Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

November 16th, 2010

Urgent: Does jawbone found on beach belong to Natalee Holloway?

Testing of a bone found on an Aruban beach could reveal as early as Wednesday whether the remains belong to Natalee Holloway, HLN’s Nancy Grace has learned.

Peter Blanken, the chief prosecutor in Aruba, tells Nancy Grace producer Rupa Mikkilineni that a local forensic expert believes the bone is very likely human.

Blanken’s office has sent the bone to the Netherlands for further analysis, according to Inge Oevering, spokeswoman for the National Forensic Institute in The Hague. The findings will be sent back to the prosecutor’s office, she said.

Authorities will use a DNA profile from Holloway’s parents to determine whether there is a match, and the results may come as early as tomorrow, according to Blanken.

The bone, apparently a jaw, was found near the Phoenix Hotel. Joran van der Sloot, arrested two times in connection with Holloway’s 2005 disappearance but never charged, has mentioned the Bubali Pond, near the Hotel, as a location where he dumped Holloway’s body.

Dutch paper De Telegraaf reports a tourist couple found the bone on the beach and gave it to the hotel clerk, who called police.

Holloway was 18 years old when she disappeared off her high school senior class trip to the island nation. She was last seen early in the morning as she left a night club with van der Sloot in the capital of Oranjestad.

Van der Sloot is in a Peruvian jail on murder charges in the death of a woman he met at a Lima casino. He allegedly paid for the trip with money he took as part of an FBI sting operation from Holloway’s mother in exchange for information that turned out to be false.

Post by:
Filed under: Story Updates
  1. Paula

Its an horrible thing what the family is going through. I pray god helps them. I pray he gives her and her family peace. amen I think the jaw bone is Natalee Holloway.

November 16, 2010 at 8:35 pm
  2. Vicky

I hope Natalee's parents end up with some closure in this case. My heart goes out to them. I don't think there is a person on earth who does not know that Van der Sloot killed her and may he rot in the Peru jail.

November 16, 2010 at 8:35 pm
  3. Terry Mulcahy

It's very suspicious after meeting with Natalee's mother. Van know's he can't where the body is because that would be an admission of guilt. So did he contact someone on the outside, get them to dig up partcial remains and place it on the beach? Now mom has remains to bury and leave him alone without admiting anything.

November 16, 2010 at 8:41 pm
  4. Vanessa

He can rot in Peru for the rest of his life. As Americans, we should all boycott Aruba. Don't vacation there, don't spend a dime there. Such a botched case from the beginning. There's no telling how many women he's killed and gotten away with it. He's a monster.

November 16, 2010 at 9:11 pm
  5. Nancy schuster

If this bone turns out to be Natalee Holloway's then why can't they arrest the two brothers who were with Joran. They are accessories to a murder.

November 17, 2010 at 1:58 am
  6. Tracie

I hope it is hers so the family can have some closure. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a missing child and I never want to find out, but then not knowing if they are dead or alive? Horrible. I really hope this turns out to be some proof for the family.

November 17, 2010 at 6:35 am
  7. November2010

If this does prove to be Natalee Holloway I hope authorities decide to search the area in which this bone was found more thoroughly. I thought this case was going to never be solved, seems like now there is hope. Karma seems to come back to get people.

November 17, 2010 at 8:05 am
  8. bamamom

Hope the family can put her to rest. It's been too long.

November 17, 2010 at 8:32 am
  9. jet haehnel

do we really have to wait for the resultsÉ Doesn`t this remind you of another tragedy ,Laci and Conner Peterson,whose bodies the sea gave up a short distance later I pray for Natalie`s family during this and also pray this will bring the closure they`ve waited 5 long,years for and that joran faces the justice he is so deserving of

November 17, 2010 at 1:11 pm
  10. Miranda

Has anyone ever considered getting a Psychic involved? I saw a program on Discovery Channel the other day where this one lady helped solved something like 400 cases with the police. There are people that are capable by just holding something personal from the victim and get visions on what happend, where they may be buried and sometimes even see the face of the killer. I don't know. Just a thought....

November 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm
  11. driranek

Urgent? Are you kidding? The crime is 5 years old and the probable perp is in prison. Urgent? This is nothing but pathetic rabble-rousing and gives journalism a bad name.

November 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm
  12. david mcclure

if people think aruba is going to say that jawbone is hollaways !
    i got a bridge in new york i will sell them.
    they knew all the time where she was and who did it .
    they arn't going to KILL THE GOLDEN GOOSE and shutoff there
    tourest trade.
    the people that found it should have given it to the fbi lab and they would have mached that TOOTH.

November 17, 2010 at 3:56 pm
  13. sharon

I'm not sure I Trust those Arubian authorities to handle any investigations of this poor girl or anything thing else for that matter.... Why isn't the United States Feds over there taking over???? This family has suffered more than they ever should...and its time for our Government to get on a plane, and do their own DNA on that jaw bone....Seriously??? are we really going to trust that Countries Law enforcement in this case?? Come on now people. Give these people closure....get over there and test the jaw bone for OURSELVES....

November 17, 2010 at 3:58 pm
  14. JOHN

JUST A SHAME

November 17, 2010 at 5:24 pm
  15. Sara

I sure hope it's her bone. The poor family needs some rest and closure.

November 17, 2010 at 5:58 pm
  16. Barbara

There's nothing bone chilling about Beth Twitty's meeting with Joran.It is heartbreaking to see a mother have to plead for imformation about her child.I truley hope that the jaw bone is that of Natalee,if only to let her family know for certain that their child is deceased.Rumors in the beginning were that Natalee was sold into white slavery.As a parent I don't think that I would want to believe that my child was being tortured day after day.This family has suffered long enough. Joran needs to finaly man up.

November 17, 2010 at 8:31 pm
  17. Pamela Eskine

Could co-conspirators of Juron Vandersloot, un-earthed the remains of Natalee Holloway to get out of meeting Natalee's mom face to face again or having to send her a letter or an e-mail explaining the details of Natalee's death Maybe in his sick mind, this discovery may take the pressure off of him and give Natalee's family some sort of closure (even though it certainly may raise more questions in their eyes?) What do you think Nancy?

November 17, 2010 at 8:33 pm
  18. Sean

I know anything is possible,but when Joran found out about the bone washing up he laughed,like he did not believe it was possible. My question is, do you think it is possible the bone was planted by the people who discovered it,to bring undo attention to themselves. I am sure when the DNA arrives it will prove this statement wrong,but people love to look like heros today even at the expense of others..What if the DNA does not match????do we look at the people from Mass...

November 17, 2010 at 8:37 pm
  19. Norman A Solow

What a very sad day it will be if the Jawbone is in fact from Ms Holloway.

Followed that case since Natalee disappeared and always felt that Mr Van der Sloot SR and JR were involved.

Truely hope this case gets solved.

November 17, 2010 at 9:24 pm
  20. Noelle

I just have to say that broadcasting this interaction between Mrs. Halloway and Joran was the biggest mistake ever...Her mother is never gonna get the answers she was so desperately seeking...broadcasting this betrayed his sick trust that he is looking for secondary to his sociopathic condition...She will now never get the answers because of the airing of this interview.....Sad . He once again has been given the power that he seeks....

November 17, 2010 at 10:29 pm
  21. judy

I think the divers photographed the remains last March and Aruba discounted them. Either she was buried on the beach and the beach deteriorated over time and the bones are surfacing, or someone when out and got the jawbone and threw it on the shore so they can prove Natalee is dead. Not for the Holloways. But to help Joran get extradited out of Peru to nicer accomodations.
    It would be wise to go back where the photograph was taken and bring in what is there.

November 17, 2010 at 10:32 pm
  22. Christopher Funk

I really wonder why the Aruban police did not thoroughly search the area where the jaw bone was found. The Aruban authorites did seem to make many mistakes during the investigation; and I would like to know if you think the Aruban Police may have participated in the cover up of Natalie Holloway's murder? Do you think maybe the Aruban authorities may have planted the jaw bone onto the beach?

November 17, 2010 at 10:37 pm
  23. Lori

Hi! Watching Nancy Grace tonight, very insightful! Think Beth when talking to Joran re: "3 Musketeers" candy bar, is definitely referring to him & the Kalpoe brothers! Joran is NOT as smart as he thinks! Beth said he should know, duh, Joran, it's a direct inference to you and the two Kalpoes, "The 3 Musketeers", who KNEW & CONSPIRED to keep the truth about dear Natalee secret forever! They all know what REALLY happened and probably made some kind of pact to NEVER reveal the truth, I will ALWAYS believe in my heart & soul all three were involved in some way, shape, or form!

November 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm
  24. cd

Have a body language expert "read" Jorn V.'s actions in the new video!

November 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm
  25. sara

I would like to know, what was the reason Beth wanted to bring Van de sloot a musketeer bar? Upon leaving the jail house interview, Van der sloot indicated to Beth, that he did not know the significance of her wanted to bring him the musketeer bar. she responded, I was hoping you would tell me.

In my opinion, Beth differently had a motive for this.

