Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Nancy Grace Cold Case

Slain teen's mom: 'How are these punks beating us?'

(CNN) - Phlisia Bunting's body was found dumped in a Colorado state park two months after she finished her freshman year in high school.

That first year of high school had been socially challenging for Phlisia, who at 16 "was quite different or unique," according to her mother, Carrelyn Bunting.

Phlisia Bunting / Family Photo
Phlisia Bunting / Family Photo

"She didn't know how to handle her uniqueness," Bunting recalled. "She was persecuted by the kids in the school."

Phlisia had won a costume contest for dressing up as her pop idol, Boy George, even painting her face white to pull off the image. It didn't help her popularity, Bunting recalled.

"That did not go over well for a black girl in an all-black school," she said.

But, despite her social difficulties, Phlisia was a good student, said Sgt. Henry Stoffel of the Mesa County Sheriff's Office.

"She hit her teenage years and started hanging with some kids who were on the streets," he said.

"So many of the street kids we've seen are into drugs, and we have no history of her involved in drugs or alcohol."

Click here to read full story

Post by:
Filed under: Cold Case
  1. robert

Justice for Michael Scott Rogers
    so how do i go about writing a story strong enough to grab the attention of americas most wanted. i believe that what ever i write, is more than strong enough to bring justice to this case. i want to go back to the night of feb. 20th 2010, where it all began.
    me and my wife barbara leonard received a call from her son (michael scott rogers 16 yrs old)around 11 pm. he was scared crying and hard to understand. he told us that he was bleeding didn't know where he was at and needed help. during the call i talked to someone else on the phone they told me the area they was in , and where they would meet me with michael. before the call ended abruptly, i heard michael in the back ground scream leave me alone. the call went dead. we called 911 and talked to the operator, told them the location and that we were on our way there. the operator tried to call him as well. we got to talk to michael two more times he stated to us that he was bleeding bad and was afraid for his life if they found him. we heard a commotion ,michael screaming ,and the phone went dead again. we continued to try and call him . the next time we got him on the phone he could not talk. it was a mumble and the phone went dead.
    we arrived at the meeting place and found two sheriffs there and a hwy patrol we road the roads looking for him a party , anything. around 130 am i spotted a vehicle that had passed by several times and the law enforcement ran it down and found the home where this party had took place. the law enforcement all piled up at this location until we were told to leave around 3:15 am.
    at 5 or 5:30 am we received a call to bring an article of clothing or something for the dogs. we where told they were holding people in custody and questioning them. the story moved from michael leaving the party on his own to him being dropped off at one location. then another.
    michael was found the next day around 12 noon . in a hog farm where we seen dead carcasses from pigs and cattle. there where pig heads, hides, and the skeleton of a cow. he was found about half a mile away.
    we where told not to say anything, for fear of jeprodising the case. we talked to the local media. But was not sure what info to let out and they tried to use it and our 911 tapes to make a story and it was no where near the truth.
    we wanted to know why no arrests, we where told to wait on autopsy , then we were told to wait on the toxicology results. still no arrests. the cheiff medical examiner ruled it a homicide. three agencies where involved (transylvania county sheriffs office, hendersonville sheriffs office, and the SBI) each agency has signed off on the case as a homicide and sent their info to the local DA's office where it has been for the last two months.
    we have tried over and over to get an appointment with the DA's office and we are told they have not had time to look over the case and didn't know when or if there would be charges.
    there were over 30 people at this party and everyone knows who did this crime, (there were 5 to 7 people at first to be charged but now only two we are told) but no arrests have came about as of now. the only arrests that have accrued, have come against me for simple affray on scott fisher. (scott allen fisher was the person i talked to on the phone and said he would meet us with michael.) i ran into mr. fisher at the local court house and he asked me and my wife "what the f*** you going to do about it."
    since this has happened to michael every one has tried to just sweep it under the rug. most of the news stations have pulled there stories and news feeds. During the mean time these suspects continue to rape, beat-up and break the law every chance they get. me and my wife have personally been threatened by these boys in the court house. we have not went and pressed charges on them b/c we don't want to continue to face these people no more than we have to.
    unfortunately its election time around here and every one seems to be more caught up in the election . than solving crimes and getting their jobs done. we where told by the local sheriff David Mahoney "i would not call the DA right now. I believe encouraging him would be good" "we want to make sure he makes the right decision." we have recorded these meeting with the sheriff and other agencies b/c no one wants to listen to us. repeatedly they (the authorities) contridicted them selves and have told us lies about the case.
    this case has gotten attention from several web sites and people are wanting to know why no arrests
    we are really at the point of asking who knows who in this case. is it a case of the "good ol'boy" that knows some body b/c there dads went to school together. or who knows! we don't know, and our question don't get answers. we have asked about victims rights, we have asked about protection, and no one will give us answers. we seek closure and justice for michael in this case. while feet are being dragged, the community is in fear. it has been over 8 moths and every one know who did this . can you help us with anwsers and closure?

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. May our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ continue to bless you and yours in all that you do.
    sincerely, Robert T Leonard
    Robert T Leonard
    122 cove wood rd
    Brevard, NC, 28712
    home: 828-883-2385
    cell: 828-231-3329

October 26, 2010 at 11:39 am
  2. lisa decker

Take it to John walsh, America's most wanted. Call tv stations, call and try to get one person who will bring this to the attention of the world, so that your case will get looked at. This is just terrible, and don't give up the fight......My prayers are with you and your family> I know how it is to lose a child, i lost mine too 10 1/2 months ago at the age of 21. Keep the faith, keep fighting and never give up

October 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm
  3. Mary

Nancy,
    I live close the were all of this is going on and the paper here is saying that father was not pick up at airport. He was picking up his mother and brother at the airport . Then dad if you can call him that turn hisself in to HPD. The only justice I see for them to people is the Justice at God give them for what they did to that little girl.
    My only peace to this is that she is in Gods loveing arms and doesn't have to have that hate and hurt in her life any more.
    She is in the love and care of God and will never feel any thing but love any more. God Bless
    Mary

October 27, 2010 at 12:08 am
  4. blanche

Hi Nancy. Enjoy the show. Many years ago when I was young I would check out library books on true crime. I remember one in which a murderer used a wood chipper to dispose of the victim. Can't remember anything else about the case – but I guess he was eventually caught or there wouldn't have been a book about it. Do wish I could remember more details. Kep up your good work. Blanche

October 28, 2010 at 1:14 pm
  5. Chris Overmiller

Nancy, to begin with you are a wonderful lady. I just wish you could be in a room with these people that are killing our children. I think you could get more out of them. To begin with if that were my child i dont think i could stay away, i would have to do something because i wouldn't even go on living.I adopted my daughter at birth from paraguay, the day she was placed in my arms i became a new person a mom, now she is in collage and i fear every day for her safty.
    They need to beat the hell out of Zahra's parents untill the start taking. our law stinks were talking about children they only have us and what do we do waste hours on talks and every minute counts if there still alive. there have been kids put under ground. oh but follow the law and let hours go by, And for the people that new she was in trouble i hope you can sleep at night. never never turn your back on children that need us and for all the famileys out ther that have lost a child or there still missing GOD BE WITH ALL OF YOU and have the strengh and faith that God will take care in his way. i pray he lets you know and feel the love of your child.

My heart goes out to you, Chris Overmiller York, P.A.

October 28, 2010 at 6:13 pm
  6. Toni`

I think you should contact the ferderal's and have outside people come and look at your case. you may get help and they may uncover a bigger picture here.

October 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm
  7. Suzanne

Sounds like a really cool person. What a shame! I would like to see more about this case on Nancy Grace or Jane Velez Mitchell. What a beautiful girl!!!!!!

