Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Haleigh's father will testify against ex-wife, Misty Croslin

The father of Haleigh Cummings is seeking a plea deal with a 15-year sentence on prescription drug-trafficking charges. In order to get this deal, he is willing to testify against his ex-wife Misty, and her brother Tommy Croslin.

Haleigh Cummings
Haleigh Cummings

All three, plus two others, are behind bars facing hefty sentences. Ronald’s attorney, Terry Shoemaker, said his client hopes to have the deal before his trial begins on July 19. Cummings faces five counts of drug trafficking.

Shoemaker said he has been working on the plea deal for more than a month following the release of undercover videos that show the transactions. “Everyone in the world has seen the videos,” he reportedly said. “It’s a great case for the state.” If the deal is accepted, Ronald Cummings will face 15-year minimum and a 30-year maximum per charge, Shoemaker said. The two most serious charges would be dropped and then Cummings would be sentenced on the three remaining lesser charges. Shoemaker would like to do more for his client but he can “only work with the hand dealt.”

Post by:
Filed under: Haleigh Cummings
  1. Diane

Nancy, I think Ron Cummings has been through enough. Losing his daughter is the ultimate punishment. I think he should not serve time behind bars but be given a lengthy probationary period. What more do they want of his man.

May 19, 2010 at 2:13 pm
    • kathy hilyer

I think Ron should have been worried about his daughter. Then his drugs! I think he knows he is as sorry as misty, throw the book at them both and throw the dam key away!!

June 18, 2010 at 9:23 pm
  2. sandy

I think it is a shame that boy has to spend 15 years in jail. He lost a daughter that is a life sentence there. Misty is a liar so is her brother so is the whole damn family, You would get the truth if someone would just get him out easy, I think her mouth will run run run and she will never shut up and it will be the truth as far as I am concer he was , set up what ever, On those tapes the cops gives him the drugs to sell, So what gives. You all need to help that boy get his life straighten out he still has a son that is in the picture. I wish God would tell you people what happen to that baby. I still think Ron is very innocent, the grandmother was at that house at 7:30 and Misty was not mess up. So Haleigh is gone why???? Dear God what is the matter with Florida 15 years, I think it is wrong for Ron to get that kind of time. Find Haleigh you should have gotten Misty way before you did, Her whole family is nothing but trouble. Dad in jail Mom in jail no home. Mess up. Just my way of thinking...

May 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm
  3. Jill

I hope Ronald can get out for the funeral. I know selling grugs is something very serious and I feel this has been a part of Ronald's live even prior to his Daughter coming up missing. I just feel Ronald may have learned the best lesson about drugs by this horrible loss.
    Haleigh's Mom should always of had custody of these children, My prayers are with the entire Family of little Haleigh, this case has gone on too long and Misty should get the MAX for this crime!

May 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm
  4. Cathy

What is difficult to understand is what does Ronald Cummings have to offer in addition to the video tapes which clearly shows the sale?

Why would his testimony be of any benefit since he is anything but credible with his extensive past drug-related criminal rap sheet?

Plus he has the highest number of charges next to Misty – so what could he be adding to what the prosecution team already have, a pretty clear cut case against all of these people?

Some light please in this tunnel of darkness.

May 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm
  5. Missy

Wonderful; he is gonna testify against Misty and he is the one who called the shot...too funny. Let's hope the stupid girl wise up before it's too late. Misty knows a lot more about the father of the year than he's got on her.

May 19, 2010 at 3:40 pm
  6. Deborah Merritt

I hope his plea deal is approved for 15 years in jail....
    in exchange he testifys against Misty and Tommy Croslin.

Where is Haleigh? What happened to Haleigh?

Has Joe Overstreet been arrested? He needs to be locked up!

Any news on the 2 bricks that were found in the St. Johns River?

May 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm
  7. Judy Barie

I really feel that Ronald knew what happened to Haleigh before he left for work on the day she came up missing. If you go back you will find he said he tried to call Misty a rediculous amount of times. When he came home it just seemed like it was rehearsed. He held together like glue. Misty's tone was low and not excitable at all. I would have been crazy. I think before they sweetened the pot they should give him another lie detector and ask different questions. Judy

May 19, 2010 at 4:57 pm
  8. Mandy

You know I'm totally against drugs, BUT, the years they penalize for selling those amounts of prescription pills is ridiculous! People get LESS TIME FOR 2nd DEGREE MURDER or MANSLAUGHTER! What's wrong with this picture???? I mean, it's not like he was selling Heroin or Cocaine or Meth......it's frigging prescription medicine. Sure I know some people are addicted to those, but seems prescription medicine should be in a much different category than as I said, Heroin, Cocaine or Meth. Selling prescription meds shouldn't incurr more time or the same as murder.......that doesn't even make sense!

Even at reduced plea and only charging Ron for 3 counts instead of 5, he's still going to do 15 yrs. X 3, that's 45 years minimum.....and he's what.....30 yrs. old?? Heck he'll be 75 yrs. old before he gets out. For selling prescription meds.......that's just WRONG! Seems 10 years for everything would be a stiff sentence.

Who makes these laws that determines the amount of time to serve for all this. I'd like to ask them why selling drugs of any kind is more or as much as 2nd degree murder and I'd like to ask why they are grouping prescription meds in with the hard stuff, like Heroin, Cocaine and Meth.

May 19, 2010 at 5:10 pm
  9. Joyce Brocke

I pray for Junior's sake that this means that Ron Cummings; who is currently drug free as a result of his incarceration and inability to get drugs life has has decided to tell everything he knows that can help the authorities put the only person who can really be considered to be responsible for little Haleigh's disappearance away forever because while ron Cummings used extremely poor judgment in his choice for a baby sitter; we know he did not hurt his child because he was not there. It is time for Ron Cummings to turn his life around and stop associating with the Croslin trash, time for him to lead a drug free life and work to make himself be a Daddy that Junior is not ashamed of!

May 19, 2010 at 6:28 pm
  10. Joyce Brocke

I pray that this terrible mystery is solved for all the Cummings Family

May 19, 2010 at 6:30 pm
  11. Robert

I remember Haleigh's dad saying that he would kill the s.o.b. that murdered his child. Then we see him in a car all friendly and together with Misty. What is he going to testify to? If he knew that Misty was to blame then why didn't he either carry out his threat or tell somebody. Why now, if he was so hot trot?

May 19, 2010 at 7:38 pm
  12. ckesling

i hope ronald finds some peace in his life !!! god bless hayleigh,may she be at peace.

May 19, 2010 at 8:05 pm
  13. Debbie (fromLakewood, Wash)

They should throw the book at all of them...I know for a fact Ronald LOVED HaLiegh,no doubt about that.HOWEVER he was out selling drugs instead of looking for his daughter.even if he knew she is dead...why would he associate with Misty,and Tommy? If I knew they had something to do with the disappearence of my daughter, I would want to definatly get justice for my daughter.

May 19, 2010 at 8:50 pm
  14. Norma B.

