Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Cops: mom goes out dancing, leaves 3-yr-old tot home alone!

Ashley Rivers, 27, was charged with child neglect after police say she left her 3-year-old child home alone while she went out dancing. According to a police report, a neighbor saw the child wandering outside and crying outside an apartment around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday. That same neighbor took the child back home and noticed no one else was home.

Ashley Rivers
Ashley Rivers

Authorities say that Rivers admitted to going dancing at the club. When we spoke to her, she changed her story a little. Rivers claims that she never told police that she went out dancing and that she just left the house to get her keys from her boyfriend, who works at the Sidelines nightclub. She also denies that she tried to hide her child from the police when she walked in her apartment that night.

DSS conducted an investigation but, according to Ashley Rivers and other family members, the toddler is back in the custody of her partying mom.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Natalie

I dont care if u had to get keys or went out dancing, she is old enough to know that her child should not be left alone. she is the reason people should get liscens to have children ! God must have been watching out for this child cause who knws qwhat basd person could have found him!

October 1, 2010 at 11:22 am
    • courtney

i dont even believe she just went out to get her keys, i think she was dum and immature enough to leave her baby at home. I mean even at the age of 3 that child could have been scarred for life waking up and not finding his mom any where in the house. i mean even at this age right now it would be scary.

March 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm
  2. Poolchick

THat is child neglect and the system let her have that poor child back? It is crucial to hold her accountable but now seeing that part in the story, I hold the system accountable if they don't remove that child from that POS.

October 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm
  3. cack

WOW..... I AM ASSUMING SHE IS A SINGLE MOTHER....C'MOM REALLY!!! HER PRIORITIES SEEMS TO BE NOT FOR HER CHILD BUT FOR HERSELF. WHY CHANGE ONE STORY TO ANOTHER-SEEMS LIKE A COVER UP TO ME....AND FOR DSS -SERIOUSLY, HER BABY WAS LEFT UNATTENDED AND YOU WANT TO BE LOOKING OUT FOR THE 3 YEAR OLDS BEST INTEREST.... SO YOU GIVE HER BACK TO HER "MOM" (SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE CALLED ONE-IT IS AN HONOR AND A GIFT TO BE A MOM)!! AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE????

October 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm
  4. Donna

Why in the world would they allow that baby to be back with this woman?!!! They gonna wait until next timewhere the outcome might not be as lucky! With all the child preditors out there and that baby was wondering alone at early morning hours it's extremely lucky a good person did the right thing and called police.

October 1, 2010 at 3:54 pm
  5. A

people should not be parents! Really you are going to leave a 3 year old home alone.wow maybe you should take a parenting class

October 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm
  6. Mary

I guess they'll wait for the kid to die before they take some real action against the "mother".

October 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm
  7. jj

NEXT TIME the baby will be dead in the middle of the street.
    This is what happens when you allow the ghetto to raise children after being caught with child abuse..

October 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm
  8. Suzy

Wow!! I really can't believe they gave the child back to this stupid irresponsable mom!!! This is sickening!!! Next time she leaves the house, what will happen to the child then??? Hopefully a responsable neighbor finds her child and keeps it so no one can victimize the child!!! Dumb Bitch!!

October 1, 2010 at 8:47 pm
  9. katie

totally ridiculous that the child is already right back to this worthless, sorry excuse for a mother! no matter her reason for leaving, common sense & care for your childs well being would keep you from leaving a 3 year old child at home alone, even if the child was sleeping. no excuse!!

October 1, 2010 at 10:12 pm
  10. talisa

The poor child was probably so scared, the person ment to protect her and comfort her would rather be out dancing or visiting her boyfriend..even some young teen moms are better than this woman

October 1, 2010 at 10:31 pm
  11. Jodee

Terrible! DSS gave the child back to the mother after an investigation?! South Carolina needs to realize that children are people too and that they need to investigate further than a couple of hours when children are involved. If it doesnt sound right, doesnt smell right then its not right. Keys or dancing it is not acceptable to convientley leave your child where ever because they are an inconvience at the moment. Children are not dolls to be put down or picked back up to be played with when ever. It upsets me that the state I live in is so quick to give any parent their child back even when they endanger them!!! What point will they step in? When its too late?.... I wonder how many times shes done this?

October 1, 2010 at 10:47 pm
  12. myself

If you don't want to be a responsible parent, DON'T GET PREGNANT.

