Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Where is Alicia Debolt?

Family members of a missing Great Bend teen are on a desperate search for14-year-old, Alicia Debolt. The Kansas teen was last seen leaving her home Saturday night.

Alicia Debolt
Alicia Debolt

She was picked up by a friend at her house on her way to a party but, Alicia did not return home that night. Her sister-in-law, Holly Debolt, said that she would always alert her mother if she was going to be late…but that update never came. There were reports that she was traveling in a black SUV vehicle with a 19-year-old boy, but police would not confirm those details with us.

Alicia was last seen wearing blue jean shorts, gray Jayhawk sweatshirt with silver studs on the hood and white classic tennis shoes. She had a pony tail with a pink ribbon. Anyone with information can call Great Bend Crime Stoppers at 620-792-1300 or 1-800-KS CRIME.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Persons
  1. Annoymus

I heard she has been found..please bless this family!!

August 24, 2010 at 6:22 pm
  2. Dani

Anyone with any information PLEASE come forward!! Alicia has been found. These people need to be brought to justice!! Alicia can't speak to us. So please speak for her and get ahold of the authorities!!! RIP Alicia.

August 24, 2010 at 6:23 pm
  3. Dale

What about her Mom!??!! 14, midnight curfew! Always calls at midnight to tell her where she is and what time she is coming home? Convict the mother !!!!!!

August 24, 2010 at 7:10 pm
  4. Tracey Twarog

This girl was 14 years old. Please tell me why her curfew was 12 midnight. What kind of parents did she have.

August 24, 2010 at 7:13 pm
  5. Kris

Who lets a 14 year old stay out till midnight!!!

August 24, 2010 at 7:24 pm
  6. Heath C.

Pretty messed up for this 14 year old cheerleader Alicia Debolt from Kansas parents to let her leave the house at 11 at night to a party knowing there is 30 registered sex offenders in the town. I just hope the body they found isn't hers and she is ok and safe.

August 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm
  7. vickie

Just wondering if they can link the property where the burnt body was found to anyone of interest to the case.

August 24, 2010 at 7:44 pm
  8. Evelyn

Stupid, stupid parents. Why would any parent allow a 14 year old get in a vehicle with a 19 year old. How many girls would be alive if parents would learn to say no. This tragedy could have easily been avoided.

August 24, 2010 at 7:47 pm
  9. Judi

It is always disturbing to hear of a beautiful young child having their innocence stollen. I believe this is exactly what happened to Alicia and Terry. Both of these children were victims of similar attackers.

In Alicia's case I believe this 19 year old boy attempted to sexually assalt her against her will and he lost it and pulled a Van Der Sloot! Only difference is this guy didn't have the time or the opportunity to fully dispose of her body.

Terry's case is just an atrocity. Where is the braintrust that gave custody to an animal? They should be charged with child endangerment.

August 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm
  10. Sharon Brenhaug

Hi Nancy, I can'r believe all these killings, and missings, and everything going on with our children, and the younger women in this year. I'm so sick of all of this, and wish there was something we ALL could do to prevent all of this going on. This is sickening to say the least. And now two more? what in the world? A fourteen year old, and now I hear an eight year old little boy? OMG It just ALL makes me sick to hear about this. Nancy, I Love and RESPECT you, God Bless you for being so stong to keep us informed of all of this going on. I'm also saddened to hear the fourteen year old may have been found dead and burned, And the eight year old boy was taken by a sex offender who happens to be his own dad. Sick, Sick people. God Bless you and your family.

August 24, 2010 at 7:53 pm
  11. Sarah

My first question is why was a 14 year old girl given permission to go to a party with a 19 year old boy in the first place. What kind of party was this? I think that parents allowing their child, who is not yet even a freshman in high school, out until midnight at a party with a much older boy was the first problem. I just think that the young girl should have had more restrictions, and maybe the situation could have been prevented. I guess that we are yet again reminded that our world is not safe and making sure that children are not allowed too much freedom is necessary. This is an unfortunate fact, but it is the truth.

August 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm
  12. Mary

Nancy, I am from the area where Alicia lived and I don't understand why the Great Bend police department and the KBI are "leaving the public hanging". I understand that there are certain details that they may know that they cannot release becaue it may ruin the case, but because the public doesn't know whats going on it is leaving everyone to assume and rumors are going around town. I believe that if they were to let out a little more information it may help to figure out whats going on. Each detail may lead to more information that could be uncovered. Maybe someone knows something but just doesn't realize it yet!

August 24, 2010 at 7:57 pm
  13. Sharon Brenhaug

This is so sad, between the fourteen year old maybe found dead, and burned, to a little eight year old boy taken by a sex offeneder, and finding out it was his own father. So sad, and So VERY SICK. Love you Nancy, God Bless you and your family. Sharon

August 24, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  14. Linda Ferrell

check out North Carolina Department of Correction Public Information for Terry Dusseault. He was given parole/probation. Looks like he never served any time incarcerated.
    I live there and I have to say the criminals get by with crimes that are unbelievable from DWIs to murder.
    Again another criminal slipped through the cracks and it may cost this child his life.

August 24, 2010 at 8:54 pm
  15. Cindy

Why was a 14 year old with a 19 year old? Why was she not going out until 11:00 to be home at 12? Why was her curfew so late for her to be so young? She did not have many restrictions and it doesnt seem her parents know much about her friends!!

August 24, 2010 at 9:37 pm
  16. jeannette

i want to know why the mother would let her 14 year old daughter go with a 19 year old boy at 11 pm anyways.

August 24, 2010 at 9:44 pm
  17. bonnie

As anybody looked at the state mental hospital sexual predator program to see if any violent offenders have been released? Its very close to great bend.

August 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  18. Jen

I'm from Great Bend, and let me first say that my heart goes out to her family. I can also say that in Great Bend we are a close community, and to comment on why someones mother would not call the cops right away is that because it is a town where you have all your daughters friend's numbers. So it would be more likely that she called her daughters friends first to make sure she was not with them or that they might know where she was. This is also a community were people don't feel that this kind of thing would happen to their family. It is very hard to understand fully no matter where you are from.

August 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  19. mary

I don't understand why a Mother would let her 14 year old daughter leave at 11 at night, with a 19 tear old guy.Isn't that contributing?

August 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  20. Pansy

Why was a 14 year old going to a party at 11:00 with a 19 year old? She may have been responsible but as was said on your show her mother didn't know the last name of the 19 years old guy. I am truly sorry for any harm that may have come to this child but parents need to be more responsible for making decisions affecting their child.

August 24, 2010 at 9:46 pm
  21. theresa cinaglia

THIS IS A GIRL CRIME PERIOD!!! I mean think about it.A 19 year old boy wouldn't do this.UNLESS... there was a reward at the end of the line,like ANOTHER JEALOUS CHEERLEADER.Although I don't believe that the parents are being totally truthful,I think it may be they may have had their own things going on and this I believe may have something to do with why they are so vague and maybe they have their own relationship with the boy and that too may play a factor.However the reason for the burning was to dis grace a person and to defame a person.As a woman who has some awful things done to me by jealous woman I believe that (possibly) if you were to look into the lead cheerleaderand even possibly the bestfriend they would know more than they will admit

August 24, 2010 at 10:10 pm
  22. MJW

This young lady was from my hometown, the same place I raised my own daughter until she was 11 years old. I can count on one hand the number of murders in this mid sized KS town in the last 30 + years...a couple of those murders are still unsolved. I do question why it is so difficult to believe a family (especially when a minor child is involved) and act instantly. Would that have helped save this young lady? Only time will tell but doing nothing has NEVER helped save a life.

August 24, 2010 at 10:33 pm
  23. Aaron Stevens

who allows their 14 year old daughter to go out to a party? Especially where there is always drinking and drugs at these events. I'm saddened by the news and offer remorse for the parents.

August 24, 2010 at 11:47 pm
  24. Kim

As a mother of 13 and 15 year old girls....I just have to ask why this 14 year old child had a midnight curfew in the FIRST place?!? 14 years old?!? Unescorted and unchaperoned? I'm floored!!!! I am positive that her parents would never have thought anything bad could happen but why do parents think that 14 year old babies have the maturity to be running the streets on their own? My heart breaks for what she must have endured.

August 25, 2010 at 12:16 am
  25. Stacy

Is anyone REALLY sure that she did not make it to the party? I have a daughter right around her age and I can honestly say I may trust her but I do not trust her friends to always tell me the truth. Could the friends from the party be hiding info?

August 25, 2010 at 12:59 am
  26. taylor

Okay im not sure if anyone else tried this but i decided to look up her facebook and myspace, she has both, and it says she last updated it sometime Sunday! so she was at least alive and somewhere past 12am that day. and she also had a boyfriend because its mentioned on her myspace. they need to look into all that asap.

August 25, 2010 at 2:26 am
  27. amanda

Did anybody ever think of tracking down then kids at the "party"? I hate to blame this 14 year old girl about lying, but we have all been there. We have all lied to our parents at that age. Maybe this party really wasnt a party. So my thought, track down the kids at the alleged party and see if the 19 year old boy ever showed up later.

August 25, 2010 at 2:47 am
  28. Lauren Pote

Its bad to say and I'm sorry but I leave the blame for this horrible event to the parenting of this 14 year old girl. What parent thinks its okay for a 14 year old to have a midnight curfew and hang out with a 19 year old boy? Why would you allow your daughter to go out with an older man to a party and 14? It makes not one bit of sense! I'm 19 years old and my curfew is 1 am and my parents still want full names and addresses of where I'm going. In this day in age you can't let your children just run around randomly, people in this society are sick and can do the unthinkable. I do hope she's okay. Blessings go to the family.

August 25, 2010 at 2:55 am
  29. SISTER YVONNE CLARK

This is so tragic. I can't believe this would happen in Great Bend, Kansas. It's not that big of town. It does have a Junior College right north and east of the town. Did the 19 year old boy know the parents and have a prior history with them...or was he a student at Barton County Community College...or a stranger to the area? Am anxious to find out where exactly this body was found. Was it found at Cheyenne Bottoms, a wildlife refuge? This so so very sad...my sympathy to her family.