I've seen the video several times and it seems like Ronald is the one in charge and just making his young ex wife do all the dirty work. I know Nancy believes Misty is the force behind the evil, however, I find it difficult to believe that someone as young and uneducated as she, is able to fool seasoned detectives all this time. I'm still open to proof beyond a reasonable doubt. For all we know Ron could have accidentally killed his daughter while fighting with Misty the night prior. Then set up the situation so that cousin Tommy (or whoever) would come over to get the supposed gun and then THAT person would be to blame. However, cousin Tom brought another person, and they together planned to get rid of the body just in case they were being set up. This story is as good as any I've heard. I really think Ron had more to do with this then anyone. He just came home too upset. I've returned home and found my 3 yr. old boy gone, I wasn't out of control. I stayed calm, looked for him and called neighbors. He was already set to go off on SOMEBODY. As if he assumed his little girl's body was still in the trialer, but dead and Misty was supposed to say that Tommy was there. This is also why Ron called Tommy to go check on Misty. He was setting Tommy up.

May 20, 2010 at 12:46 am
  15. Reba

I watch your show every night.

Nancy, I have been reading about Drew Petersen but stories are old. I would like to know where he is and if and when he will be charged with murder? I have heard he is in jail but nothing lately. I believe he did murder these women but there was a cover up since he was a cop. I would like to know more about the story. Please respond

May 20, 2010 at 6:40 am
  16. warsteiner

If the dad new how and who killed his kid and did nothing he doesnt deserve any breaks.

May 20, 2010 at 7:23 am
  17. Debbie

I have always made sure that I didnt miss Nancys show nightly

May 20, 2010 at 10:02 am
  18. Debbie

I have always made sure that I was able to watch Nancys show nightly. But, if seems that she has gotten away from reporting about the children ,and focusing on other issues leaving the viewers wondering what happened to the children in several cases.It seems that Jane Velez has taken over the area of reporting about cases that Nancy started ,but went on to Hollywood stars and such. Will Nancy ever be able to report an update of Baby Gabreil, or Caylee? Many would like to hear Nancys follow ups and not have to watch Jane Velez to get the update on what Nancy began reporting on. Thank-you Debbie

May 20, 2010 at 10:15 am
  19. sarah

Plea deal or not, he should of testified against Misty and her brother for the sake of his daughter!

May 20, 2010 at 12:16 pm
  20. D.J.

He has to know something about the disappearance of his daughter. Why would he be wanting to make a deal and testify against the others? I think he's attempting to keep the heat off of him concerning the demise of his daughter. After all, why is the bond so high only for what, 39 pills? He's buckling under the pressure. I personally think Haleigh is deceased and her autopsy report would read accidental overdose and the entire bunch of the "Palatka Cartel" would be indicted for Accessory to Murder, after the fact. I think Putnam County Sheriff's Department has all involved in custody and the truth will come to light. Anything less than life in prison is unacceptable.

May 20, 2010 at 12:22 pm
  21. Helen Cummins

Hi Nancy, I watch your show when ever I can. Love the pics. of the twins.
    Last night you reported a woman found in a suit case. Several years ago an airport personal seen a suitcase in the airport unattended. Later he seen it again. He opened the suit case & found a young girl deceased. This of course was before 9-11. Forgive me for not having instance recall. The girl was from a foreign country and was coming to the USA to marry. She could not afford an airline ticket, so she or someone thought she could come here by way of luggage. I believe it was a friend of her husband's to be that came to pick her up. When he opened the suitcase & seen she was dead, he became scared & left it at the airport. No arrest was made. Can you imagine how this poor girl felt when she could not breath? I have to agree with you on this one .
    Sorry I don't remember the state she was coming to or the country she came from.
    A fan Helen

May 20, 2010 at 1:13 pm
  22. Semgo

What!!! Michael Douglass' son was sentenced to 5 yrs and he faced life in prison...and his charges were a lot more severe... I think the system is bias against the less educated/rich, if this guy Cummings faces 15 yrs to 30yrs for pushing prescription drugs seems ridiculous... when you take into account that a 26 yr old women in NY today was convicted of killing her infant baby by placing the baby in a plastic bag and in her truck, and she was sentenced to 5 to 15 yrs...Again, What?????

May 20, 2010 at 2:54 pm
  23. JLO

What's going to happen to the plead deal for Ron when he chirps about all he knows/has known. Wouldn't someone want to prosecute him for interfering with the investigation or..withholding evidence?

Between all the characters in this case it's a wonder one of them can form a sentence..let alone plea anything. IMO

May 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm
  24. Amanda Berry

you know i think that is very funny. i think haleighs father is just testifing against misty so that it can save his ass and he doesnt end up in jail for 83 years. i think they all should just come clean instead of sitting there and lying about it and saying that they dont know what all went on that night. In which they do know so they should just speak. they should've just came clean in the first place and maybe they wouldnt be in so much trouble but now that they've lied about it, they are going to be getting an even bigger sentence. if you cant do the time, DONT DO THE CRIME!

May 20, 2010 at 6:25 pm
  25. Julie

Oh well instead of out selling drug's with his ex he should of tryed to get her higher than a kite to spill the beans.He's a big boy give him time!!!

May 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm
  26. crystal

I feel that everyone on here talking about Ron having something to do with it needs to really look into the story a little more. All his lie detector tests came back negative while misty was to lie on all of hers. And 15 years really I see child molesters out here only having to do 3 years and be on national T.V. and in my eyes that pretty down grading and wrong. If Ron gets 15 years for some bullshit then all these little ass kids out here in gangs and killing one another need longer sentences. With all that being said were do the laws really come from???? a criminal themselves???? This story has been getting a little out of control and in my eyes the investigators need to do more work and figure out something fast MISTY NEEDS LETHAL INJECTION I dont care what people say that girl is a murder and she deserves nothing less.

May 20, 2010 at 9:00 pm
  27. Sharon

I cannot say that Ronald Cummings is involved in his daughter's death or not, but PLEASE someone explain to me...... how on earth could he get married and arrange that wedding in the midst of his daughters dissapearance?????? That would certainly be the last thing on MY mind, geeeze man things just don't add up!!!! There they were having fun, laughing and the child was gone, and everyone knew just as they did in all probability dead. That to me is very suspicious, I think there is way more than he leads everyone to believe. I hope they lock him up for the rest of his life and Misty gets the chair, what are they even bringing to society? What a bunch of trash, and ?? the grandmother and mother? where the hell are their teeth?

May 20, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  28. dena

i also think hes been through alot(ronald )but i believe he should serve his time he committed the crime.he should have been helping the police find his daughter not selling drugs.now he wants to help the police to help himself,poor baby haleigh i think she didnt have a chance my heart goes out to her,may the lord bless her soul

May 20, 2010 at 10:20 pm
  29. Tara

I can't believe people think the courts are being unfair to this young man, He was out selling drugs while the police where working over time looking for his missing child and worst he was with the number one person the cops believed was involved in the child going missing... He needs to spend a long time in jail, I felt sorry for this man until i seen the tapes and him acting like nothing was wrong in his life... What kinda person traffics drugs while their baby is missing... He's a LOSER just like Misty and her low class family,.. These people are nothing more then white trash!!!!!!

May 20, 2010 at 10:56 pm
  30. Andra

We all know Ron Cummings wasn't a saint before all this happened. He was an employed single Dad trying to raise two small children. He may have some mistakes, but his biggest one was getting involved with Misty Croslin and her family. I personally feel he should get the lightest sentence available considering his state of mind during the drug bust. He had been living in a hell that I cannot imagine. No matter his past, he loved his daughter. I thought perhaps he went along with Misty on the drug deal to see if he could get some information concerning his daughter by getting involved with Misty on this buy. There had been all kinds of speculation that perhaps Haliegh was kidnapped or murdered because of drugs or a drug deal gone bad. I feel the man has been sentenced to a life sentence by losing that baby. I feel he should be released and placed on a strict probation. Maybe, for the first time in his life, he should be given a break. I am a 55 year old female that has never had any dealings with the law. Never even had a parking ticket. I just feel it would be an injustice to confine him at all.