October 1, 2010 at 11:15 pm
  13. warsteiner

Is anyone really surprised when children have children and dont stop acting like the children they are? This young Mom probably never had any training from her own mom

October 2, 2010 at 5:14 am
  14. Megan

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE MOTHERS? Why are the most innocent and most helpless being victimized, they are not only children, THEY ARE THESE WOMEN'S CHILDREN. I am young mother, I am single mother, sure things get tough, but my gosh, what in the world are things coming too, I just think these neglects and crimes against children by their own mothers is one type of crime that will never be understood. To me its unthinkable, how could you do that to your own kid. How could you think a 3 year old would be okay at home by theirselves, OFCOURSE NOT. wow, is all I can say.

October 2, 2010 at 6:48 am
  15. Elizabeth

Here we go again...DSS not doing their job...lets give the kid back to the mother...as long as the baby doesn't have any bruises visible..right!!

DSS seems to be getting worse and worse...The little Riley girl died partly because DSS wasn't doing their job there either. It's pathetic that the kids are being neglected by this organization.

October 2, 2010 at 9:10 am
  16. ag

Wait! They gave the child back???? What is wrong with those people??

October 2, 2010 at 10:29 am
  17. Justin

I agree with what Natalie posted. You do not leave your children at home for ANY reason whatsoever. Some people just should not be allowed to have kids. I hope DSS intervenes again and takes the child. Horrible parenting. I just got done reading an article of a man charged with 100 counts of sexual battery on a child. Go buy some parenting books and READ them!

October 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm
  18. Ms. Reesie

Its a shame that she did what she did and trys to call it a mistake. U don't leave ur child(ren) at home to go partying! Partying isn't more important than ur child. Children comes up missing everyday and she did some dumb mess like this. God help the poor little girl's soul and watch over her.

October 2, 2010 at 2:30 pm
  19. Jen

So Auhtorities know this person is unfit to be a parent, and yet they leave this poor baby in her care?!

October 2, 2010 at 2:50 pm
  20. Mrs. M

Why didn't the article include basic information, such as WHERE this incident allegedly occurred? All I know is it didn't happen in any state I've ever lived in, because "DSS" isn't the acronym for any social services agency in any state I'm familiar with. People who read these articles really are interested in where (what state) people live, when their local law enforcement and social service agencies fail so miserably to enforce law (or common sense.) When this child dies from neglect, police and social workers will be equally guilty as the unfit mother.

October 2, 2010 at 4:55 pm
  21. Tiffany

Really?? Does it make a difference on what reason she gives as to why she left a 3 YEAR OLD home ALONE.

October 2, 2010 at 8:39 pm
  22. Tiny

If partying is that important to her then she really dont need her kid. If she did it once she will do it again. You need to think before having children what your responsibilites are , and if you know this is not for you then keep your legs close. It is more then saying it is my son or daughter. There should be real punishment when it comes to this type of behavior because what if the baby would have got hit by a car or murdered then what, who would be resopnsible. The agency that gave her the child back should be checked out. What's next?

October 2, 2010 at 11:35 pm
  23. Carmelita

She just had to get keys at 3:30 am! My question is what were the keys for? Couldn't have been to gain access to her apartment; she'd just left a moment before. Since dancing in a club means more to her than her child, maybe the baby should ask for a better mother. She is pathetic!!!

October 3, 2010 at 3:44 am
  24. Invisible Calla Lilly

This is freaking ridiculous!! It is really that serious??? What did she need keys for that early in the morning anyway?? She should have been at home with her baby instead of checking up on a man, believe me, I am sure that was what she was up to. There was no reason to leave that baby alone for ANY reason whatsoever!! Women with a mentality like this should not deserve to have children. We as mothers are supposed to be the protectors, the nurturers and there is NO excuse why we can't be!! GOD was watching over that baby and he will continue to do so, I just pray that this "so-called" mother will grow up and become more responsible, realize this child is a blessing!

October 3, 2010 at 7:57 am
  25. Rae

I just wonder if this mother was ever left home alone as a child and so has grown up thinking it was acceptable. I think we form our parenting skills at least somewhat from what we came from. Some may justify by saying "our mom always left us home alone and we turned out fine". Second and third generation neglect so to speak..a learned behavior. Just my opinion..