August 25, 2010 at 8:46 am
  30. RIP

What kind of a parent would let their 14 yr old go to a party and even stay out to midnight? I played varisty football, varsity baseball, was a Eagle Scout, etc......and my parents never let me stay out til midnight til I was a senior in highschool. I never went on spring break til I graduated from highschool and went off to college, I'm 40 years old now and can't believe these parents let their child even go out that late and especially with a 19 year old.

I hope the child is okay but it sounded like last night on NG show that it was her body that they found.

August 25, 2010 at 10:00 am
  31. Quinne

This is sad . "Put a camera on every corner " like Jane states. What's going on? We can't go anywhere with out any idiots harming us.

August 25, 2010 at 12:03 pm
  32. Patsy

Why would any Mom let her 14 year old at 11 at night with a 19 year old? Then expect her home at midnight? If these parents were so st ricked, they wouldn't have let her out that late, period! Parenting has gone out the window. I don't care about being the cool parent. I care more about protecting my child. Thank you Nancy for being a voice for those who don't have one. You are my hero.

August 25, 2010 at 12:18 pm
  33. Inky

i am disturbed in how when a body is found the auto response is "no-one else is reported missing" in that area. there could be many missing persons in that area from years ago, and they haven't located a body of them yet...I hate when ya'll use that saying. There are way to many missing persons in this country to assume that "no one else is missing in that area" ...it could be a body from another state, or county..It is offensive to other loved ones that may have a missing person in their family for ya'll to assume no one else is missing in that area..kind of saying. Murderers move bodies all the time, to hide them..long ways from home, sometimes..never assume..no one else is missing..

August 25, 2010 at 1:13 pm
  34. LuckyDuck

Ohmygosh, when will parents wise up?? Who allows their 14-year-old daughter to leave the house at 11pm with a 19-year-old man??? And knowing that they were on their way to a PARTY? The only party that a 14-year-old girl should be at at 11pm is a slumber party. What a surprise that something horrible has happened. I can't imagine the pain that this mother will have to live with for the rest of her life. Parenting is an exhausting, but rewarding exercise. It requires you to be on high alert at all times and to stay one step ahead of potential threats to your child. The mother said that her daughter had a midnight curfew but "would always call at curfew to let her mom know when she'd be home". Huh?? Curfew means curfew. When you have just left the 8th grade and you are 14....you don't tell me when you'll be home. What a tragic story.

August 25, 2010 at 2:12 pm
  35. Alice J Oller

Commenting on the missing 14 yr old from Great Bend.Prayers for the family.
    Does anyone know the 19 yr old she left with? Was he a friend or stranger to the family.He has to know what happened to her.

August 25, 2010 at 3:21 pm
  36. Realisticly Speaking

I am sad this has occured and feel for the family as well as for the guy who found the body but it bothers me that the mother knowingly let her daughter out. Why on earth for one would you allow a 14 year old out at this time of night for a PARTY much less leave with a 19 year old. If she was due to be home at midnight (which by the way is after our local curfew for that age), why let her leave at all. I have a daughter one year older than Alicia and she isn't even allowed to do these things. It would have been differant if the daughter snuck out but for heavens sake the mother let her go. Common sense I believe would have prevented this. I am born and raised in GB (Great Bend), still living here and i can speak for many when i say that as parent we are to protect our children, not knowingly allow them to be placed in harms way.

August 25, 2010 at 4:59 pm
  37. Lisa

This is very sad,but I am not buying the bull that she was as straight as the mother and everyone else is reporting,Why? because you can tell by the way she looked she was no innosent little 14 year old cheerleader.first off she had no buisness being out @11:00 I dont care what kind of student she was and 2nd with a 19 year old what the hell did the mother think was going to happen?PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!! I have had 2 14year old girls and were they allowed out at 11:00@night no they were home where this child should have been.I dont mean to hurt anyone but if the truth hurts so be it. please let this be a wake up call.....................................

August 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm
  38. tiffany

Things are getting SO scary in this world now! I have a 10yr old and I'm to scared to even let her play in my own back yard!
    I haven't really figured out why a 19yr old man would want to party with a 14yr old GIRL. Alicia and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she returns home safe!!!

August 25, 2010 at 7:06 pm
  39. Emily

I don't understand why everyone is trying to make secret who she left with. Everyone in our town of Great Bend received text messages Sunday asking if we have seen her and letting us know the last time she was seen was with 19 year old Ivan Ramirez. Why a secret. Shouldn't matter if he is innocent

August 25, 2010 at 7:51 pm
  40. Patricia Ellison

Re: Missing cheerleader. It might be interesting to know who did not make cheerleader. Maybe the whole party thing was a setup by someone who did not make cheerleader because this young lady did?

August 25, 2010 at 7:52 pm
  41. Darlene

Let's discuss Great Bend....I am born and raised in Great Bend, Kansas. There are many factors as to why it is believed the investigative party of Alicia DeBolt are not doing their jobs. There was a murder at the Dolly Madison here a few years ago. An older lady, Mary Drake and a young woman Mandie Alexander were killed and dragged to the back of the store.. a delivery driver found them the next morning. Unsolved Mysteries wanted to come and try to help solve the case. The investigative party refused assistanace from anyone and the guy that committed that crime is still on the lose. About a month ago, two policemen got into an altercation after bar hopping. The Sherriff Department came in to investigate. Hours later, one of those police officers shot himself in the hand with his own gun. They were fired but no real investigation was done, atleast that was made public knowledge. On top of that, the last Sherriff was under investigation for abusing his wife. Now this.. . What is wrong with the picture here?!?! I have 3 children all under the age of 5. I feel like I deserve to know more about this case. There are people here that have children Alicia's age. Where is their peace of mind with a killer on the loose?! Where is the DeBolt famlly's peace of mind knowing that the person or people who are responsible for killing their loved one is being protected by the investigators? Why isn't measures being taken to help make the town feel safer? Why the secrets? I have heard that there were 5 hispanic males that raped and one of them murdered her. I have also heard that the 19 year old is actually from Texas? Her clothing was found a block away from my house at AutoZone. Why are the cops, the people who are supposed to make our city safe, not confirming anything to catch a killer before he does it again?!? I have two step-children (12 and 15) that live in Vegas. Why is it that I feel safer having them there then in a small town in Kansas that everyone knows everyone? Most of all I want to know how it is

August 25, 2010 at 8:12 pm
  42. Susie

IF they aren't looking at the 19 yo she left with, I hope they look at her family. What mother in her right mind allows a 14 yo to go to a party with a 19 yo? She always alerted her mother when she was going to be late? She should never be late; her mother should know where she is and with whom she is with at all times when she is 14 yo.

Why aren't parents charged with child endangerment when something like this happens? They either let her leave with him or asked him to take her.

August 25, 2010 at 8:12 pm
  43. vivian

I am wondering, why was a 14 year old allowed to leave house at 11pm to go to a party even if for one hour? And why was she allowed to go with a 19 year old? Was he the girl's cousin?

August 25, 2010 at 8:12 pm
  44. Tammy L.

I pray that this is not her that was found but either way it is someones child. The world as we all once knew it is such a disturbing place these days. I truely love and admire Mr.Klass for all he has accomplished from his loss, but I really wish he had not placed so much direct blame on this childs parents last night. The only person who is truely at fault here is the person that did this to her. I pray for her and for her family and for all children. I am blessed that my two girls have come as far as they have so far. (19&21) They have both been a REAL handfull and you never stop worrying when they leave the house, no matter how old they are. Bless you and your family and all of the worlds children.

August 25, 2010 at 8:13 pm
  45. Darlene

possible to sleep at night knowing there is nothing being done. I, for one, seem to sleep less and less. Investigators get to go home at night to their families. Alicia's family have the presense of a teenager that will never walk through their door again surrounding them and still nothing can be said to help the family with the grieving process? Something is messed up with this picture...

August 25, 2010 at 8:45 pm
  46. willie

The question is why is a 14 tr old girl going out at 11 let alone with a 19 tr old guy whats wrong with her parents

August 26, 2010 at 12:56 am
  47. Mike White

Attorney General schedules Thursday news conference in DeBolt case

August 26, 2010 at 1:10 am
  48. Henry

This is a Case of a Mother that should have Child Endangerment charges pressed agianst her........You should never let your 14yr Old child leave your house at 11pm and walk to a party with a 19yr old Boy and then say she is going to be home for Midnight Curfew..........This is further Proof that we need a Parenting License in this country.......You need a License to Drive a Car,Buy a Gun,Fly a Plane.......But any ol Idiot can become a Parent...........I have a 17yr Old Step Daughter and I would never let her walk at 11pm at Night.........The problem is to many of these Parents don't know how to say "NO".........They are to busy trying to be there Kids Friend instead of being there Parent and Just using your Brain as a Parent you know there are sicko's out there and you should never walk around when you are 14 with a Young Man..........No matter if the Kid complains that you are not fair..........Guess what your Kid mite be mad at ya while they are stuck at home..........BUT ATLEAST THEY WOULD BE ALIVE and IN There Room

August 26, 2010 at 3:46 am
  49. LBreneman

a 14yr old girl going to a party at 11p.m....thats asking for trouble!

August 26, 2010 at 5:13 am
  50. Grant Mcneil

Nancy what in the world was a 14 year old going to a party at midnight and they say she would always let her aunt or mother know if she was going to be late HOW long has this been going on maybe since she was 11 or 12 years of age!! i know we should not blame but i think the mother and father has to take some of the blame. i have a 12 year old and i promise she will not be going ANY where until she is a aldult. come on people we have to strat using our heads. i think some of these parents do not need kids peroid

August 26, 2010 at 7:57 am
  51. mh

This is a horrible incident, its hard to conceive of something like this in the quiet town I grew up next to.

