Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

September 13th, 2010

Urgent: Did teen parents kill three-month-old infant boy?

Did a beautiful teen couple kill their 3 month old infant baby boy? Autopsy shows the infant died of multiple injuries & blunt force trauma resulting in skull & rib fractures. Did his teenage parents commit murder?

Filed under: TV Promo Box
  1. Stacy

Beautiful teen couple? Really? By whose standards? The couple look like they are on drugs....RIP to the baby.

September 14, 2010 at 9:02 am
  2. chitownlady

This is very very close to my home. This baby killer is only a PUNK. The family actually lives doen the street from me. She was always there with the baby in the carrier sitting on the front porch. I must say that her mother is NOT the nicest person in the world. Always talking about other people and pointing them out as you walk by not to mention she wasn't even friendly. Walked around like she hated the world and the world hated her. . Well well well, guess I can now point out to her. This is what happens when babies have babies. Karma is a bytch! just goes to show one that NEVER NEVER try to JUDGE OTHERS. you never know what lurks around the corner of YOUR LIFE.......Since this baby killer did live with her mom (at one time)....we all assume she was either shacking up with killer dad or living with his parents! This DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN! Hope the die in HELL!

September 14, 2010 at 9:24 am
  3. Nicky

Why is the couple described as "beautiful"? Is it somehow harder to believe that beautiful people commit heinous crimes? So should I assume anytime the adjective is left off, the couple or person is unattractive. Skewed priorities in this story...try again.

September 14, 2010 at 11:14 am
  4. Regina Jordan

How could Nancy Grace call this a "storybook" family when two teenagers are raising a child. Between statements such as that and reality programming promoting "16 and Pregnant" (or whatever teen age it is) is wrong. Definately sending out the wrong message to other teens watching.

September 14, 2010 at 7:12 pm
  5. Regina Jordan

September 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm
    • Cristian

I defenetly agree with u but iam a 19 teen mom and iam doing great

September 19, 2010 at 9:52 pm
  6. cindy

What 3 month old is even in a high chair? That is the weakest defense I have heard in a long time. More likely two young people unprepared for an infant without the proper support system to take a time out.

September 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm
  7. Comets

I think that this article should be reworded to say "beautiful baby boy" instead of "beautiful teen couple". Anyone suspected of killing a child is definitely not beautiful.

September 14, 2010 at 10:31 pm
  8. Barbara Brown

What stands out to me, as really wrong, about the lawyers arguments is that a 3 month old baby isn't going to be sitting in a high chair! They can't sit up yet without support. So how is a 3 month old baby going to fall from a height that would do such damage???

September 15, 2010 at 12:19 am
  9. Jane

Nancy
    I tried to call in because I wanted to share the possibility that the 3 month old baby may have had osteogenesis imperfecta also known as brittle bone disease. My newborn died At childbirth and his autopsy revealed multiple skull fractures and broken ribs – all from my uterine muscles contracting during childbirth. Very tragic.

September 15, 2010 at 12:29 am
    • Cristian

I don't that would of been possible this baby was already 3 months. Urs was nearly being born

September 19, 2010 at 9:48 pm
  10. Wendy Spiser

What is the telephone number to call in during the Nancy Grace show? What time can callers call in?

Also, can you please tell viewers how important it is to be vigilant during our daily lives to look out for people in our lives that may be overwhelmed and at risk of not handling stressful situations well? I ask myself so many times when I see the stories on Nancy Grace how it could be possible for noone around the person involved to see that the person was struggling. Taking the time to talk to someone that seems to be having a hard time could mean the difference between life and death. Someone had to know the mom who killed her little boys by driving her car into water was depressed and not safe to be left alone with those boys. Someone had to know these teen age parents were exhausted, frustrated, or whatever they were before they abused their baby. I'm not blaming anyone else but I am saying that lending a hand or showing you care can make a difference.

September 15, 2010 at 1:38 am
  11. Carol Samuel

These two idiots ought to be sterilized. They would never be able to hurt another child. No reason for this. Babies cry. That's what they do.

September 15, 2010 at 7:27 am
  12. Cheri Rush

When in the world are these parents going to realize there are people who would give just about anything to have a baby?! I just don't understand why killing your child or abusing your child is such a better and easier choice than letting someone adopt your baby and give them the loving nurturing environment that ALL babies deserve.

September 15, 2010 at 11:56 am
  13. natalie

I am a teen parent myself and i could never ever do anything so horrible these people are sick in the head if they killed that 3 month old baby boy.
    and since it had factures to the skull and ribcage something had to be going on.
    i do think they did something to their baby.