May 20, 2010 at 10:58 pm
  31. Laurie

Has it occurred to anyone that he might have "set Misty up for a fall?"....
    He has made remarks, ( I agree with, that he would do anything to get to the truth!! WAS THIS his way of putting her into a position where she would most likely tell all she knew to GET OUT OF JAIL???

May 21, 2010 at 12:32 am
  32. Becca

I'm just wondering what Ronald knows now about Misty's involvement in Haleigh's disappearance that he hasn;t kniwn for the past year.Obviously nothing too awful since he married her and allowed her to be around Junior even after her actions proved she wasn't fit to be responsible for a child's safetyI find it amazing how the threat of severe prison time can open a floodgate to a person's memory.I was sympathetic towards Ronald but now the only one I feel sorry for is little Haleigh. If she is dead I hope her passing was as peaceful and pain free as possible.I I'm hoping she knew no fear p unti know I would have sworn Ronald wasn't involved in Haleigh's disappearance but I'm not so sure anymore.Sounds like he is trading his dauhter's life for his own with his having the most value.

May 21, 2010 at 2:31 am
  33. Angela

Mr. Cummings has already been given a life sentence for his mistakes. Haliegh is gone forever. His life style, like it or not, is what brought the "bottom dwellers" of Misty and her family into his life.
    Being a parent myself I can't imagine how he will ever forgive himself for bringing these people into his children's life.
    For Junior's sake I can only hope that both his parent's will stay off drugs and be the type of parent's that I know that they are capable of.
    Personally I hope that a compasionate judge will let Ronald go with time already served following his testimony against Misty. What possible purpose would it serve to punish him when they couldn't possibly punish him anymore than he will be punishing himself.

May 21, 2010 at 4:53 am
  34. GERRIE

I don't feel sorry for him. He wasn't thinking about Haleigh when he was slinging those drugs. And the fact that he was with Misty who has lied to keep her self out of jail. The fact that she had something or had information about his daughter death did not keep him from being with Misty. So you see I have no empathy or sympathy for him.
    All this drama has to stop. Give him time for his crime. I can imagine that he also was still bedding downwith her. That's what junkies does they have no remorse in what they do. They will sell those soul to the devil and that is what Ron did

May 21, 2010 at 7:10 am
  35. abbylou

I believe the courts should spare Ronald Cummings from jail time. Lengthy probation and community service. He lost a daughter, had a girlfriend/wife that is a loser. Her whold family were losers. I believe the cost of his child is enough punishment. Let him go!!!!

May 21, 2010 at 7:24 am
  36. kyst

I do understand that he lost his daughter in a very tragic and sad situation, and I pray everyday that the truth will come out – but the bottom line is – HE continued to have a relationship with these people – KNOWING HE and the rest of them deal in drugs!!!

HE IS A DRUG DEALER – selling drugs that could reach your children!! Think about that – he endangered his own kids by doing so and endangered yours – AND YOU WANT TO SET HIM FREE???? GIVE ME A BREAK

May 21, 2010 at 8:40 am
  37. Amber

Yes I kow that dealing drugs is wrong but I really think that Ron should get out on probation! He has been thru enough! Misty & the rest of her loser family needs locked up for the maxium sentence!

May 21, 2010 at 8:43 am
  38. Marilyn

If Ronald Cummings knows something now, well, he knew it then also, therefore I do not feel a lot of sympathy for him. I do, however feel much sympathy for Junior and Ronalds Grandmother. I think Misty's grandmother is getting her 15 minutes of fame.

May 21, 2010 at 9:27 am
  39. Mandy

I agree.. It is a shame Ron Cummings has to do such a long jail sentence. I also believe that although selling drugs is a crime and you should be punished for it ..15 Years is outrageous!!! I just read about a mother who killed her newborn baby and SHE is getting 15 years. I think Killing a child is a lot more serious than selling some drugs..probably which profits helped them to survive. Although thats no excuse ..what does our government expect people to do in this economy. As parents we will go to extremes to provide for our family. This young man lost his daughter, has a evil wife that created all this mess, and everyone wants to see him rot in jail. Our Justice system in this country is so unfair. I say house arrest for 6 months and 5yrs probation. He has suffered enough!

May 21, 2010 at 9:37 am
  40. jmaria

to this deal of Ronald-yes it is a good deal for him but I guess my first question is why as his own attorney said -the Videos told all for him and the others-unless he can tell what maybe Misty and her family did with the child-and yes, I think that he was part of what may have happened to Haleith–I do beleive that I did hear that Misty did not want to watch the child and Ronald knew that she was coming down for a week full of doing drug so my quest is why did he "make" Misty watch his two children-he should have brought them over to his mother or to the children mother and maybe this would not have happen – just because someone "clock in" to work does not mean that they are their full time–I could be wrong but I feel that Rondal was part of any type of act that may have fallen on Haleith–that is the only thing that Ronald could help the police with

May 21, 2010 at 9:42 am
  41. jean

I have to comment...to everyone who says Ronald should be granted some privlidge because his daughter is missing...isn't this the same guy that left his child with the Queen and poster child for White Trash? He made that choice after knowing Misty for 4 months? He deserves the same as others receive! He delt drugs just as they did! He is a waste of a life! I feel awful for Haleigh, but instead of eating pills and dealing drugs maybe the idiot should have been looking for his child? Screw him...let him rot in jail with the rest of the trash!

May 21, 2010 at 9:53 am
  42. debbie

I was in Florida on Monday, April 26. I was in a liquor store to buy some beer and I swear I saw Misty Croslin fly out of there, almost running into me and outside to meet a guy with really, white skin and long blonde ponytail. I thought she was in jail. If she is....she has a twin!

May 21, 2010 at 10:23 am
  43. Putnam Native

Seriously? Doesn't deserve time behind bars. No one and I mean no one held a gun to his head forcing him to sell prescription narcotics, which is well known fact locally he had been selling/using even well before beautiful little Haleigh disappeared. How stupid can someone be. Being in the public spotlight, knowing the entire county, even the nation knows his face. Sorry but the boy is not the brightest person out there. Seeing what the pill epidemic has done to the young people in Putnam county first hand, I have no sympathy for Ronald involving his charges. Do the Crime, do the time. I will be ashamed of the judicial system here if he is not handed at the least the bare minimum sentence.

May 21, 2010 at 10:38 am
  44. Sue Hanson

If Ron is so innocent of his daughter's death, why was he so friendly with Misty.....something is not quite right here. And just because they are educationaly deprived doesn't mean they aren't street smart.

May 21, 2010 at 11:21 am
  45. kim

Even though he lost his daughter, he still has to pay for the crime he did. And if he knew that his girlfriend and brother killed his daughter then he should also be punished for that as well. Can let criminals be let lose, they have to report what they know immediately, or you become an assesory. That is just the law.

May 21, 2010 at 11:30 am
  46. tprado

oh please!!!!!! so ronald shouldn't do any prison time for selling drugs with the woman whom he knows had something to do with the death of his daughter. that is BS!!!! if he really cared about his daughter, why wasn't he working undercover with the police to get the goods on misty and her family members??? no, instead he is hooking up with misty and doing illegal things-why wasn't he working to support himself and son? he should never see his freedom, they need to lock him up and throw away the key. at the very least, sterlize him so he can't pass on his genes. that's just my opinion.