August 26, 2010 at 9:09 am
  52. Shauna

Such a shame. Instead of young girls asking, "What does this much older guy want with me?" they are being flattered by their attention and getting themselves into dangerous situations. It seems no girl is off limits these days to some men as well. It seems they don't care how old they are, they just want anything female. It is sickening.

August 26, 2010 at 12:05 pm
  53. Bea

Too late for this question, however, 14 years of age, going to a party?? Growing up too fast. My kids have teens and believe me, party at 11pm would NOT be an option.
    Not blaming anyone as I do not know the whole story, but were I the Mom/Dad, I would be beating myself to the point of a mental institution.
    What is up with these parents falling into the peer pressure of friends. Also, what ever city they live in, is there not a curfew????
    What a loss as this little girl could have made a huge difference in our world once through school. Breaks my heart.

August 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm
  54. dee

It's easy to sit on the other side of the fence and speculate. It is easy to put the blame on the mother but you have to ask yourself......how do you know the 19 yr old wasn't a friend of the family dropping her off at a meeting place for friends, and just because they say party, you assume there weren't adults present. We don't know exactly what the situation is....and until you do or something like this happens to someone close in your lives you shouldn't judge.

August 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm
  55. Binah Hughes

Maybe Nancy could look at the track record Great Bend has of unsolved murders. The liquor store murders, the bakery shop murders, the nursing student by the airport and others...I hope this does not end up in the collection of Great Bends unsolved murder file.

August 26, 2010 at 1:49 pm
  56. Sandra

I admit I don't know as much about this case as some of you, but I agree with one person who said look at other cheerleaders or jealous girls. Didn' t the boy say he dropped her off at a house that looked vacant or was very dark? I have a feeling someone who was up to no good invited her there. Sounds like one of those stupid teenage movies to me. I don't know why they have to give wild ideas to easily influenced minds. Crimials, especially, teenagers, would'nt commit these crimes unless they truly believed they could get away with it. My heart and prayers go to the family and friends in this tragedy. Why, when someones child goes missing, isn't it headline news across the country ? Is there just too many on a daily basis or are so uncaring we'd rather see the stock market report?

August 26, 2010 at 1:54 pm
  57. Anonymous

SHE DIDNT LEAVE WITH THE 19 YR OLD, SHE WASNT GOING TO A PARTY, SHE MUST HAVE TOLD HER MOM SHE WAS GOING WITH A TRUSTED FRIEND IN ORDER TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. THE BAD THING IS NO ONE KNOWS WHO SHE REALLY LEFT WITH THAT NIGHT. THERES ALOT OF PEOPLE BEING BLAMED FOR THIS TRAGEDY WHO EVER WAS THE REAL SUSPECT SHOULD GET CAPITAL PUNISHMENT THIS GIRL WAS TOO YOUNG TO DEFEND HERSELF, WHAT KIND OF SICK MINDED INDIVIDUAL COULD DO THAT? SURE HER PARENTS LET HER OUT LATE THATS A MISTAKE BUT SHE HAD TRUST WITH HER MOM, THE BAD THING IS THAT SHE NEVER TOLD ANYONE

August 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm
  58. Sandra

Yes, Dee. I agree with your comment. I also agree that the police should share as much info. as they can without comprimising their evidence of course so the community can protect their families. Is it true they wouldn't let Unsolved Mysteries get involved in the Dolly M murders, I believe they took an oath to do their job, I hope they have a better explanation for the families other than their own pride. I certainly hope they do a better job on this innocent girls case.

August 26, 2010 at 2:16 pm
  59. erin

How are all the perfect parents today? These comments on Alecia's parents are uncalled for considering they and their families are probably reading some. They have just lost a daughter to a brutal death I believe wagging your fingers in their faces is not helpful or encouraging in any way shape or form. Please pray for these parents and know that there are no perfect parents out there. We all make mistakes and learn from them unfortunately Alecia's parents can't have a second chance to make her curfews earlier. Please just pray for her family and if you have children hug them and thank God you still have them.

August 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm
  60. Christina

WOW. I don't think y'all understand what a small town this is. I lived in an even smaller town, but I DO remember that my STRICT parents let me go to a dance after a football game with a family friend's son who had just graduated...his 19 to my 14. That particular night I was actually where they thought I was, and with who. That OFTEN wasn't the case...and I was a GOOD KID, actually.
    I also remember that despite my parents being strict, I was able to do things that they never knew about....my sister in fact, SNUCK out of the house. Teenagers are teenagers! And midnight is NOT a big deal for freshman in a small town like this. My curfew way back then was 11 on a weekend, and they had to 'know' who I was with and where I was at.

August 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm
  61. Sandra

I hope that all of you living in this community can now put aside your opinions and come together in support of this family. Who ever did this disgusting thing needs severe punishment, and it looks like the police might be doing a better job on this one. Any one of us could have been the victim. Stand together and make sure this violent predetor gets the maximum penalty!

August 26, 2010 at 4:00 pm
  62. Kim

The time frame doesn't even make sense. Who leaves for a party at 11 o'clock when they are expected to be home at midnight? She would have had what maybe 30-45 minutes at the party?

14 year old girls should not be leaving for parties that time of night anyway. 14 year old girls are not old enough to make the right judgement calls and depend on parents to protect them. You can trust your kid all you want but thinking a young teenage girl or boy for that matter should be getting into a car and leaving for a party at 11 at night is bordering on neglect.

August 26, 2010 at 4:16 pm
  63. jackie

My heart goes out to the family of this beautiful 14yo girl. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I am responding to some negative remarks about the parents allowing her to go. I understand and empathize with these parents of a girl who is at an age exploring her independence. Not all teens are compliant with the commands of strict parents that say "I won't allow you, you can't, etc. If what I heard was accurate, she was allowed to go with a curfew of 12 and had always kept her parents informed of her whereabouts. You have to give them some freedom with rules attached and I think this is what they did. I'm sure they are feeling enough pain without negative comments about their decisions. They are hurting without further judgments.

August 26, 2010 at 4:30 pm
  64. night owl

hmmmmm although we can all wish for such punishment it will proabably never come...I have a sister shes a complete nuisance to society constantly causeing anguish where ever she goes. whenever shes caught they sentance her they suspend pretty much all of it and set her free...I DONT GET THAT!!!! Let me tell you something her own daughter was beaten YES BY HER!!! the little grls ear drums were ruptured she was malnurished and had night terrors for MONTHS!!! She lost her daughter of course they gave her 90 day jail sentance 80 suspended she walked in 10 days her daughter will never hear again, will never be right again! This nut case will probably be caught but some how some way he will walk again for whatever reason he will walk again why you ask?........BECAUSE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM SUCKS!!!!! My prayers go out to Alicias friends and family it is always sad when something like this happens. I do apologize for getting so upset however nothing I said was a lie, our justice system really does need some work...Take care.

August 26, 2010 at 4:40 pm
  65. Ellen Penner

First of all, let's stop blaming her mother. You know your child and if she was responsible, then you can allow her to go out for a little while. My heart goes out to her family and friends. What a loss. Just stop blaming her mom and start blaming the sicko that did this to her He is the one that has to be caught and EXECUTED.

August 26, 2010 at 5:44 pm
  66. martha

I am not blaming the mom, but for God's sake, where does a 14yrs old girl supposed to be at 11pm? Not in a car with a 19yrs old guy, on her way to a party! The world is getting too bad, so many preditors, thus being a little bit careful would have saved this little girl's life.

RIP, and may the killer be found and get the right punishment!

August 26, 2010 at 5:59 pm
  67. great bender

i was born and raised in great bend. after reading many comments, it is obvious people do not understand small town life. people in small towns are trusting. people feel safe and don't have much concern about being harmed. when i was alicia's age i also didn't have to be home until midnight. wether you agree with it or not, a midnight cerfew is not uncommon for teenagers in this town. i also recall not being very honest with my parents. i was hardly ever where i said i was going to be and i was usually drinking. don't forget, she was a teenager girl! teenage girls lie! i don't know if her parents know more than they are telling but alicia going out to a party was not that shocking to hear since i know great bend!

August 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm
  68. shannibal

14 is a bit young to most people, but if that's how that family is, that's their business. It works for some, without anybody ever being murdered. Plenty of adult women are murdered, all the time. And also plenty of children who don't get to go to parties - or anywhere else - at all. I bet her mother would give anything to go back and say 'no', though. I'm sure, in her devastation and grief, she would really appreciate the wall of self-righteous anger, from people that don't even know her or her family, on display here at the peanut gallery.

August 26, 2010 at 6:27 pm
  69. lelee

i don't care how responsible your child is no good parent lets a 14 year old girl ou untill midnight. Parents need to wakeup and do thier job.

August 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm
  70. Adam

First of all, You all have to understand, This was a small town that maybe does not have a police force prepared for this kind of crime.So when they found the body they had to send it to a bigger city.This is also why our attorney General is getting involved.I'm from kansas, My heart goes out to the familey.

August 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm
  71. betty

SOMEONE SHOULD LOOK INTO THE CHEERLEADING SQUAD....BURNING HER SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING A JEALOUS FEMALE WOULD DO TO GET BACK AT HER FOR GETTING ON THE CHEERLEADING SQUAD PERHAPS IN PLACE OF SOMEONELSE. THE 19 YEAR OLD BOY COULD HAVE JUST BEEN THE 'VEHICLE' TO GET HER INTO THEIR HANDS.

August 26, 2010 at 7:17 pm
  72. Susan

Nancy doesn't understand why the dental records took so long, but she probably doesn't realize, as I wouldn't have until living in a rural area, that some people don't take their kids to the dentist EVER. Most of us can't comprehend that some honestly can't afford it.
    That may have been the hold up on the dental issue.
    Also, I know that it if everything is being kept secret, they better investigate both those losing the cheerleader tryouts and the 19 year old's connection to the police, mayor, etc. I can almost guarantee that there is one. In small towns, a huge percent of people are related somehow.