October 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm
  8. Joy

I'm thinking the horrifying thing he did was send Zahras body throught the wood chipper that the cadiver dogs had origanally hit on?

November 2, 2010 at 7:23 pm
  9. Carol

I can't believe they still haven't found her killer but again I shouldn't be suprised at all because peoeple just don't want to talk and that is so sad because her family deserves the peace.

November 3, 2010 at 2:40 pm
  10. barbees doll

all of this is the sign of the times...i never really beleived what my mother and her church friends were referring to but know i know. when a person could hurt another human being to the point of death , there is a serious problem,

November 3, 2010 at 8:24 pm
  11. Teresa Davis

Why aren't the parents protesting on thier guilt more and begging police to find the real killer? That is if they didnt do it themselves.Most parent would be crying and screaming for help to find the child.Where is the remorse?I think like others.I think they shreaded her body.And maybe theres a thing going on between the daughter and Zarhas father?If the daughter is so afraid of the mother,maybe they all three had something to do with it.And Zarha knew to much?
    Thank you Nancy for all you do...........GO GETTEM!

November 4, 2010 at 1:31 pm
  12. tamieka bunting

this was my sister . the days that we are in now people just dont care untell it happen to them.. its sad but you have to keep going . but one thing that i stand by is what you sow you rep god see it all and cant no one get you like god can.......

November 10, 2010 at 6:28 pm
  13. Marilyn Gist

Can someone help me I am mother left with a broken heart on May 29, 2005 my son was shot in the back at a party in Syracuse, NY. No one has been arrested for this crime I sent my story to American's Wanted a few years ago and never heard from them. I put up a billboard asking the community for help in finding who Killed my son. Every year I hold Candle Light vigils in hope that someone will come foward to help me and my family to find out the truth about what really happen. The police lie to me a few days after the murder. The two people that was with my son that night have not told the truth about what happen. I do know for a fact my son body was moved. Police did not secure the scene when this murder happen. All I want is justice for my son because he can not speak for his self. Please help me

November 26, 2010 at 9:19 pm
  14. jill

Marilyn,
    I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I would advise you to get on the phone and start calling Nancy Grace producers! Or email them your story! I am so sorry for what happened to your son and am convinced people know a whole lot more than what they said to you about whatever happened that night and the police should be ashamed for tampering with evidence or being so careless!! But, I assure you, there are concerned people out there in the media who want to help bring exposure to your story and help prosecute the people who did this to your son. But, with all due respect, it is up to you to get aggressive and take action! Jane Velez Mitchell's producers may also help you and air your story. God Bless you and your family and I sincerely hope you get the justice you deserve...

December 4, 2010 at 4:12 pm
  15. lk mitchell

for blanche re: the true crime of the man who killed his wife and disposed of her in a woodchipper...I, too, am an avid true crime reader, and a retired detective. He was an airline pilot for a big airline, i think early 80's–maybe earlier, i read so much...they found a tiny chip of her perfectly lacquered fingernail in the woodchipper's chips, and dna'ed it to her. he just wanted someone younger and fresher. sound familiar? it is a true story and he was convicted. heck of a story. people, people, look around you.....hope this helped, blanche

December 6, 2010 at 8:38 pm
  16. Lacey

Nancy,
    I live in the same town the murder of Michael Scott Rogers took place. He was only 16 years old. He was a close friend and a really good guy. I'm so angry that ten months have passed by and still no arrest have been made. I am tired of seeing the faces of the killers from day to day out living it up like nothing has happened. These boys murdered Michael and no one seems to care. Our jurisdiction system has failed everyone and showed just how secretive the system is. I believe if nothing is done about this case things will be more out of hand. Maybe someone might just take the life of these killers. . you never know. . All i know is this case is a homicide its been filed as homicide so who will go down for the murder?? If we leave it up to our system here in Brevard North Carolina then no one will!! Its time someone outside of this town and state takes some control and gets to the bottom of this murder. i say murder a million times because thats exactly what it was!

December 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm