miles/hour. Never could happen. Facts are facts people. Some people in Aruba have been looking for Natalie for years. Just because a dive was called off to a location almost impossible to identify, "somewhere" near a shipwreck that's well over 50 years old means nothing. Please try and remember this is a World War ship that the German's sunk on purpose people many, many yrs ago- )can't you all not count backwards or what?. There are thousands of rock and coral formations, s well as parts of the ship that broke in half when it sank. This does not mean the people of Aruba have given up on catching Joran (they believe he idd this as well). Just how many missing and murdered children and adults are there in this country? How many murders and molesters are running free here? Millions. Why aren't you screaming about that? So I guess that makes all Americans horrible poeple like you are all trying to do to the people of Aruba. What about how our own cops treat rape victums? It's a blame the woman mentality here so why are you all so full of hate for Aruba when worse happens every day right here? Because you can that's why. No consequences for your words and comments. Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you yell, say and print what you do. Calling them names while you all brush your hair and teeth and look in the mirror while listening to the next story on TV about still another mom or wife or yound co-ed being raped, killed or beat. right here in the Unted States, but you say nothing except maybe a little "so sorry"? . The double standard is just disgusting. It is sad that Natalie was ever hurt and probably killed by Jorn VanDerSloot. But to blame anyone other than the person who did this disgusting deed or those who continue to lie for them, is just wrong.

March 25, 2010 at 6:10 pm
  135. Terri

I added a message above for Nancy to look at my facebook page, I did color variations on the picture the PA couple took while snorkeling in Aruba. You can clearly see 2 eye sockets and some finger bones!
    I swear I did not add those eye sockets, or anything else for that matter, all I did was change the color in Adobe using color variations!! It looks as though something is on top of the corpse holding it down, which may explain why it is still somewhat intact!
    Look at skull photo's in google. The jaw area of the Aruba sea picture looks the way it should.

Here is the picture in different lighting.
    Please click the following link to see it.

PS: I have been to Aruba twice and I have been on a submarine to see the Antilla wreck. I also stayed at the Holiday Inn, where Natalee stayed. The Antilla wreck is close to the Holiday Inn, pretty much across from the Holiday Inn, but out in the water a mile or so. Google Aruba map and Antilla wreck too, to see for yourself!

March 25, 2010 at 7:27 pm
  136. Yvette

Just show me the picture of the coral.
    But I can't believe that spot is unfindable!
    I smell a fish, who are they protecting?

Yvette

March 26, 2010 at 3:27 am
  137. leola

I for one feel like this all is very sad! I think the police should lock joran up until he decides to tell the whole truth! I hope the family finds her soon no one can say how the family feels all we can do is pray for them! I also feel like the diving team should have kept goin how in the world could u look everywhere in 3 days? It took for ever just to find the titanic! Many stories have been told until no one knows what is true! All we can do is pray and hope for the best and stay positive

March 27, 2010 at 7:40 pm
  138. Dawn Little

I THINK THEY SHOULD HIM AND REALIZE THAT IT IS NATALEE. IF MY DAUGHTER WAS MURDERED I WOULD WANNA BRING HER HOME FOR A PROPER BURIAL

March 29, 2010 at 4:19 am
  139. Cecelia

The Aruban government have done nothing from day one to help. If anything I feel they would try to interfere with anything found, because then they would have to admit they were wrong all along.

March 29, 2010 at 7:48 am
  140. Linda Angelo

JMO, the picture was taken by snorklers. It is not 80 ft. Maybe the wreck is, I dont know.

I have done a lot of snorkling, and if I take my eyes off something and look back down, lots of times its gone, so I can understand what they are talking about.

The coral in that picture is all dead coral. If anyone that was snorkling with this woman can remember what side of the wreck they were on, that might help. Im sure they already know the day and time to help give them some bearings. maybe even weather conditions. The bottom of the sea changes all the time, it may not even look like that now.

I dont understand why no one started looking as soon as the lady reported what she found in the picture. Cruise ship people even.

March 30, 2010 at 1:05 pm
  141. Tiffany

I feel so sorry for Natalee's family. From the looks of how this case is going, they may never get closure on Natalee's death. They have no body for her, they could but Aruban authorities won't allow it, they know who killed her, but yet nothing is going to be done about it, cause of Arubuan authorities. I wanna know why they are trying so hard to make sure this case doesn't get closed, what are they hiding? Is murder not illegal over there? I just hope that something can be done about all this nonsense, for Natalee's family, and for the nation. Everyone wants closure in this case, and we should be allowed to have it. Screw the Arubuan authorities!

March 30, 2010 at 10:05 pm
  142. CAROLYN WATSON

IF THIS IN NATALIE, GOD HAVE MERCY ON HER

March 31, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  143. a grandmother

I doubt that Natalee will ever be found. Aruba doesn't seem to know how to find anyone, nor do they know how to deliver justice. Joran has been walking around free taunting the family of Natalee Holloway as he goes on his merry way. I will not spend one penny in a country that has the "Keystone Cops" for law enforcement.... Aruban officials, for some reason, have been protecting "their own" from the very beginning and it's very clear they haven't worked that hard to question Joran or look for Natalee's body. I am incensed that Joran continues to torture the Holloway's through the press just for his own pleasure. Don't tell me that one isn't guilty! If Aruba really wants tourism to flourish, then solve this case. Enough already!

April 1, 2010 at 12:40 pm
  144. tracey

I would love nothing more than to know Natalee is alive somewhere, I unfortunately just don't see that to be the case after all these years and not to mention the numerous, "confession like" audio tapes of vandersloot! What is going on with the Aruban authorities? How can you go on record and say, We are pretty sure? I feel so sorry for Natalee's parents, after all this time and they still have no closure as to what happend to their daughter! Is there not enough circumstantial evidence against Joran to charge him with the murder or kidnapping, he made what I consider a confession, when he talked about dumping the body. Here is my other question, since his dad has passed away, why do the authorites not request another interview with Joran, there has to be inconsistiences in his story, there was from the beginning, also, has it just been the Aruban authorities doing the interviews with Joran or has the FBI or any other department been allowed to conduct an interview? I simply feel that Joran has escaped a crime that everyone KNOWS he is responsible for, I only can hope and pray for justice. Maybe since daddy the big attorney has passed away, Joran will not have any legal counsel to guide him and Natalee's parents can get some peace! I will continue to pray for Natalee and her parents.

April 3, 2010 at 6:30 am
  145. Einstein

Why isn't anything more being done in this case. Why isn't the US getting more involved and telling the Arubian authorities to step aside and let them take over? It is the same thing over and over just disappointments and nobody seems to be taking anything including a possible photo of a skelton seriously! This is a woman who is still missing, lets give the family some peace of mind already and take care of this matter!

April 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm
  146. Ann Marin

I certainly wish that Beth and Dave could find some closure and justice for Natalee. I lost my precious 21 year old son in November 2009 and the local police are acting like the Aruban authorities. I followed Natalee's case closely through Nancy Grace's program on CNN and my heart broke for those precious parents every night. God please give us the grace and fortitude to persevere.

April 6, 2010 at 3:01 pm