August 26, 2010 at 7:20 pm
  73. jojokov

I don't understand why a 14 yr old was going out with a 19 yr old.

August 26, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  74. DIANE PESCE PENNSYLVANIA

NANCY BEAUTIFUL LADY, EVERY 14 YEAR OLD GIRL HAS A BEST FRIEND, AND SHE WOULD TELL HER WHO THE 19 YEAR OLD WAS. SO, I WOULD QUESTION HER BEST FRIEND UNTIL SHE GIVES IT UP..DIANE

August 26, 2010 at 7:30 pm
  75. debbie morris

what kind of mother lets her 14 teen year old leave at 11pm let alone with a19 year old what was she thinking ? oh ya she wasnt!!!!

August 26, 2010 at 7:34 pm
  76. Jean, Toronto

Too young to die and in such a manner. For God's sake, she had not yet commenced living.
    It is unfortunate that she, a 14 year old, was allowed to leave home at 11.00 pm and go to a party with a young but older man of 19 years. She said that she would return by 12.00 pm. What type of party was that and that she would return in an hour?
    This young man knew what he was up to when he came to drive her to a supposedly party. He may have been responsible for her death. Who else? May the wicked perpetrator be caught.
    Parents must be careful about allowing, specifically their young and underage daughters out at night and with supposedly strangers. They should visualize what could happen to them.

August 26, 2010 at 7:56 pm
  77. Random Thinker

It might not be a bad idea to check out the cheerleading angle. A few years ago there were several cases of cheerleaders and their moms attacking the girls who actually made the team as this girl did. Also, the burning of the body sounds like overkill or just hatred and jealousy over her success. And finally it was very convenient that the killer knew that there were no surveillance cameras and the hours of operation of that asphalt plant. A child of someone who works there would have known that. I hope all these possibilities are being considered before evidence can be destroyed.

August 26, 2010 at 8:15 pm
  78. Abbey

is this really a time to blame the parents? they know what they did was wrong, but there devastated and it is definitely no time to start blaming them. blame the real killer.

August 26, 2010 at 8:40 pm
  79. caroline

This 19 year old boy was driving a new SUV, do they now have the car looking for traces of gravel in the tire treads or under the wheel wells? Even if he washed the car it would still be there! Thank You

August 26, 2010 at 9:16 pm
  80. kansaswoman

I feel sorry for the family, but they should be held accountable. The curfew for 14 year olds in the state of Kansas is 10pm, legally she was allowed out past curfew with a 19 year old guy. Hello!!!! She is only 14. My parents did not allow us to go anywhere with guys older than us until we were 16 and they couldn't be older than 18.

August 26, 2010 at 9:17 pm
  81. Jean

Is it possible that Alicia met someone online? So many teens fall prety to this trap...has anyone checked her computer or phone?

August 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm
  82. al

ok , I am so sorry for the family. I have a theory.., Maybe she was setup by the boy who maybe dated a girl who lost 2 her.. I would check that out.
    I know when I won cheerleader at 14, I beat out a girl one year older. The rest of the squad was the same. This bunch got their boyfriends 2 take me on a motorcycle ride and didnt get me back in time for practice.
    The squad went 2 the superintendent and tried 2 have me removed for that. He just gave me a warning 2 make practice and gave me another chance. The squad was pissed but I made every practice after that. I was so young and dumb, I actually thought the guys liked me. ha ha
    thank god they didnt kill me.incidently, I had been taking twirling lessons from the sister of one of the cheerleaders when the 2 guys took us on a cycle ride 2 a church picnic table about 5 miles out. Thesse days people are more drasstic. God bless the children.

August 26, 2010 at 9:23 pm
  83. Hannah

This is sooo sad. :( (
    But seriously people?
    Don't try to blame the mother about letting her daughter go with a nineteen year-old.
    Her mother might not have known she was hanging out with a 19 year-old boy , let alone going to a party.
    It happens all the time.
    Teens go to partys without telling their parents, it's verrrryy typical.
    And a midnight curfew?
    It was a Saturday night, she probably earned that curfew.

August 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm
  84. Pauline Valenti

I am very heartbroken about this beautiful young woman who was murdered. Do you feel it could possibly be someone was jealous of her because she was a cheerleader. Might be another young woman who had someone ask her out with the intention of murdering her?

So very sad the parents would let her go out at that hour and that age without another friend going with her at least.

August 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  85. amy cantrell

I am the mom of 3 daughters ages 19 18 and 13 and there is NO WAY MY 13 year old is leaving the house at ANY time of nite with ANY age male to go to a party AND that WON'T CHANGE when she turns 14!!! WHO let's a 9th grader stay out til midnite? So I hear the parents are taking some heat....well DUH ....No wonder!! They made choices that put their daughter in the hands of a killer. They should have tried being a parent instead of a friend....IT NEVER PAYS 2B Your Child's friend!!!

August 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm
  86. Danik

I think it's very sad......The parents did mess up, but it does no good to tell them of something they already know. The parents will beat themselves up for the rest of their lives. Expressing my sympathy will do no good, but I do so. I believe that when the authorities catch the person or persons that did this, there should be a fair trial and when convicted the person(s) should be burned (alive) at the stake.

August 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm
  87. Lynn

I live about 30 minutes from Great Bend. For people not from this area, Great Bend is actually one of larger towns in this part of the state even thought it only has 15,000 residents. 25% of those residents are under the age of 18. My town as well as many in the area have curfew of midnight for children under the age of 16. These towns are small enough that the crime rates are low and it's not uncommon for a freshman in high school to have a midnight curfew. As far as going to a party, it is also not uncommon for kids to gather for a small party the last Saturday night before school starts. I don't have any more details about what happened to Alicia than anyone else does, but I've never heard anywhere that the 19 year old was the only person in the vehicle when she left. Perhaps there were friends of hers and this was an older brother driving. Until we know what happened for sure and it's confirmed by the police I think that we should refrain from passing judgement on the parents and jumping to conclusions.

August 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm
  88. preston miller

August 26, 2010 at 9:56 pm
  89. preston miller

As s great bend resident To tell you the truth we don't need or want the media. We are all gathering together to have a town prayer at 8PM Sunday if I could ask you Nancy grace to let everyone know about ower time of prayer and help us at this task.

August 26, 2010 at 9:57 pm
  90. Tami

I love the show but I think tonight Dr. Bethany went way off the deep end on the things she believes happened. Maybe she has been involved in these horrible cases too long and needs a vacation around some good people. Goodness, what she said about the 14 year old was very unnerving.

August 26, 2010 at 9:57 pm
  91. Ann in Texas

I've been following this story since it first broke. I have a theory that she could have possibly been gang raped and given the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body in an area that was not gated or did not have surveillance cameras that perhaps it was someone employed at the asphalt company and knew the area quite well???

August 26, 2010 at 9:59 pm
  92. Chelsea Rocha

Okay so I sit here and read seeing ppl pointing fingers and saying why would a 14 year be out this late?why would her parents let her? Y with a 19 year old?...and blah blah blah...you know i was 14 once and it didnt matter if i had my mind set on doin something I was gunna do it regardless of what my parents would say...Some parents have different views on thing...for all the mother that do have young gurl...you prolly dnt know half the things they are doin....Yeah maybe her parents let her do thing most wouldnt..But does that mean she or her family deseved this? what if she had snuck out? Would her parents still not be good parents? Why speak of the negative when a young beautiful gurl had her life taking. Its just not right..What if you were in this situation? how would you feel? my thoughts and prayers go out to the Debolt family. Rest in peace Alicia

August 26, 2010 at 10:08 pm
  93. Sandy

I am so sorry to hear that they found her dead, but like others I agree what MOM in her right mind would let a 14 yr old go to a party @ 11 pm much less with a 19 yr old. The parents were just asking for problems. In my day we were in bed asleep @ 11 pm. I hope this MOM thinks twice if she has other kids. She was just a child yet. Kids are allowed to do much these days. What the HELL is wrong with this world. We read this stuff everyday, but stiil don't think it will happen to YOU. Well it did , so let us wake up.

August 26, 2010 at 10:19 pm
  94. Larry McPherson

At a tragic time Like this, I Don't think anyone needs to place blame. I'm sure the parents are beating themselves up worse than anyone else could. What needs to be asked now is Who did it?, Where is He/she?, and What needs to be done to help the surviving family members, Friends, and Classmates mourn the loss of someone with so much left to live for.

My prayers are with the family during this most difficult of times. No one every plans to bury their child. As a parent, I can not imagine the pain and grief the family must be feeling.

I do hope that whoever committed such a horrible act is caught and brought to justice.

August 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm
  95. Bon Jo

I believe there are other unsolved murders in Great Bend, KS. A small community to say the least. People on this blog seem to know that the Great Bend police department was notified on Sunday and did nothing. No one thing until the FBI came into the picture only after the family went to other news media to get help finding this young girl. Was the police error? What can be done to investigate this or maybe this is not the time to investigate neglect. Nancy you and your team have the power to put pressure on the police department of Great Bend. One must ask, could this murder have prevented if they would have acted on a families cries for help. I do not always like your coverage, but you are effective. Can you help this family?

August 26, 2010 at 10:48 pm
  96. Great Bend mother of 3

I am a mother of 3 in Great Bend, our children were born and raised here. I was very strict with my children and their curfew was 10:30 at the age of 14 and was increased by 30 minutes each year until they left for college.

I don't know why the mother allowed her daughter to be out at this time of night and with a 19 year old boy. But I do know that as a parent myself, we all make poor judgements at times, but Alicia's mother has paid the ultimate price for bad judgment. DON"T be so judgmental as the woman is suffering enough. Just because as parents we may make a bad decision, but it doesn't mean we should lose our children in this manner or at all!!

