Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Missing 4-year old Found: Search for her Abductor

Breaking news update

Just one day after little Alisa Maier was snatched from her front yard and allegedly driven away by a stranger, the toddler was found 80 miles from her home. After police responded to a call, which was described to them as a little boy wandering around a car wash in Fenton, MO, the child turned out to be Alisa. Maier was taken to a nearby hospital to be checked for any injuries and she has since been released to her family.

Police and the FBI have now turned their attention to finding the abductor. They were looking for a dark-colored, four-door car, possibly a Ford Escort, seen leaving the area of the car wash. A dark-skinned white man in his 30s was behind the wheel. The car either had a hole in the muffler or no muffler at all, and it was missing hubcaps on the driver's side.

Nancy Grace will have the breaking news on this story tonight!
--------------------------------
July 6, 2010

An amber alert has been issued and a frantic search is on to find a 4-yr-old Missouri girl, Alisa Maier. She was playing with her brother in their front yard on Monday, July 5, when a black four-door passenger car reportedly pulled up. It was at that point that a man allegedly jumps out of the car, grabs the girl and drives off with her in his car.

Alisa Maier
Alisa Maier

Alisa’s 6-yr-old bother gave the description of the perp to police. Authorities are describing him as a white male with dark hair in his late teens or early 20s. They are also saying that the vehicle he is driving may have some front end damage.

Neighbors have been questioned in the area, but at this point, it doesn’t appear as if anyone else saw what happened to little Alisa. We spoke to one neighbor who said that something like has “never happened” and that everyone in the area is used to “keeping their doors unlocked." She added, “that’s just they way it is around here…everyone knows each other.”

Maier has brown hair and brown eyes, stands three feet tall and weighs approximately 40 pounds. She was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts when she was taken. Anyone with information should call the Missouri State Police at 573-754-4021 or 911.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Persons
  1. Donna

It is such an absolute disgrace, that two children cannot go out in their own front yard and play! I don't blame the parents...they probably assumed what everyone else does; your child should be safe in their own yard. Especially since they lived in such a small town, unlike New York or L.A. Then again, that's what pedophiles depend on; a false sense of security and opportunity, I am praying that this child is found before it is too late. It just p*sses me off to no end.

July 6, 2010 at 8:58 pm
  2. Lori

In the case of the missing 4 year old. When does this stop. This has been going on for a number of years and parents still leave their children outside playing alone. I think a law needs to be put into place that these parents are charged with neglect, when they have a child come up missing. Another child or sibling between the ages of 8 to 14 are not sitters. Don't go inside to answer the phone, or start dinner, or go to the bathroom unless you take your children with you. It is that simple. Parents need to be made responsible. The list of sex offenders in your area is public for a reason. Know where they are and how many there are and take better care of your children.

July 6, 2010 at 9:17 pm
  3. John H

I wanted to ASK VERY urgently: HAVE THEY PUT SOME BLOODHOUNDS ON LITTLE ALISA'S SCENT YET? BLOODHOUNDS ARE AMAZING AND CAN TRACK SCENTS EVEN WHEN THE SUBJECT OF THE SEARCH GETS INTO A VEHICLE IN SOME INSTANCES – CAN LEAD THE POLICE DOWN HIGHWAYS, ROADS WHEREVER!

PLEASE GET BLOODHOUNDS ON THIS CASE IMMEDIATELY – THE JERK WHO TOOK HERE COULD STILL BE IN THAT AREA, EVEN IN A NEIGHBORING TOWN.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

July 6, 2010 at 10:00 pm
  4. Warren

About Alisa Maier – I would hope law enforcement has checked the local gas stations. If the black car had been circling for hours as has been reported he must have needed gas!

July 6, 2010 at 10:00 pm
  5. Daryl Johnson

There was a 3 day Louisiana Riverfront Celebration festival in the town July 2-4. It included a carnival. These fairs often include many out-of-town venders. Have they interviewed all the people who worked at the fair, including transient carnival and food booth workers? How many are known sex offenders?

July 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm
  6. mary

I hope she gets home save.ill be praying for little alisa.GOD will be watchin for her.