September 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm
  14. Lorena

I can't imagine ever hurting a baby. As a teen mom myself it is an instinct to protect my daughter. It breaks my heart to think these parents probably did not have the same instinct for their child.

September 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm
  15. Dana

The father of the baby went to my high school and the mother of the baby is related to my moms boyfriend. They are not at all a beautiful couple, and they were on drugs. I hope and pray that they get whats coming to them because its sicking when you have baby and kill it because it won't stop crying. Don't lay in that bed and get pregnant if you can't handle the out come. People like these two are DISCUSTING! They WILL burn in hell....Atleast now that baby is in better hands and with people that actually love em..

September 18, 2010 at 12:57 pm
  16. Krista Williams

This is so sad...I am a young single mother of 33 with 5 children ages 13, 12, 10, 6 & 5 years old....my youngest child is non verbal and autistic. I have managed a home, worked full time, and went to school full time....being young and inexperienced is no excuse for murder. I've been frustrated and at my witts end more often than not but I love my children and would never hurt them!

September 19, 2010 at 7:30 pm
  17. Amanda

I think this is rediculous, I was an teen mother who worked full time and got myself through college and I didn't have to beat my kids to do it. whether or not this was an accident or not they should just admit to it. RIP Baby, People should not judge all teen parents and these teen parents will punish in the gates of hell if they did this people need to realize it does not matter how we punish this couple they must anwser to go for hurting such an inocent child. Also no three month old baby was sitting in an high chair.

September 19, 2010 at 9:03 pm
  18. ashley

such bulcrap!! I am a teen mother of 2.
    if you can't deal with the consequences DON'T HAVE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2010 at 9:15 pm
  19. moni

question: how can a 3 months old child sit in a highchair AND fall out??
    I am a mom and and a grandma; would not even think putting a 3 mos old in a highchair;
    some fancy excuse !!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2010 at 9:32 pm
  20. Cristian

What I think of this is the baby was probably crying the parents got fustrates tried shutin him up and made tha damage and when they relized what they done and that tha baby wasent breathing they freaked and went outside and started screaming. Also not all teen parents are bad there is some good ones out there don't let a coupel of bad teen parents make u beloved they r all tha same

September 19, 2010 at 9:39 pm
  21. Lisa

"They are monsters" not Beautiful couple....Anyone who hurts a baby or any child should get the same treatment....I was 18 when i had my first child let me tell you it never crossed my mind to hurt my child never..So dnt tell me because they were a young couple thats BULLSHIT..R.I.P Lil'Baby Boy....

September 19, 2010 at 9:42 pm
  22. Tammy

I think that the poor 3 month old little baby did not have a chance to live and that was not fair to that baby. They brought that innocent baby into this world and that poor little baby didn't even have a chance to live its life. If they were getting fed up with the baby they didn't have to kill it they could of just given it up for adoption to a nice set of parents that would of loved and cared for it the way the baby should of been taken care of the proper way not taking its life. And as far as the parents saying that they don't know what happened to their baby that is such bull crap coming from them because they do know what happened to their baby they just don't want to take the blame for their own actions but in time they will pay for what they did to that innocent baby that didn't have a chance and their penalty will come to them. I hope for the sake of the baby that the truth does get revealed and the baby gets to rest in peace knowing that its parents paid for the penalty. I'm not a violent person but if the truth comes out I hope that these two get the chair because im all about good child welfare. Thankyou for taking my comment into consideration – Tammy

September 19, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  23. Jenifer

Why would a 3 month old be sitting in a high chair. A 3 month old cannot support himself in a highchair. And why would a 3 month old fall from a highchair? I mean there are straps in heightchairs and trays to hold a baby in, so how we he fall unless he was being neglected., These parents are not beautiful teens. To kill your own child does not make you beautiful.

September 20, 2010 at 12:27 am
  24. Cristina

For crying out loud, the baby is only 3 months old. My son is 20 mos now and I still worry about him like he was a day old.

September 20, 2010 at 2:08 am
  25. Cristina Ocava Nilges

For crying out loud, the baby is only 3 months old how can you neglect him like that, I have a 20 month old baby and up to this day I treat him as if he was a day old. it makes me sick to my stomach thinking there are parents whould do such thing to their children.

September 20, 2010 at 2:10 am
  26. Gretta

There are no resources for single parents: Workfare Act is interpreted by placing single parents in impossible circumstances. The job market is extremely poor especially for high school grads, ged grads, and those without AT LEAST AN UNDERGRAD DEGREE. You people have no idea how people are treated by their County Human Resource Department. And Obesity to boot, everyday someone is telling you about your short life if you are fat. And people are calling that woman a sociopath, all that degradation?????