I don't know where people are getting their information except for rumors around town. No where has it been officially stated that 4 mexicans raped her and 1 killed her? It sickens myself and my husband and we thank GOD that our daughter is safe. It is a tragedy and it should be given the proper respect as such a tragedy, the mother need not be punnished for poor judgment, don't you people understand that she is punnishing herself enough? Get off your soap boxes and give this family and Alicia the respect a grieving family deserves. RIP Alicia, we didn't know you, but we wish your family the best.

August 26, 2010 at 11:16 pm
  97. Kirsten

In looking at various messages online (facebook and the like) it appears she was heading to a quincenera (sp), the 15th birthday party for a Hispanic teenage girl... I could be wrong.

Having lived in this community for several years, it is nothing out of the ordinary for kids to be out and about – it's a smaller, midwest farming community where most people know each other their entire lives. That's also why it wouldn't be strange for younger teens to be going out with those that are seemingly too old to be hanging out together. There are several smaller communities within a 10 mile radius, the kids all know each other, and many live in rural areas outside of the city limits. It was the last weekend before school started – I'm not surprised they were all out....

August 26, 2010 at 11:22 pm
  98. Cara

Alright, first of all stop blaming her mother. Alicia was a very responsible teenager and that's why she was allowed to be out a little longer. Her and her mother were very close, so she trusted her. Her mother just lost her daughter in a very disturbing way so how about instead of sitting here talking about the mother we all have some respect and realize her loss and pray and support her and her family.

August 26, 2010 at 11:23 pm
  99. doug w

the police are searching a home in Great Bend right now.

August 26, 2010 at 11:26 pm
  100. Great Bender

My heart goes out to the family it hits real close to home. I lost a little sister to a homicide. A midnite curfew isn't uncommon. Growing up in this small town at her age always a party. Do not blame the mother for letting her leave the house and do not put Alicia under the microscope and disect her morals. Someone killed this child this young life is no longer all the should ofs and could ofs is not going to bring her back.This person or persons are out there, still breathing with a life. I hope the police of Great Bend can solve this murder their track record in solving murders in this small comunnity is not good and it dates back clear to the 70's.What about the Dolly Madison case. When ever possibe the police would rather call them suicides. The police told the mother that Alica probably ran away from home when first reported missing . The asphalt plant site where her body was found has been there for over 15 years. Everyone in and around the area new of this site right off of a main highway. My heart goes out to the family and may justice be served

August 26, 2010 at 11:28 pm
  101. Ms. Opinion

Nancy,
    I just thought I'd drop some information your way about how Great Bend, KS works. I've been a lifetime member of this community, and I just think that you should know some information about how our little town works. What I have to say will probably be denied, but most of the town’s members are in agreement that this is how it works.
    First off, I would suggest not listening to Dale Hogg, the man knows nothing. He publishes information without verifying where the information has come from or the source of his information. He would rather just accept anything as truth without investigating the legitimacy of his information, which any media outlet should do.
    Second, our police force. I have never seen so many lazy officers "protecting" our community. There are several times that you can drive by an empty lot where two or three police cars can be seen idling while they talk to each other. A few hours later, the same police cars are still sitting in the same position without moving an inch. It's really no wonder why the crime rate of Great Bend is increasing. This is especially true when you can drive by a police car at 3:00 A.M. and see the officer is fast asleep, parked in an out of the way area you would not easily notice. Unfortunately, the PD has a habit of letting go of the good officers they have for completely ignorant reasons. The police of Great Bend have botched several crimes because of situations not being handled correctly. In fact, I'm hoping that this case is completely turned over to the KBI, because honestly our police could not handle this delicate of a situation. If they did, these violent, sadistic criminal/criminals would continue to run the streets without punishment.
    In the end, this is such a terrible thing to happen to such a young person. I hope these criminals are caught and hung. I'm all for a good old fashioned hanging. Lethal injection is too good for criminals like this. Oh wait, Kansas no longer has capital punishment. We'd rather pay our tax dollars for cold blooded criminals to have better living conditions than half of our state's population does.
    So Nancy, this is just a little bit of what Great Bend is like. It’s a possibility of why there is such lacking information regarding the case. Simply, they do not want to screw this one up.

August 26, 2010 at 11:39 pm
  102. Tory

Dear Nancy,
    I live in Great Bend. This is a small town where pretty much everybody knows of everybody. If somebody sees something unusual, it spreads through town quickly; just like the mass texts, which asked for help about her disapparence and if anyone has seen or had any info about her. I do believe you should get more info about the 19 year old. Most teenangers lie to get their way. Thank you for changing your mind about blaming her parents. If you wanted accurate info about the case, you should of contacted local law inforcement for a statement rather than a SMALL town new paper editor. In regards to Betty's statement, It's just a spot on the cheerleading squad, NOBODY would react like that just because they were jealous. But, Nice try; way to add to the drama.

August 26, 2010 at 11:41 pm
  103. Lisa

It does not matter what kind of parenting Alicia was raised on, we can only offer love and support for her family and many friends.

August 27, 2010 at 12:02 am
  104. Unannoymous

Its horrible what has happened in this small town where last week at this time felt safe letting our kids in the front yard. We can all say punish the parent's and Yes its common sense to keep your kids in after 9-10pm but if you are a parent we all make mistakes. This one the family is going to regret forever. I've read in some posts that ppl are slaming our police dept...come on why slam them??? Yes we had 2 officers acting dumb one nite, but what does that have to do with Alicia?! I hope the arrest tonite is who they want...maybe we can let our kids play outside again?! God is in control!

August 27, 2010 at 12:22 am
  105. Rey

One thought... How many of these parties have the cops here been to and instead of doing something about (to stop) the under aged drinking and drug use they tell the KIDS to "keep down the noise or they would call the parents in"... I mean maybe if the Authorities do more to prevent the parties they will reduce the chances of this happening. I know some parents do not have a problem with these parties, but if they had to stop what they were doing on their weekend to go get there kids from the police station they might be more inclined to tell them to stay home???
    Thank you Mom and Dad for not allowing me to live this type of life!!

August 27, 2010 at 12:31 am
  106. hunter ball

there are some sick bastards out there. they should all be burned alive.

August 27, 2010 at 12:43 am
  107. Lee

All the people who are asking "What kind of mom would let her 14 year old leave at 11pm?" are obviously ignorant as to how the world works today. Kids that age are out and about at all times of the night these days. It's not just in Kansas. Everywhere in the US parents allow this and the only time there is an uproar about someones parenting skills is when something tragic like this happens. So don't everybody at once come down on this girls mother when a good number of parents are the same way. You need to come down off your high horse if you think that the good and proper way to raise a child is the same as when you grew up. I'm sure you have good family friends who let children out that late and by your standards your friends should also be charged with child endangerment. We should be supporting the family instead of kicking them while they're already down.

August 27, 2010 at 12:51 am
  108. livedingreatbend

I too once lived in Great Bend. I now only live approx an hour away from there now but routinely travel there for shopping, doctors, etc. Yea Great Bend is a small town but the percentage of crime there versus the population is pretty much comparable to any larger city, and it is only getting worse there. As for this horrible tragedy I have no words. I am also curious as to the parenting of Alicia. She lived in a mother/step-father atmosphere with her mom just recently getting married in June, 2010. The parenting skills of her mother was quite obvious then as Alicia was left home for 10-14 days by herself when her newly married mom went on her honeymoon. WTF? Now, less than three months later...Alicia is dead? I agree...parents should be prosecuted as well the perp who murdered her.

August 27, 2010 at 2:01 am
  109. Cherie

Look, this is the perp's fault. Period. Stop blaming the victims (including the family) – the fault lies 100% in the lap of whoever brought harm to this child.
    As far a letting a 14 year old go out at 11:00 pm – uhhh, nope. Not happening in my home. I agree that it doesn't seem correct to let a 14 year old girl go out at 11:00 pm or have a midnight curfew. However, I reiterate, this is the fault of the perp. How many of us know (or were the person) that was young and snuck out or was allowed out late and NEVER got hurt (Thank God)? The odds of being hurt or murdered are very slim just because you are out late. The odds of being hurt or murdered increase when there is a rapist/murderer that you cross paths with. Please pray that this family can heal.

August 27, 2010 at 4:47 am
  110. 4th Gen GB

Rumors abound – from pregnant by older man to group of juveniles, to hispanic gang...all the talk distracts from what the investigative force is trying to do – find the folks who may know something. I even heard there was a camera in a local convience store with footage of her and some young men. We have a community full of responsible parents, young adults, children...this is a tragic event and there will be resolution, and justice for Alicia

August 27, 2010 at 8:28 am
  111. amy

Here's what I'm thinking happened. Maybe someone did not want her on this cheerleading squad and wanted to get rid of her for good.
    This person had or knew someone with connections to the asphault plant.

August 27, 2010 at 9:04 am
  112. denise

I have never commented on anything like this before. I cannot believe how many people are making comments about the parents...their daughter was just found burned beyond recognition!!! We all do not know the circumstances...Alicia sounded like a responsible teen and seriously...who didn't have older friends in high school??? And just cause they let her go to this party doesn't mean that she does this all the time or that it was the parents fault that this happened. It sounds to me planned out...who really takes the time to burn a body??? If it happened in the heat of the moment I think they would have just ditched her. I wish everyone would just focus on catching whoever did this and stop blaming the parents...I think they are suffering enough without complete strangers bashing them. I'm sure there are things you all have done as a parent that others might frown upon...have some respect. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the community...I hope this case is resolved quickly.

August 27, 2010 at 11:00 am
  113. Barb

This young girl had not even started her freshman year in high school yet. Why on earth would a mother allow her to leave at 11 pm to go to a party. On top of that, they are allowing her to hang out with a boy who is 19. My daughter wasn't even allowed in cars with anyone other then a parent at that age. They should be charged with child endangerment!

August 27, 2010 at 11:00 am
  114. denise

I just thought of something after reading someone else's post about the 19yr old may have just been a cover to get her out...was talking to anyone online and maybe meeting them somewhere??? Again with the burning of the body, it just sounds planned out to me.

