Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Is Body Discovered in Rural Napa County Missing Nurse Phuong Le?

The family of missing Fairfield, California nurse, Phuong Le, is sitting on pins and needles after the discovery of a woman’s body in nearby rural Napa County. A woman walking her dog makes the chilling discovery at 9:15 a.m. on Friday about 30 to 40 yards off Highway 121.

Phuong Le
Phuong Le

Police confirm the body matches the physical description of Le. Le’s brother says investigators told family the deceased woman had on a watch matching Le’s and a jade bracelet she never took off. And there are no reports of any other missing women in the area.

Le vanished from a Fairfield Barnes & Noble on April 25 where a witness reports seeing her at 8:30 p.m. in the café. Le’s car later found abandoned in the parking lot, the doors unlocked and windows down, her cell phone, backpack and wallet in the trunk. After it’s revealed an alleged romantic relationship was going on between Le and her former boss, the last person she’s known to have contacted, police executing search warrants at his home and business. Thuc Nguyen is not a person of interest or suspect and says he has nothing to do with Le’s disappearance and even has an alibi. At this hour, an autopsy is underway at Solano County Coroner’s office to determine whether these are the remains of Phuong Le.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Persons
  1. Sandy Heckt

My condolences to the Le Family..It is tragic and sad that our women pick the wrong men in life. As a Nurse myself I feel so sadly for her.She had her entire life and career ahead of her..so needless and sad!

May 10, 2010 at 3:20 pm
  2. robin

I think it is truly a sad state of affairs that soooooo many women are under attack in this country. Invariably, there is always someone who either cannot take "no" for an answer or is not man/woman enough to approach a woman correctly to engage in conversation or possibly pursue a romantic relationship!! Stories like these only encourage me to have my daughter continue to check in with me while out and about in the world... and, most oftentimes have her chaperoned!! Especially in situations like: the mall... the movie theatre... the beach with her friends!! My son has to accompany her!! Perhaps more young women would benefit from other parents taking this type of approach towards the care of their young women. Granted, this young lady was an adult, but, if the family had a policy of keeping in touch with each someone, this could've provided more information on where she was, who she was with... etc. I mean... it's not like she was in her 30's or 40's or even in a committed relationship. Just my take..

May 10, 2010 at 4:39 pm
  3. JO from Fairfield CA

If this isnt the boyfriend's doing then Im scared. There is potentially someone picking up and discarding women in Solano County/Napa County. THis is normally a quiet and safe area.

May 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm
  4. Donnie

Dear God, Why do you let all this pain and suffering go on? The world has lost its way and desperately needs your help! Please destroy all these demons that live in this world soon!! I don't know how much longer we can last!! If it is true about the apocalypse, your hand of wrath is needed now! For you are the real judge and creator of everything! Let the skys open up and unleash your fury down upon this wicked world and the evil predators in it! My condolences to this girls family and friends! God be with them!!

May 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm
  5. brittany

Please bless her family..

May 10, 2010 at 5:17 pm
  6. TAMMY PETTIT

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HUSBANDS GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER? OR AT LEAST THINK THEY CAN????

May 10, 2010 at 5:26 pm
  7. Mysticme

Are there any videos of her? My theory now is a sexual predator or serial killer. Maybe the same one who murdered the couple at the
    beach near Petaluma??

May 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm
  8. beth cifranic

I don't know what this world is coming to.what's sad is there's a never ending cycle everyday around the u.s.a people taking life for no reason but for there on selfish reasons and I say let them fry just like a child molaster give them death and the jails wouldn't be in debt. And the tax payers would have break

May 10, 2010 at 6:27 pm
  9. Stephen

what about Toni Sharpless? Nurse/Mother from Chester County, PA

no updates/ coverage? she is still missing

May 10, 2010 at 7:13 pm
  10. cathy

Maybe the married boyfriend had a jealous wife that found out about the affair, and was responsible. It makes sense her last call would have been to the boyfriend if his wife made threats to her, and it would explain why he won't talk.