May 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm
  47. Kathryn Conner

May 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm
  48. David

The state of Florida treats child molesters better than that .Putnum county fl. is a backwoods hillbilly county they are trying to get there 5 minutes.I live in Florida and the criminal justice system here is not made for poor people if he had a real laywer i bet he would get a better deal.Putnum county is a joke the state attorney should be ashamed . The sherrifs son just got busted with a meth lab and distubution i wonder if he gets 30yrs.Follow that one and see what happens it sure didnt get much coverage.

May 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm
  49. Tracy

It is sad that Ron is facing this imprisonment considering what he has been through and my heart goes out to the family, but let's be realistic the life style choices Ron made is partially responsible for what happened to his daughter. We may not be able to control everything around us, but he could have controlled the environment that his family lived in and whom he exposed them to.

May 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm
  50. Meg

Ronald Comming commited a crime. So he should do the time. I think 15 years is a bit much seeing how the guy who murdered my uncle(an owner of a grocery store-got robbed) was shot and murdered- the guy who killed him only is serving 12 years. The justice system needs to re-evaluate the amount of years people are ordered to serve. I feel sorry Ron lost a daughter, BUTt look at the kind of influences he allowed around himself and his daughter. I think he knows about that murder and I think he is just as guilty as all the rest. What kind of person goes to sell pills when their kid is missing? And not to mention with Misty.....Come On America wake up. This guy is guilty AND he has horrible judgement. GOD BLESS HALEIGH WHERE EVER SHE IS MAY SHE BE AT PEACE!

May 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm
  51. Rue

The main focus should be on the missing child or her body, not the father. Its not like he's a major drug dealer or terrorist here, come on. People sometimes have to do what has to be done in order to survive, but given who he is, would they put video and pictures and all that crap for everyone in the world that's been caught or just him b/c his child is missing and he's made a public appearance in regards to his child. I pray that God has mercy on everyone's soul and that closure can come to this family and to Ron, my support is totally with him. He should NOT have to spend 15 years behind bars for this.

May 21, 2010 at 2:49 pm
  52. Shauna R

Ughhh this fellow has lost his daughter... need he suffer anymore? I mean don't get me wrong... what he did is WRONG but what he is going through is even more WRONG! let the man go home, cope and mourn with his family. I am a firm believer in justice and the law system, but I honestly feel this man has the right to mourn the death of his sweet baby at home, in privacy, with his family...
    God bless that sweet little girl. May the demons who hurt her and took her life suffer miserably for eternity.

May 21, 2010 at 3:04 pm
  53. debbie

well i think ronald has no charges.he is in jail pretending he sold drugs.he helped the cops get misty busted and when it all comes out from misty ronald comes out of jail and knows what happened to his daughter and where she is.i'd spend time just like him to find out what happened to my daughter would you?? think about it!!

May 21, 2010 at 3:12 pm
  54. oldylocks

I don't know one player from the next in this sorry tale. who the heck is the childs mother, who is misty, what the heck...!

May 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm
  55. Bill

NO, he deserves to go to jail as well. He lost a daughter but that is also his fault. He went with a minor and left his children in the care of a minor. Also, he knew she was a dealer as is he so that is child abuse. He alos married her and defended her over finding his daughter all of which wasted valuable time.

His daughter is dead largely because he was an inadequate father and a criminal. Regardless of who actually killed the girl, his blood is on it as well. get him off the streets so he cannot procreate again.

May 21, 2010 at 3:37 pm
  56. lil'o'me

I do however have alot of sympathy for Crystal....I'm sure she did make mistakes.....most people do. However I'ma wondering IF Ronald & his mother were both on payroll with local sheriffs office as I have heard then maybe that's why Ronald came out with the kids instead of her. He sure does'nt look or smell like a rose to me. More like something that the more you stir the more it stinks!!! God bless you Crystal..I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray the Lord blesses you and your family !

May 21, 2010 at 3:57 pm
  57. Michael Wiseman

I think this "plea deal" is another attempt to break Misty. I believed the 1st day she was not home that night and I still believe that. It would explain why she fails every polygraph test. If you were not there everything you say about the night will be a lie. She arrived home right before she knew Ron would be coming home (3AM). Now Ron was not involved but he knows who he messed over in the past and that's why he said if he had $35,000 he would have his daughter back. Let's see that is 1 kilo ( 2.1 lbs) at about $1000 an ounce. I would also love to know, since the tests the police gave will never be released, the one given by Equisearch is not bound by terms. Did they ask Misty if she was home, what was her response and finally was it truthful. If she lied about being there then find out who got her out of the house and go from there.

May 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm
  58. Jean Koch

Is this for real. Ron was out selling drugs with his scaggy x wife, when he should of been looking for his daughter. He needs to be put away for as long as the rest of the idiots. He didn't seem too upset with Misty when they were in the car counting all the pills. what a mess. Ron is just as guilty as the rest of the clan. Put all of them away for life. They were all involved in the missing of Haleigh, in some way or other. They make my skin crawl.

May 21, 2010 at 4:09 pm
  59. danyeal

i agree with diane. he has been through alot. I know it hurts cus i lost my mom to murder wen i was younger. i feel for him. I mean come on he is only human everyone makes mistakes. give him a break.

May 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm
  60. Dee

Gosh you know I think the same thing that he has been thru enough but dang it, he knows the difference between right and wrong. I think of it this way, what if it was one of my kids or grandkids who got a hold of one there drugs and got hurt or even died from it. I would hope that the person responsible for it should be put away.

May 21, 2010 at 5:42 pm
  61. Dee

To add to my last post, I do however wish Misty and the rest the worse . She is lower then DIRT and should be treated as such. I hope the state of florida Nails Misty and all that are involved.
    I would be so embarrassed if I were her parents instead of just saying she could never do things like that. But sadly they have no morals either considering their lifestyle. They are as low as the rest of them. I couldnt stand listening to them smuggly talking everyone else down.

May 21, 2010 at 5:49 pm
  62. BonniM

Ron is facing 15-30 years and the woman who helped kidnap Elizabeth Smart, helped attempt to kidnap a 2nd girl (15 yrs old), participated in the torturous way Elizabeth was held prisoner and who stood by while her husband at least once daily raped Elizabeth – gets 15 years also.

Somehow this just doesn't seem fair to me.

He sells some pills – she kidnaps, tortures, and allows the young girl to be raped daily and they are both facing the same jail time??

I don't believe he should be allowed to go free if he is in fact guilty of his crime, but I do feel there are much 'better' punishments – and he should not be given the same time as this other woman.

Who would you rather have back out on the street.........

May 21, 2010 at 5:50 pm
  63. rox

I have no sympathy for Ronald Cummings. I only have sympathy for his children who, obviously, didn't have a chance from day one. One would think that after losing Haleigh, he would have realized that some of this is his fault for being a drug-dealing loser father. He put his children straight in the path of danger with his decisions and with the people he brought into their lives. He could have straightened up and become a responsibile parent to Junior instead of continuing to satisfy his own needs. All of this was totally unavoidable and, once again, the children pay the price.
    THROW THE BOOK AT HIM!!

May 21, 2010 at 6:12 pm
  64. Judy

Why is it that a fifteen year sentance can be given for drugs, and a child molester is given a slap on the wrist? Ronald Cummings has been through enough already. He deserves another chance. Get Misty out of his life and her family, and he can have a future.