July 6, 2010 at 10:21 pm
  7. mag

How sad to hear about another young child missing. Keep this in the news please. Enough about Lindsey . She is on her way to get help, hopefully.

July 6, 2010 at 10:52 pm
  8. Lori

Once again an innocent child has been torn from her family by a disgusting monster. My first reaction is to pray pray and pray some more that this case will turn out different, that this one will end with the baby coming home safe and sound to her family. I hope to god they catch this scum bag, hopefully someone somewhere will have a light bulb go off in their head and will know of someone who matches this description of the car and the monster and will call the police. I suppose the lesson in this case is if you see a strange car cruising your neighborhood for a long time best to call it in or get a tag number just in case the worst does happen. It's just not right that this type of monster is able to walk freely among us, Laws have to change for people who Kidnap, abuse and kill children, no more parole or probation, life in prison on the first offense.

July 6, 2010 at 10:56 pm
  9. Cheryl

Alisa was found!!!!!!!!!!!! Safe and unharmed. she was dropped off at a car wash in Old Town Fenton,MO.... at around 940 pm

July 7, 2010 at 12:50 am
  10. Tasha

I am from St. Louis, Missouri and Alisa Maier has been found alive in Fenton, Missouri and was reunited with her parents this evening a little after 10pm tonight. Thank you to all the hard working people who made this reunion possible!!!!!!!

July 7, 2010 at 12:54 am
  11. Myron Henderson

I WAS SITTING HERE WATCHING THE NACY GRACE SHOW.BASED ON WHAT I GATHERED.I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE THOUGHT TO CHECK THE CIRCUS OR CARNIVAL WORKERS THAT WHERE IN TOWN WHEN SHE WAS TAKEN.THAT WOULD BE FIRST PLACE I WOULD LOOK I WOULD THINK TO LOOK FOR ALISA.

July 7, 2010 at 1:07 am
  12. april p.

This is so heartbreaking because odds are, this little one will not come home safely. It's such a helpless feeling to not be able to do anything to save her. All we can do is hope that her abductor finds compassion in his/her heart and lets little Alisa go. It's so depressing to think about what her parents and brother must be going through.

July 7, 2010 at 1:25 am
  13. Christa Byrnes

Alisa Maier has been found safe at a car wash in Fenton, MO and has been reunited with her parents in Fenton. She was taken to a hospital to be checked out and is now home with her parents. Thank God she was found ok. :)

July 7, 2010 at 1:56 am
  14. Daryl Johnson

Four-year-old Alisa Maier has been found alive in Fenton, Missouri.

July 7, 2010 at 2:26 am
  15. Robert lamantia

You talk about the CAR going around and around the blocks for hours.. Does any one have camera's on there house or yards that might of Filmed the car Passing..? Any Store's with Camera's , Intersections...?? We have to Find This Child and any others out there...Thank Yopu

July 7, 2010 at 2:43 am
  16. Jessica

That poor little innicent girl. Just think that could be you or your child right now. If it was feelings would change.

July 7, 2010 at 2:58 am
  17. jamie randall

I am a mother, and feel the pain for this little girl. So many thoughts are going through my mind, i have no sympothy for the mother.In this day and age our children are in danger everywhere they go. Where was she? What was she doing? This little girl has no survival skills,how does the mother know if she is being feed or ius she warm ?I can't help but want the mother to be charged with the worst possible! SHE IS 4yrs OLD,MY HEART IS BLEEDING!I can say so many things.I WILL KEEP PRAYING THAT SHE IS SAFE AND CAN BE RETURNED, AND WITHOUT A DOUBT NOT TO THE MOTHER BUT TO SOMEONE THAT WILL GIVE HER THE LOVE SHE NEEDS. LOVE HAS SO MANY MEANINGS AND ALISA DESERVES EVERY BIT.SHE IS SO INNOCENT!PLEASE LORD HELP THIS BABY!

JAMIE IN LEAVENWORTH

July 7, 2010 at 3:05 am
  18. Sherly

I hope she is safe. I have a 4 year old boy and I never let him play outside by himself because I am afraid that something may happend to him.

July 7, 2010 at 3:55 am
  19. Carol Huhman

Nancy, I just want to say "bravo" to you for highlighting the 4-year old missing Missouri girl on your show. I have no doubt that the publicity you gave the incident, along with the many pictures of the little girl, was the reason she was released alive. I think the kidnapper felt the pressure and wanted to end the situation as soon as possible. I think you saved her life!! Thank you for your continuing efforts for all the victims of crime. You truly are their voice.

July 7, 2010 at 8:33 am
  20. Sue

I am so grateful to god little Alisa was found. I prayed for her. Now I pray for her to heal from this horrible crime! I shall pray for peace to come to her and not to paralize her life. Let us leave this family to heal but I hope they get help so they all can heal. Love and prayers

July 7, 2010 at 9:17 am
  21. Catheryn Shields

Thank you Nancy and everyone who works so hard to keep the focus on these stories. It is so hard to hear and see them but it is so improtant that they keep a high profile so that laws protecting children can be made stronger. Time may tell why this precious child was dropped off and was able to be returned to her loving family but until we know why I believe is it because of all your effort and the prayers of everyone else. May God Bless you for all you do.

July 7, 2010 at 9:52 am
  22. Robyn

Thank you God!!, lil Alisa was found alive!!

July 7, 2010 at 10:03 am
  23. LouieGee

Thank you God, for returning this beautiful little girl to her parents, Thank you.

July 7, 2010 at 10:34 am
  24. Jody

Thank God this little girl has been found! Prayer is a strong
    thing.

July 7, 2010 at 10:38 am
  25. Donna

I'm so glad this child was found alive. I was really afraid they would not. I hope they catch the creep that took her. It's just a shame that parents can't let their children play in their own front yards anymore. It's disgusting, really.

July 7, 2010 at 10:45 am
  26. diane

Thank God she's alive!

July 7, 2010 at 11:28 am
  27. JEANIE COLUMBO

FINALLY some GOOD news!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo relieved for Alisa and her family. We should have the right to feel safe with out children in their own yard and be able to leave our doors open!! I was a kidnap victim as a teen and held for three weeks. But I was adult enough to talk my way out finally...Poor baby, Alisa!!! But thank God she is safe now!!!! We need stronger laws regarding these predators. They need to be put on an island away from the general population.

Plus.....any killer needs to live in a cell with portraits of his victims forever embedded on the walls so he can never get the faces out of his or her mind....EVER.

Thank you NANCY for staying on these cases and alerting the public. Thank you for fighting for victims and their loved ones. Thanx for sharing your twins with us too!!

July 7, 2010 at 11:50 am
  28. michelle lanigan

THANK YOU SWEET JESUS!!! Who knows what that creeps plans for her was!! Apparently, he had a moment of clarity...but he needs to be caught before he follows through with his plan next time. And there will be a next time!!! Get him!!! And DON't let him go!!!

July 7, 2010 at 1:26 pm
  29. JFranklin

I heard on the news this morning that she was found at a car wash in Louisiana wondering around, but nobody knows who had her. I had a feeling that they were going to find her soon. Sometimes I have strong feelings about these types of cases, and I knew that little girl was going to be brought back home safe to her parents. But, I hope they don't leave children that young outside by themselves again.

July 7, 2010 at 2:16 pm
  30. lisette simon

THANK YOU JEHOVAH !

July 7, 2010 at 5:13 pm
  31. Ann Henry

Just released on KMOV 4 St. Louis Missouri
    Suspect was approached by the police,,, He shot and killed himself
    He was a sex offender... So glad they found the little girl... and so glad they were on top of things to find him

July 7, 2010 at 6:46 pm
  32. Debbie

Just to let you know that Jane was not reporting at 6 pm – but our local KMOV station in St Louis Missouri is reporting that the suspect, Paul Smith, in the Alisa Maier kidnapping, committed suicide this afternoon around 4:30 pm – he was sex offender who was just released from jail on June 19 th on unrelated charges.

July 7, 2010 at 6:51 pm
  33. Matthew Weatherford

I would like to whip his sorry ass till there is nothing left to whip

July 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm
  34. Jacqueline Briscoe

Thank Jesus for the safety of this baby.

Suicide is a cowardice move as is crime torward children.

Thank God that baby is safe.

But what do we do tether the kids to us? The next phase is to blame the victims for not being "careful". Is it the victims fault that child molesters aren't dealt more vigorously in the judiciary system.

Childless guess why?

Jax

July 7, 2010 at 7:20 pm
  35. Chelsea

I can't believe a sex offender did something like this? Doesn't the law have officers keeping an eye on these Sex offenders? I live so close to Louisiana and live with sex offenders, but nobody seems to know how to stop these people from every doing this again.

July 7, 2010 at 7:24 pm
  36. Denise Sutton

I just want to know when our justice system is going to start protecting these children. I just read about a woman who is going to be stoned to death in Iran for committing Adultery. Here in the good ole USA we let these repeat sex offenders out of jail when they should be castorated and then shot. I'm happy to hear Alisa's kidnapper shot himself!

July 7, 2010 at 7:27 pm
  37. pat hoops

now if all the pedifiles would commit suicide we'd be gaining some ground on these creeps, cause obviously the justice dept. doesn't. HOW in the world can someone who has the criminal history that this guy has, even be on the streets... obviously the people responsible for putting him back out to offend (again) haven't had their child raped or killed. that's the only way some of these "defenders" will get the message

July 7, 2010 at 7:28 pm
  38. master g

SMITH , PAUL S , Defendant
    7001 WEIL AVE APT G3
    SAINT LOUIS, MO 63119

Charge/Judgment
    Description: Possession Of Up To 35 Grams Marijuana { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 195.202 }
    Date: 10/04/2009 Code: 3245700 Disposition: Guilty Plea – 06/22/2010

Sentence
    Sentence: Incarceration Jail
    Sentence Date: 06/22/2010 Start Date: 06/22/2010 Length: 3 Days
    Text: JAIL, COURT COSTS AND CVC

July 7, 2010 at 7:29 pm
  39. Michelle

As a survivor of a stranger abduction around the same age I offer my prayers of strength for this child and her entire family. We did not have an advocate like Nancy Grace 36 years ago. I was not taken as far or for as long as this precious angel however it is still a devastating and life changing event. With proper counseling and support from her wonderful family she will be able to live a full and productive life free from this incident. God be with this family adn continue to watch over and keep them safe!

July 7, 2010 at 7:50 pm
  40. Mary Braxton

nancy i want to say to you i love your show i followed you from court tv. i prayed for your happy ever after and he awansered me with the husband of your dreams and two great kids i wish you much more happeniss and two or three more kids from my lips to gods ears.nancy i'm so glad this family got their happy ending to.thank you god.i'm glad he's dead just hate he took the easy way out and he wont spend the rest of his life in pirson but at least he cant hurt nobody ever again thats the good part about this whole thing.nancy they need to put Kyron stepmother in jail also then she will talk.nancy tell sue that i love her to i'm glad you both work so hard for all those who cant have a voice enymore.oh yes you can jail somebody for life and we should start doing that to people that hurt childrens.

July 7, 2010 at 7:51 pm
  41. Sue Verkempinck

We are so happy to hear the news that Alisa has been found "physically unharmed", and returned to her parents. Great job by local authorities, and resident that reported the siting of a child at the car wash in nearby town. We were sick to our stomachs when we first heard of Alisa's abduction, considering the unfortunate cases in the past. Concerned citizens can help by being informed, and on the alert to aid the local authorities. "Kudos to all involved!!!! Nancy – you do a great job providing the information to the general public, and appreciate your heartfelt concern in these situations. Continue to share this information so that we can all provide a helping hand, and return more children to their parents as soon as possible. It's wonderful to be able to celebrate the safe return of Alisa!!!

July 7, 2010 at 8:38 pm
  42. kathy

I live in the next county in Mo our local news is reporting that the suspect is not dead but in very critical condition in hospital. There were 2 child molesters living in that house 1 served time for molesting a boy he was the one that shot himself the other served time for molesting a girl

July 7, 2010 at 9:39 pm
  43. Vicky harris

Thank your show for the fast coverage u gave alisa ap news said her great aunt angela reddick said childrens hosp in st louis child was not assaulted in any way a blessing

July 7, 2010 at 10:01 pm
  44. Tammy

Dear Nancy and sister in Christ
    My sister and I were talking about Alisa's case and we thought the abductor might have been trying to kidnap the little boy instead of the little girl. Maybe the boy wouldn't take the bait(whatever he was offering, candy, a dog, whatever) and the little girl did. Or the boy was to far away from the car and the little girl was easier to snag So instead of going home empty handed, he took the girl and made her a boy. You know, hair and clothes. Anyway given the perps mo, he seemed to have had a thing for boys. Thank God she was found, miracles do occur, in Gods time.
    I also believe that God puts even the little innocence children in place in order to bring people to God. The abductor may have come to Christ prior to killing himself and the all mighty used Alisa to do it through. She is a child of God and all of us know that she was being protected while she was away from her family. Please know that I am not a nut when I say this, (just a Christ follower) we don't know Gods plan for our lives and if we knew we might not do what he wants us to do, or be in that position at and in Gods timeline.

July 7, 2010 at 10:16 pm
  45. L.Breneman

such a miracle this sweet angel has been found alive. its a shame our children aren't safe anywhere, not even at their own home. you cant trust anyone when it comes to keeping them safe, nor can we let them get out of our sight. sickos are around every corner. keep your precious children close.

July 8, 2010 at 12:47 am
  46. Rodney J. Leger

Thank God, that this little angel was found safe and unharmed. I watch your show every night at 7:00p.m. central time on cnn and enjoy your show. It's really nice for what you do for those children. Why do those sick predators get away with harming little kids? The court system doesn't care that the children are getting hurt. We found out exactly how the system works. Our daughter who is six now was violated when she was four by this boy that was two weeks shy of his seventeenth birthday. The courts said that he couldn't be charged as an adult, bull??. This happened in a Baptist church. The boy pled guilty and and since he was only charged as a minor all he got was four years. When he's turns twenty-one he'll be out and planning his next victim. It's ashame that they let these people out so soon after they're convicted.

July 9, 2010 at 10:34 am
  47. deborah fornero

There are no other words to describe you other than you are awsome!!!!!!!! you truly care about people no matter who they are. Too bad you don't practice law anymore. Mabe some of these creeps would be off the streets for good if not at least a very long time!

July 9, 2010 at 2:26 pm
  48. M. Musselwhite

I've been out of the news loop for several days when a friend of mine brought this little girls abduction to my attention. When she described her it was just like she was describing my daughter to a tee. I was mortified!! I have ZERO tollerance for anyone who abuses or mistreats a child. If the one who shot himself was the sex offender that abducted this sweet innocent little girl, well he did the justice system a favor!! Maybe he can start a trend among the sex offenders, that being eatin' a bullet!!! No child should ever have to experience anything like that & perverts like that CAN NOT be rehabilitated!!
    I'm so proud that she was reunited with her family. My prayer is that God will remove this nightmare from her memory & she will be able to live a normal life!

July 10, 2010 at 2:49 am
  49. Sherry Robinson

Am I the only one that doesn't quite believe Mel Gibson's recently released rant "tape". She sounds like a very bad actress...there is no real emotion in her voice. Sounds like a couple of bad actors to me.

July 12, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  50. Lucy

O Thanks God for the miracle of the safe return of this child. God bless her and all the children that play innocently. God protect each child with angels and help their parents be able to protect them from these evil kidnappers. Today is a happy day for the worl to get this girl back in the hands of her loving family. God protect her and guide her step all the way.

July 15, 2010 at 4:03 pm
  51. coffee services

Greetings. I like your article. This is a worthy purlieus and I wanted to notify a note to cause to you know. correct robbery!

October 3, 2010 at 7:38 am