August 27, 2010 at 11:12 am
  115. Norma

Have authorities given any thought of the possibility that this inhumane murder of the beautiful innocent 14 yr. old be an act of bullying by jealous classmates? could Alicia have been lured under the premise of a party, only to have her life so brutually taken? what about the "Friend she was to have met at the convienience store? has she been questioned? or any of the other party goers? Bullying and thrill killings are definetely on the rise, by the young!

August 27, 2010 at 12:20 pm
  116. DIXIE ROSE

ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE KANSAS ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE SAY AUTHORITIES HAVE ISSUED A STATEWIDE ALERT FOR A PERSON OF INTEREST ADAM LONGORIA A 36 YEAR OLD MALE. HE MAY BE DRIVING A STOLEN VEHICLE FROM THE ASPHALT PLANT WHERE THE BODY OF ALICIA DEBOLT WAS FOUND.THE VEHICLE IS A WHITE FORD EXPLORER WITH "VENTURE" WRITTEN ON BOTH SIDES. TAG NUMBER KANSAS U G J 366.IF YOU SEE THIS VEHICLE CALL 911

August 27, 2010 at 12:24 pm
  117. Heather

I don't know what happen, just like everyone else. However, just a short five minute "google" search of Ivan Ramirez shows what kind of person he is or can be.

One other person was arrested on Thursday. Ivan Ramirez, one of the suspects who allegedly wielded a baseball bat, was picked up at a soccer game at Cavanaugh Field. Ivan Ramirez is not related to Anthony Ramirez and was on the other side of the altercation, Smith said. Ivan Ramirez was booked on a charge of aggravated battery. His bond was set at $20,000.
    IVAN RAMIREZ, 19, Great Bend, EDUDARO J TORRES, 19, Great Bend, and RAMIRO PALACIO-CASTILLO, 18, Great Bend, were all arrested at 1000 E 4th for 1)ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF LIQUOR BY A MINOR.

Be curious about who your children hang out with.

August 27, 2010 at 12:47 pm
  118. Lillie

My heart goes out to this poor child's family. Call me overly protective, but I would not allow my 17 year old SON to leave our house at 11pm, and I trust him, and his friends, implicitly. Alicia's sister in law reported that Mom was tired after shopping all day, and knows her judgement was wrong. I cannot imagine the remorse she must be living with...and every battle I've suffered by NOT giving in to my kid's risky choices has been validated.

August 27, 2010 at 12:51 pm
  119. DIXIE ROSE

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12:44PM 8/27/2010 AUTHORITIES IN KASAS HAVE LOCATED ADAM LONGORIA A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE ALICIA DEBOLT MURDER IN GREAT BEND KANSAS. THEY MADE CONTACT WITH HIM IN LINCOLN COUNT Y KANSAS NEAR SALINA KANSAS.

August 27, 2010 at 12:56 pm
  120. Krisam

This picture of this man, person of interest, does not look nineteen!!! Is he the man who picked Alicia up from her home?? If not, how did Alicia end up with this other man within an hour??

August 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm
  121. Mary Lou

Got 'im! I wondered when they said a family with three children if the perp was going to be a 19 yr old son, or the husband. And they just moved there three weeks ago.....from where? I think it would be good to look at this guys past, and see where else he has been, and who is "missing", or "may be travelling with an adult male", from around places he has been. We have some of those young missing teens right here in Kansas.
    It was evidently not a difficult thing for this guy to do, and I am wondering if he has done this before.....and how many times. He's 36 yrs old.
    Death Penalty, please.

August 27, 2010 at 2:18 pm
  122. Lynne M.

Why on earth is a 14 yr. old out at 11:00 pm much less leaving home at that hour? When are parents going to begin to understand CHILDREN CANNOT WALK PLACES WITHOUT ADULTS?? Why was 911 not called until 12:noon the next day? Time and time again these beautiful children don't return home and across the country people don't seem to get it – DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY OUTSIDE, WALK DOWN THE STREET, WALK TO BUS STOP OR ANYWHERE without a parent or guardian. Do we need to make laws that ensure children are alive at 18? I know it's hard and a shame but if our children leave the house, they MUST be protected!!!! God Bless all children and all parents, even the ones that don't have a prayer because of the others.

August 27, 2010 at 3:25 pm
  123. Mother of 3

I just have to say that the people who are indicating that this is a crime commited by another 14 year old cheerleader are absolutely insane. Think about it people, 14 year olds do not have a drivers licence and cannot drive in Kansas until 16. Also, 99% of 14 year old girls in Great Bend DO have a curfew and are good people. The other girls on the cheer squad are mourning for the loss of a teammate. Alicia was a very nice girl, but not the type of girl that other girls would be jealous of. Sometimes girls do not always make wise choices in boys, especially if they have a lot of freedom and they hang out with an older crowd. Sometimes bad choices will expose people to a world of alcohol, sex, drugs and gangs, which can turn bad for someone so young and trusting.

August 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm
  124. Linda

I know it's hard to believe but there are still communities with populations under 25,000 that only have murders every 5-10 years. The LEOs are not equipped to handle investigations required for crimes like the Debolt case. In these cases, the KS Bureau of Investigation (KBI) and the Attorney General's office investigate the crimes. The local coroner is often a general practice physician with little forensic. Once again they rely on the expertise of coroners in Wichita or Topeka.
    In these small towns, everyone generally knows or knows of everyone. It may not have been all that unusual in a town the size of Great Bend for Alicia's parents to allow her to go to a party at nearly curfew. It's a totally different life in rural areas. Society operates on a far different level in NYC.

August 27, 2010 at 5:44 pm
  125. Liz

Nancy, I was born and raised in Great Bend, KS; and I have to tell you that I loved growing up there. This is a town that you can walk down the street and know everyone by their first and last name and who their parents and grandparents are and your neighbors were considered your friends. My family did not even use the lock on thier doors until about 10 years ago, when someone broke into their car. (their parents brought them to our house and had them work off the damages they caused) The Dolly Maddison murders were horrible on their own, and my heart still goes out to their families. The two policemen, well in my personal opinion, are not very common sense smart; growing up with both of them. But in the case of Alicia's tragedy, honestly all you people need to stop blaming the family and start showing respect. They lost their baby to someone who JUST moved to Great Bend.

August 27, 2010 at 6:11 pm
  126. Kelly Williams

I would like to know why her parents allowed her to leave the house at 11:00 at night with a 19 year old boy, whether or not he has nothing to do with this, she is only 14.......Also how old is Adam's girlfriend....is she that young that he has a party with teenagers, or does his live in girlfriend have younger siblings that are hanging out and partying at there house???????

August 27, 2010 at 7:34 pm
  127. Lynette Hofer

Ok I'm from Great Bend and I have seen several comments about checking with the other cheerleaders because it might have been some kind of mean girl plot because of jealousy. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN GREAT BEND. Say what you want about a smallish Kansas town but stuff like that doesn't happen. If there were girls jealous about not making the cheerleading team they would spread rumors or start a physical fight, that's just how it is. Also yes Great Bend does have some unsolved murders but look at the number of murders we've had in total...not that many compared to most cities. My heart goes out to the family and I sincerely hope this can be solved quickly.

August 27, 2010 at 7:42 pm
  128. flutter1

check out Longoria's suit against the state of Texas while he was incarcerated.

August 27, 2010 at 8:13 pm
  129. mike c.

The reason Unsolved Mysteries was not allowed to film murder episode at Dolly Madison outlet was not law enforcements fault. Dolly Madison refused to let them, did not want bad publicity, throwing a small city crime under the bus was no problem for large corporation.

August 27, 2010 at 8:43 pm
  130. Debbie

I have to agree with just about all the comments on here. What kind of parent allows there 14 year old to leave the house at 11pm. Come on use your brains!!!

August 27, 2010 at 9:42 pm
  131. Doneta

The car that LE confiscated was similar to the one that she reportedly left in with the 19yo, they were both black SUVs. It seems that some of the girls in this town for some reason like attracting older men. I have a niece that is 14 and she has been talking to 26 year old men and possibly older but definately older than she should be having anything to do with. I wish I could get it through her head that if a man, like the 36 yo in this case, is looking at them and talking to them and wanting to spend time with them it isn't because they want a platonic relationship with her. I am so mortified at this happening in my town, the town I have lived in all my life. It seems to me that a person who would do something this horrific has definately got to be a socio-path. I heard that she might have been pregnant and maybe that was motive, or that he was afraid she was going to tell someone they had sex, that alone would be enough to send him back to prison. Some of the girls in this town think that they can handle any situation and they get in over their heads and something like this can happen. That is exactly what I am afraid of with my niece. Thank you for all you are doing to shine a light on this case and others like it.

August 27, 2010 at 9:51 pm
  132. Michael Warner

Nancy first off i love your show. but i was thinking, the man in custody regarding ms. debolt def has the mo of a predator but even if the police searched his home, vehicles and everything without having postive proof tht he killed her he could have ran in fear. Nancy some people just dont like law enforcement agencys. Ok the man has a background for robbery and flight but nothing similar to this. im not taking his side because both of my fathers commited sexual crimes on my sisters and my bio father raped my mother but nancy sometime people decide to run because of their past. The man probably commited the crime but theres still a possibility he didnt and as a 20 year old army vet i can say the internet can be misleading ive gotten on my myspace and my facebook and found requests from girls claiming to be 19 but are 13 and 14 i just delete them but numbers can be passed through myspace as well. He probably got her number from facebook or myspace and tracked her down or being tht her parents knew exactly where his home was maybe theres a deeper connection between the familys, this isnt exactly some random type of crime it would have taken extensive time to plan the burning and execution.As for motive of the crime sex, revenge, even jealousy of her fathers job, my dad molested my sister because my mom didnt pay him any attention and my sister acted provacative my sister was 16. and now my sister still talks to him and just brought my nephew newborn around him. My point is Nancy that the man might not have killed her for sex but that is a good possibility.