October 3, 2010 at 12:06 pm
    • courtney

i completly disagree with that, when a kid is growing up and your parents do something you dont like such as beat you too much or leave you at home by your slef all the time, you grow up telling yourself that if you have a kid you will never do that to them because you know how much you hated it, and you dont want your kids going through the same thing. Just because you were raised a certain way dos not mean you have to be like that to your children. i think that is a dumb, selfishexcuse. The way i was born my father always had several girlfriends moving in and out of our house, all of them treated me horrible and my dad didnt care, he kicked me out several times. Ads i grew up i told my self i will NEVER do this to my kids. and here i am today with my 6 year old baby and my wonderful husband, and if anything ever does happen, i will always make sure the kid is worthy of my kid meeting him.

March 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm
    • people are discusting

March 6, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    • people are discusting

i completly disagree with that, when a kid is growing up and your parents do something you dont like such as beat you too much or leave you at home by your slef all the time, you grow up telling yourself that if you have a kid you will never do that to them because you know. how much you hated it, and you dont want your kids going through the same thing. Just because you were raised a certain way dos not mean you have to be like that to your children. i think that is a dumb, selfishexcuse. The way i was born my father always had several girlfriends moving in and out of our house, all of them treated me horrible and my dad didnt care, he kicked me out several times. Ads i grew up i told my self i will NEVER do this to my kids. and here i am today with my 6 year old baby and my wonderful husband, and if anything ever does happen, i will always make sure the kid is worthy of my kid meeting him.

March 6, 2012 at 1:54 pm
    • people are discusting

i completly disagree with that, when a kid is growing up and your p.arents do something you dont like such as beat you too much or leave you at home by your slef all the time, you grow up telling yourself that if you have a kid you will never do that to them because you know. how much you hated it, and you dont want your kids going through the same thing. Just because you were raised a certain way dos not mean you have to be like that to your children. i think that is a dumb, selfishexcuse. The way i was born my father always had several girlfriends moving in and out of our house, all of them treated me horrible and my dad didnt care, he kicked me out several times. Ads i grew up i told my self i will NEVER do this to my kids. and here i am today with my 6 year old baby and my wonderful husband, and if anything ever does happen, i will always make sure the kid is worthy of my kid meeting him.

March 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm
  26. love for youm

damn grow up

October 3, 2010 at 2:14 pm
  27. Sarah

Seriously, no excuses, common sense DSS, this is a warning sign of a future injured or missing child. Most of these cases which end tragiclly could have been prevented if someone had intervened earlier. This mother was only caught doing something wrong once....if she leaves her child alone, who knows what other dangers this child could be in, children can not ask for help, they silently cry out....it is our job as citizens as well as DSS workers to proctect these children when their parents do not.

October 3, 2010 at 2:44 pm
  28. mark parisi

Nancy:
    A fan, watch you all the time. My issue is the way you attacked Paris Hilton UNFAIRLY on your show. If you look at the facts that were aired on your show via the video coverage, her boyfriend was driving car NOT her, the photographer admitted to causing the incident by steping in front of moving car. He DID ask if she was ok, and was told by her and other photographers YES. Just go. He did come back.
    Paris is a great person who has done a ton of charity work, has a great name. A genuine person. (have worked with her) was very proffessional, punctual, respectful.

Mark Parisi

October 3, 2010 at 4:28 pm
  29. dr britt

and everyone lived happily ever after.

October 3, 2010 at 4:45 pm
  30. Jude

It is a sad day for parents when all they want to do is get rid of their kids, and/or kill them. What has happened to make these parents want to harm their children? What happened to make the idea of protecting your children from harm,. No matter what else was going on in parent's life, they would sacrifice everything they had to keep their children safe, and happy in the knowledge that Mom and Dad would always be there for them. It is totally disgusting what these so-called parents are doing nowadays. Everything they do to their children should be done to them.

October 3, 2010 at 4:51 pm
  31. Meghann

What an idiot!!! I have a three-year-old little girl, and it sickens me to know that this actually happens....and they gave the baby back to her??? She should be in jail!!!!

October 3, 2010 at 11:37 pm
  32. Really?

This woman is 27years old, not 17! Why is the child back with this sorry excuse for a mother? The DSS people are ignoring something like this! G*d help that poor little baby, because it sure doesn't look like anyone down here is watching over her !

October 4, 2010 at 1:01 am
  33. Rhonda

I hope this isnt another casey Anthony story in the making!!

