Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

Catawba County Police confirm: Prosthetic leg found

Breaking news in the case of missing Hickory, North Carolina 10-year-old, Zahra Baker.

Police announced Wednesday the prosthetic leg believed to belong to Zahra Baker has been found. Investigators discovered the prosthesis yesterday afternoon in brushy area off of Christy Road in Caldwell County.

Zahra Baker
Zahra Baker

The prosthesis is being further examined to verify whether its serial number matches the serial number of the prosthesis worn by Zahra. Police say the prosthetic leg is consistent with type of prosthetic leg worn by Zahra before she vanished.

Hickory County Police also confirm that technicians working at the Baker home Wednesday are recovering additional pieces of evidence. Canines, backhoes and shovels are being used in the search launched this morning, after police say information provided to them led investigators back to the home. Search dogs were used both inside and outside of the Baker property. Heavy digging equipment and shovels excavated areas of the backyard.

On Tuesday, Hickory County Police said investigators seized a mattress from the Caldwell County Landfill. The mattress, found outside the original search grid, is being tested for DNA to determine if it is related to the homicide investigation.

Zahra’s mother Elisa Baker has been providing information to police since Sunday, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Persons
  1. Amberly

Hickory Daily Record reports that they have not confirmed it's Zahra's prosthetic. They're working with Australian officials to confirm the serial numbers match. If it is hers, hopefully they find this little girl soon. This has gone on too long.

The police cheif wouldn't confirm if the information given by the step mother helped them find the leg either. Or if the information she gave sent them back to the home in Hickory.

October 27, 2010 at 5:06 pm
  2. Vaedra Bowman

This is so pitiful! I live less than 5 miles where they have found this precious little girls prosthetic leg. How could anyone do this to a child no matter what age! It just tears me up to think anyone could do this to a 10 year old which is the age of my niece. It outrages me. It has consumed every part of me! I pray so hard that they could find her and bring peace to her! And all I can say is God have mercy on the ones that have done this! Thank God he can forgive them because being the human being I am I could never!

October 27, 2010 at 5:41 pm
  3. Kristy

Why is no one not checking where the fire was in the back yard that the dad was talking about on the 911 call? Or maybe i didnt get that part of the story if it was mentioned that it was looked at..

October 27, 2010 at 7:05 pm
  4. Donna Dvorak

Sick, sick, sick!!! It just makes me sick. Why are these violent crimes being committed against our precious children?!!!! How can humans be capable of such brutality?!!!!!! How could someone hurt a child?!!!!! God, where are you when these things happen? Dear Lord, please forgive me but I just don't understand!!!!

October 27, 2010 at 7:08 pm
  5. Alicia

Didn't Nancy Grace report that Zahara's father had a wood chipper in the back yard? It sounds as if the wood chipper should be in the investigation! I think the stepmom used the wood chipper to discard of the body.

October 27, 2010 at 7:13 pm
  6. Rhonda

When stepmom visited furniture store with zahra could she have been looking for a new matress? Could this have been premeditated?

October 27, 2010 at 7:17 pm
    • Chloe

I also wondered if they bought her a new mattress and if that was a red flag because family members said they threw a mattress away before they reported her missing. Why would you throw a new matress away unless there was evidence on it.

October 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm
  7. Margie Warren

I'm watching your show now. Could they possibably be looking for her hearing aid...that's small enough they would be looking so closely for....Hope this helps.
    My prayers are and will always be with Zahra.

October 27, 2010 at 7:18 pm
  8. Michelle

This is so incredibly sad! I was really hoping she wasn't dead. I hope they find out what happened to this little girl and punish the one responsible. God bless her little soul!

October 27, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  9. Janice Dempsey

I wonder if this poor little girl was put in the wood chipper, and now the police are searching for her bone fragments in the backyard mulch of her home.

October 27, 2010 at 7:28 pm
  10. Dan

Has any one checked the wood chipper for internal damage that may of occured from them trying to chop the prostagtic leg?

October 27, 2010 at 7:30 pm
  11. kc wood

What do we know about
    Zahra's birthmother?
    And, did she live with
    Her maternal or paternal
    Grandmother in Australia?
    Who had custody of her in
    Australia? Is she even
    Legally here with Adam Baker
    And the stepmom??
    Thanks, KC Wood/Cincinnati

October 27, 2010 at 7:45 pm
  12. Carolina

My heart is ABSOLUTELY broken for this precious little girl. Her pictures are adorable and I would have taken her and raised her and loved her and I am appalled that these idiots have killed her!

October 27, 2010 at 7:46 pm
  13. Bettye Evans

Where is Zahra Baker's birth mother?

October 27, 2010 at 7:47 pm
  14. Kim Young

What is that tank they show on the side of the house where they are searching. It looks like there is a pad lock on it. Have they opened it up? I got a premonition when I just saw it on Nancy Grace. This is the most horrific story. That poor girl. Her smile just gets to me. Did no one love her? Well, I love you Zahra.They will find you somehow, then you can rest in peace with the other angels sweet girl.

October 27, 2010 at 7:48 pm
  15. kc wood

Another comment. The
    Family car/cars were
    On fire a few hours prior
    To the 911 call and they
    Found her DNA in car/cars
    So, could they have burned
    Her in the car/ cars.
    KC Wood/ Cincinnati

October 27, 2010 at 7:50 pm
  16. janie marshall

If people knew that this little girl was being mistreated then why didnt anybody step up and do something?

October 27, 2010 at 7:55 pm
  17. Dawn Champaign

where is the biological mother?

October 27, 2010 at 7:57 pm
  18. nc

Does law enforcement have the woodchipper in their possession? I read the man who owns the woodchipper had to buy a new one for this reason. I don't know if this is true.

October 27, 2010 at 7:57 pm
  19. Linda Sauvageau

This case has me in tears every time I see Zahra's beautiful smiling face on your show. It's just absolutely sickening what this little girl had to endure in her short life but I am sure God has made her one of his most precious angels. Her father and stepmother on the other hand should burn in hell forever!!! I am wondering if any of Nancy's staff has been able to contact Zahra's grandparents in Australia. It would be nice to hear from them as to their reaction to this horrible end for their beautiful granddaughter.

October 27, 2010 at 8:11 pm
  20. myrna

I was listening to the 911 call and something bothers me. When the father is describing what happenned he siad she has a prothetic leg and apparently they took her prosthetic leg as if she was not using the protesis at the time she was taken. How he could said that if he does not know what happen She could be taken with her protesis Now the police found her prosthetic leg When you see the photos sahra is wearing always her protesis Either she was killed when she was in bed or not wearing her protesis because it took more time to take off her body the protesis or maybe her body was dismembered Something strange in this comment

October 27, 2010 at 8:11 pm
  21. susan decker

What is this world coming to? I went to bed last night just crying for this little girl. I am sadly unemployed at the moment but, my God...I would have gladly taken her in and given her the love and support she needed. This is just an outrage that someone wasn't there for Zahara...what do our "Child Protective Services" do all day in their offices? This woman, who called herself a "Step-mother" should be prosecuted to the fullest! This case as the many others have given me a drive to go and finish my degree in Family Services instead of business! This system is a joke and needs a major overhaul! This has got to stop!

October 27, 2010 at 8:18 pm
  22. wendy paradise

Most likely Zharas folks where getting some form of federal funds

October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm
  23. michelle johnson

Ms. Nancy,
    With all due respect I would like to know where the hell Zahra's birth mother is. I understand she is not currently in the America but if this were my child you would not be able to get me to leave America. I have yet to see or hear anything from her, other than she was in her home country. The disaperance of this young girl has really hit me at heart. I have a young daughter myself and I could not imagine anything happening while she is in the hands of her father and his wife. God Bless Zahra and have mercy on the souls of the monsters who have taken the life of this beautiful little girl.

October 27, 2010 at 9:28 pm
  24. Millie

With regard to poor little Zahra, I believe that she was put in the chipper and the reason the evil stepmom set the back yard on fire was to destroy the blood and pieces that go flying out of the chipper into the back yard. That is why the cadaver dogs hit on the chipper. And like another viewer commented, the prosthetic leg could not be put into the chipper so she took it to the other place to get rid ot it. I know thatf Zahra is now a beautiful little angel, perfectly whole now and sitting on Jesus' lap with his loving arms around her. I just can't believe that there are such horrible people in this world that could not love a child so precious. They will all meet there maker some day and be judged for what they did. This is just so sad.

October 27, 2010 at 9:54 pm
  25. dorothy ramsey

If you review the early interview with Zarha's father at his house, you will notice that when he was asked what kind of child she was, he spoke of Zarhra in the past tense-i.e "she was a sweet child" It is unusual for a parent that believes his child is alive, to speak of her in the past tense.

October 27, 2010 at 9:55 pm
  26. Gary Ritter

The police let the dad out of jail with only a 700 bond. You have indicated that they had a ultieral motive for, namely tracking him to the possible location for her body.

If I were him I would be trying to find out every thing the police knows or plans. So I would be watching the news channels, and your show. If that is the case, don't you think your comments could have tipped him off; as to the police's plans to follow him to the grave site.

Thank you, and I pray both parents get what they gave to their daughter.
    Gary Ritter

October 27, 2010 at 10:03 pm
  27. Laverne Pennie

After watching T.V. today and listening to neighbors in the area about the foul order,which they believed were dead animals.

I remember a incident where a mother gave her daughter to a drug addict,he raped and killed the girl and threw her body in the field with the dead animals so no one could distinguish the smell from the animals,but the dogs tracked her anyway's.

I will be glad when they find Zahra so she knows someone loves her and she can still SMILE and rest in PEACE.

GOD have Mercy on who ever killed her,they will live in HELL on Earth and real HELL when they die.

There Soul will never rest on this EARTH nor HELL. The inmates will surely kill this lady viciously.

October 27, 2010 at 10:06 pm
  28. Chrissie L. Scott

I've been following the tragic story of Zahra Baker. I find myself so sickened by this. How someone could be so brutal to any child, much less their own child is just mind blowing. I also find myself wanting to come join the search for the little angel so she may be put to rest properly and so the person(s) responsible can pay for what they've done. I did want to say that as i watched the broadcast tonight, I couldn't help wondering why the wood pile is still there. I know that sounds minor, and they are doing everything they possibly can to recover poor Zahra's body, but, you know the old saying, "Leave no stone unturned". Sometimes the most unlikely places are where they wind up being found and other times, the most obvious places are where they think no one will look. I want so badly for her to be found. It breaks my heart how a child who had been through so much could still see the bright side of life, to smile through all of the pain she had been through and no doubt still went through up until her disappearance. We could all learn from the bravery that this little girl displayed in every picture and video we've seen of her. God Bless you little Zahra. I'm sorry you couldn't have had the life you deserve. May you have it now in heaven.

October 27, 2010 at 10:19 pm
  29. nnaannccyy

Let's hope the witch that killed this poor little girl fesses up and tells police what she did with the body.

October 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm
  30. crystal canipe

IThis is what I think happened... One took the mattress one took the leg both used the woodchipper for her body mixed it in with chips of wood and spreaded it all around the house...NO BODY NO CHARGE NO MURDER! which is sad, this lil girl needs justice especially if it was done that way...There has to be some kind of evidence from the woodchipper, they need to get CSI in there..May u rest in peace with Our Heavenly Father..He will keep you safe and love like no other...

October 27, 2010 at 10:41 pm
  31. Amanda

I was just curious to know about her real mother. I work so I have missed some of this but where is her real mother? Alive, dead? I haven't heard her mentioned at all. Not saying she is to blame but wondering if she is alive and her thoughts about this. Such a sad situation. Praying they solve this and that justice will be done,,,,, Poor girl. She is perfect now in heaven.

October 27, 2010 at 10:56 pm
  32. Brooke

It is so sad that this little girl has survived so much only to have possibly met this horrible fate. I can only find peace in the thought that she is at the right hand of our God – complete as she was the day she was born.

October 27, 2010 at 11:39 pm
  33. CHOMP

How do you comment on a story of a beautiful, smiling, always smiling, young girl when you are crying about her loss? The short life of Zahra Baker breaks my heart!

October 27, 2010 at 11:49 pm
  34. Luann Dean

I believe they're most likely looking for pieces of that little girls' body in that back yard. I think those sickos dismembered her probably with some kind of tools the daddy worked with either from his job or from his house. Of course, those tools were probably discarded. I think they've had plenty of time on their hands on how to come up with some story of how Zahra disappeared. She's probably been gone for weeks to a months time I would bet! They may have even thought of using this ransom story and tie it in with his work if he did use anything there to dismember her body, that way, if any evidence would be found at his jobsite, he could just say it was those kidnappers. It is absolutely ludacris that they would actually sit there and come up with some cockamamie story about some kidnappers nabbing the wrong kid and actually think that people were gonna buy that crap? Puh-leez! You know they set that fire themselves too! What for? Just to make the story sound legit or cover up evidence? Or both, perhaps? Surely she was killed somewhere inside or around the home....they surely will find evidence I just know it!

October 28, 2010 at 12:30 am
  35. Carrie

I believe that they will not find Zahra's remains. If they put her through the wood chipper, she would be almost disintegrated. But they couldn't destroy the leg so they drove past their old home & heaved it out a window.into a field hoping never to be found.

October 28, 2010 at 12:31 am
  36. Karen Widener

I don't understand people that treat there children this way, and never will. Why don't they give them up to be adopted or put them in foster care to a good loving home. This story breaks my heart! If by some miracle she is found a live I would adopt her.

October 28, 2010 at 12:52 am
  37. Kirstie Neese

I just heard on Nancy Grace that Zahra had bone and lung cancer. What if the cancer came back, and the girl wanted an assisted suicide, and the parents helped and are trying to cover that up.

October 28, 2010 at 2:14 am
  38. Kath

My heart just cries for this child. I pray that where she is now has given her a set of beautiful wings, bless her soul.

October 28, 2010 at 2:16 am
  39. Maya

Where is her biological mother is she alive she disappeared from there lives has anyone heard from her

October 28, 2010 at 2:32 am
  40. Cindy Toney

Has the police checked the septic tank at both locations. With Hickory being in a rural area most home would be on community water and have their own septic tanks and probably there is old wells that have been covered up too.

God Bless
    Cindy Toney
    Mt Airy North Carolina

October 28, 2010 at 3:10 am
  41. Beth Pottschmidt

I am a pediatric registered nurse and I worked 4 years on a pediatric oncology unit. One should consider that Zahra's cancer had returned. I think the "lung" cancer that has been referred to was actually metastasis from the bone cancer she was previously treated for. Perhaps step mom did not want to pay for, or be inconvenienced by, the expensive MRI's, CAT scans, blood tests, etc. that are part of cancer care follow up for many years after treatment is completed. Maybe step mother suspected cancer had returned; perhaps Zahra complained of bone pain, fatigue, weight loss, etc. Perhaps she decided to kill her so as to save money and avoid the strain of taking her to doctors appointments for testing and chemotherapy and/or radiation. It is reported that Zahra was 5'1". She weighed 85 pounds. That makes her body mass index 16.1. Underweight is considered below 18.5. They were either starving her, or her cancer was back, they had not taken her to be treated, knew they'd be in trouble with Children's Services, and so decided to get rid of her. Evil woman. Rest in peace beautiful Zahra.

October 28, 2010 at 6:48 am
  42. Kim

I think that Zahra's dad commented on the 911 call about Zahra in puberty so that would justify any blood found in the house or on the mattress if found......just a thought....I hope the step mom and dad rot in hell!

October 28, 2010 at 8:13 am
  43. Sonya

I just cannot imagine the cruelty this child endured. I just look at her picture and I want to just take her home with me and take care of her and treat her with the kindness and love she deserves. I cannot choose who is worse, that thing people call a step-mother or the other thing referred to as her father. One hurt and abused her while the other did nothing to stop it. How can anyone be so cruel!!! I just think of that child's life and my heart brakes. I don't know why this story is just haunting me. I cannot stop thinking about it. I do know that I would love just 5 minutes alone in a room with that woman. I would LOVE to beat the ever living crap out of her while the father watched and then put a bullet between both of their eyes. I hope they rot in hell for all eternity. That little precious girl is with the Lord now and she is a little angel up in Heaven with all the other innocent little children that have had their lives taken from them by these devils roaming around on this Earth. God bless her little soul.

October 28, 2010 at 8:19 am
  44. frances

I find it amazing that the stepmother started cooperating once the father was in custody. It makes you wonder if she is going to implicate that he was the mastermind behind all of this and that she was another "helpless victim." They are both guilty...and I hope that they are both tortured for the rest of their lives for what they did to this poor, defenseless child.

October 28, 2010 at 8:46 am
  45. Lynn

I am curious on where the childs biological mother is... this is such an unfortunate event and its very sad that this poor child had to live with the illnesses that she has over come and now to be murdered by her own father and step mother... Those monsters aught to rot in hell....

October 28, 2010 at 9:05 am
  46. Kathy H

I am assuming that they are searching for bone fragments...didn't the dogs "hit" on a wood chipper?

October 28, 2010 at 9:38 am
  47. Autumn O'Neal

First, If I offend anyone at all I'm sorry, but if the police have enough evidence or suspension that a crime as horrific as this has taken place, and the parent is the one in question, I know you have spoke before regarding a lie detector test, but what about the use of truth serum?
    Its declared "torture" ...which I do not agree with , I believe if someone is claiming their innocence they would gladly agree to the use of truth serum. If the person(s) in question refuse to use this, don't you think they are saying they are guilty at that point.
    Second, I'm not saying that some people deserve special treatment or laws, but when a child has been abducted or found murdered, I feel that we should do whatever it takes to find that child because they are defenseless. I know this is breaking our laws as Americans but maybe if this was used , along with other consequences I will not speak of (eye for an eye) that it may eliminate pedophiles or killers all together. Wishful thinking! As a mother, christian or simply as a human, I can barely watch whats happening to these children on TV. May God bless Zahra and I pray she is alive but if not Godspeed to that precious child.

October 28, 2010 at 9:50 am
  48. Belle

Zahra’s mother Elisa Baker has been providing information to police???

This should be corrected because this Monster is the little girls STEP-MOTHER!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 10:01 am
  49. Liz

I just don't understand why people don't give their children to a family member or to the state if they don't want to be parent's anymore. Why do they have to kill their children?
    Why let this beautiful girl not only survive cancer once but twice, losing her leg and eye sight, only to kill her after she is better? Did they do it because they were angry at her for getting better, now they don't have the attention they want from her sickness? I just don't understand. She was such a beautiful, strong girl. I would have taken her in a second, I just don't understand. At least she is no longer in pain, she is no longer abused by her step mother/father.
    My question, where in the heck is her biological mother? Why was she not with her? Why are these children being murdered by the ones who are suppose to love and protect them?

October 28, 2010 at 11:02 am
  50. Jackie C

Is there a way for Zahra's father to escape the U.S. by going to the Australian consulate/embassy and asking for asylum because the United States has the death penalty and Australia does not?

October 28, 2010 at 11:19 am
  51. angel

I cant help but to cry every night when I watch Nancy Grace cover the Zahra Baker story...This poor angel lived most of her short life in pain and suffering..Every picture of her brings me to tears..I cant help but to wonder why no one spoke up when they suspected or saw the evidence of abuse this poor child was suffering,,Her death could have been prevented had someone spoke up in her defense, this saddens me deeply and makes me feel that she had no one on her side... Sweet ,beautiful, angel,Zahra may you find some peace soon..

October 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm
  52. Sherri

When is this country of ours going to stop tolerating children being murdered and abused? When are we going to make the punishment so severe that these complete psychos think twice before attacking a child. ENOUGH Already. !!!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm
  53. Shirley

Her real Mom is in another country and she left her when she was a few months old.

I heard last night that her biological family have come over, a little late, huh?

October 28, 2010 at 12:38 pm
  54. Amber

Sweet Zahra was failed...by all who knew she was being treated so unfairly...It is a hard lesson and may we all learn from it. Zahra, if you are alive may you find the true love you've so long been deprived of in a new family. May you truly see who God made you to be ... and may you find it in the new love that I pray surrounds you. My husband and I and our three sons would have loved to have loved you...But if you now dance with our Savior, Jesus Christ, you have found all the you could ever dream of and then some! God bless you, sweet girl. Hugs and Much Love.

October 28, 2010 at 1:19 pm
  55. Mother x4 always

This story is so sad, actually pathetic. The Bakers, The Croslins, The Anthonys,The Cummings, all a very sick sick pathetic bunch!!!! I lost my daughter last Janurary and I would have given anything to be able to take care of Zahra as the little angle she now is. God must have given her a special pair of wings when she got to heaven. This story makes my heart ache. It makes me miss my little girl, it makes me think about all the people out there that would have loved to take good care of this little girl and not miss treat her. It makes me think about other kids out there that do not have someone to speak for them, or take care of them.

October 28, 2010 at 1:36 pm
  56. Heather Taylor

It really makes me sad that parents would do things like this to their children. As parents we are suppose to protect our children at any cost. I am a mother of one 14 year old daughter and there is nothing that I would not do to protect her!

October 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm
  57. teremist

This quote, is from my own writings: "There is no depth of depravity, to which men, (and women,) are unwilling to sink." Let us hope, that the full wrath of the Law descends onto these slime, and Zahara gets the justice in death, she never had in life.

October 28, 2010 at 2:15 pm
  58. Kathleen

I pray they find Zahra, but all signs look as if she is dead. I hope and pray that her 'parents', if you can call them that, have disposed of her body in a decent manner where authorities will be able to find her and lay her to rest. My heart aches at the thought her 'parent' disposed of her via the wood chipper-what evil beings these two are..

October 28, 2010 at 2:28 pm
  59. Louise

I dont understand why they show a picture of them taking a mattress and frames out of the home after Zahra went missing then they released that they found a mattress at a landfill and say they believe it to be Zahr'a. Is this the result of something gone wrong..... Did they purchase a new one to cover something up after tossing the old one out that has DNA all over as to what happened to Zahra....
    May God Bless this little girl !!!!

October 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm
  60. Debbie

This "EVIL" stepmother knows something !!!!
    God Bless you Zahra !!!

October 28, 2010 at 2:52 pm
  61. shecallsmepeanut

If they found the leg why can they not find the child? My thoughts and prayers are with the family who cared about this little girl. I hope they find her soon and find her safe.

October 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm
  62. Janet

There are no words to adequetly describe this tragedy. Frankly, my brain just can't absorb what has happened to Zahra Baker....it's heart wrenching. Her face and beautiful smile keep appearing in my thoughts, and it's painful. So brave....she overcame such horrific illnesses in her brief life. So tragic....she was betrayed by the people she trusted the most. How sad she'll never know just how many people love her....myself included.

October 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm
  63. Ciindy

WHY AREN'T THEY USING CADAVER DOGS NOW???? THAT'S A NO BRAINER!!!!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm
  64. Deanna

I am dumbfounded on what the registered nurse posted previously. Who cares if the cancer had returned. What is she saying? That its ok if a parent kills a child because they don't wanna pay bills or deal with taking them to the Dr.! First of all if you love your child or step child then you would walk through hell for them. Second of all, she was beating Zahra even when she was well. Which possibly is the reason for her weght comparison to her height. I also am a Nurse and know that there is a possibilty that her weight is due to depression because of her living conditions and getting the crap beat out her on a regular basis. And, shame on all of you family members and friends that knew this was going on and you turn your head like it was no big deal! I believe in innocent until proven guilty but, if these parents are guilty then I think they should have the ever living hell beat out of them with that prosthetic leg that they found and then take a little walk down to the wood chipper. themselves.

October 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm
  65. Carole

We here in Michigan have lost a child, an amber alert went out for a 15 year girl yesterday her name Taylor Mariley. The man who took her was Ryamond Bush. They were found dead. She was to testify in court against him yesrerday. What a sad day. What is happening in our world, How can we protect our children?

October 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm
  66. Louisa

Why bring this child into the world, when you know you cannot take care of her?. May God bless her soul.

October 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm
  67. Joan

This story breaks my heart! She is such a beautiful little girl, and looks like she couldn't be sweeter. How could someone be so cruel to her? I wonder what the last few hours of her life must have been like. I would have taken that sweet child in a second and given her a home where she would have been loved.

I do get comfort knowing that she is now in the presence of Jesus. And He will wipe every tear from her eye, and she will no longer have to be in the hands of a woman who should have protected and nurtured her.

October 28, 2010 at 5:53 pm
  68. Tammy

I feel that Zahra's step-mother needs a good old fashion ass whipping

October 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm
  69. Reba

Seeing the beautiful smile on this little girl face bring tears to my eyes and hurt to my heart.After all she has been through she is stilll smiling.I pray that her body will be found.I know she is Happy now with Jesus,My God what a beautiful Angel with that smile.why did all those people that seen her brusies and knew she was being mistreated didnt do more.Whoever did this dont deserve living on this earth.zahra I love you dearly sweety.I will pray that justice will be waiting for the evil ones that did this.I can just picture you as a Beautiful Happy Angel with a beautiful Smile

October 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm
  70. Tammy

I feel that Zahra's step-mother deserves to have her butt whipped!

October 28, 2010 at 7:08 pm
  71. joan m jung

Where were all the people in Zahra's life? Teachers, parents, neighbors, other relatives/friends??? There must have been signs of trouble and abuse. Where were the TEACHERS??????

Why did everyone abandon this child?

October 28, 2010 at 7:10 pm
  72. Katie

Vaedra Bowman I agree with you, being the human being I am as well I could not forgive these parents. Look at this precious child; having already gone through her parents breakup, moving far away from her mother, who by God would not have wanted to keep this beautiful little girl anyways!?
    Anyone one of us would have loved to have taken in this little darling and given her a happy healthy home.
    Going through cancer, hearing loss, leg loss, and as I heard on Nancy Grace lung cancer too? Well it sounds like little Zahra was living in hell at home, we can pray she is living in heaven where she will forever be happy and pain free.

October 28, 2010 at 8:14 pm
  73. AMY

I have a question when her step mom called police to say her backyard was on fire did this not flag police when she went missing to look for her there? and where is her mom and grandmother ?

October 28, 2010 at 9:58 pm
  74. d janesko

There appears to to an increase in this country regarding the abuse and murder of children. This is a terrible epidemic and more terrifying is the fact that the abuse and murder in most cases is at the hands of the child's parent. God Bless and watch over all the children.

October 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm
  75. Gloria Darcy

I think she is in the backyard in pieces. It is just horrible!
    My question is .... Zahra always had a beautiful smile in her pictures. Would a child of abuse smile so sweetly?

October 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm
  76. Jenn C

I wish they would do a lie detector on both father and Step mother, I feel the step mother knows exactly what happened to this little girl, I have a ten year old lilttle girl and if anyone was mis-treating her I would be sitting in jail for protecting my litttle girl and if the father knows what happened to his daughter and he let it happen then he is just as much to blame as the step mother... What gets me also is she had a black eye in a photo, didn't her school question the black eye?? Didn't her father question the black eye? If she was being mis-treated why didn't these people step up and get this little girl help??? They step up now when she is missing, All this is so wrong I just pray for this little girl, it really breaks my heart.

October 29, 2010 at 8:29 am
  77. Janet

I was wondering something. Not long into this investigation, someone mentioned that they had a car that had not been seen in awhile. It was not the 2 set on fire, but another one. I think maybe a Monte Carlo? Does anyone know what happened to it?

October 29, 2010 at 10:15 am
  78. Kerri

Well, not only do i blame the parents for this childs murder I blame all those people who KNEW about her neglect and abuse and didn't report it! How can any human being be aware that something is amiss and close their eyes to it? Now, this girl is dead. She had no one to save her from EVIL! This is the OUTCOME of those peoples that say" OH, I don't want to get involved"! Shame on all of you who think this way!

October 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm
  79. maria

Speculating on Zahra's wherabouts may be difficult even with cadaver dogs, but my mind and gut tells me all the information you need is in the 911 calls. The fire and the 'she was taken' call. Poor child was so failed by everything and everyone. God rest her soul.

October 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm
  80. christina klein

Why cant they do a lie deter test? or do death penatly anymore?
    Zahra i feel so bad for her! she didnt deserve this..no children deserve their own parents killing them and murdering people.
    im sorry this is a shame, they need to lock up those parents and give them the death penalty. i dont know how could people do this to their own flesh in blood , their child. these people are getting away from alot of stuff in this world now. I bet they give them a lie deter test they will fail! then u could put them in jail. I hope Zahra is still alive and can tell her story! if she isnt God be with her! and angels are with her..and i hoppe they find her soon! and put those Bas******! in jail to death. So sorry that stuff like this has to happen to children around the world its a shame! god bless Zahra! hope they find her then she can rest in peace if she gone. :)

October 30, 2010 at 8:15 pm
  81. DEBRA WARD

well we all know that wicked step mother premeditated this murder of this child she was in the furniture store looking for a bed replacement before she took the life of this poor little girl i hop they hang that biotch sure would like to be oin prison with her i would tear her ass apart

October 30, 2010 at 8:47 pm
  82. Jenn C

I feel they are being closed lip about what they find in evidence for they are building their case against the step mother, so they can get pure JUSTICE for this little girl, I just keeping faith and HOPE she is still alive, I just don't want to think this beautiful child is gone, it's so sad.

October 30, 2010 at 10:18 pm
  83. sherri

I am so sorry that this little girl didn,t have anyone to help her, May she rest in peace.

October 31, 2010 at 4:06 am
  84. AEE

Who can abuse and murder a child? What's even worse is that she lost her leg to cancer! Her father and everyone ithat knew about it and did nothing should be held responsible for this tragedy! No one, not even her father, did anything! And even though this poor girl been through enough, her stepmom abused her, for what? Why does authorities never get involved until something a child is murdered? Then it like "We failed, yadadada." If you see a child being abused, report it and get the child out of there!

October 31, 2010 at 12:25 pm
  85. Tina

This Little girl touched me just by the endurance she showed with her battled with cancer, not just lung cancer but bone cancer and loosing her hearing and her leg as a result as well. Yet we see in her photographs such a beautiful spirit that cancer couldn't put out and I know that where she is not her EVIL, DEMENTED, SICKENING POOR EXCUSES FOR PARENTS have not been able to extenquish either. I hope they are QUICKLY brought to justice and they burn in HELL where they each belong. It is truly a pity that they cannot each experience the kind of pain, horror and extreme terror that poor child felf. Yet one can see in her eyes that all she wanted was love and she had so much of it to give and they felt that they had the right to exstinguish the glowing light within her and deprive the world of a beautiful yourng girl who had so much love to give and no doubt as an adult would contribute even more. I know that GOD has an extra special Little Angel with HIM tonight. GOD Bliess you little Zahra and bathe you in HIS Glorious love, light and abundance of joy that you had such little of. The world truly missed such a tremendous person amoung us. Much Love, My Family and I

November 1, 2010 at 1:14 am
  86. Karla French

This should be a lesson to many of us that think minding your own business is a good thing. We should all pay more attention for the good of children for sure.

November 1, 2010 at 9:40 am
  87. Anomyous

The word in Catawba County is that the DA has made a plea bargin for 2nd degree murder for her information. This hasn't been announced because of the election, this DA is running for re-election. You don't kill a child and get by with 2nd degree murder, they should treat her as she did to that little girl and then death should be the only other punishment that woman should receive.

November 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm
  88. Liz

I am so sadden to hear the update on this wonderful child. I was so praying I would be wrong about all this and the feelings or rather insights and flashes I had about this case. I have a feeling if they some how do test on the wood chipper and whatever remains are near there if they havnt been burned up already they will find what happen to the little girl. May God show mercy on the step mom and her father too because I dont see anyone on earth showing them anything.

November 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm
  89. Laurie

I can not understand why someone would want to hurt a child. I think they reserve a special place in HELL for people like that. And that I'm crazy and didn't know what I was doing does not wash with me either. My son is 31 but God help the person who hurts him. It's called being mean and selfish. If the Zahra was last seen a month ago, is the father a suspect? I find it hard to believe that he is unaware of what has happened to his child. He may not have been a part of the actual murder but I would think he had to know after that fact. I just pray that when the little girl was murdered that they did not make her suffer. I pray that they find her body so she can be laid to rest properly, even though I know she is in heaven with the angels, she deserves that much.

November 1, 2010 at 7:35 pm
  90. Cynthia

On the 911 call, the dad:
    1)says 'how ya doin'?'
    2)laughs & jokes
    3)admits he did not check on dau prev night w/ all of the activity @ the home (a child would have heard the commotion & come out on their own)
    4)says she stays in room most of time – why? who was she staying away from and why?
    I hope that authorities check him out too!

November 1, 2010 at 7:53 pm
  91. christina klein

did they ever do a lie deter test yet? i havnt heard nothing about that yet? dont they do death penatly anymore ? or lie deter test? i bet they do it, they will get the people that done this... its a shame for this little precious angel, I hope they do something really soon! they need to start doing stuff again, and get on their butts. ITs a shame what is going on in this world... it really is... expeally all these loving children, and people have to kill them, what is wrong with them! they need the death pen.

November 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm
  92. Patsy

It is obvious that police have been receiving information from one of the persons of interest. Some have even said, the step mother is cooperating. The findings of the prosthetic in a remote area points to the step mother. Since she was previously taken from her jail cell and taken to a remote area previously.
    We can assume the truck that was put on fire was used to transport Zahra. We can assume that they had plenty of time to handle a clean up of her room - before they sounded the alarm that Zahra was missing.
    Her room should be taken apart with a fine tooth comb, floor boards, rugs, doors walls etc. Plus the drains, sewer pipes etc. This will help indicate "how to look for". I am in the thought that the missing girl was moved after being hidden either in the house or the yard for a few days. The fathers comments regarding "puberty" actually concerned me - I would be interested if he had history of porn, or a fasination with your girls. I am surprised to see that there is no direct finger pointing from the mother to the father at this point. No cell phones, no internet, what about a vehicle GPS system to determine where that vehicle has been.
    The neighbor mentioned an attack before. That is a spot the step-mother is accustom to. All's I want to know - is how did the step mother hide the little girls remains for a number of days without the father asking - where is Zahra? hhhmm
    I truly hope the ADA gets involved and suggests added sentencing down the road.

November 1, 2010 at 9:19 pm
  93. amothers_love

I'm sure justice will be severed in this case. Zahra's prosthetic leg, D.N.A in both vehicles by the cadaver dogs, cadaver dogs hit on the wood chipper of possible D.N.A, D.N.A if a match is on the mattress they found at the land-fill, and possible bone fragments in the mulch pile and who knows what else they have found at the house and other places that can't be known at this present time.......Sound's like they are building one Bomb Shell of a Case. They have the best people working on this case, Police, FBI,SBI and ect. God bless all the people working hard on this case. May you rest in peace sweet Zahra, and know you are loved by all people here on earth! All of God's love sweet angel!

November 2, 2010 at 12:16 am
  94. SUE

THESE PEOPLE NEEDED MONEY!
    THEY COULD HAVE SOLD ZHARA FOR A SEX SLAVE!

November 2, 2010 at 6:18 am
  95. jennifer

FIRST, I would like to say that it is NOT Hickory COUNTY Police, that was reported earlier. It is Hickory Police Department for the CITY of Hickory. Secondly, as of November 1st, the prosthetic leg that was found was confirmed to be Zahra's.

November 2, 2010 at 1:22 pm
  96. christina klein

did they ever do a lie deter test?

what happen with that? i havnt heard anything about that yet? did they do one? or try to do one? what happen? they should do one! then they can be put to death. I feel so for her, i hope she can be still alive so she can tell who did this to her and put them away for good.

November 2, 2010 at 1:46 pm
  97. sandra

When the searched the house and took the paneling and sheetrock, could it have had blood on it. The reason I wonder this is they said that the police were in there and they had covered the windows could they have sprayed the stuff that shows up blood, I think it is called luminol could that be why they covered the window.

Why didn't they leave this sweet little girl with her grandmother where she was happy. This is so sad,
    Sandra

November 2, 2010 at 7:27 pm
  98. Sheryl

I feel like her step mother killed her and justified it by claiming she was being bad and fell or something and her father covered up the crime. They are both involved in this and both guilty and I think they should be asked to take a lie detector and told that it will be made public that they deny it if they do because this will expose them by publically announcing if they deny it and this may encourage them to take one. Her letter sounds like a 16 year old school girl, really? It is also a ploy to plant guilt on him and attempt to misdirect the case away from her. Obviously she was abusing poor Zahra and he could not control the situation but I feel like he did a horrific thing if indeed he disposed of her through the wood chipper. However, their should still be DNA evidence if he did.
    I really hope these two people never see freedom again and I don't understand why he is free because he participated in Zahra's confinement in the attic and he participated in this kidnapping ploy as well. I pray the truth comes out soon.

November 2, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  99. Tania

I wonder if Zahra's prostetic leg was burnt or charred somewhat. I think that the fire in the backyard may have been the gravesite for this poor little girl.
    On Nancys' show tonight, November 2, 2010, Zahra's evil stepmother alluded to the fact that her husband had done something really terrifying
    after the fact. What could be more terrifying than being burnt to death?
    After all, Mommy dearest was involved in witchcraft or something similar and these people believe in sacrificial burnings.
    Awful to think about for sure. Only hope is that we know little Zahra is in the loving arms of Jesus.

November 2, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  100. JBE

Of course abuse escalates over time. Life has no value to people who enjoy inflicting pain and humiliation on the helpless, like animals, children, elderly, disabled, etc. Apparently, Zahra experienced psychological and physical abuse for a long time before she died. But one wonders why father called 911 in the first place. Zahra had been "home schooled" and had been kept from others. Father and stepmother could have disposed of Zahra's remains, fled the scene, and any fragments of evidence long gone before this heinous act was discovered. I wonder what spooked them into action( the letter, the fire, the 911 call)?

November 2, 2010 at 10:45 pm
  101. amothers_love

I just read the letters, that are now out! Written by the StepMother (E.B). She is blaming Adam and says she is scared of him! I bet you its the other way around! I bet you Adam is sacred of (E.B). It sounds like Step Mother(E.B) is trying to (Frame) the Dad. I'm not saying the Dad is totally innocent, but Zahra lived with the Dad for 8 years before coming here to the U.S. and didn't die, while she was with just her Dad and his Family. Maybe Adam wanted out of the marriage, and (E.B) killed the child. The Step Mother had made threats against other family members, that were scared of her. Sounds to me like (E.B) is mad, because Adam is out on Bond and this is here way of getting even with him! The Step Mother Letter's are a real eye opener! Lots of clues their, just read them, and any smart person can read between the lines! All of God's Love to Zahra and the Grand-Mother that loved her, and took care of her! All of God's Love Sweet Angel!

November 2, 2010 at 11:35 pm
  102. Tammy Jones

LITTLE ZAHARA........I watch the Nancy Grace show at least three to four times a week and have followed this story from the beginning. I can barely look at this precious child without tears coming to my eyes. For the life of me, I cannot fathom the pain and humiliation she suffered throughout her little life and yet.....she continued to smile through it all. Her father is less of a man to not have protected her from that evil monster of a stepmother, they both will pay dearly. When they find Zahara's remains, and they will, please do something special in her honor Nancy. The whole nation will be watching, mourning a little innocent life snuffed out, yet rejoicing that one of God's children has made it home.

November 3, 2010 at 11:27 am
  103. Sue Lindsay

P previously email and God has answered everyones prayers. The 8 yr. old of Olathe, KS has been just found wandering in a field. It appears he is not hurt. I still have frustrations over when an amber alert should be issued. Even if he only got lost there are still a lot of people out there that would hurt him. Example what would happen had he went to a sex offender's door asking for help? I do watch your show a lot and also I love your new show. On a serious note I thank you for all of the work you do to protect children. You are also a great mother.

November 3, 2010 at 2:37 pm
  104. Kim

Where is the bio. mom

November 3, 2010 at 2:47 pm
  105. astonished

The step "mom" is evil. she is so eager to latch onto anyone who pays her attention and so intent on incriminating the bio Dad – what's wrong with this picture? The step "mom" is the one who has done something horrific to this poor defenseless girl, not the Dad – I think he's just oblivious and helpless and numb at this point, totally clueless. I'd look for a "vampire wanna-be" boyfriend to the step "mom" and find out who she had been hanging out with – and probably sleeping with – at the time of the little girls disappearance. I think the whole thing stinks! Everything she's accusing the bio Dad of she is more than capable to doing herself!! Pure evil and just plain stupid. please pray for that little brave beautiful girl

November 3, 2010 at 3:06 pm
  106. Sandy

what is this world coming to, this is so sad, why is all this happening to children, why children,, I would myself took care of her, My goodness ,, this is just uncalled for who ever did anything to this poor little girl should go right to the death chair do not stop , No fair trail , did they give that little girl a chose no they took her life ... and just think that is ok, step mother where was her real mother? is her real mother alive??

November 3, 2010 at 4:01 pm
  107. Tom

There's NO Hickory County Police in that area!!!! It's Hickory City Police of Catawba County. I am also annoyed at people assuming that this is a small area besides Hudson, where they found the leg, is in Caldwell County which is almost 45minutes away from Hickory!

November 3, 2010 at 7:46 pm
  108. jeff huerta

back a tree chipper up to the edge of a pond?
    there goes blood evidence, but the bone chips would float right?
    eventually working their way to the shore line.

was there any tree/wood etc. found in the burning vehicle?
    perhaps tree chipper into vehicle, then transported to pond.
    how would you ever hide a mess in a vehicle like that but to burn it?

November 3, 2010 at 8:41 pm
  109. amothers_love

I just read the Step Mothers Letters again. Its sounds like (E.B.) is trying to Frame the Dad Adam for what happened to Zahra. It also sounds like (E.B.) is having doubts about Adam maybe seeing someone else and she is questioning herself about divorcing Adam? And again (E.B) is shifting the blame to Adam? Maybe (E.B.) was cheating on Adam? What about the Man from England that gave (E.B) $10,000? What man gives a married woman money? Thats not her husband? And for what? I think (E.B) flipped out and lost control, over something that didn't go her way! Maybe drug's, money, or her cheating on Adam, and getting caught and maybe Adam wanting out of the marriage and (E.B.) did something horrible to Zahra. (E.B)'S letters are about, attention on (Herself )she uses the words( I) and (Me) plenty of times. She is wanting out, she is mad, she stressed, she flipped out, because Adam bonded out of jail! Things didn't go like they were suppose to, she is scare! She has nothing to life for, and flirting with this friend, who has the letters on his web site! I pray God will help all the right people to solve this case for that sweet, beautiful, Zahra! All of God's Love and Strength to all of the Law Enforcement Personal working hard on this case! God's Love to A Angel Named Zahra!

November 3, 2010 at 11:06 pm
  110. Teresa Davis

Hey Nancy,
    I bet she is in the chips.That would be a horrible thing. Please inquire about the dad more.Maybe hes having a flinge with the step daughter,and she wants mommy put away? And maybe poor little Zarha new to much.And maybe they went getting anymore drugs and sympothy Zarhas illnesses and mommy and step dad went crazy?

November 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm
  111. Dorian Dail

I believe Zahara Died alone in bed and decomposed,In thier sick minds they knew they were going to lail if they called authoritys.

November 4, 2010 at 7:33 pm
  112. Dorian Dail

This is as simple as Child Abuse,Neglect,And pure and evil FEAR!!!!!!!!

November 4, 2010 at 7:37 pm
  113. Denaye Baker

Hi Nancy

I did some research on a couple things, after reading Elisa Baker's jailhouse letters. As, I was curious about her signing her letters Dark Love. And, I did find out various things about Dark Love. One, there is a Video out called Dark Love/School of masochits, which is a Japanese hentai animation film. This is the Plot Summary: A mansion with a young owner, turns to be just the face of an occult practice on this world. Young ladies are trained to serve well the desires of the man who can pay for it. Brutality and torture are just normal things to this family. Also debts from womans can be paid with just a single word of acceptance to render their bodies to the most barbaric practices. But in the end the excess can have a high cost.

There is also a Gothic dating site called Dark Love.

Anyways, I have a theory, that Elisa Baker poisoned Zahra. And, when she and Adam found her dead, Elisa convinced Adam to dispose of her body, so they could not do an autopsy to determine cause of death. Adam was probably not aware that she had been poisoned, but had been so ridden with guilt that he had neglected his daughter for weeks. And, that she had probably been deceased for days, when they found Zahra. Hence, it was easy for Elisa to convince Adam to dispose of her body. I Betcha, Elisa Baker will be sentenced to two years, and Adam Baker will be sentenced for ten years. Guaranteed, that this death was not accidental, that it was infact, a cold, calculated, bloody murder. And, the real killer "Elisa Baker", will probably not be convicted of murder because they won't have enough physical evidence to determine cause of death.

November 4, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  114. JOYCE bELCHER

Dear sweet NANCYi have 2GRANDCHILDERN in N.C AND TRIED TO GETTO SEE MY BABIES AND THEY LIVE IN A VERY SAD SITUATION AND I TRIED TO GET DCFS INVOLVED OUT OF CONCERN FOR MY 2WONDERFUL CHILDERN .NANCY I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY CONTACT THE PEOPLE YOU CALL ON .I COULD NOT BELEIVE THA DCFS WOULD WARN THEM SO WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO THAT SWEET LITTLE GIRL . SO I THINK DCFS IN N.C. DONT CARE PLEASE CONTACT ME BECAUSE I NEED HELP WITH MY GRANDCHILDERN THEY LIVE EITH 8PEOPLE IN A HOUE 3BEDROOM PLEASE HELP NANCY JUST KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THANKS JOYCE BELCHER

November 4, 2010 at 8:06 pm
  115. Martha

In the Baker case, if there is a shred of truth to what the mother in jail has written from jail about the father having done something horrible to his daughter, then that would prove he knew she was dead when he called the police to report her missing. Both of those parents need to be tried for murder and sentenced to death. How's that for a prejudice and not giving someone the benefit of being innocent until proven guilty?

November 4, 2010 at 9:35 pm
  116. Marilyn Fair

Now the stepmom says that Zahra was found dead. It makes no sense at all. If that were the case why wouldn't they have just called the police or doctor and gave her a decent funeral, more to this to be found out.

November 4, 2010 at 10:25 pm
  117. christina

WHY DOESNT ANYONE GET A psychic??? DOES ANYONE BELEIVE IN THAT ANYMORE? AND DEATH? OR LIE DETER TEST? IF THEY CANT DO LIE DETER TEST, THEY CAN GET A REALLY GOOD PSYCHIC TO HELP FIND HER. IW ISH I CAN HELP... :(

November 4, 2010 at 10:54 pm
  118. Donna Cheatham

I want to say that I love your show!!! You are truley a blessing... Thank you for being the voice for those that cant speak for themselves. I hope that soon we find little Zarha soon. That swift an\d just legal action be taken to the stepmother, and the father . This is such a heartbreaking story.
    I would like to mention one fact that disturbs me is that they keep saying that the step mpther practiced Witchcraft and was a Wiccan... I know that I speak for the "Just" of Wiccian "s. that the step mother who clims she is Wiccan is not!!! Wiccan. People like her ( who claim to be Pagan/ Wiccan Religion) give us a bad name and she is a disgrace as well as appauling to the Pagan / Wiccan community.
    Me personally it would have been a bad day for the person to would have ever been abusive to my children or any child animal or the elderly in front of me!!!! It just amazes me on how crule people can be.
    I just wanted to say thank you again for being you for your show and for being the voice that are vicims of violent crimes, and making people aware of these crimes.. Bless you, and there is a special place for Angels like you in Heaven... :)
    Respectfully,
    Donna Cheatham
    East Flat Rock, N.C.

November 5, 2010 at 1:24 am
  119. jessica

Everyone keeps asking about child protective services!!! Well let me tell you that Caldwell County Social Services does not care about children All they care about is giving children to their parents and closing the case. I personally was involved with some children who was taken from their drug addicted mother and even thought she did not recieve the classes they ordered the children were given back to her because she passed one drugs test. She would sit and joke just play DSS s game and they will leave you be. The children were placed back with their mother and the case worker said that the mother would have to follow up with the childrens medical and dental care however the children have not been to the dentist or dr since the mother got them back. The children have beeen moved from school to school and are always asking for food when any one sees them. DSS also said they dont care about peoples past it is their future that matters. That is just crap, because when it comes to these children a persons should not get but so many chances, so if you screw up as long as it is yesterday day DSS does not care. Their is also a case that was in Caldwell County of a child getting out and wondering away at night, and the people called DSS, unfortanly nothing was doen and the 3 year was killed when he was struck by a car at 5 in the morning a quarter of a mile for his home!!!! how many children have to die before Caldwell county DSS is investaged. Our social service is the most laxed in the state and i hear people who move back to caldwell county when another county startes investaging them they say this way we can keep our children. We need someone to start caring about the children and not giving a darn if they hurt the parents feelings while keeping these kids safe. Who do we contact to complain on this corrupt system that we have here in Caldwell County.

November 5, 2010 at 8:03 am
  120. jessica

reading throught some of the comments and people saying no one wanted to be involved that is not the case Caldwell County Social Services was called countless times. Shame on them (DSS) for not caring and following up!!!!

November 5, 2010 at 8:52 am
  121. Sahviana

what has happened here? this gift, this beautiful girl with a smile that is so real and vibrant... and these pathetic excuses for caretakers deserve nothing less than to have done to them what they have done to this innocent child. I am waiting for the truth to come out, hopefully we will know soon ; so that they may pay for this, how could such evil exist and no one got involved...... strange how her real mom showed up and 3 days later she is missing... I have hung a photo of Zahra in my office and I pray that her caretakers will be dealt with accordingly!

.there is no excuse or justiication for evil.................

November 5, 2010 at 9:16 am
  122. Samantha Johnson

Nancy i try to keep up and watch you every night ! I am so hurt and my heart goes out to this little Zarha. If I could get to North Carolina I would spend time helping. It breaks ny heart and if there is anything I could do I wish I could help be part if the search team. I hope Zarha is still alive out there...... This story is one I cant stop watching this so sad to me. I hope they find out what happened to her and shame shame on these so called parents. Makes me so upset and want to cry. We will all pray and wait and hope we will get results and she will be ok beautiful Zarah Baker we are praying for you. I am on your team and I want to be helping right now.

November 5, 2010 at 11:18 am
  123. JLC

I think that Zahra's father and step mother kept her locked or beaten and locked up in her room and left her for dead. If the stupid father says he didn't see her for a few days then to me that says he had her locked up without water or food or needed medical attention. It is bad enough when the step mother abused Zahra but the father let it happen. Or he was in on it too. I hope they both suffer the same abuse in jail that Zahra did for God only knows how many years. It makes me so sick to my stomach. Every time I see Zahra's sweet face I want to cry.

If Zahra died in her room of natural causes (doubtful) why didn't they call 911. She must have some injuries or neglect that would have implicated them.

Why would anyone let a child or adult go through cancer treatment to kill them later? If they didn't want Zahra why didn't they just send her back to her grandmother?

It also makes me sick that these attorneys try to make a name for themselves by defending these people or trying to get them freed. The crazy BS they come up with makes me more than sick.

November 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm
  124. Heather

I just wanted to say My prayers are with Zahra more than anyone this little grl has been so strong...and even though she may be gone (may be) I think we can all take a page from her book when it comes to strength...Zahra you are so strong I only hope even as an adult in my darkest hour I can be as strong as you, your amazing and you are loved by millions.....

November 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm
  125. Marsha Stevens

Could Zahra Bakers real mom have finally found her and it mad the dad so upset that he could of killed her so they would never get to meet.

November 6, 2010 at 12:28 am
  126. Gwen

Was it confirmed that the prosthetic leg found in woods was Zarah's? Time will tell.I have been following some of this story. Some facts:The police dogs went to the woodchipper.Father said she was staying in her room a lot, sick with cancer to bones & lungs. If the Dad didn't suspect she was missing or dead yet, maybe that's why he was so cool when he called 911.How long was she missing before they actually reported it. A witness said she she saw Zahra with her stepmother in her store, before or after she was reported missing? Who reported her as missing? What was the real cause of the fire in their yard in the first place.The stepmother is prime suspect. Were she & husband on drugs? Obviously a dysfunctional 2nd marraige. Obviously negligent with a sick child. So sad for precious Zahra, she must have suffered so much for years.

November 6, 2010 at 12:35 am
  127. annnabean

The bio-mom suffered from severe post partum depression after birth of Zahra. She turned over custody of Zahra to the father, to protect her baby from herself. Irony can be so ironic.
    Apparently, the father, Zahra, and his new wife, Elisa moved suddenly to the U.S. which had left the grandmother, who took care of Zahra, perplexed and unmoored. She didnt know where they went at first.
    Also, it has been stated that Elisa took it upon herself to "run" that child up and down hills for "physical therapy", and berated that child for not doing this correctly. Now think about this: The police had to confirm serial # on leg. From Australia. So, you have to know that for the 2+ years that Zahra s' been here, had not been refitted/adjusted for growth, which is required every 6-9 months. The discomfort would have been awful.

November 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm
  128. joyce

i dont care for anyone that torments and kills a little sweet child like little zara they all need to be shot to death or root in hell i also think the meda searchers and cops know more than there letting out they need to come forwerd whoevers eenvolved in this unfergiveable act the cops need to tell you all whats being done or what they all know within the search of such a beautifule little girl as zara they need to get done with it so she can be put to rest what she desrves a bieutifule bariel to rest god bless you and zara nancy

November 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm
  129. Loretta Rice

Nancy, I have a gut feeling that stepmonster's son knows right where she is. And help get rid of that little angel.

November 6, 2010 at 7:36 pm
  130. nancy

nancy GOD BLESS you because of your show more parents know the bad things that are happing in this world today. Zahra didnt have a chance.those two were not parents at all.Zahra will suffer no more now. She now has two legs and can smile that beautiful smile in Heaven.
    the dad is just as guilty as the so called stepmom.

November 6, 2010 at 8:37 pm
  131. jessica

The step mom is to blame and so is the dad and so is the department of social services they dont care about these precious children i know a mom that they are charging with neglect and instead of getting the children to someone that can take care of themthey have postponed the hearing for a month ( did they postpone the baker case for a month alot can happen in a month) seems to me that if a parent is not fit get the kids out DSS needs to quit dragging their feet

November 11, 2010 at 5:01 pm
  132. cynthia

where did Adam Baker meet "stepmommy"? here or abroad? what was the age difference? what was the nature of the relationship? was it a "Svengali" sittuation? Was Adam into the "vampire" scene? Who was thedominant one in the relationship and why? If the beautiful little girl was such a "burden"? then why did he (Adam) not simply allow her bio mother custody or had that ever been considered? When was the last time bio mother and adam communticted? What has the bio mother been doing all this time? Does she have other children?

November 13, 2010 at 10:36 pm