November 18, 2010 at 12:28 am
  26. Carlos Trejos

Nancy,
    I went to Aruba few days after Natalle Holloway desapear, my wife and I found in the same beach, about 50 ft into the ocean a siver bracelet, seems like inexpennse. I kept it as a souvenir from Aruba.
    I would like Natalee's mother to just say yes or no, it has something to do with Natalee. I will glad to email a picture.
    Thanks,
    Carlos Trejos

November 18, 2010 at 12:56 am
  27. Jeff

Here's the answer to the mystery, in my opinion.
    Van Der Sloot was in debt, and was promised his debt would be cleared if he provided a young white girl to sex traffickers. Or perhaps he just did it for the quick take, so he could bankroll his gambling habit.

Either way, he drugged Natalee, possibly raped her, and then delivered her to a pimp who took her by boat away from the island where she was forced into prostitution until she was killed by either pimp or john.

Joran nearly spilled the beans the other day in the meeting with Beth Twitty, telling her that all the bad things he's done are because of gambling. He also told a version of this story about a man on a boat to Van Der Eem. And it makes sense. Joran has a documented history of trying to herd young women into prostitution.

He has all but said this in so many ways so far without ever managing to say it explicitly.

November 18, 2010 at 2:01 am
  28. Christina

No, it's not Natalee which is unfortunate for the family. They MUST look in the cemetery!

November 18, 2010 at 9:14 am
  29. Jeannie Larkin

It is pretty plain and clear such as in the case of Zahra and Natalie.
    People who dispose of bodies have something to hide.
    Why is there even a question of not having evidence to convict them
    in a trial. I don't believe that a jury would'nt convict based on that.
    You call police for a fire in your yard but not finding your child dead
    as they claim. I am so infuriated by these people and their
    disregard for human life. Thankyou, Jeannie Larkin

I have a goodfriend and family member who's daughter has been missing for 21 years November 14th
    Her name is Jennifer Lynn Fay she was 16 at the time of her disappearance. Nancy you should have a segment on your show where people can send in a picture of their missing love one with the ddate they went missing and show a few every night.

November 18, 2010 at 9:26 am
  30. Mary

I wish someone would just put a bullet in Urine Van Der Slut's forehead! He is a murderer.

I wish the same for little Zahra Baker's stepmother and father. SHE killed her. HE helped dismember and get rid of her little body. I am sickened by it.

November 18, 2010 at 9:32 am
  31. Amy Gregg

Aruban prosecutor, Peter Blanken what a joke... We need to write him and call him and demand they stop hidding things from this family!~ Enough is Enough! Nancy We love you and I know you are and will help this family. Thank you for all you do!

Amy

November 18, 2010 at 10:10 am
  32. pam

Didnt they have a physic in aruba at one time,, i believe it was a show called physic detectives,, where she went to location on beach where natalie was last seen and according to the physic,,, natalie never left the island,,, just something to think about,,,

November 18, 2010 at 11:38 am
  33. R.Deus-von Homeyer

The same legal puzzle occured in a murderer case in East London.

In this case actually the body parts were found by Scotland Yard,but

they were in a barrel ,dipped in clorax.

The suspect was insisting,he found the barrel with the body parts on the premisses of his bankrott factory.

As long as there is NOT a body found,it is difficult for the prosecution to prove,that murderer has occurred.

Van der Sloot withdrew his deposition,cliaming he was under durres.

Even if the DNA proves,that the jawbone belongs to Halloway,it wil be still dificult to prove,that a murderer happenned on this night.

The girl might have gone for a swimm and have drone.

Still not a sufficient evidence,that Sloot commited a murderer.

Anyway,the long arm of the law cought him in Peru,where he can deny as much as he wants,that he killed the Peruvian girl....there are PLENTY of witnesses and evidence,speaking of his involvement in the case.

November 18, 2010 at 11:49 am
  34. Patti

Joran has traveled a bit and I have to wonder how many other girls he has murdered that nobody has connected to him. I honestly think he is a psychopath serial killer. Considering the 2 murders we know about, I feel there has to be more.
    I don't believe his story about Natalee having a seizure. I think he raped her on that beach then beat her to death like he did the girl in the motel.

My Prayers are with Natalee's family during this time. I know they want closure. May God have mercy on Joran!

November 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm
  35. A. Bledsoe

I hope that for the mothers sake that this is Natalees' remains they have discovered, so that her mother can get a sense of closure as to if her daughter is really deceased or not. Unfortunately her mother will always have to wonder exactly what happend to her daughter because I don't see that Joran will ever in truth disclose that information. I also can't help but wonder if they results from the remains have been discovered at this point and that maybe they are not being publicly released until the family has been notified. Is this a possiblity?

November 18, 2010 at 2:43 pm
  36. lg

Just got off of peter de vries website.The one,that investigate van de sloot. He said the bone was man's jaw bone or animal. He said, It wasn't a woman's jaw, from his sources. We'll just all have to wait and see, I quess.

November 18, 2010 at 4:59 pm
  37. Rhonda

Hi Nancy,
    I have followed the Holloway case since it first happened. I read today that they now want dental records. Could they not tell from DNA whether the bone was Natalee's? I hope they are not trying to pull anything funny as a result of van der Sloot's father having been in "high places". I also think that his father or his two friends helped him dispose of the body. The friends may know where the rest of the remains are.
    Rhonda-Chandler, AZ

November 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm
  38. Hawk from Vermont

The jaw may be from another victim. Amy Bradley. Read this story that is very similiar. It involves a location Natalie was at. A restaurant. This woman went missing after being in Aruba on a cruise ship.

November 18, 2010 at 10:05 pm
  39. Stephen Palmer

He has told so many lies (from one end of the island to the other) about that night.....any evidence found will/can be linked to his statements. In other words, he has trapped himself in his own lies.

November 18, 2010 at 10:34 pm
  40. cheryl

i just pray this beautiful young lady can b brought home, this family can b brought sum closure, and this monster named joran can b brought 2justice!

November 19, 2010 at 9:14 am
  41. Shawna kyler

i hope for her parents..that they can finally get some answers, and find her and bring her home. Thank God that the people who found the jawbone, were not the Aruba police or other "Joran" suporters. It has been so long and so hard for Natalies family, I also saw the talk Beth had with "The Evil One" at the prison....& she handled herself so respectfully, I dont know how she did it...I wouldnt of been able to help myself from beating him! Then, the scum bag laughs when he hears they found a jawbone! If Aruba would have done what they should have done with him...the girl in Peru would still be alive... If she were my daughter, I would be going to Aruba and making someone answer to me as to "why"? Was he not already in prison, so that my daughter didnt have to pay for their mistake with her life? I wonder if there is even more girls out there missing or murdered in any of the places he has traveled?

November 19, 2010 at 10:07 am
  42. Name*Angel

This is killin me! Is it hers or not????

November 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm
  43. Suezcue

Nancy,
    It would be nice if all the people who care about what happened to Natalee could have a place to write a few words to Beth. As an adoptive parent of two wonderful children... I could not imagine what she has had to go through...Not just with the disappearance of Natalee but with Aruba. Beth has done this with Grace, grit and determination. Without her Natalees case would have been buried and never given a second thought by Aruba. I, for one would like to communicate to her how much I appreciate her as a mother and a person.
    Suzanne from NYC

November 19, 2010 at 3:53 pm
  44. a papke

Please do not keep us waiting.

I hope it is Natalee. The mother deserves something tangible.

I will never forget the picture of Natalee's dad digging through the dump.

Why bother asking Joran what happened? He is violent. There is no doubt about that. He made up stories to account for blood, if any had been found. I just hope she was out of it when it happened. When she left with him, she appeared to be on date-rape drugs.

This is fact: some sniper will get Joran if he released.

Joran enjoys torturing Natalee's mom. She would be wise not to ask again. He will lie, and if he could he would snap her neck.

November 19, 2010 at 6:27 pm
  45. a papke

One additional comment:

Natalee would be 23 years of age. She would have completed her bachelor degree. She would likely be in medical school. We need more good doctors.

Not that she would not have succeeded at any major.

November 19, 2010 at 6:30 pm
  46. jessica

my thoughts on the natalee holloway case, this jawbone i believe is natalees, the question is how did it get there if its positively identified? do u think thered be an accomplaces that would just place it there and watch and wait for it to be found?

November 19, 2010 at 6:33 pm
  47. Susan

Could Joran van der Sloot have had a friend in Aruba dig up the jaw bone and place it on the beach to be found so that Joran can get sent back to Aruba? I'm sure the prison in Aruba is a lot better than where he is at Castro Castro.

November 19, 2010 at 7:44 pm
  48. seattle

Who are these people who happened to find this bone? Sounds like a sick hoax to me-I'm glad no one is paying them for air time.

November 19, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  49. nancy sorensen

comment for nancy grace-matthew hoffman the man just arrested for murder of 3 people and possible attacks on young girl spent time in steamboat springs apparently when he was 16 which was about 89-90 miles from boulder colorado-any possibility of a link to jon benet case-that person too must of hawked jon benets family-then bound her and took her in basement as previously reported like this 13 yr old girl seemed like an older blonde version to jon benet–could he have had a job that brought him in contact with the jon benet family-any fingerprint match up done-long shot but just seemed eerily possible

November 20, 2010 at 1:07 am
  50. Mallory Mitchell

I read an article from Feb. of this year in which van der Sloot described Natalee falling from a balancy at a friend's home after drinking and snorting cocaine. The article said the authorities were quick to rule out the senerio because it was 'unbelievable' but in the article, van der Sloot said she fell head first and when they reached her, "her chin was to one side." I was wondering if you think his story may be plausable by the possibility of Joran throwin her body into the ocean and the jawbone washing up because it may have been broken during the "fall"?

November 20, 2010 at 3:57 am
  51. Kelly

What is taking so long for these results? I have been on pins and needles, can't imagine what her family is feeling!

November 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm
  52. Susan in AL

One of the most disturbing things to me in all of this, is that Americans can not ban together and boycott Aruba! The couple from PA who took the photo that may have shown remains, as well as the couple from MA who found the jawbone are Americans. They have followed this story over the last five years, just like the rest of us. They have seen that if you go missing/die in Aruba, the Aruban authorities will not come looking for you, or prosecute your known murderer! There are so many other Caribbean islands that are not Dutch owned! Why do Americans continue to support Aruba's economy?! They deserve to be bankrupt. Imagine what it would do to their economy that depends so heavily on tourism, if all Americans said, "No! We will not go!". I would never spend a dollar in Aruba. I would NEVER vacation there! Nancy, you have the pull to call for a boycott, and get it done once and for all. Please push for this on your show. The way the Aruban authorities handled this case is unspeakable. I believe had it not been a tourist who picked up the bone, but an Aruban, we never would have heard about it. Nancy, I have a daughter. I also live just a few miles from Beth Holloway. It hits home so hard when it is that close to you. It could easily be my daughter in a few years, if not for the tragedy that happened to Natalee, and all the work that Beth has done to educate the public, God bless her.

November 20, 2010 at 5:23 pm
  53. Lisa

WHY haven't we got any answers yet? Why is it taking so long? God bless Beth and Dave for all they have been through, I hope and pray they get the answers they so deserve! Godspeed! And also, if they leave it up to the Aruban officials to give the results how exactly can Americans trust their word? Who's to say they won't cover up the "real" answer that EVERYONE all over the world is anxiously awaiting for just because once again in fear of hurting their "tourism". Do they not understand more people will think Aruba is corrupt and everyone will want to boycott IF they don't "try" a little harder to help Beth and Dave? It's time for Natalee to come home and questions answered, enough is enough!

November 20, 2010 at 7:04 pm
  54. Rosemarie Ziedman

Hi Nancy,
    I watch your show every night and love that you're tough at the same time that you're tender where our troops are concerned.
    I'm writing because I'm in the middle of watchint the "Natalie Holloway" movie. I feel so much actual pain in my heart and soul, I have to do SOMETHING (legal, of course).......are the Dutch authorities not capable of doing the right thing or what?????
    I am in tears for her mother and so furious at Joran and his "two buddies" who've apparently not been endowed with compassion nor any sort of morals.
    I question God how He's allowed these monsters to walk on this Earth while Natalie is gone and her family continues to suffer continuous pain.
    What can an ordinary person such as me do to help? I can barely see my screen thru my aching tears and want SO much to do 'something'.
    I have two beautiful, intelligent daughters and several granddaughters and, God forbid, can't imagine something this horrible happening to our family.
    Please, please, you're a brilliant woman, what can I do?
    /Sincerely,
    Rosemarie
    Phoenix, Az

November 21, 2010 at 5:05 pm
  55. laura2744

Must be so hard for the family.I pray for them and wish all of that will soon be over,It can be much of a Holiday season for them.

November 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm
  56. Patsy

Nancy or Producers: See if you can have Jean get some video while in Aruba on the beach showing the tiny marina in front of a beach restaurant immediately BETWEEN the Holiday Inn and the Marriott. Map quest will show you there is a public parking lot there. Then walk onto the beach via beach bar here.

Only smaller boats are parked there, and I've really only witnessed 4-5 regular fisherman that use that small (unclassified) marina.

This is the general area that Jordan was with Natalee, and I feel confident Jordan was planning to take Natalee to that Beach Bar that night, since it was so close to her hotel and a popular bar at night.

This small Marina - is not listed as a Marina, and ONLY smaller boats use these slips. Boats in here I feel could only travel in the waters in front of the hotels...they would not be able to travel to the opposite side of the Island due to the choppy seas there.

Jordan would have had to use this little Marina to transport Natalee. (based on one of his confessions) The main Marina's in Town are miles away and in a very busy area of town in Orjanstan. Who gave Jordan the boat? Or who helped Jordan put the body out to sea? The answer lies in the Marina registry around the time that Natalee disappeared. One of the slip owners may have some answers.

Would love to see that tiny Marina on your show...thanks for allowing me to suggest this.
    Yours truly,

November 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm
  57. D

Hello Nancy,
    If I may. I have a hypothetical question. What if a minor gains access to a night club but is under-age and possesses a fake id. Is assisted in getting into the club by an older adult that is in full knowledge that this is a minor. Upon gaining entry to the club a riot breaks out and in the fighting and scuffle that ensues the teen is killed. The parents of the teen then attempt to sue the nightclub and press criminal charges against the nightclub owner. Do they have a case although the teenager lied to gain unlawful access to the club? I have some ideas regarding underaged adults lying about their age and committing crimes or being hurt in the midst of committing crimes. I think that their parents should be charged with a crime for allowing their children to participating in juvenile delinquent activities and behaviors.

November 21, 2010 at 7:58 pm
  58. Maye

If the jawbone found is Natalee's Joran will most likely change his story again. I saw the interview of Beth confronting Joran, and she did it with such bravery and poise. She had every bit of self-control that a mother could have when confronting her child's alleged killer. That takes strength! My prayers have always been with the Holloway family throughout this ordeal even though I don't know them, My prayer is that Natalee would be found, and that the family could finally have some amount of closure.

November 21, 2010 at 9:54 pm
  59. Carmelita

I'm glad they found the jawbone. I hope it turns out to be Natalee's. The worst part of losing a loved one is not knowing where they are. Not being able to bury then celebrate that child you gave birth to.Not saying goodbye. We will meet again.

November 21, 2010 at 10:55 pm
  60. Angie

What is taking so long????

November 22, 2010 at 1:27 pm
  61. Donna

Where is the area in Aruba that the jawbone was found in regards to where the older couple took the photo of what appeared to be a skeleton while scuba diving? Dutch authorities were quick to state that it was not a skeleton, but if is was and someone had tried to remove it, would the tides have brought pieces to the beach?

November 22, 2010 at 3:28 pm
  62. Laura

Can anyone really trust Aruban authorities regarding the testing of this bone? I think they are hoping that it would NOT be Natalie's.

November 22, 2010 at 3:36 pm
  63. findthemissing

May have been solved IF the system seen at trenton.2ya.com had been in effect....

November 22, 2010 at 5:21 pm
  64. findthemissing.vze.com

I really doubt that this is her bONE

November 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm
  65. Beverly Shaw

I wonder if anyone considered that someone may have planted the bone as a joke? That may be why Joren laughed when he heard about the bone. Another possibility might be that someone connected to Joren who knows what happened went and got the bone and planted it because of feelings of guilt. Someone could have taken a skeleton jaw bone to Aruba just to get everyone going. I hope not but people are cruel.

November 22, 2010 at 8:59 pm
  66. Diane McKeel

Dr Phil had another family on his show around time Natalie was first missing, they also had a young daughter missing in Aruba so it seems there is another white young girl missing I think she had been missing 4 yrs prior? What about her?

November 22, 2010 at 11:09 pm
  67. Amy

when i first heard of the natalie holloway case i was shocked. its like a chill went all thru my body. cause the first thing i thought was omg i had been there just a few years prior.that could have been me. i had taken a trip to aruba in 1994 or 1995 with a friend and her parents. we were actually going to venezula but stayed in aruba for a few days before our final stop there. i loved it, it was a very beautiful and exotic place. i would never had imagined something like this happening on such a wonderful island. now im not so sure its all that wonderful. it seems like the auruban authorities are trying to hide the truth and not really wanting to help the american authorities. to me it is obvious that joran and his friends either did the crime or know who did. but now that another girl was murdered and was in the presence of joran that tells me hes guilty as sin. and if i was the family i would have wanted these bones that were found brought to america so that i wouldnt have to wonder if the results they came up with was thruth or not. my heart goes out to the holloway family. and i may be wrong but i truely believe that the bones that were found, do belong to natalie. i kind of hope they are her bones so the family can have a little bit of closer.

November 22, 2010 at 11:18 pm
  68. Manoghar Letchimhnan

Hi nancy,vancouver bc here.Watch your show all a the.Thank you very much for being ones our voice.God bless you.What i was away and missed the casey anthny's case.Have she been charged?We all know she did it.
    Mano

November 23, 2010 at 8:51 am
  69. Linda Tate

Jordan ,told Natalees mon That He did everything because he had a gambeling problem and wanted to be able to gamble. So Killing
    Natalee would not get him money would it.Maybe he sold her.
    Did he come into a lot of money right after she went missing.
    Also maybe he planned on selling the second Girl To the same people thinking it worked once before. But the second girl might have been more street smart than natalee was. and fought back harder.So he had to kill her to shut her up. Maybe there is a chance she is alive.

November 23, 2010 at 9:31 am
  70. Colleen Lyons

Dear Nancy, I have no idea why the authorities in Aruba have not closed that whole area immediately after the jaw bone was found. Why in Gods name are they allowing people to trample all over an area that is very likely a crime scene!!!

Please address this on your show, I really can't imagine why this has not been done.

Sincerely, Your fan Colleen

November 23, 2010 at 10:04 am
  71. fairyface5

Aruban authorities are responsible for the Peruvian girls murder. Vandersloot should be put down. I mean like a rabid animal.

November 23, 2010 at 10:30 am
  72. Laura Morris

Nancy,
    I feel they are taking so much time coming back with the results of the jawbone for the simple reason that is another young girls remains and not Natalie's. How will they explain another young woman coming to a nefarious end? Bad for tourism!!!!!

November 23, 2010 at 11:00 am
  73. Belinda

I have to note, I am NOT surprised that the jaw bone is NOT Natalie's.

Joran's attorney stated that when he told Joran about the jaw bone being found, Joran kicked his head back and laughed.

This told me that he knew for a fact that it wasn't her because he never put her in the water. I think he buried her on shore and he finds it funny that we all keep thinking is she is in the water.

My prayers go out to Natalie's family and the family of whoever this jawbone is too.

November 23, 2010 at 11:57 am
  74. Cheri Wright

If the jawbone isn't Natalee Holloway's, it begs the question–whose is it??? Someone died unnaturally!

November 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm
  75. Carol

Bone is not hers....if he "laughed" when he was told about it, then he knows that her body is no where near that area.........that is why he laughed..............

November 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm
  76. Vicky

Years ago when Nat, first came up missing, another couple was interviewed, and said that their daughter went missing from Aruba years before. And they never found her either. I wonder if this could possibly be their daughter

November 23, 2010 at 12:44 pm
  77. Heather

Mannnnnn I'm so freakin sad right now I was totally banking on Natalee being put to rest finally this really sucks my thoughts and prayers go out to her family today each and every time this happens that wound is reopened and that has to be miserable =( I am so sry the results were not in your favor Holloway Family....

November 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm
  78. beverly ellison

I am so saddened that the jawbone was announced as to NOT belonging to Natalee. I really do NOT believe those people or trust them. However, I have always had a feeling that Natalee is buried somewhere on the property of his father's home. Remember his mother was NOT at home when this happened. I believe that hse is on that Van der Sloot property!

November 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm
  79. Shell

The bone isnt Natalee's. Are they going to check to see if it could be Amy Lynn Bradley's, the girl who went missing during a cruise in 1998? I believe she went missing around the Netherlands.

November 23, 2010 at 2:19 pm
  80. Chris Campbell

Poor Miss Holloway. I know she want to know where her daughter is and was at least hopeing this were the remains of her daughter. But this jawbon is not of he daughter Natalee Holloway. Van der slot probably laughed in the interview because he already knew the bone was not of Natalee. I believe Natalee is no where near that location.

November 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm
  81. Meredith Olson

Nancy,
    I think that they need to over look at the jaw bone and make sure that they are right that it does not belong to Natalee Holloway

November 23, 2010 at 3:56 pm
  82. Karen Johnson

The bone is not Natalies? And we believe these people? That jawbone needs to be sent to the FBI stateside immediately for a 2nd opinion. Isn't it totally obvious that Dutch authorities will say and do anything to save face by now?

November 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm
  83. shelley

Regarding the jaw & tooth mystery, are they doing a DNA check as well. Calling a tooth a wisdom tooth is not 100%. After just going through cancer treatment I needed some dental work. Myself and the dentist were at odds when I said my back teeth were wisdom and they disagreed. I had my molars removed as a child so him not knowing this he assumed they were my molars not my wisdom. This happened with more than one dentist so they should do DNA to make absolute that this is not a crime scene or Natalie, it may still be another crime scene as well.

November 23, 2010 at 6:22 pm
  84. Kristy

Natalee will not be found in Arina because I believe Joran & friends sold her into the sex slave trade.She was most likely taken pdd of the island and drugged to use in the sex slave trade that is responsible for thousands of kidnappings every year. This problem is growing in all cultures across the globe.Girls and women are used like a disposable product, kept drugged and then murdered when their bodies cannot take anymore abuse.Read "Half The Sky", a book that brings light to this crime against women around the world. Natalee will never be found but maybe she is now at peace.

November 23, 2010 at 6:24 pm
  85. Linda L. Lee

If the bones do not belong to Natalie, then whose bones are they, just another missing girl that hasn't been reported? Or what? I think Joran probably had something to do with this also, hmmm, I wonder how many girls he really has killed? And his Dad coverning it all up... Then his Dad dies, and Joran finally gets caught, because Daddy dearest isn't there to cover for his darling son....

November 23, 2010 at 7:26 pm
  86. Sean

I would like to know what condition the bone(s) are in.I cant see a bone washing up on the beach (after years)without being in very poor shape,much like a bottle turns to sea-glass from the sand constantly rubbing against it. If the bones are in good shape,a sick setup,and maybe someone in New England is missing a jawbone.Update to my earlier comment...

November 23, 2010 at 7:37 pm
  87. amy

amy bradley??? i think they should really check into it.. They said with the hurricanes it could have come from curacco and thats where she went missing i believe??

November 23, 2010 at 8:10 pm
  88. amy

Either that or this guy has more victims which wouldnt surprise me..

November 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm
  89. Disappointed

if you google wisdom teeth, it states that they can grow back? Can any dentists confirm this? Did they even test these bones or is this just another cover up?? Beth needs to demand the FBI to step in to do a retest. I hope this family finally gets closure.

November 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm
  90. Terri

How about the next tourist who finds a bone needs to bring it back to the States for testing? Is that legal or not? Aruba is useless!!

November 23, 2010 at 8:29 pm
  91. Belinda

Joran The Serial Killer!

Even though the jaw bone does not belong to Natalie Holloway, remember how Joran laughed when he heard about it. This makes me think that Joran might have used this area to hide/throw away other young women's bodies!

This jaw bone could belong to another missing young woman, not from Aruba and Joran might have something to do with this. Remember, serial killers tend to throw away/hide victims in the same area(s).

The FBI/Aruban police should look into this area because it is a crime scene anyway.

November 23, 2010 at 8:53 pm
  92. Suzcue

Better question would be..Where is the chain of evidence....Is that the same bone that was found? I wouldn't put it past the Aruban Gov to switch it. There is and has been a massive cover up wit this case. I believe someone high up was paid off, to lay off Joran. I was convinced that the findings would never be shown to be Natalee regardless of whether it was.

November 23, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  93. Peter

Natalee Holloway, came to the Island of Aruba and has never left the Island, alive, that is. Is my opinion.
    I believe that Joran van der Sloot killed her and his two friends, the Kalpoe Brothers helped him to dump the body, most-likely as he said at the Bubali Pond, or chopped her in pieces and scattered the remains over the Island, in places, less likely people will go to. Joran probably threathened the brothers, that IF they open their mouth, he will kill them!

I don't know if the FBI and the searchers have thought about checking out the abandoned sulphur-mines (behind or on the premises of the Refinery)? Or the "air holes" in the field over there, where now probably numerous rattle-snakes and boa-constrictors are living? Joran was born on the Island of Aruba, thus knows the Island good enough to figure out what the best places would be to get rid of a body or parts of it. Has ANYBODY EVER thought about the above mentioned possibilities?

November 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm
  94. Amy

i cant believe that the bone found was not natalies. i feel so bad for her family. i really thought they were going to be able to put some closure in their hearts. so i wonder, who does it belong to???

November 23, 2010 at 11:32 pm
  95. Karen

While my heart goes out to the Holloway family, I feel that they need to accept that they may never know all the facts. If you keep picking a scab, the wound never has a chance to heal. Please stop picking the scab and let the healing begin.

November 24, 2010 at 11:48 am
  96. Belinda

Hi Nancy!!

I want to add a comment to the person named Belinda, like me.

Belinda, you are so right when you mentioned that Joran probably buried Natalie Holloway and that he laughed when the jawbone of another young woman was found in that area. You hit it on the nail! Joran as the serial killer that he is has used this site to dispose of other victims, not only Natalie's body. This jawbone washed ashore and it was probably hidden in that swamp like area that is very near the hotel.

He's not a stupid killer and probably new that the body would some how end up on the shores of Aruba. He probably has Natalie and other bodies stashed somewhere in that area but like usual, the Arubans are doing nothing to investigate.

Joran is a serial killer and I'm almost sure that Natalie was not his first victim!

November 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm
  97. Gifting Warriors

Non-Profit charity GIFTING Wounded Soldiers by giving relief and helping make the bridge from injury to recovery successful. We are HUGE fans of Nancy Grace and her nightly honoring our heroes makes us smile!
    PLEASE take notice of our Organization . God willing we can all make a difference by Gifting back to all of our heroes in need . Thank you !

December 1, 2010 at 11:38 pm
  98. Justin

The bone most likely isnt hers... This happened 5 years ago so given the wisdom tooth or not they can just carbon date the bone to find out how long it had been decomposing right? DNA from the marrow? I mean the tooth is the deciding factor?!

Either way, Van Der Killer is definately a monster! Even with the video of him riding with the undercover friend he admits that his life would be ruined if she was ever found.. He pretty much admitted to killing her without coming out and saying he did! Plus the other girl found murdered in the hotel of his.. He is just getting sloppier and sloppier and showing his disreguard for life and his guilt...

December 25, 2010 at 12:51 pm