October 4, 2010 at 2:38 am
  34. Melinda Dodson

We have to pray for the little ones in the care of these monstrous mothers.you should love and care for all babies,little children so precious and loveing.Father God protect our babies.too much evil

October 4, 2010 at 2:40 am
  35. elaine

I DO NOT CARE IF SHE WENT DANCING OR TO GET KEYS. SHE LEFT A BABY BY ITSELF. A CHILD IS GODS GIFT AND SOULD BE CHERISHED AND CARED FOR. THERE WERE OTHER WAYS TO HANDLE HER PROBLEM. SHE COULD HAVE HAD A NEIGHBOR WATCH HER WHILE SHE WENT TO GET THE KEYS OR SHE COULD HAVE TAKEN THE BABY WITH HER AND HAD HIM BRING HER OUT THE KEYS. I THINK SHE IS LYING ABOUT THE KEYS AND WENT TO PARTY AND MAKE A BUDDY CALL. SHAME ON HER!!!!!!!! I COMMEND THE NEIGHBOR FOR HELPING AND GETTING INVOLVED.

October 4, 2010 at 5:38 am
  36. Jason

I think a really nice neighbor was watching out for this kid. Kudos to good PEOPLE.

God this, God that. Blah blah blah. God sent his mom to the club, that's my take. Hope the kids ok and they give him/her to someone responsible.

October 4, 2010 at 8:40 am
  37. MissRoberts

Ashley: PLEASE let me raise your daughter. She will be loved and cared for. And she will NEVER be left alone. PLEASE DO HER THIS FAVOR! Can you explain why on God's green earth what was so important about keys at 3:30 in the morning fool? Have your tubes tied you horny clown. Let someone who gives a sh*t raise your child.

October 4, 2010 at 9:47 am
  38. Scarlett

I agree, that child should have never been left alone. Some sick person could have taken the child, they could have been hit in the parking lot, or falllen in the pool. Grow up !!!!

October 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm
  39. shecallsmepeanut

If there is proof she was out partying then this "mom" doesn't deserve custody of that child. You don't leave a 3 year old by themselves. It's called a baby sitter. Get one and if you cannot afford one then keep your butt at home with that kid. People like this make me so mad.

October 4, 2010 at 5:17 pm
  40. Michelle

Another example that makes me sick! All of these lucky individuals who are blessed with beautiful children and who do things like this partying mom. I am sitting here now watching Nancy Grace where the 18 month old was duct taped to the wall and another child whose life was threatened on Craig's List if somebody did not take him. It makes me sick since my partner and I would adopt ANY of these kids and give them a beautiful loving home but can't since we reside in Florida and gay adoption is not legal. What is this world coming to??? Stop having kids if you can't be responsible.......YOU brought your child into this world.

October 4, 2010 at 7:41 pm
  41. charlene

This idiot should lose custody of her child until she completes mandatory parenting classes, do some jail time, be on probation for atleast 5 yrs and be followed by cps until child atleast 16 yrs old. Where are grandparents and the father??????

October 4, 2010 at 7:49 pm
  42. renee

i have just wached the baby being TAPED to the wall. Tape the parents to the wall then see if they think its funny. they both should be hung!!!!!

broken hearted in wisconsin

October 4, 2010 at 9:17 pm
  43. Allison Audet

How long was the child left at home alone?

Where is the child? Returned to MOM?
    Is that a joke?

Is CPS involved? I sure hope so. If not, the state should think twice.

A baby's life should NEVER be a gamble.

Get that child out of mom's care! Find a realtive who is able and willing to provide care so that mom can get her act together.

Monitor her progress. should have been removed from mom's care and placed in temporary custody of the Court.

October 4, 2010 at 9:30 pm
  44. Ashley S

Obviously if the cops arrested her for leaving her child home alone.... she isn't going to give a damn and hasn't learned anything. Maybe when this poor 3 year old child gets hurt when she is home alone it will catch their attention!!!

October 5, 2010 at 12:29 am
  45. Melissa

How can DSS allow that baby to go back to the mother!! What is wrong with DSS. I think the mother should be behind bars along with the DSS workers who are neglecting this poor child.

October 5, 2010 at 8:35 am
  46. MissRoberts

Wipe that smirk off of your face you horny little clown. give your kid to someone who cares.

October 5, 2010 at 10:01 am
  47. Vanessa Modesto

WTF why does the mother have custody of her kid again? She abandond her child !!!! thays neglect!!!! her child needs a better homw

October 5, 2010 at 11:29 am
  48. Peter T

She needs to be flogged with bamboo sticks publicly!!!

October 5, 2010 at 12:20 pm
  49. LaKeshia

That is crazy.She didnot leave the baby to go to the club to get her keys.She didnot want to care for the baby and the baby shouldnot be back with her or her family.It needs to be placed into foster care where it can be safe at.