August 27, 2010 at 9:57 pm
  133. E

First of all, the parents are going through enough. It doesn't matter what time this girl's curfew was or who she was going out with. This 19 year old could have been a friend of the family's for YEARS! Come on folks! You're not really stupid enough to believe that you really ever KNOW someone in and out. Hello!?!? BTK killer, anyone?? WAKE UP!

I believe someone asked what kind of party she was going to. She was headed to a quincinera.

Secondly, I'm from Great Bend and the GBPD and KBI have to be tight-lipped because Great Bend is a VERY small town. The rumor mill is a churnin'! I'm surprised they have anybody in connection with Alicia's murder to be honest. GBPD screwed up the Dolly Madison murder's crime scene so bad KBI couldn't even process it. I'm glad GBPD learned to stay out of the way on this one.

Don't judge the parents. They're going through enough. This could've happened one day after school just as easily as it did that night. Her parents did not physically take Alicia's life from her. They are not ultimately responsible for her death. Try to put yourselves in Alicia's parent's shoes. They're torturing themselves enough. They are the ones waking up each day with the "what if" thoughts. It's easy to judge, but instead pray for justice. Pray that God bring her murderer(s) to justice.

Alicia, walk with God now child and let all be healed. I'm praying for your family each and every day and pray justice is served the best it can be here on earth.

August 27, 2010 at 10:16 pm
  134. Big Mack

What kind of mother let her 14 yr. old girl conversate with a 36yr. anyway. They shouldn't have nothing to talk about. I don't think the 19yr. old even exist. Her mom is unfit for not checking to who she was wit, are maybe she knew, didn't she go to his house looking for her? Maybe she's just one of them kind of moms that don't give a damn about who they kid be with.

August 28, 2010 at 12:58 am
  135. south texas guy

i know this pathedic indivisual me him and another freind of mine were freinds from the age of 15-21.this guy is a compulsive lier and a con artist and seriously has mental issues.ive got lots of dirt on this idiot im suprised he was out of prison since the last time i saw him was at a lawyers party and soon after that i heard he was arrested in connection with a robbery get this,the the bank he robbed was across the street from where he lived.oh ive got lots more but seriously he is very capable of comiting this act.what really pisses me of is that he has been in and out of prison and he serves 7 years in the federal pen.THEIR IS SOMTHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE TEXAS JUDICIAL SYSTEM THIS ONE IS ON YALL!

August 28, 2010 at 1:12 am
  136. Allyson

I understand that this is a very tough time for the family of Alicia...but why was she allowed to leave at 11:00 on a Saturday with the "19 year old to go to party" in the first place? I'm very confused. She should have been going to bed at that time! What kind of party did the parents think she was going to? Probably not one with a moon bounce and magicians!

August 28, 2010 at 2:41 am
  137. anonymous

It is Not the mothers fault so stop with the blaming. many teens have a midnight curfew and many more have even later than that. we dont know the circumstances of the 19 year old. maybe the family had met him before or maybe he was a family friend. you people are sick who are up here trying to blame the mother. obviously they all trusted each other so a midnight curfew was fine. somehow she ended up with this 36 year old bastard. he is the one to blame. he should burn in hell.

August 28, 2010 at 9:23 am
  138. Amanda Nelson

Longoria is NOT a father of two, i believe those children are his girlfriend"s kids.

August 28, 2010 at 12:16 pm
  139. Tonya

CONVICT THE MOTHER, TOO! I have a 15 y/o daughter and I don't let her leave the house with ANY GUY that is not family to go ANYWHERE! Even if i did, her curfew would not be midnight! She also would not be going to a party UNLESS i knew for sure there would be NO ALCOHOL and have RESPONSIBLE ADULT SUPERVISION! This mother should go to jail as well as the murderer b/c she helped in the death of her child!

August 28, 2010 at 12:43 pm
  140. Pilar

I still think they need to look into the boyfriend, who happens to be 19. oh, and if you check out his fb page one of his profile pictures is of him branishing a gun.

August 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm
  141. ann

All of you pointing fingers of blame at the parents should be ashamed of yourselves.

My heart goes out to her family and friends.

August 28, 2010 at 4:10 pm
  142. lori

i blame the mother for letting her 14 year old daughter leave with 19 year old at 11pm! Dont care if it was a small town or a family friend-–that little girl should be at home at that time of night. My 15 year old son would not be allowed to leave this house to go to a party without me talking to the parents of the person who was giving the party. Crime happens in small towns too. The police need to look into why the mom let her daughter leave with a 19 year old and if that mom walked her to the car to make sure she knew who she was leaving with at that time of night!

August 28, 2010 at 6:11 pm
  143. Carol

I've been wondering if this girl had more than one encounter with this guy, perhaps she was pregnant from him, confronted him with that information and being that he is married and has children of his own, decided she was too much of a "problem" for him and this is why after he murdered her, he burned her body - to try to cover up the evidence of her pregnancy that would have linked him to her. This is such a horrible situation and I only hope that justice is served. My prayers go out to the victim's family and the wife & children of this man whose lives have been changed forever.

August 28, 2010 at 8:52 pm
  144. momof2

That is rediculous that a forteen-year-old was allowed out of the house late at night on a regular basis. The mother was playing with a fire!!! The mother had no rules for the girl, probably, from the time her daughter was a little baby, and look what it has led to. Unfortunately, the mother has ended up paying the highest price ever!!! If teenagers have no brains at this age then adults must. In this case the adults had none either.

August 28, 2010 at 9:08 pm
  145. painthorse

The eh um 19 year old, was the 36 year old, dugh, kids lie to their parents to get out and have a good time. That creep decided to rape her and she did n't want that old dude, so he offed her, what a super creep, i hope that loser gets the death penalty, tho not sure the penalty in Kansas???Look out creep, DNA will sink your nasty rump!!!!!!

August 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm
  146. Crystal

@ Susan That is an ignorant comment if I ever read one.

I'm FROM Great Bend. We have dentists. Plenty of them actually. We don't have the police or the investigative unit that is properly equipped to handle something like this.

On top of that the 19 year old has not been named in the crime at all other than she "possibly" left with him. He even stated he had not seen her since Wednesday. Now, in a small town like this rumors start spreading faster than the truth.

So, honestly, how do we even know this man was even INVOLVED. Until named otherwise.

Whereas, I agree even myself that she should not have been out at 11 p.m. it is not uncommon for kids to run around at that age in this city because parents around here think things like this could never happen.

We have PLENTY of unsolved murders. But, for all the ones blaming the police department. Great Bend doesn't have the finest officers but have people ever stopped to consider in this size of town we don't have the tools needed to do so.

Also, the Attorney General could possibly be involved becuase of this girls age. And, how brutally she was murdered. My heart does go out to Alicia's family though. I don't care who you are. Nobody deserves for this to happen to them.

R.I.P. Alicia.

August 29, 2010 at 7:34 pm
  147. Patricia Jones

the minister phelps from topeka was protesting dubolts prayer session today in great bend. He has no right to call her those bad names Phelps should not be allowed to do what he does to people especially her family and friend who miss her so much

August 29, 2010 at 8:21 pm
  148. Teddra Clemons

It is unfortunate that this had to happen to this Child. As the mother of a 14 year old daughter, I can NOT imagine what type of home life this child had being allowed to leave the house at 11pm! With a 19 year old MAN. I will say that this horrible crime is being discussed with our daughter, and it helps back up our rules. I will say I am disgusted hearing everyone act as if she is an adult, and being allowed to go to parties so late at night is normal! It is NOT.

August 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm
  149. Ang

This is a terrible tragedy and the family is in my prayers. To all of you who are judging the decisions of the parents maybe in this time of heartache you should be lifting them up in prayer. As parents we have to try to make the best decisions we can for our children but even in doing this awful things can happen. If you don't have all the facts don't Judge just pray!

August 29, 2010 at 10:52 pm
  150. Sarah

It is so frustarting to see people blame the parents, yes they shouldn't have had her out so late....but that does not give the person a right to kill and murder her. She could have been waling down the street naked and that still doesn't give anyone the right to hurt her. I'm sure the parents regret letting her out so late, but it is ultimately the offenders fault!!

August 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm
  151. Sarah

On another note...everyone is entitiled to their opinion...but Theresa, seriously? A 19 year old boy wouldn't do this on his own.....hello...it happens all the time....it would just be going off the trail if they looked to anything you suggested.....sorry, but that comment just boggled my mind!!
    The 19 year old boy may have been a friend for a while and that may be why the parents let her go out late....maybe they thought he would protect her....the only blame here is the guy who murdered her...

August 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm
  152. Jan123v

at 14 i had to be in when the street lights came on anyone remember them days?

August 30, 2010 at 6:37 pm
  153. Judy

I grew up in a small Kansas town, not far from Great Bend, KS. If you did not grow up in a small trusting community you have no idea what goes on. City people have no idea what it is like!!! Give the Mother a break for God's sake, she is feeling bad enough the way it is and to have all of you people pass judgement without knowing what really went on is ludricous. What matters is that this young innocent girl was brutally murdered. All of you that have young daughters need to stop and think for a minute, how would you feel if all of these do gooders were passing judgement on you. What matters is finding Alicia's killer and bringing him or them to justice. Death is to good, eye for an eye. They need to feel the pain she felt. My prayers are going out each and every day to Alicia's family. May God Bless them and keep them strong throughout this tragedy.

August 30, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  154. Chris

I am from a small town close by there I used to hang out in great bend on weekends in jr/sr high. First it makes me sick that you people can judge the parents. Of course I am sure none of you could ever thinking of anything you ever did with your children that could of ended with them being hurt or worse. No one is a perfect parent and if you say you are you are only lieing to yourself. Maybe you all that are blaming the parents should blame the sick and twisted person that could look at a girl so young and the end her life shouldnt that be the person we blame and not the parents?!?! Great Bend is a very close community when I would go there we used to drive up and down main until 1230 or 1 never any major problems. so i it isnt like your big towns where you dont know your next door neighbor. God be with the family.