September 20, 2010 at 2:53 am
  27. Bobby Jo

I hope they didn't kill this child but if they did may they spend the rest of their sorry lives in jail.

September 21, 2010 at 12:09 pm
  28. MADJG

RIP Beautiful baby boy

Not defending these parents, just making a point. A 3 month old can be put in a high chair. I put my 3 month old in one. I had the one that reclines and has the safety straps to keep the baby safe from falling. Of course I never left my daughter in the high chair alone, I would roll it into the kitchen when I was cooking. I never liked to put her on the floor due to our small dog, and that is why I used the high chair from time to time.

I wonder if the parents got angry for the baby crying and kicked over the high chair and the baby fell that way?

I agree that this article should read beautiful baby boy, I don't see anything beautiful about these parents.
    I wonder if DCF was ever called on them? Any updates on this case?

September 21, 2010 at 4:58 pm
  29. melinda

any time a baby dies it is so sad and we will never learn the truth on how they died

September 22, 2010 at 3:49 pm
  30. cheryl

This young man that killed this baby I knew him as a baby himself this young man was doomed from the start himself his mother ran the streets herself this young man was exposed to murder with his own father being murdered and his uncle paul murdered this kid life is gone his grandparents had addictions drugs and booze tis child mother is on meds herself tell me people how did you think this kid would turn out know the mother of this child is laided up in fishers Ind it is kind of hard to mother when the going gets tough the mother runs out of town will he ever have a mother?

September 23, 2010 at 9:02 pm
  31. BETTY

TEEN PARENTS? BEAUTIFUL???? I DON'T THINK SO. MONSTERS YES. WHY ON GOD'S CREATION ARE THEY HAVING CHILDREN? CHILDREN HAVING CHILDREN. WELL, IT STARTS @ THE HOME. IF THESE 2 TEENS DIDN'T GET DISCIPLINED, THERE'S YOUR ANSWER. MANY PARENTS IN TODAY'S SOCIETY HAVE TO WORK TO MAKE A LIVING. SOME ARE SINGLE PARENTS, BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO KILL YOUR INFANT. IS IT THEIR FAULT THAT YOU HAD THEM IN THE 1ST PLACE? NO. YOU ARE COMMITTING A CRIME, AND IN TODAY'S JUSTICE SYSTEM, WHICH SUCKS, IS NOT REHABILTATING ANYONE BY LOCKING THEM UP. IT'S ONLY GIVING THEM A FREE MEAL, FREE TV, FREE PLAY, NO RESPONSIBILITY @ ALL WHATSOEVER, AND GUESS WHAT PEOPLE? WHO'S PAYING FOR THEM TO BE THERE? TAXPAYERS MONEY. OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM NEEDS REFORM ---BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 24, 2010 at 1:55 am
  32. cheryl

I am worried the mother of joel ballard also has another son who is only 11 yrs old this cycle is never going to end now she has exposed this little guy to the same thing living in a home with guns drugs she is not programed to make a loving parent right choice she keeps a gun on her because she is affraid.NOW this 11 year old is exposed to cook county jail just like joel was and then it will be trips to what ever prison joel will be going to.I BEG THE PEOPLE OF FISHERS INDIANA TO PARENT THIS POOR LITTLE GUY THE STATE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING .LET THE MOTHER KNOW WE ARE ALL WATCHING DO NOT BE FOOLED SHE A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHES

September 26, 2010 at 9:05 am
  33. cierra

this is very sad i really hope these kids did not kill thier son

September 27, 2010 at 1:46 pm
  34. barbees doll

i was a teen mother at 15 and i couldnt imagine hurting him in any way.

September 28, 2010 at 11:26 pm
  35. Dantelle

none of u have the right to judge these people the event that took place is horrible but com on none of u are god

October 13, 2010 at 1:50 pm
  36. cheryl

I do have the right to judge Iknow these people this was a train wreck waiting to happen this kid joel should have been given up at birth he was raised in the street by a tramp he grew up with all these so called((( uncles or daddies )))) she is selfish and now she doing the same with her eleven year old,One thing these people lack is common sense and now she is bringing up this little guy in the same way this little guy nows how to pull a trigger she takes him shooting so people a mother that lacks common sense tell me where this little guy is going to be in 5 yrs right next to his brother in STATESVILLE

October 16, 2010 at 11:02 am