May 22, 2010 at 8:12 am
  65. Kelly

The whole scenario for this case is sad. We all know Misty has something to do with Haleigh disappearing. She knows more than she will ever tell. And she is a liar. But what do we really know about Ronald Cummings? After all he married Misty after Haleigh came missing. Ronald plays some part in all of this. I am sure we will never really know what happened.

May 22, 2010 at 9:55 am
  66. Johnnie

I wish Ron didnt have to spend even one more day in jail, he has lost so much. Yes he did wrong, but I beleive he has learned his lesson. Although, cousin Joe might live longer if he stays put right now!!!

May 22, 2010 at 12:31 pm
  67. Kathy

I think Ronald should be given time served and probation for his testimony. The fact that he brought Tammy Croslin and her relatives into Haleigh's life is something he is going to have to live with the rest of his life. The guilt will eventually eat him alive. that should be punishment enough.

May 22, 2010 at 2:05 pm
  68. Kathy

Oops sorry – meant Misty Croslin. Course my father always said, lie with dogs, you get fleas. This man had no sense when it came to this teenager, but losing his child is more punishment than one human should have to bear.

May 22, 2010 at 2:09 pm
  69. Michael Creel

Don't understand all the bleeding heart sympathy for the loser father. Perhaps if he wasn't such a loser and didn't dedicate his life to drug dealing, his daughter would still be alive. It's obvious the poor little girl never had a chance, she had two pathetic excuses for parents.

May 22, 2010 at 3:04 pm
  70. sivia brixie-schram

i feel sorry for ronald, but he knew what he was doing!what about misty, she had no record and was under age!he used her .now he wants to save him self time and is testifing against her,she in no way harmed that child!look at misty!!! so wo is helping her?

May 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm
  71. amy

why now that he is in jail facing time does he wanna come foward and testify against his ex-wife..he must have known all along...that digust me so much. he knew what happened to that baby...people like that do deserve to have children...

May 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm
  72. Ruben Baker

I understand that Ronald Cummings lost his daughter, but my main concern is being that he's a drug dealer has anyone thought that maybe his daughter may have been taken for a drug debt. Therefore I don't beleive he should get any type of plea bargain. This is a load of bull. Since he is a drug dealer I believe he knows more about the disappearance of his daughter than he is portraying. He knows he can push all the blame on his ex who obviously isn't very intelligent any way and he knows that due to her unintelligible lies the law is already looking at her as a suspect and him as the greiving father. I still believe Ronald knows something do to his drug activities.

May 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm
  73. mike

I watch the show often but not all the time. I'm not sure if any one has
    ever asked Ronald why he ever married Misty. You may have covered
    this.I could have missed it. Please let me know.

May 22, 2010 at 8:17 pm
  74. Pat Bowman

Why shouldn't he do time? He sold drugs for heaven sakes. What if some of those drugs went to your family?

May 22, 2010 at 9:09 pm
  75. B

Ok....I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this Sentence or pled deal was a tad harsh. I agree with Mandy....I think dealing drugs is bad but WOW. This seems a little extreme.A few question...Does anyone know how old Ronald is? Does he have any prior drug bust or criminal history???Is there Three strikes laws in Florida????

If anyone know thanks

May 22, 2010 at 10:24 pm
  76. Judy

Thank God I 'm not the only one who can see through Ronald Cummings. I hate it because his mother seems like a nice lady who loved her granddaughter dearly but, surely she has to suspect Ronald knows more than he is saying. I go back to the jailhouse tape where misty says to her own mom "Mom I still love him". I think she was talking about Ron and she loved him even though he had done something to Misty probally accidentally during their argument. I always thought Ronald acted like he had to try really hard to shed tears while on tv. I also think Joe the cousin hasn"t been arrested because he has told police alot more than anyoe knows. He maybe the biggest plea deal of all if he was part of the plan to do away with Haleighs body that night. Maybe thats why he was never arrested he might be giving lots of info!!

May 22, 2010 at 10:43 pm
  77. Melody

I feel that he got his daughter into this because of the lifestyle he was leading. I believe that he should still get prison time maybe 5 to 10 years because he did commit a crime. However, I do feel sorry for the man because of all he has been through but when you have children you have to live your life for them and make sure that the environment that they are in is a safe environment. If you are saling drugs and have people in your house using drugs then you are going to lose your child somehow whether they be taken by Social Services or whether they are killed or take and accidental overdose.

May 22, 2010 at 11:10 pm
  78. kathy

I think Ronald should get probation for his involvement in the drug thing, he lost his baby, thats enough punishment. I remember seeing him on the ground begging for them to please bring her home, and Misty standing above him texting on a phone...That little bitch needs to rot in HELL.. HER and her brother. I dont understand it, they say they are afraid of Joe,but if i ever saw or heard or even thought someone had hurt a child that way i sure the heck couldnt run around town acting like nothing happen. How could she do that? the whole time knowing what happen. Ive seen many pictures of Ron and Haleigh, and he loved that little girl..HELP HIM NANCY, HE DOESNT DESERVE ANY TIME IN PRISON..

May 22, 2010 at 11:41 pm
  79. Michael Truskoski

Why Why, do the people that are involved with this little girls murder get a plea deal, when this poor girl that lost her life to them can't even speak or live to see the world that they were given and still able to live in.

May 23, 2010 at 2:42 am
  80. Michael Truskoski

I think all plea deals should be public , but results sealed so we can punish the bad people that commit theys crimes. Like they enter a guilty plea do not let anyone know what they are going to get. So we can solve theys crimes , but killers can't go free, they killed some one.

May 23, 2010 at 2:48 am
  81. paul

dont feel bad for ronald, he stood by misty but yet he keep doing drugs, if one of my kids disappeared there is no way im gonna keep doing drugs, i would want to be in a right mind to find my child, , well ron didnt and got caught selling drugs. , if he was sooo worryeid about haieghy why is he selling drugs? locl all of them up for years

May 23, 2010 at 4:25 am
  82. Dana

I want to know why Nancy is not giving the same publicity she gives to white little girls, to the 5 year Detroit girl, who was killed by police? The police continue to lie and cover up. They were at the wrong house looking for the murder suspect. It is still procedures you have to follow regardless. If this was a white suspect they were looking for, a different procedure would had took place. I am tired of this mess. This is why people dont cooperate with police. They think they can come in poor neighborhoods and do whatever. I am just keeping it real for the ones who have something to say.

May 23, 2010 at 8:10 am
  83. Penny Boatman

I believe that Misty,Tommy, and Joe Overstreet Know what Happend that night? They should been thrown in the St. Johns river with a few cinder blocks tied to them. The truth will come out!! They are a bunch of interbred lowlifes I mean look at the bunch something is wrong with them all!!! I know that drugs are Bad very Bad and nothing good comes out of it. But I wonder has Ronald Cummings ever been in jail on drug related charges before?? if not I think the poor guy has sufferd enough. I see nothing but a life sentence of pain of loosing his baby girl, For the rest of his life he will have to live with the fact that his bad judgment leaving his daughter with Misty ended her life in a way no child should go through!! Either way my heart goes out to her( Haleigh) and even Ronald I cant help feel sorry for the guy. They should give him probation if he has never been in trouble before! Keeping space in the jail system for petifiles and killers. and STUPID PEOPLE LIKE Joe Overstreet, Misty and Tommy. Hang em!!