August 31, 2010 at 1:47 am
  155. janet

Why wwould any parent let their 14 year child go to a party at 11pm? Don't these parents even care? This is a child not an adult. If her parents have anymore children the state should diffently remove them from the home for their own safety. I just can't imagine what they were thinking letting this happen.

August 31, 2010 at 2:42 am
  156. Kristii

I totally agree with all these opinions..i would not let my 14 year old child out and about running around... i would be a bad parent.. i couldnt let my child have a curfew that late esspecially with a parent chaperone..no way.. but this is tragic... unbearable...

August 31, 2010 at 3:57 am
  157. a thought

Has anyone checked out what the perp actually mailed to Texas? Maybe the clothing he was wearing or evidence that could connect him to his crime.

August 31, 2010 at 11:20 am
  158. AngelMom09

It's not her parents fault that their kid was murdered. Maybe she was going to a party where family was or something. This is what makes me sick. We should be focusing on finding the sick person who did this to such a beautiful girl, not putting blame on a family who is mourning the death of their baby. R.I.P Alicia<3

August 31, 2010 at 11:40 am
  159. Chelsea

You know what. I live in Great Bend, Ks and have since I was 8 years old. For those of you that are asking why was a 14 year old out at 11pm. A very sick person did this to this girl, and by asking questions about why she was out late, does NOT give someone the right to murder her! Great Bend used to be a safe community where you could be out that late at that age. When I was 14 my curfew wasn't until midnight, and most of my friends were aloud to be out that late as well. So instead of trying to blame her parents and talk crap because she was out "late" let it be and let her family be. Her being out late has nothing to do with some sick pervert murdering her. You should be ashamed for not having sympathy and just worrying about why did her parents do this or not do this, instead of asking who did this to this 14 year old girl, and praying for the community and the family!

August 31, 2010 at 1:50 pm
  160. Chelsea

lelee- Shut up. If you ppl are just going to talk crap on this girl and her family you really should just stop following the case. Once again I am a 21 year old that LIVES in Great Bend ks, and you have no idea what a tragedy this is to our community. STOP pointing the fingers at her parents! That may not have been the best decision as a parent to some of you, but to other parents that is just fine to let there child be out at 11pm, which really isn't that late. Your parents trusting you DOESN'T CALL FOR SOMEONE TO MURDER YOU!

August 31, 2010 at 1:55 pm
  161. km

So many of the people in this thread are in denial about the actions of their own children, especially the ones who claim they never let their child out EVER, in their ENTIRE life EVER. Oh get over yourselves. I know you NEVER ever in your ENTIRE LIFE ever made an exception. EVER.

And no, I do not remember "them" days but I do believe I could hear about "those" days. It is too bad that syntax errors aren't as easily underlined in red in this forum posting. Oh wait– they are.

September 2, 2010 at 11:42 pm
  162. Kristi Perrone - Modesto CA

I agree! Small town or NYC, no 14 year old should be out and about calling in at curfew time. I am sure her mom feels guilty and horrible about what happened. My heart goes out to her so much, but really, it is her fault. My daughter cannot walk down the street to her friends house unless the mom is home, expecting her arrival, and she calls when she gets there. Usually I just drive her. It is so crazy to think that this pretty girl was allowed so much freedom – unsupervised freedom – that is what allowed a freak access to her.

September 3, 2010 at 5:48 pm
  163. Gindroz Robert J. / las vegas

tonya and big mac are so right. the mother should be prosecuted
    she knew where this felon was living. She knew her daughter has
    contact with him by phone and texts. she knew she was going to his house a quarter mile away. She did not bother to check who picked the girl up at 11pm. SO WHY DIDNT SHE GO OR EVEN WALK TO HIS
    HOUSE AFTER CURFEW WAS PAST ? SHE DID NOT CALL THE COPS UNTIL THE MORNING.
    THAT GIRL DID NOT HAVE TO DIE IN THIS ATROCIOUS WAY ?

September 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm
  164. Farrell

I think the parents are partly and fault. Why would the parents let her date a 19 year old and have contact with a 36 year old. Letting a 14 year old stay out that late and go to parties is unheard of. I think they had no control of her or they did not guide her as aparent should. I am sorry for their lose but they need to share some of the responsibility for the outcome because they did not act as parents should. She as a child needs to be questioned about where she is going and who she is going with and the decision to let her go should be by the parents and not a child. What he did is completely sick and he needs to pay.

September 7, 2010 at 7:25 pm
  165. Ona Fisher

Nancy, why do you think parents of 2 year olds that go missing should be charged with neglect, yet we should have pity on the parents of Alicia, who let her go out at 11p.m., without even really knowing who she was going with. I am raising a 17 year old and I would NOT let her go out a 11, especially if her curfew was 12.
    I am sorry for the parent's loss, but where were their heads.

September 7, 2010 at 8:00 pm
  166. Donna

You do not have your facts straight-This man was NOT a father of 2-Those kids belonged to his pen pal who wrote him while he was in a TX prison and allowed him to come move in with her and 2 kids (ages 10 and 11) She met him on some prison website.

Kansas has NEVER carried out a lethal injection at this point even though we have about 12-14 on death row who have committed horrible crimes.

September 7, 2010 at 9:30 pm
  167. Kayla Smith

Ok everyone is saying stuff about the parents but its not there fault! Yeah i wouldn't let my child out till midnight when he gets fourteen especially with someone five years older but every parent is different so stop hatin on the parents its good to have a parents trust they didn't know this would happen! Give them a break this is a horrible time for them. My greatest apologises to the family of this girl. But i believe that the investigators should investigate everyone the parents, cheerleading squad, her boyfriend, anyone that was at the party, and even the people that had any kind of problem with her. I just dont understand why anyone would do this to anyone its ridiculous uncalled for!

September 8, 2010 at 3:16 am
  168. outraged

Okay, I appreciate all the different points of view, but the bottom line is a PARENT is solely responsible for any child under the age of 18. Sure all members of a community should act to protect the children, but the one single source that can monitor and protect any child is the PARENT(S)!!!!! Making good decisions as a parent can literally save the life of a child. One fact remains, had Alicia been told "no" and raised to obey her mother she would still be alive today. No one can argue that fact. If Alicia was told "no" and kept at home that evening should would still be alive. I am not saying this to point blame, but rather to caution all who think it was okay to let her go that it is "someone else's fault". You had better not take that risk with your own children or you may be planning a funeral as well. Wake up people, if you don't protect your own children by reducing risks then they are fair game for any sick or criminal minded freak out there. "No" at home would have saved Alicia's life. Further what is with the lady that brought the jerk to town to begin with. Poor judgement on her part huh? Gotta love those on-line match services. Odds of something bad happening was way beyond what I would have risked as a parent. Very sad, sincerely sorry for all involved, but keeping Alicia home that night would have saved her life. As a parent you have to ask yourself that question everytime a child leaves your home....did I make the decision that provides peace of mind they are safe in my care and they will return safe and sound.

September 8, 2010 at 3:11 pm
  169. teresa

SHUT up you people defending the mom. This girl would NOT be dead if the mom had been a mom! You youngsters have no idea what you're flapping off about. MAYBE when you have kids you will vigilantly guard their well being. This so called mother COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FAILED to do her duty and OBLIGATION!!! YOU DO NOT LET A DAUGHTER RUN AROUND WITH ANYONE AT ANY TIME. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS PARENT DID HERE. We all know that. Why is it an animal loves and protects its young fervently, but the human would rather be it'd child's best friend. Humans have just not caught on. It SICKENS me to see all the sympathy this lady is getting, when her carelessness and laziness resulted in a child being placed in harms way. AND she KNEW this guy was texting the girl! How hard is it to get off your rear and see who your daughter is leaving with???????? YOUR CHILDREN ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS THING IN THIS WORLD, RIGHT? STOP telling the world how wonderful Great Bend is. This town has PLENTY of murders hand and drugs and you KNOW it. And I know of NO PARENT here that let's a very young daughter practice all out liberties with cell phone texts and comings and goings and who knows what else. This woman had stopped her daughter from this horrible dangerous snare! To say otherwise is a BIG FAT LIE. I feel sorry for the poor kid who didn't have a better parent. I just wish they could throw the mom in jail along with the killer. TWO crimes here, not just one.

September 10, 2010 at 8:46 am
  170. Jade

@ southern texas guy,
    It may be too late now, but can you tell us more about Mr. Longoria, specifically his family life. Curious, since most of his adulthood has been behind bars. Know he had a short marriage, but I'm referring to his teen and childhood years. Thanks.

September 13, 2010 at 2:56 am
  171. Kansasooz

The ultimate price was paid. Let the blame game end. Her mother will have to learn to live with this mistake for the rest of her life. Alicia paid the horrific price.

The only positive to come from this now is for it to serve as a warning. It harkens back to the Clutter murders in Holcomb, KS many years ago–senseless atrocities amidst "Our Town" America. Our quiet little communities here are not without danger– Southwest Kansas is not without danger– PREDATORS love areas where people are so helpful, so trusting.

September 13, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  172. Marty Robinson

The alledged murderer was brought into this neighborhood by some misguided/desperate woman who decided it would be a good idea to look for a felon in prison as a boyfriend. Brilliant . She is as guilty as he is.

September 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm
  173. know a little

I know some things about Adam Longoria and he was a troubled teen and did some stuff that I saw as a big red flag. My heart goes out to the Debolt family.

September 17, 2010 at 11:13 am
  174. AH

Nancy

have you heard of another murder this week in Great Bend,Kansas
    news not released yet
    druggie boyfriend beat a woman to death than hung her body
    why has this not been released

September 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm
  175. TrueLight

I love to see all you people complaining about letting her stay out until midnight. It was her mother's choice because she trusted her.
    A girl was brutally murdered here and you're picking at the parents' decisions about her curfew? Come on, people, what happened to mercy and sadness? They lost their little girl. Is that not enough without all of you yelling at them for letting her have a little fun?

September 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm