Nancy Grace

Alleged killers talked about corpse on Facebook?

A young couple reportedly partied at a bar after allegedly murdering a 19-year-old girl, then argued about how to dispose of her corpse in text and Facebook messages!

November 18th, 2010

Natalee Holloway's mom confronts Joran van der Sloot in jail

Nancy Grace gets the video of Natalee Holloway's mom confronting Joran van der Sloot behind bars! Take a look!

Filed under: Nancy Grace Video
  1. Adena

Nancy,
    I was raised by a mother who lost three little boys in one day to a drowning. A wrongful drowning not far from where you grew up in Georgia.
    She had me later in life and all I knew of these little boys was a framed black and white photo which sat on her nightstand. She never spoke much about them and I never asked as somehow I knew as a child this was a source of great pain to her.
    My mother passed away when I was 23 yrs old. I then began to research all I could on the boy's death.

It happened on my brother's 2nd birthday. Mom was always fair and on one child's birthday would buy the other children presents as well so they did not feel left out. She bought Wayne 11, Frank 8, and Bobby 7 toy bow and arrows. They ran into the woods to play with them as mom attended to the birthday party.
    As evening neared and they did not return, worry set in as well as a search. The boys knew their boundaries to play in the woods, but could not be found.
    Police would later find a couple of older boys farther in out in the woods playing with Wayne, Frank, and Bobby's toy bow and arrows. When questioned where they got the toys, they claimed they found them beside a watering hole in the woods.
    They pulled the three boys from the water hole. Two of them were locked in an embrace. I know now that my mother knew that fact and I can't even imagine the pain she must have felt knowing that.
    The older boys who were found with their toys were questioned. Their statements put them at the scene at the drowning and not "finding" the toys beside the hole. They said they saw bubbles coming up from the water meaning they had to have been there at the time of drowning. These boys were from bad family's. In and out of trouble and prison.
    It was largely believed that these boys from the wrong side of the tracks pushed them in. It was believed one boy was pushed in...did not come up and the other two clung to each other as they were threatened to be pushed in also. They were pushed in while clinging to one another.
    Still, this occurred in the mid 50's when it was unheard of to prosecute children. There was no justice for my mother.
    I did find out that each of those bully boys went on to go in and out of prison the rest of their lives.

When I saw Beth Hollaway confront Yoran, it reminded me of my mother. I can remember when I was about 9 yrs old, my mom meeting with the main bully involved with her son's deaths. I did not know why, but I did recall overhearing her telling her friend she felt he lied to her. Appeased her.

As I watched Beth talk to Yoran, I remembered that meeting of TL with my mom. As an adult now I wonder why she even thought he'd tell her the truth. As I too wondered why Beth would put forth such effort.
    Did they really expect these boys to admit they killed their loved ones with no remorse? Did my mother really expect this man to say he pushed her children in because he could....and did Beth expect Yoran to say that as well?
    I see now that they did it for another reason. Because they are strong southern women who confronted the monsters who killed their children. If for no other reason...they faced the monsters.

My mother died when I was 23 yrs old. By then my brother had been killed in a wreck and I had to watch her stand by his casket. She was a strong southern lady who taught me how to be that.
    When I was 21 yrs old she and I joked about where we'd like to be buried. For a moment the conversation turned serious and she told me she'd like to be buried beside her sons but knew that was unrealistic. We had by then moved to Pennsylvania and she knew I could not, at such a young age, afford to bury her in Georgia beside them. Her life insurance was enough just to bury her..no more.
    I can tell you that woman, my mother, who taught me to be a strong southern lady, was laid to rest beside her sons in Georgia. She made me stronger than she ever knew.
    What I regret the most is she would have loved your show Nancy. When I first heard you on Court TV, I thought I wish she could see this. You reminded me of her. You spoke like she did. When you got your own show...I thought she'd love it.

Thank you Nancy for the strong southern lady you are. Your twins are blessed as I was. To be raised by a woman who has felt the deepest hurt this life has to offer...and still stood up. Not only stood up...but stood tall and strong.

November 18, 2010 at 12:47 pm
  2. MIKE TORRES

IM VERY HAPPY THE PERSON WHO KILL NATALIE IS IN JAIL BECAUSE OF HIM PEOPLE IN ARUBA IS PAYING BAD REPUTACION BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS BIG POWER MAN IN ARUBA FIVE YEARS BACK I WAS IN ARUBA IN MAY 25 MAY 30 THE YEARS SHE WAS MISSING HAVE ANY PERSONS HAVE ASK HER FRIENDS WHAT DID HAPPEN THERE ?BECAUSE I DONT SEE ANY HER FRIENDS ON THE NEWS . NATALIE IN ARUBA WAS NOT HE NATALIE EVERYONE THINKS SHE IS .IM VERY SORRY WHAT HAPPEN TO HER CAUSE OF JORAN .HE DESERVED MORE TIME TO PAID .PERU MOVED HIM TO ARUBA JAIL IS A JOKE BECAUSE HE WILL BE PROTECTED BY PEOPLE WHO ARE CLOSE TO THE FAMILY ,THAT WHY IS PLAYING ,IM NOT A REPORTER BUT THIS A JOKE IF THE TRANFER HIM. MY PERSONL OPIONION IS MAYBE HE DRUG HER MAKE MONEY WITH HER LIKE WHITE SLAVERY IN THIS ISLAND PEOPLE WITH POWER DOES THAT. ITS LIKE MOVIES TAKEN .THEY SALES WOMENS LIKE HER. JUST ASK GERADO ONLY LATINO REPORTER WHO DID A STORY ABOUT THAT. I BELIEVE NATALIE DEATH AND MAKING MOVIES O STORY IS NOT PROPER I SAW IN LIFETIME NOTHING THAT IN STORY HAPPEN LIKE THAT. PLS FIND REAL THING WHAT HAPPEN. JORAN KNOWS WHAT HAPPEN AND ASK THOSE FRIEND IN ARUBA

November 18, 2010 at 1:01 pm
  3. Marie Barlow-West

If Americans don't boycott Aruba, it is a shame and disgrace. The Aruban authorities made a mockery of the Justice System by their insolent treatment of the Hollaway case. Joran Van der Sloot is a piece of**** and they act like he is royalty. Be careful, Aruba, this could all come back to haunt you and I personally hope it does. God Bless Beth and the entire Holloway family having to go through this senseless ordeal.

November 18, 2010 at 1:02 pm
  4. MIKE TORRES

PLS JORAN IS PLAYING AND USING NEWS AND ORTHER MEDIA THAT PERSON WILL NOT SAID WHAT HAPPEN .IN ARUBA HE IS LOOKING A WAY TO GET OUT OF PERU PRISON. HE KNOWS SOONER OR LATER HE HAS TO PAID WHAT HE DID IN PERU.SOMEONE MUST GO TO ARUBA INTERVIEW JORAN FRIENDS WHO WAS THAT NIGHT OF DEATH O MISSING THERE NO PROOF SHE DEAD IN ARUBA, JUST FIND OUT HE SOLD HER FROM WHERE HE GET MONEY TO TRAVEL HAVE GOOD LIFE THIS COMMON SENSE I WANT JORAN TO PAID IM VERY MAD ANGRY AND WHAT HE HAS DONE TO ALL PEOPLE IN ARUBA IN BEEN VISITING THAT ISLAND 15YEARS BEST FRIENDLY PEOPLE ARE ARUBIAN PEOPLE .THEY ARE NOT RESPONSABLE WHAT HAPPEN TO NATALIE HARDAWAY .PRESS AND ORTHER MEDIA ARE GIVING BAD REPUTACION TO ARUBIAN PEOPLE AND ISLAND
    .SOMEONE IS NOT INVESTIGATING CORRECTLY THIS CASE.LIKE I SAID IM VERY SORRY WHAT HAPPEN TO NATALIE SHE IS NOT BABY GIRL SHE WAS ADULT .IM SORRY JORAN VAN SLOOT IS IN PERU SAME CASE .NOW HE TRYING TO USED MEDIA .HE WILL PAID WHAT HE DID. TO ALL VICTIM HE ABUSE ALL OVER THIS WORLD.

November 18, 2010 at 1:16 pm
  5. bonnie lundy

Nancy I hope you read this and give me a little boost. I have been watching you show for some time now. Enough is enough. This has to end. The slaughter of all the children just has to stop.Like you I want to do what I can.I have started a petition for the death penalty for the murder of any child in the united states. A Zahra Baker LAW.Many people watch you show and if you could just mention the web site it would sure speed up the process.Not to mention you may also sign.Please visit and lets others know it is there.I have cried too many tears for these children.And would gladly cry a million more if it would help.But it wont.Please help me help Zahra and all the little children to follow. your fan always bonnie lundy.......P.S love the twins , just beautiful like their mother.www.gopetition.com/petition/40703.html

November 18, 2010 at 1:31 pm
  6. Teddy Gupton

I hope this poor woman finds out about her missing daughter.
    I can't imagine the pain she is going through.

November 18, 2010 at 2:49 pm
  7. Lie Detectors For All

Sorry but forgot to ask if any witnesses heard the 12 year old yelling for help from the car.

The driver, being older, could also have sent the 12 year old into the store and remained with her car if she was, perhaps, worried about theft. She could have blared her horn, screamed for help, or even driven into the guy if he attempted to carjack her. Why leave a 12 year old who should not know the first thing about how to drive a car there if there was real danger present?

November 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm
  8. hb

watching these tapes brings up some questions for me about things i didn't know about this case.
    joran seems to infer that everything he did was because of his gambling problem. did natalee have money on her when she went missing?
    if so, how much?
    did she have a pocketbook; and if so, was it ever found?
    thanks

November 18, 2010 at 9:38 pm
  9. james moore

mrs.Grace why should we the people have to keep up a person like hoffmen who clear has no regards for humen life for the next 30 years when it's clear he is guilty of the crime he committed ont these people what about the families that suffer, he didn't keep them alive for no certain amout of time he should be killed within the next 8 hours and the death penalty should never be involved in any bargain made this sick S O B should be taken out behind the court house and put the to Death any judge that give him a deal should be removed from the bench no matter what ! is this some kind of white collar crime please excuse my language but if we the people keep leting our legal system do what they want then we all are at fault protest or something but satan must Die prision should not continue to be ran as it has been.

November 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm
  10. james moore

I love your show all the same and you are one of the best reporters in this state have a happy thanksgiving you and your family my prayer's go out to the families that Hoffmen destroyed.

November 18, 2010 at 10:50 pm
  11. Amy

This women has been through so much and still so determind to find out the truth and bring her daughter home. What courage this lady has show through the last 5 years, If I were her I am not sure I could find the self control to sit in the same room with this evil man.. I would end up making him beg for his life like he probably made her poor daughter pled for her's...

November 19, 2010 at 3:44 pm
  12. Renee' Williams

I believe it was a mistake for Beth Halloway to meet face to face with Natalee's killer ( I refuse to acknowledge him any other way). The video posted above, he appears to be smirking, as he has the past 5 years. I know Beth is desparate...and so does he. He has seen it and heard it first hand. I cannot believe she gave him her email address for information/confession that will never come. She is even more vulnerable now. I believe Natalee's killer will continue his game with Beth and that breaks my heart. She would have had more luck going in there with a loaded pistal!
    A follower from Seattle. Thank you Renee'

November 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm
  13. Casey

Didn't a young woman named Amy Bradley also disappear from Aruba?

November 20, 2010 at 6:51 pm
  14. nae

there is definately a hidden message taken place with the candy bar. is it really a candy bar? she claims she has been looking all day for the 'candy bar'. sounds like she is adhering to a secret request that he has made -perhaps in return for the five minute meeting...???.

November 20, 2010 at 10:26 pm
  15. julie in ohio

he will never tell what happened hes going to prison anyway

November 21, 2010 at 2:52 pm
  16. MannyHM

Van der Sloot knows that he is protected from harm and can't be tortured. He's playing mind games on Natalie's mother. My heart goes to her. She's doubly punished. 'Civilized' justice is too kind to criminals like van der Sloot and true justice is not accorded to the victim and family. Singapore caning should be added to criminals like him and include Hayes, Komesarjevsky, Amy Bishop, etc.

November 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm
  17. TC

nae :
    I have been trying to figure out what the "candybar" means for days. And if you look online NO ONE has elaborated on this aspect of the video. What does it mean? If it was a request by him, why doesn't he understand the meaning? The "candybar" obviously has some sort of significance, BUT what? Please someone help us out with this meaning and elaborate what the possibility of this being a secret request?

November 23, 2010 at 9:51 am
  18. Shelley

The bone isnt Natalee's. Are they going to check to see if it could be Amy Lynn Bradley's, the girl who went missing during a cruise in 1998? I believe she went missing around the Netherlands.

November 23, 2010 at 1:27 pm
  19. Chris

The fact that the jaw bone is not that of Natalee Holoway gives rise to the question.......just how many young, caucasian female jaw bones are there on Aruban Beaches??

November 23, 2010 at 1:35 pm
  20. Larry

Now that the bone evidence has been covered up.
    I think its time to water- board Joran van der Sloot.

November 23, 2010 at 1:36 pm
  21. Hillary McKinney

Is there still any way that Natalee was really sold into sex trafficking?! I actually think Joran was telling SOMEWHAT of the truth when he stated that he sold her. I think that's why he killed Stephany Flores, because she found out info on his laptop of Natalee's where abouts and he had no other choice but to kill her to keep her from going to the authoritys. They need to investigate this more!

November 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm
  22. raquel from georgia

amy bradley and natalie went to the same night club? I believe joran has ties to this night club. why hasn't this club been investigated?

November 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm
  23. Paula Farinella

Two things about Natalie Holloway – Van derSloot laughed when he was told about a jawbone being found because he KNEW it couldn't be Natalie because he knows where she really is.

And 2 – I find it extremely brutal of the Netherlands to have the family on pins & needles when all they had to do was ask the family if Natalie had her wisdom teeth – THEN they made them wait even longer after they KNEW, THEN they didn't have the decency to call the family before the press release. Shame on them!!!

November 23, 2010 at 8:13 pm
  24. Myra

Natalee is not dead.
    Joran has told us mixed in all his lies.even this last time he talked with Natalee's mother.He said I had a bad problem with gamble for money.He said at another time he had sold her for $10.000.
    I believe this is close to the trurh.Remember the Kalpo brother worked at the night club and Joran had met Natalee early the day she went missing she told him she was going to the club that night.That night Joran and the brothers went to the club and Natalee went home with them.the next day Joran said he let her out at the Hotel and here came along a captain from a party boat and said yes they did i saw her she was very drunk.'This was your go between.'and remember Joran said at one time they were at the only part of the island where a boat could come a shore.I don't believe this was the first time. A girl went missing from that same club months before.He needed the money to gamble with this was the way of getting it.

November 23, 2010 at 9:28 pm
  25. ron

What is going on with this Joran VanDer Sloot scumbag? What is up with the trial? Does he still get preferencial treatment including hookers to visit him in jail? WHy hasn't someone paid the $50 to just have him stabbed to death as is common with most serial killers in jail?

November 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm
  26. Mj

Does anyone know anything further on the Zahra Baker case? BTW, you ROCK Nancy Grace!

November 23, 2010 at 10:31 pm
  27. Mj

My post was cut in half, hmph! Im with Hillary McKinney ....I was just today speaking with someone regarding this case, and was saying the same thing. I smell human trafficing and it's HORRIBLE to think about. I feel equally bad for Natalies mom... what a hard, harsh reality to endure.

November 23, 2010 at 10:37 pm
  28. TopSgt1

As a retired Police Sgt. I've had a gut feeling about this case since I first heard it. Ms. Holloway was not murdered but ended up as another poor girl caught up in the human traffacing that is occuring all over the globe. Think about it Young pretty White Girl, all by herself in a basically third world enviorment. She meets this smooth talking foreigner and his scummy friends and the next thing you know she's drugged and on her way to either the Middle East or Far East where young ,blond white girls go for high prices. This is why this piece of dirt is laughing ,he knows she was sold and there is nothing anyone can do about it at this stage of the game. Odds have it she is now dead after she was used and thrown away. He is protecting his contact who is probably rich and possibly someone in a government post. That is probably why the Aruba investigation was tainted from the beginning. In over 20 years of police work my gut never failed me. If you've ever seen the movie "Taken" it gives a Hollywood verson of what goes on.

November 24, 2010 at 1:09 am
  29. Jackie

I sincerely believe also that Natalie is still very much alive. That is probably one of the reason Joran laughed so hard when they told him about the jawbone. He either sold her to the slave traffic industry or the jawbone was actually hers and the authorities are still protecting Joran because of who he is, But, DEEP DOWN I BELIEVE SHE IS VERY MUCH ALIVE BUT NOT WELL.

November 25, 2010 at 3:15 pm
  30. Rebecca

Nancy,
    This is my first time being on the enternet. I do like your news broad cast I watch it every night. Keep up the good work you do.

