Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Nancy Grace Cold Case

Girl, 6, was snatched at Little League game

(CNN) – In about the same time that it takes to light a match, tie a shoelace or hail a taxi, 6-year-old Morgan Nick vanished from her mother's sight.

Morgan was catching fireflies with other children in a baseball field parking lot in Alma, Arkansas, as a Little League game was winding down on the evening of June 9, 1995.

At first, Morgan, who was a bit shy, did not want to join the others as they tried to catch and release the glowing insects, said her mother, Colleen Nick.

But after a while, the kids persuaded Morgan to accompany them, and her mother gave permission, reluctantly, she now recalls. Morgan "threw her arms around my neck and gave me a big hug," Nick said.

A stranger who looked like the man in this sketch was seen talking to Morgan at the game / Courtesy: Alma Police

"She kissed me on the cheek and then climbed out of the bleachers and ran to where the cars were parked, which was a little less than 50 yards from where we were. So we could see them running back and forth and playing."

They chased fireflies for about 15 minutes. When her playmates came back to the field, Morgan wasn't with them. She was no nowhere in sight.

Her mother's panic set in quickly. Someone with a cell phone called 911 and police arrived to help search for Morgan. "We are still searching," Nick said in a recent interview slightly more than 15 years after her daughter disappeared on a warm summer night.

Police now believe Morgan was abducted by a stranger. The case has left an indelible mark on Arkansas.

The Morgan Nick Amber Alert System is one testament to her mother's activism and the imprint Morgan's disappearance has made.

Click here to read full story!

Post by:
Filed under: Cold Case
  1. Maria Lopane

As a Mother of 5 & a Grandmother of 2 beautiful boys, I can not imagine the heart ache that a Mother goes through each and everyday always looking and never finding......I hope and pray that there will be a happy ending to this story and that precious child is reunited with her Mother......It has happened before & pray this will happen to this family

August 18, 2010 at 10:10 am
  2. kentuckylady717

Hi, you need to have a delete button where we can delete what we write .......some websites have that so if you make a mistake or change your mind after writing the message you have a few mins. to delete your message......

August 18, 2010 at 10:30 am
  3. willie

It is so sad that we have to shadow our kids so much.the days of going out and playing like. Kids should are over.we now have to watch out for sick and demented wackos who stalk neighborhoods looking for kids.

August 18, 2010 at 1:48 pm
  4. Peggy Rowland

I remember when she was taken. I moved to Alma just a yr later. The poor angel. Almost like she just vanished. I pray for her family. God bless them all.

August 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm
  5. SHERRY COSTONDE

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE STORY ON APRIL RENEE PENNINGTON FROM VAN LEAR KENTUCKY. CORONOR COVERED UP CAUSE OF DEATH BECAUSE HE IS RELATED TO SUSPECT. MOTHER CAN'T GET CASE REOPENED. HAD APRIL'S BODY EXHUMED AND RESULTS WERE NOT A DROWNING. SHE WAS MURDERED AND SO WAS ANOTHER TEEN THAT NIGHT. MOTHER IS SHARON O'HAIR SHE IS ON FACE BOOK . THERE IS A PETITION ONLINE TO GET CASE REOPENED

August 18, 2010 at 6:39 pm
  6. Cj Topeka Ks

I'm a mother of 3 duaghters 5 grandchildren,plus have been a childcare provider for over 33 years. i watch Nancy Grace ever night,i can not get over how all these children are being murdered,not only by strangers ,but my there own parents.what is wrong with people that was raised with no motherly or fatherly instints. i'm appaude how al these killers are getting by with this,they put all these laws in tact to protect our children yet the killers have more rights then the children they killed. cj topeka ks

August 18, 2010 at 9:27 pm
  7. audra

All i can say that this world needs prayers it shocks me that there are this many children coming up missing and how quick they can.

August 18, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  8. Katie

This story was aired on Extreme makeover home edition with Ty Pennington . That poor baby is probably dead . People are sick. I contacted the mother and it sounded like she had given up on ever seeing her daughter again. She would be 21 yrs old now. How sick is that? God I hate people!!!!!!!

August 19, 2010 at 12:22 am
  9. hazel dolly melton

Nancy I think jennifer love hewitt would make a great detective for Halley Dean because she chases ghosts, so I think she would be the better person.

August 19, 2010 at 6:12 pm
  10. Kolshack

First, I'm not buying the loan wolf theory. The story doesn't add up.

We have a bunch off little girls playing and they have interest in Morgan so much so they call her out to play with them. Now, not one little girl who was playing saw Morgan disappear? Not one little girl who was catching fireflies saw Morgan stray to far from the group. They had so much interest in Morgan to play with them, but then move off into the ball field in plain view of Morgans mother, but forget about little Morgan. Not one of these girls could recount Morgans whereabouts?

Morgans mom is not keeping up with Morgan for some reason. Who is she talking to or why is she distracted. She goes a long time without glance over for her daughter. Just a glance. What was or who was keeping her mind off her daughters activities.

Morgan just jumps in someones car without any resistance. Or, was it a familiar face that all the girls knew.

I' start by interviewing the girl catching fire flies. Find out which ones asked Morgan to play. and then get down to business by interviewing there parents. Find out what social groups they are involved in. Also, I'd find out if there where any non affiliated parties in the crowd.

It is easy for police to say it was a lone wolf. That way they don't have to ask any questions. Everyone knows wolves hunt in packs.

August 20, 2010 at 10:28 am
  11. Beth

I was living in Arkansas when this happened. But for the grace of God.... How much safer do you feel than at a little league baseball game? Alma is not a large city but is on I-40. It would be so easy to slip onto the interstate and disappear. I often think it would be easy for this man to write a note and say where the body is. After all these years and all the tears it would be an humane act from a monster posing as a human. Do the right thing, sir. Write the note and let this family bury their little girl.

August 21, 2010 at 6:45 pm
  12. breanna

the case on the mother leaving the 5 kids at home, obviously the 12 year old boy was mature enough to watch them if hes done it many times before, ok this time somethin happened. ok thats life things happen and it was a misteak , i know of many people that thats happened to before but i dont see them on your "show" gettin in trouble for it. and where are all the dads on this ? shouldnt they get in trouble too, for not hellpin raise them, come ing from my point of view its hard to be a single mom with 5 kids. but you wouldnt know that cause your "perfect" , im sure youve done many things in your life, but you dont get caught doing them, so how bout you quit actin like your mis know it all on your show and be real. cuz you dont know whats out there , you just nag at the people who make misteaks, and mess up on in thier life. when somethin happeneds to you like this, your gonna feel shady hatin on all these people, when deep down thier good people. and i do believe alot of stuff on your show your right about, but i also believe that you act very selfish with some of the situations and take things a little overbooard.

August 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm
  13. Shirlene Edwards

Nancy my sister needs your help. She wants justice for her son he was shoot down in conway Arkansas in front of the police station and his three children saw it all on July 15, 2010. My sister has the kids for now and she fear for there lifes and hers. Please help her the guy that shoot Chris was let out of jail on July 18, 2010. He is walking the streets now. The prosecutor and the conway police want even take there statement. Please help.

August 23, 2010 at 9:56 pm
  14. Jonathan

It surprise me when i read some of the comments here.How can some idiotic people make fun of this case.It is really sad to know that this kind of things are happening out there.Who should be blamed?Parents?Enforcement officers?Mmm...All i could say is,parents,just be more attentive when it comes to your kids.

August 30, 2010 at 4:59 am
  15. sosineville

I am so glad this case has been featured on Nancy's site. I first want to say that this crime is never to be blamed on Collen Nick or anyone in her circle of family or friends. The only person to blame for this crime is the predator who did it. And it WAS a lone predator that night. If you read about this case you will find that those children did see that predator and that the predator also spoke to them. That is where the sketch came from. A man was there watching her play. I just had to say this because I have been to other message boards that try to place blame on Colleen, her family, and friends. This is so terrible. This whole thing has turned my world upside down and hurt me deeply, though not as deeply as Colleen and her family. Nothing compares to losing a child and especially in this manner. I am just another person in this man's trail of creating heartache. They are not at fault for what happened to Morgan, and I am stuck in the middle of this through no fault of my own other than being too trusting of someone. Collen has done wonderful things for missing children in spite of her own tragedy, and she is to be commended. Having said that, I know more about this case than the average person who is inquisitive. I am pretty certain I know who this predator is. I have reported that information to the Arkansas authorities and I have faith that they are working hard to resolve this crime. I am sad over the laws in this country. I feel that GOD is motivating me to warn this country that we must have tougher laws when dealing with crimes against children. GOD simply is not going to put up with it anymore. It seems like the justice system is buildt for the rights of the criminals and the victims have no rights. For example, a sketch seems to be mostly inadmissible because they say it is "hearsay". I disagree that it always is so. Some trained, artistic forensic sketch artists are very good and if the witnesses get a good look at that person, they can make a good likeness. But still, there has to be so much more evidence to charge someone. This case tends to be purely circumstantial and there is no physical evidence. Nancy, how much circumstantial evidence is needed to bring this case to court? I understand that each piece of suspicious evidence could be rationally explained away, but when you put it all together it seems so overwhelming! I pray to GOD each and every day that justice is brought about. I know someday GOD will provide these detectives with the information they need. Thank you for spotlighting Morgan's case and for listening. May GOD bring Morgan home. GOD bless you all.

September 15, 2010 at 9:40 pm
  16. RedHeadAmazon

People are messed up sometimes. The little girl was six! Who knows where she is now. All I can say is that I hope that she is safe, and that Jesus is watching over her.

October 11, 2010 at 10:46 am
  17. sosineville

I know JESUS has watched over Morgan and will continue one way or another. Only one person knows where she is now, other than the LORD. Pray for her, Colleen, and all her loved ones.

October 16, 2010 at 8:40 am
  18. sosineville

Dear Colleen: In case you or anyone you know is watching this discussion, I want you to know that GOD loves you dearly and HE is helping to bring Morgan back to you. Also, you have my promise that I will NEVER give up in helping to find her. No matter what it takes or how long it takes. GOD BLESS.

October 20, 2010 at 1:10 pm
  19. GM

This guy looks very similar to Thomas Steven Sanders now 53 who was arrested for the kidnapping of Lexis Robers 12. Compare this sketch to the photo.

November 15, 2010 at 10:16 am
  20. DM

I agree I have come across the same thing as you very strange.Someone needs to be told of this.

November 18, 2010 at 10:10 am
  21. sosineville

Wish I could say it is a better match but I don't think it is near as close a match as somebody I know, and I have seen many comparisons.

November 25, 2010 at 3:00 pm