May 23, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  84. rita fitzpatrick

who was the guy in the orange tea shirt following ron and mitsy in that first picture of them walking along after the first interview they had about this story, it looks to me that they seem interested in where he is following them I believe he is afro, it just looked suspicious to me

May 23, 2010 at 8:10 pm
  85. Tanja

I personally think the grandmother knows or has Haleigh. The stories changed too fast. First she hadn't seen Misty or her family in years . Pictures told a different story. A lot of attention was on grandma and what she had to say, but was quickly stopped when twine and cement was found at the cousins place. All this was found in St. John river but no body. Was it a staged plant to avoid further questions to grandma?

May 24, 2010 at 12:56 am
  86. Brenda Joli

Please, someone PLEASE find that poor baby.

May 24, 2010 at 1:02 am
  87. nascarblue

Misty is the type that can infleunce Ronald into thinking "TRUST ME" and he did, he is in my opinion a lost soul who has not had the chance to really greive for his beautiflu little daughter, Misty has made it her mission to sidetrack him and keep him from thinking of her as a suspect, her family, entire family is so disfunctional they think they are slick and come out with some pretty wild explantions and actually think the police and the rest of us truly believe their stories, the police are trained and also from working crime scenes know that she is lying through her teeth but have no evidence to convict at this time, maybe they do w do not know and I think they are smart from keeping alot of information from the public, seeing how Mistys family is part of the public why give them the chance to try and get a story together. I think Ron should be given a lengthy probation and time served and let the rest go to prison, he went to work in that night thinking his kids are safe only to find out his little innocent daughter was being murdered, God only knows what was done to her, my Prayers are with her and Ron and HIS family, I think he has suffered enough

May 24, 2010 at 5:12 am
  88. Karen

Yes I beleive Ron should be punished for selling drugs, but not to this extreme, it is wrong, and someone out there with money should help him,I am sure loosing his daughter has been terror enough, we need to try to rehabilatate people involved in drugs, not lock them up, there is a chance for them lets help the problem not add to it

May 24, 2010 at 11:22 am
  89. Annie

I think it's funny that people are defending Ron. He has everything to do with his daughter's death. He's very good at manipulating everyone around him, including Misty. I feel bad for Misty, mostly.

May 24, 2010 at 11:59 am
  90. julie from ohio

hi ron should be punished like probation serve his community they need to drop his bond so he can get out 15 years is crazy i reall y think he doesnt know want happened to his daughter i pray for ronald they need to look more at that timmy croslin bunch on the east coast his wife seems strange maybe they have haliegh or shes buried out there has ronald taken the plea deal I hope not maybe he needs to change his lawyer . and to the lady before me i soooo agree with you he needs a fresh new start rehab counseling etc... i think their not thinking about the drug crimes when their sentenceing these folks thier all about halleigh ron and his cousin had nothing to do with halliegh how can he look for his daughter in jail . nancy grace doesnt seem to care about the missing anymore i loved her show until now shes worried about geting viewers lindsey lohan isnt what i want to see every night theres alot of missing people she could help

May 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm
  91. Rachel J

I actually have comments on 2 cases.Re:Haliegh, not on the drug charges although that is a serious crime growing around the country, more people die from drugs like oxy , loratabs and percacets, usually young, than heroin and cocaine. I believe they should have filed additional charges such as making false statements to police, obstruction of a police investigation, if one of these people knew what happened and with held that information, surely that is a crime. they punished balloon boys father for the same thing and there has been a great deal of expense and emotional anguish from officers and the public alike. the other is the Lindsey case, when most people are on probation they can't leave their counties, much less the country. a 1st DUI is usually simply dealt with, a fine, probation and community service work, however a second DUI would be considered also a violation of probation and in most states, given the time frame, definite jail time. What gives?

May 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm
  92. Susan in FL

I want to know about this Donna Brock person from Texas Equisearch (sp). The blond with the spiky hair, who looks like a boy. What does she have to do with all this? Is she still in jail too? Was she selling drugs with Misty and Ronald and the rest of them? Nancy never mentions her anymore. Please, someone, help me out here.

May 24, 2010 at 4:24 pm
  93. Liz

I am just shocked by some of the comments about how Ronald should go free. I have no sympathy for Ronald Cummings. Prescription drugs are more dangerous then street drugs. Oxy when crushed and smoked gives the person 3x's the high as heroine alone.
    Does Ronald have priors, maybe that is why they are going for 15 years.
    Yes, he lost his daughter but he was DEALING DRUGS, drugs that could kill your child, my child, your brother, sister, mother, father.....why shouldn't he stay in jail, the pills he sold before being caught might have already killed some poor soul, and we are to feel sympathy for this guy? I just don't get why some feel he should be free. I only have sympathy for his children. One would think he would have realized that some of this is his fault for being a drug-dealer. He put both of his children in the path of danger with his decisions and with the people he brought into their lives, his daughter might still be alive he made better choices. He needs to stay in jail.

May 24, 2010 at 4:59 pm
  94. rox

Ron Cummings is Haleigh's father; she was under HIS care. It's as simple as that. He had EVERYTHING to do with what happened to her and he should pay the consequences for his illegal drug dealing. He can't be forgiven for the drug charges because HE lost his daughter. I lost a son in a car accident and, I know, it 's a life-long anguish. It doesn't, however, give me the right to engage in illegal behavior and expect to get a pass.

May 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm
  95. beth totten

I am glad Ron Cummings is testifying against Misty and the other crew. I just wish that we knew what happened to that beautiful little girl. I think Misty and her brother Tommy knows exactly. That little girl did nothing to anyone she was just an innocent little girl. I can't stand watching misty talking in jail to mommy and daddy. That entire family is scum in my opinion. I hope that maybe this will give some answers to what happened to that little angel. I pray for her every night. I hope god punishes who ever did that to her so severe. The only thing I have to say bad about Ron is him leaving the two kids with her when she was drugging for three day prior. And also I can't believe he didn't realize that the cops would be watching the entire family. I have watched your show nancy forever. never can get through on the phone. But if memory serves me right he had a lot of drug arrest before his daughter went missing.

May 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm
  96. Celeste

Ok, so John Gardner gets 6 years for beating up and molesting a 13 year old and Ron Cummings is facing 15 year MINIMUM?

Why test on animals when we have pedophiles in prison?

How can drug charges trump child abuse/rape?

May 24, 2010 at 7:15 pm
  97. kevin

YOU HAVE TO HAVE MONEY TO STAY OUT OF JAIL .BUT IF YOU ARE POOR YOU WOULD ALREADY BE THERE .NO QUESTIONS ASK

May 24, 2010 at 8:04 pm
  98. Terry

I don't usually post comments or even look at websites (just get my info. from t.v.). But, ever since I heard on your show that Ronald Cummings was going to make a 15 yr. deal I have been thinking about posting my thoughts about that on your site. Couldn't believe when I got on here how there are soooo many people that agree that he shouldn't have to serve any time...and that the price of losing his child and the thought of how he had brought the person to have seen his daughter last, into their lives ...is more punishment then any amount of time in prison. Also, with all of that constantly being on his mind in prison (unless he can get extensive help), I can see him getting into fights or whatever and possibly ending up with even more time. He needs to be out where he can get help with his loss and be able to, eventually, go to her grave...if it comes to that. Hopefully, he is now realizing what drugs can do to a persons life and get the help he needs for that also. No matter what, prison isn't the place for him.

May 24, 2010 at 10:36 pm
  99. Alan Marx

I don't agree with any of you. Watch him in the back seat of the police car, laughing joking about getting high. Doesn't seem like he's to worried about Haleigh. I think he's just as guilty a Misty. He married her knowing Misty had to know simething. I know he's nto eighnstein, and he's not very educated, but that is not an excuse. He has a problem looking for juvenille girls to live with, he thinks below his belt and that is why he is where he is. Lock him up through away the keys, and the same with rest. GOD BLESS YOU HALEIGH

May 24, 2010 at 10:47 pm
  100. Lorri

They're going to give Ron no choice but to turn on Misty, because once he does this Misty is going to come clean. I believe they are starting to suspect Ron. The only way they are going to get Misty to tell on Ron is if he stops acting like hes so loyal to her. They are going to play them against each other. I just hope Misty stops being an idiot and gives him up. Thier is not another person besides Ron that Misty would go down for. Thier also is not another person that Misty is affraid besides Ron. Sureley not puny ass cousin Joe. She is covering for him. And the detectives know it thats why cousin Joe hasnt been arrested. Everything about Ron tells me hes the one. Just him marrying a girl that flunked a lie detector when questioned about his missing daughter. That says a whole lot. Keep her happy, make her feel important. That way she wont tell.

May 24, 2010 at 10:47 pm
  101. Jerry

First of all I cant believe the show tonight why in the heck are we having to watch a show about a freak that didnt show up for court when we have this very important story here about this little girl. I just cant believe what Im watching what is wrong with you poeple.
    I feel so sorry for Ronald I think its a shame that he is still behind bars it just goes to show you what a freak show court system we have anymore.

May 25, 2010 at 1:20 am
  102. geniema

I think Ron and Misty knows what happed

May 25, 2010 at 5:03 am
  103. Lisa

I have said this same thing, over and over, and I just can't get this out of my head; I just keep thinking and asking myself, "how can anyone do this to someone else, especially a helpless child?"

It seems to be the case that maybe Ronald was involved with drugs and with drug-addicted people. Dear God In Heaven, why did he leave his children with Misty (too young, too selfish, etc.)

Just like every one else, I can't help but try to make some sense out of all of this evil; I pray to God for understanding, for guidance, and for some sense of justice out of all of this.

When I read true life stories, such as this one, I am reminded of the Hell that I read about in history classes (recall The Batan Death March, The Death Camps organized by the Nazis, etc.) But these were events in our past, and most of us alive today do not recall the horrors of those wars. Those were events which are in History Books.

But this hellish event is real, it is today, and unfortunately, it is not a rare event.

I just have to wonder sometimes, if God takes a day off. Why are these horrific events allowed to occur.

May 25, 2010 at 7:41 am
  104. Crystal

I think Misty Croslin is a liar and I hope she burns in hell!

May 25, 2010 at 9:40 am
  105. Crystal

I love you Nancy Grace! I think you and your show is great! Tell it like it is...

May 25, 2010 at 9:44 am
  106. Bonnie

A girl named Mandy posted this: I'd like to ask them why selling drugs of any kind is more or as much as 2nd degree murder and I'd like to ask why they are grouping prescription meds in with the hard stuff, like Heroin, Cocaine and Meth.

Also, she complained, as did others, that other more serious crimes have yielded lower sentences.

I don't believe that the seriousness of this crime should be diminished because some clearly uneducated morons compare it to another type of crime in another state with other circumstances with other jurors with other laws/lawmakers. There are so many variables there that it is staggering.

Why is this as serious or more a serious crime than 2nd-degree murder? Because his narcotics, opiates, and amphedemines–yes the same class of drugs as cocaine, heroin, and meth–have been sold to hundreds of children, teens, and adults, who no doubt turn to crime, abuse, and suicide to get these drugs, that's if they don't overdose or commit suicide first. The far-reaching impact of prescription drug dealing is mind-boggling. Think of it this way: he should pay for each death he has caused, or attempted to cause, which would amount to countless 2nd-degree murder charges, and countless attempted murder charges.

God! Please think before you post nonsense.

May 25, 2010 at 10:12 am
  107. Debbie

I think its a shame that people recieve a longer sentence for drugs than they do for murder. Yes drugs are bad but murder is so much better? come on people get your priorities straight!!!

May 25, 2010 at 10:44 am
  108. Jan Brady

I have followed this case from the beginning on artharris.com (the bald truth). Art has been on Nancy Grace & Jane V.M.. He does not put anything out that is not said by relieable sources. You can go back to the begining of this case on his web. Ron has a pretty long track record and has always got out of things. I don't know if it's b/c of his Mother working in the police dept. or what... He has always lived w/underaged teens... He is 26.... Misty was about 11 when he got his first arrest for drugs...He has a son w/special needs by Another teen Amber Crystal was very young and dumb when Ron and his Mom went for cutody.... She has paid the price dearly.... Misty needs to come clean...I feel she might since Ron has turned on her.... We will see! This was a receipe for a train wreck...

May 25, 2010 at 12:18 pm
  109. Jan Brady

Misty does nor have a prior record. Tommy and Joe do. I think Joe's is juvenile... I think this is Ron's 7th or 8th arrest mostly drugs then 1on burglary & wepons charge..... His first arrest ( I think ) was in 2002 . Looking @ the drug video there has to be a good reason why LE is giving Ron the deal.... Misty knows now Ron has shoved her under the bus... Will that make a difference????

May 25, 2010 at 12:45 pm
  110. Pat

I agree with Laurie.. In fact I posted that a couple of weeks ago. I think Ronald was there to set Misty up for the fall for the drug bust so that she would be confined and hopefully spill the beans on what happen to little Haleigh. I disagree that he knew anything prior to the disappearance. He was extrememly distraught and freaking out on the 911 calls. He definitely had more then bad judgement for involving himself with Misty and her family, but sometimes love is blind and way stupid. He has made some very poor choices that ultimately cost him one of the most important people in his life.

May 25, 2010 at 3:52 pm
  111. Carrie Carrituck

Oh no! Not another black man abducted the child story. Didn't Susan Smith attempt the same thing after she had intentionally drowned her sons? Playing on people's fears and prejudices is the oldest con in the world. What is being overlooked in this case is that if Ronald was responsible for his daughter's death, Misty would have revealed this during his plea bargain discussion, thus stopping it in its track, her story changes everytime it's proven to be implausable as she attempts to create something that works, and now she's blaming an ambiguous black man and or kidnapper so the culprit will be generic and untracable by law enforcement. When will this all end? Possibly never because so long as she remains silent about her part in the child's disappearance she might strike a deal for the drug arrest and happily be out on the street again after serving a short sentence. .

May 25, 2010 at 11:47 pm
  112. Kerri

This whole story is horrible. Poor girl didn't have a chance. I wish someone would tell the police where she is and end this nightmare.

May 26, 2010 at 1:17 pm
  113. Connii

Ok he gets possible 15 yrs minimum on 100 pills sold and 5 counts and Lindsay Lohan can run around drunk driving, miss court, and whatever else – Ugggh where is our justice system???? Don't get it.

Misty should do the time I can't stand that girl.

May 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm
  114. Vania

Newsflash ! I see posts on the Croslins being trash.. the list of the adjectives go on ... but guess what ? If you hang around with the bad crowd... you are the bad crowd.... Although I agree the penalty is high for the crime, nonetheless, before you commit the crime, you should check out what you are up against should you get caught, because at the end of the day you are responsible for your actions, regardless. Your game, your gamble end of story.

May 26, 2010 at 6:41 pm
  115. Robin

I think 15 years is harsh punishment for selling drugs, but how does anyone defend Ronald Cummings? He admittedly has dealt drugs in the past.. He repeatedly gets involved with adolescent girls. He reportedly has an explosive temper and abusive behavior. He endangered his children by entrusting their care to another child in an unsafe environment. What chance did little Haleigh ever have? He shares responsibility for what happened to her, whether he was literally involved in her disappearance and death or not. Many of us have lost children, and it shouldn't be a "get-out-of-jail-for-free" pass. He needs to man up and pay his dues.

May 27, 2010 at 1:14 am
  116. linda

be over with all the drama,haleigh needs to be found and be put to rest,throw all the trailers trash in jail ,all of them , maybe they can come up with the right story in prison,joe needs to go to jail he a slick little bitch thats going to get away with it,granny had her 5 minutes of fame, she is a corker,ever notice how he pic was right behind her during her interviews....all in all haleigh needs to be found ,put to rest so she can spend eternal life in heaven. so body wake up and find her..........

May 27, 2010 at 1:57 am
  117. AZGRANDMA

If Ron left Haleigh with Misty knowing full well she was high and exhausted that night, then he is and should be charged with Child Endangerment. If Ron was in fact selling drugs and not on the PD exchange or payroll, then yes he should be charged. Non of us really know what happened that night, but since everyone seems so intent on convicting him from MEDIA information, LISTEN TO THE FACTS according to that source of information, HE PASSED THE POLYGRAPH, THEY PROVED THAT HE WAS IN FACT AT WORK, AND HALEIGH WAS VERYMUCH ALIVE WHEN HE LEFT FOR WORK, He publicly stated that he "would keep his enemy's close", You don't see RON on NG everynight talking smack, via the jail or exchange of letters, Seems to me he is the only one ADMITTING and taking responsabilty for his actions. And evidentley marrying a 16 year old is not a crime in FLORIDA. The questions I want to know are 1. Where is the supposed GUN that cousin Joe wanted? 2. Why was the VAN even used that night? And who called who to gain KEY access to the Van? 3. Why haven't the detectives requested that Misty be transferred to a facilty thats at least 4 hours away from family access? They should in my opinion have kept MISTY in a seperate facilty with limited access long ago.

May 27, 2010 at 6:36 am
  118. Patty

I think he might be testifying about drug stuff, not about Haleigh

May 27, 2010 at 10:34 am
  119. Lindsay

Nancy,

Please say something on your show. I watch you all the time and this just doesn't make sense. They are threatening Ron with so many years in jail. They were prescription drugs. He might has well committed murder, he would be facing much less time. What is wrong with this country? They are just targeting him because he has no money. Look at Michael Douglas's son. He is only getting 5 years for all the crap he has done which is much much much worse than what Ron has done. Please Please say something on your show. This is so not fair for him. He is getting jacked around. I hope he has a great attorney. He should do no more than 2 years if that. Like I said, people who murder people get much less time. This is crazy! We live in the worst judicial system ever.

May 27, 2010 at 9:08 pm
  120. Ronni

I feel deep down the whole bunch knows what happened to the baby including the Ronald. None of Ronald's actions makes any sense after Haleigh came up missing. The only way the police would want Ronald to testify against his ex is if he knows something....that is common sense. I think all of them should spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

May 28, 2010 at 12:45 am
  121. Susie

I agree with you AZGRANDMA regarding Ron. Another point people tend to forget was the witness who testified that she saw Haleigh alive when she dropped off the laundry and Misty and the young boy. So, obviously she was not murdered when Ron was home before he left from work. I think it was one of the grandmas that saw her alive then. I also heard that Ron is working on a plea deal to testify against Misty and her brother on the drug charges (which not sure what more he can add to those incriminating tapes?) I imagine that is why he and his attorney have been working on this deal for over a month. Of course, if he broke the law he should pay the time, as he has said many times since his arrest that he messed up and will be looking at prison time. I do however think these charges are outrageous like the one cousin getting 15 yrs for just being in the car, not even being a part of these transactions? I do believe this is because of the silence the Croslin clan is been taking when all knows they do know what happened, especially Misty! As far as Ron still hanging around them, there was a report from a family member that he thought that by keeping close contact with the family and going along with Misty could put him in a better spot to keep an eye on them, especially Misty! All that did was get him busted! I don't think Ron cares much for his life these days, cause a part of his heart is gone without his baby girl. Anyone who states that they would face the death penalty or life in prison for killing the person who killed his daughter shows you where his head is at, and I can relate being a parent myself what I would feel also!

June 1, 2010 at 9:51 pm
  122. Putnam Native

Ronnie BOY has 3 or 4 prior arrests for cocaine, meth, etc...
    Talk about a loser, yep the whole bunch is, ronald is no angel, never has been never will be. I remmber just 3 short weeks after haleigh disappeared there were a group of us at some sand pits off beecher springs road. Ronnie boy shows up with some other young girl, ripping and roaring about how he was teach her how to be a Putnam county girl. she was doped out of her mind! Someone asked ronald if he could pull there truck out of the pit as they had a broken axle, Ronald said sure for a $100, they laughed and told him he was nuts and his response was, dont you know who I am, just call it a donation to the haleigh fund... what a piece of white trash!

June 4, 2010 at 3:17 pm
  123. Stunned

(Reposting, as I did not mean to embed a video, only to link the public that a video that they NEED to see).

As I sit here, I am completely stunned by the number of people who are DEFENDING Ronald Cummings. He has lied as much as Misty (if not more). Please, please, please view this video link below. You will see how many times he has stumbled over his story, lied, and (quite ovbiously), "coached" Misty during a live interview.

I myself, was so stunned. At this point, I now do believe that Ronald is behind this, and is coaching Misty, who is simply just too young and dumb, to even realize what is going on here.....WOW!

Go to YouTube, and type in: Haleigh Cummings Family EXPOSED 0001

June 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm
  124. HEATHER

yes, ron cummings as been through alot loosing his daughter and everything but that does not excuse him breaking the law. how would yall like it if he was selling the pills to ur kids, you would be fierous. i think he should serve his time and not complain because he done the crime he should do the time.

June 26, 2010 at 9:33 pm
  125. donna moore

my ex was murdered,killed on the streets,throat slashed.my two childrens daddy.the man who did it got ten years flat..ronald gonna get more time for selling pills than a man got for taking a life and destroying two more lives.OUR SYSTEM doesnt work! its broken!!! nothing can make this seem right...

July 5, 2010 at 3:59 pm
  126. myranda green

HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THAT HURT OR KILL CHILDREN?I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION.
    CAN AND WILL THE FAMILY BE WILLING TO PUT JR THROUGH THE
    HYPNO THING AND HIM TELL THEM WHAT THE EVENTS WAS FROM THAT NIGHT CENTS HE WAS THERE??????????SOME ONE SHOULD PUT THAT TO THERE ATTENTION.I THING THAT WOULD BE ONE WAY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO LIL BABY HAYLEY.I PUT HER IN MY DREAMS EVERY NIGHT. THATS WHY I DO NOT TRUST ANY BODY TO WATCH ANY OF MY CHILDREN TO ANY NOT EVEN MY FAMILY YOU CAN NOT TRUST ANY BODY!!!!!!!!

October 11, 2010 at 9:50 pm