October 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm
  50. Paradise

While that does not surprise me, the next time we hear about this child unfortunately she will not be alive. Abandonment and neglect is enough to warrant an abuse case. I pray that the boyfriend or any man impregnantes her because she will neglect that child as well.

October 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm
  51. Paradise

Correction I hope she does not get impregnanted. I see the next child killer in this picture. She has the nerve to have a smirk on her face.

October 5, 2010 at 2:20 pm
  52. kisha

This mom and recent ones that have been on here the past few weeks makes the rest of the hard working moms look bad! If they want to party so bad why dont they practice safe sex and that way they wont risk bringing and innocent blessing into the world to defend his/herself. She and the rest of these moms are a disgrace to mothers all over the world.

October 5, 2010 at 4:36 pm
  53. Disgusted

Absolutely disgusted by this so-called Mother. Don't have children if you don't want to be responsible for one. Learn some self control or learn the importance of protection you animal. I feel for this poor child and I hope this child has a chance for a positive, loving life. SHAME ON YOU DSS!

October 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm
  54. kenneth Seaton

Dear nacy the home invasion case in Cheshire CT need further explaination by the police. Why did they fail to stop it? Please interview the police why they failed. Both these crimianls are proof that many are possessed by the Devil.

October 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm
  55. carmen

I don't understand how you can leave a three year old home alone to go dancing ? she should have her little girl taken away if she is not going to care for her there are so my people that would love to have kids and can't and the people who can have them can't take care of them that is just sad. But not all mothers want to be mothers

October 5, 2010 at 8:48 pm
  56. Crishaye Bellamy

She should know better than to leave her child home when she only three years old. And why whould yall give her baby back for? Thats just crazy under yall matter.

October 6, 2010 at 10:13 am
  57. Ms Elegance

In today's society, it is a shame how selfish some mother's have become. The children did not ask to come into this world. I thank God this child was spared her life. I hope that while this mother is sitting behind bars, she will really think about her irresponsible decision.

October 6, 2010 at 10:52 am
  58. emilymariearellano

I honestly cant believe that a mother of all could leave a child like that. She should be put in jail. Sounds to me she should not even have her child.

October 7, 2010 at 12:49 am
  59. jessica

this is just crazy and im such a paranoid mother i wont even let my kids play down the block from our house let alone even let them stay alone by themselves. I just dont understand that these terrible mothers have the gift to bear children and then turn around and do these crazy things!!!!!!

October 7, 2010 at 6:51 pm
  60. julie from ohio

she shouldnt be a mother

October 8, 2010 at 11:19 am
  61. Tina

Sorry people jail is NOT the answer.Supervised visits while in parenting classes and cousling is. This very well could be learned behavior or a really dumb mistake that needs to be address in the right manner. cousling is very necessary.Jail, that is where paris and lindsey should be for the drugs and drunk driving,then cousling after serving their time like anyone of us would.So Mark parisi its nice that you worked with her and all seeing since you know her help her before its to late.I dont think the world thought when Micheal Jackson announced his this is it tour,that this was really it for him!He didnt think he had a problem either.

October 8, 2010 at 10:25 pm
  62. jaydon

who realy leaves there kid at home to go to the club maybe she should start acting like a mom and not a child

October 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm
  63. Tiffany

I really don't understand this one bit. You hear of people losing their kids for developing pics at wal mart of their own children takin a bubble bath, but apparently you can leave your young child at home unsupervised for hours so you can go out and party?! What the hell is wrong with the world these days?!! I hear alot of stories where justice is not served, and that needs to end. The justice system in this country is a joke, especially here in Montana. I can't believe this mother got her daughter back after what she did to her! If she has money to go out and drink and dance than she has money to pay a babysitter, or at least leave the child with a family member, who prob won't charge her. If anything else happens to that lil girl the law enforcement wont have nobody to blame but themselves.

October 11, 2010 at 11:16 pm
  64. Tiffany

Kids can't protect themselves, its so heartbreaking when you hear of kids going missing and murdered. The USA needs to be doing more to protect these kids!!!!!!!

October 11, 2010 at 11:19 pm
  65. roblo66

Child services will never learn.

October 12, 2010 at 8:16 pm
  66. Angel

What a poor excuse for a mother! This child needs to be removed from her neglectful household ASAP before something tragic happens to her. They need to start removing these children while they are still ALIVE...it's time we STOP burring little children in our country over ignorance that is 100% preventable!

October 13, 2010 at 5:23 pm
  67. Antonio Giovanni

pure trailer trash. throw her in the slammer!

October 16, 2010 at 2:34 am
  68. Chicken

This Is Shockinq ! Nancy I Know You Are Tryinnq Yur Hardest To Save These Children, We Shud All Be Like Nancy And Save These Children And Put Them In God's Hands.

October 16, 2010 at 7:46 pm
  69. Leesa

I was appalled and disgusted @ this story. I left my 3 yr. alone once to run next door for a minute and I was worrying the whole time and never did it again. This woman does NOT deserve this child back-what would've happened had he suddenly started choking or stopped breathing or countless other things?? Obviously she couldn't get a sitter and it's obvious SHE needs one herself. SHAME ON DSS if they did indeed return this child.

October 18, 2010 at 12:10 pm
  70. PlayerMom

Like I tell my kids – It's easier to change a condom than it is to change a diaper. Why aren't these people responsibly using birth control?

October 20, 2010 at 10:05 am
  71. txbombshell

It is not matter the age of the parent...kids having kids.....once you have a child you cease to be a "child" I would NEVER leave my child to even go gets keys from my bf.........it's true GOD watches over children.....otherwise all the rest of these loonies would have complete free range.....she needs her child taken away

October 20, 2010 at 11:31 am
  72. suzanne

she just needs to have her kid taken away. jail & classes aren't going to do anything for someone who has no desire to be a parent except cause them to have resentment towards the child for being a pain in their @ss & making them go to jail & to classes. there's nothing we can do but pray the child gets out of that house.

October 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm
  73. Denise

Three AM? The poor toddler was scared to death, all alone, the immature mother should not have children or pets for that matter. DSS, well they took care of it with a slap on the hand.... amazing!

October 21, 2010 at 8:45 pm
  74. barbees doll

she needs her butt kicked forreal!! i was a teenage single mom and i never neglected my son.

October 22, 2010 at 8:32 pm
  75. Jingle

DSS is gonna take the kid and THEN WHAT? Raise it at the local DSS office?? or maybe in your delusional minds there is a picture perfect family waiting to adopt the child the next day ?

October 24, 2010 at 11:52 am
  76. Veronica

They also need to charge whoever her case worker was after they gave te child back man this is so sad ...

October 24, 2010 at 12:26 pm
  77. Christine

To warsteiner about children having children unfortunately she was about 24 when she had this child so she does not qualify as a child anymore,

October 24, 2010 at 2:41 pm
  78. Lori Kantor

I don't understand, is everyone waiting for something worse to happen to this child? Her mother left her, she needs to be taken away from her mother. THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm
  79. Marlena

Whoever decided that it was okay to give that child back to her needs to be fired and put in jail along with the mother. People have lost their rabbit ass minds.

October 26, 2010 at 11:19 pm
  80. Shanda

ur child should be ur priority. The child did not lie down with someone else to be born. I hate it when u people think children r suppose to take care of themselves. this mother should be punished and to give a child back to an idiot puts the child in more danger. wake up world and realize there are stupid parents in this world, please protect the children. they hurt more than adults!!!!!

October 29, 2010 at 9:20 pm
  81. Angry lady

I can't believe that she had the nerve to put her child in that kind of a situation. You're supposed to protect your children not put them in harms way. She is a disgrace!! That poor baby!! :(

October 30, 2010 at 7:12 am
  82. laurie

I think this is a pretty pathetic case and their system is sorry for letting the mother have the child back.What happen DCS.They should be held liable if something happens to this child.

November 3, 2010 at 12:03 am
  83. Sam

I can't believe the mom has that child back, he was outside at 3am looking for her, lucky this time some honest person found him and took him in but he may not be so lucky next time. sad!!!!

November 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm
  84. Anonymous

This is why Planned Parenthood needs funding! All of these parents who kill and/or neglect their children might not have if they had access to birth control and abortion....

November 3, 2010 at 3:32 pm
  85. Kelly

I was raised by an unwed teen mother and took the best care of me. I'm now a woman in my 30's with a toddler and the thought of leaving a child alone is horrifying. It isn't just her age, she obviously does not care one bit about that child. I wish the authorities had more power so they could take the child away and put him in a loving home.

November 4, 2010 at 8:19 pm
  86. just me i guess

just a question if you left a toddler in the car for 5 min cuz conditions of weather were extremly horrible but you left the car on parked heat on but the window a bit open so if car locked itself u can open it. would that be wrong? lets say the parent had to go in a building to pick up the other parent just peeked inside to see if they were around or close then ran back to the car to be with the child is that wrong???

December 10, 2010 at 11:54 am