May 10, 2010 at 7:16 pm
  11. marlene

i don't know why I know but I know it was the brother.

May 10, 2010 at 7:19 pm
  12. John Paerels

Punished for displaying the American flag --Why hasn't Ms. Grace (or anyone else on television) discussed the situation that occurred at a northern California high school on Cinco de Mayo? On this day the Latinos at the school celebrated with banners and many many Mexican flags. The event took a bad turn, a VERY bad turn, when five white students came to school with tee shirts simulating the American flag. The result was much anger and threats to the five who dared to display THEIR national flag. School officials rescued the students before they were harmed. However they were asked to turn their shirts inside out and when they refused to do so they were suspended and sent home. Upon protest by the student's parents the Superintendent of the school system ordered that the students should be allowed back in school and stated that they should never have been suspended. When the Latino students were told the boys would not be punished in any way, they stormed out of school and marched to the supers office in a loud and disorderly crowd to protest. While the white students are back in school, they state that they fear for their safety. Once again, why was this entire occurence not presented, not even in the breifest manner? J P

May 10, 2010 at 7:25 pm
  13. John Paerels

Why is that after sending my last two comments to CNN I was told I had already sent the same message previously? I had never sent either one before. Undoubtedly this message will be declared a "duplicate". Have I angered someone somewhere in the CNN organization and if so, what did I say that provoked the reaction vis a vis the notification. J P

May 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm
  14. NIKKI CHESHIER

I AM FROM CORDOVA ALASKA, I WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERY DAY! THE TELEVISION COULD USE MORE SHOWS LIKE YOURS, SOMEONE THAT SPEAKS FOR THE VICTIMS I VERY IMPORTANT!! UNFORTUNATLY THERE IS SO MANY TO COVER!!! YOU ARE DOING MANY FAMILYS A GREAT SERVICE. I THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO AS MIGHT MOST EVERYONE THAT WATCHES YOUR SHOW. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! SINCERELY A EVERYDAY TUNER IN TO YOUR SHOW!!! NIKKI CESHIER

May 10, 2010 at 7:49 pm
  15. Josh

Are there security cameras in the barnes/noble parking lot that may show where she went after leaving the store?

May 10, 2010 at 7:53 pm
  16. cathy

Could the married man or his wife have hired a hit man? I remember reading in the paper many years ago about a woman in northern California who hired a hit man to kill another woman who was having an affair with her husband. I remember reading that both woman were manicurist. I think I read that one of the potential hit men she contacted was an informant, so she ended up in jail before anything happened.

May 10, 2010 at 7:53 pm
  17. Della Smith

I believe her brothers killed her because she caused shame on the family or wanted to leave the family and go on her own.

May 10, 2010 at 7:59 pm
  18. Cathy

I haven't heard if they have taklked to the brother that found the car? Her culture has a very strong family system. If she was having an affair with a married man, Some in that culture believe it would disgrace and bring shame to her family.
    It wouldn't be the first time a brother has killed to sibling to protect his family honor.

May 10, 2010 at 9:23 pm
  19. Shar

Nancy, Just had a idea watching your program tonight on Phuong Le
    With her purse in the trunk, and cell phone, I'm wondering if someone she new picked her up on a motorcycle, and she didn't want to carry her purse, and left it in the trunk.. Just wondered what you thought of that idea? Plus that married man might have a motorcycle, which he could get away from camera's much easy then a car, by going a different way around the camera's.. Love your show Nancy.. You do such a GREAT job.

May 10, 2010 at 9:36 pm
  20. Diane

I think it's cool that you're icing them, cold turkey, from all the publicity. That jail cell will get alot lonelier without seeing themselves on TV. Maybe now they will start telling what really happened now that the rest of the world has moved on past them and their antics.

May 10, 2010 at 9:39 pm
  21. sandra mccurdy

hi nancy, my name is sandy.I live in fairfield, ca. i feel that the person that took or may have took the young girl Lee from fairfield had to know her , because nobody seen or herd anything unusual . watching your show you kept refering to fairfield as fairfax just thought i would let you .

May 10, 2010 at 10:42 pm
  22. benjamus

If the Fairfield police find her it would be a miracle she'd have to fall from the sky and on to their laps. The police are more concerned with catching speeders and being traffic monitors in order to make up for budget cuts. Meanwhile crime runs rampant and unchecked in Fairfield I live there and can tell you calling 911 is completely useless. I was once witnessing a robbery and called 911 and they told me " by the time they could get there the guy would be gone anyways so don't get involved." I followed the guy took his picture from my car with the stolen items in hand, and notified the 911 operator of this and she just told me they wouldn't be able to get there for 45 min I never did get a police response and didn't hear from them even after leaving my phone number with them.

May 10, 2010 at 11:08 pm
  23. Valerie

I would not rule out the wife of the boyfriend let alone the boyfriend .

May 11, 2010 at 12:30 am
  24. Linda Lee

Maybe authorities should look at the married boyfriend's wife. She could have wanted her out of the way, or, they (boyfriend) could have paid someone to do this....

May 11, 2010 at 12:58 am
  25. shellbell

The brother has been way too helpful; this poor woman was known (to him) to hang out at Barnes & Noble to 'cool off' away from her family; he's the one who found the car. I know, I know, there's a married boyfriend, but I keep coming back to the brother. She clearly knew and trusted the person she went off with, because she left everything in the trunk locked out of sight before leaving, including her cell phone. In a 'traditional' family, he may have felt that her behavior (rebelling against a family responsibility; dating a married man) was a dishonor to the family.

May 11, 2010 at 1:31 am
  26. shirley

I'm just wondering why the FBI is involved in this case? I would think that the local police agencies would have handled it. What determined that the FBI should be involved?

May 11, 2010 at 8:29 am
  27. Jennifer

This is so disheartening. How many more women and children?!!!

May 11, 2010 at 9:47 am
  28. Steve Porten

Is it possible that the sister has anything to do with this? The one who's flyers were being handed out? She was taken from the coffe shop by someone that knows her.

May 11, 2010 at 12:46 pm
  29. christina

Nancy, Thank you for having this case on your show. Unfortunately the body, is indeed, Miss Le. I live in Fairfield,CA. The police dept needs to really look at the way this case was handled. There is no excuse for not taking it seriously! The car was allowed to sit in the parking lot for a couple days before it was towed,so who knows what kind of evidence could have been recovered if they'd listened to her brother in the beginning. Not to mention, maybe the outcome would have been different. The publicity on this case was minimal,the local paper didn't even front page it, it was days before anyone in the general public knew about it. That also puts other women at risk if there is some killer running loose.Fliers were minimal around town, you would have expected to see them all over. By the way Nancy, the Barnes and Noble bookstore here in Fairfield, is not in an upscale part of town as I heard someone mention on your show. It is actually near a pretty bad area and next to a mall with numerous gang,etc... problems. This is so sad, if everything would have been done in a more timely and organized and serious manner, maybe this young lady would be alive.

May 11, 2010 at 4:20 pm
  30. Mrs. D.

What about Nguyen's wife. Perhaps she found out about the relationship with Ms. Le. Have they ruled her out?

May 12, 2010 at 2:48 am
  31. Donna

I love your show dearly but sometimes I get so fustrated when you start accusing someone of murder and they are not even the person. I am from Fairfield CA and according to the family Phuong Le was not seeing the man that owned the postmasters. She had a relationship a long time ago so I don't understand when you start accusing him of having something to do with it and he is not a suspect. How do you know we don't have a serial killer loose. We know the person is sick because of what the body looked like but we don't know if it is a serial killer or someone she knew. I live pretty close to Barnes and Nobles or should I say I go there a lot and now I am scared to until they say who killed Phuong. It is so sad

May 12, 2010 at 9:58 am