November 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm
  31. Nancy

I would just like to thank you for being the honest, straght foward, pull no punches person that you are. If we had more people like you in a judicial system we wouldn't have the horrible ( I will not call them people) but the nasty, horrible things that we have slithering around in our society preying on innocent children and other people in the communities. These individuals gave up their rights to be treated as humans when they did these terrible acts against all the victims. They don't even deserve to be treated as an animal. You don't see the neiborhood dog doing anything like that. Let's get these creatures off our streets and under the jail where the belong! I have 4 chhildren all girls , my youngest is 2. I can't ven begin to imagine how horrible the victims parents must feel. Let's fight back for all the victims. Let's take our families back, and out of the hands of sickos. This is just my opinion, and I know some people ma be offended by it , stating that they are just sick and they have rights too. Well tough tell that to God when it's you time of judgement. Thank you again Nancy for standing up for those that has had their voice taken away.

November 28, 2010 at 10:42 pm
  32. me

TopSgt1- I think you may be right. Either way at this point I'm sure Natalee has passed. I feel terrible for her mother and her father and wish that they can get the closer that they deserve. I also hope that this scumbag gets life in prison.

November 29, 2010 at 9:14 am
  33. Sheryl

Nancy Grace, I want to send a prayer to Adena who posted and touched me with her story and to you Nancy, thank God for his mercy and your recovery. I was so saddened to hear your story today and happy to find your ok. You are an inspiration Nancy and I am one of many loyal listeners. thank you for everything you do.

November 29, 2010 at 8:20 pm
  34. Tracy

Wow I came on here to write something and ended up reading what other people had wrote. Well I just want to say to the lady who wrote about her mother that lost her 3 boy's. how sorry i am. I feel so bad for that family. so sad. I have two boys myself and i couldnt not even think of my life without them.
    I remember when lacy pitterson was found, and her son. I wrote to Lacy pitterson's mom telling her how sorry i was for her lost and how i use to tell my family if anything even happend to my boys that i would go to, and to put them in my arms put us togther when putting us in the ground. and I was shocked when Lacy pitterson's mother did just that. I really didnt even think she would read what i wrote but I no she did. she put coner in with lacy as it should be.
    There is NOT a day that goes by that i dont worrie about my kids. they are great kids they are my life. there is so much uglyness is this world. every day there are more missing kids. i dont understand how people could hurt a child. i had to stop watching T.V for a few days because every time i watch the news i would cry.
    my 9 year old boy one day came in the room while i was watching your show and looked up and seen liitle caylie on the T.V and look at me and said mom she is with God. this was maybe three days after the story came out about her being missing. I just started to cry because i knew he was right even though i was hoping he was wrong.
    My son has a gift. I started knowing he had this gift when he was 2 years old when he would see my grandmother who past when he was only 6 months old. and everynight when he goes to bed he pray's for the missing kids in the world and for our family to be safe and he thanks God for our family.
    I tell my kids all the time to be careful who they talk to while at school because your kids are not even safe there. how sad is that.
    I wont let my kids go anywhere without me because there is so much crazy people out there that you cant trust anyone.
    Im so glad you have this show. and I think your great your alot like me in alot of ways. you dont hold back on what you feel or think. you say it like it is, you dont cheesecake anything and you dont put up with anyone's BS. LOVE IT.
    and one last thing i want to say is to Beth Holloway You are doing what I would do and so many other mom's would do and although i want more then anything for them to find Natalee i hope you can find some peace somehow. we wont forget and we will always pray that someday she will be found.
    our hearts go out to those mothers who have lost there kids.
    Thanks again Nancy for all you do.

November 29, 2010 at 9:13 pm
  35. Jenny Taylor

Nancy, I'm so sorry for all you"ve been though. You have touched my life so much!! My prays and thoughts are with you and your family!!! I pray that you"ll with us your fans and most your very special family!! Ya'll will always be in my heart and so many others!!!! Thank God for you and your family!!!! I pray you and your husband grow old rock grandchildern together!!!! With all respect and love for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 29, 2010 at 10:28 pm
  36. renee l dewey

hi nancy grace,you have to excuse me i writing to you on my first computer i ever owned.this is great i can express how i feel on topics on your show. first i want to say happy holidays,god bless your family and to tell you how cute your twins are. i also would like to say ,im a huge fan of yours.one reason is because you make us woman look good your a very smart, strong,caring,woman.nancy after seeing what vandersloot did to thatpretty young girl in peru i dont really want to know what he did to natalee holloway.god bless beth holloway and her family.theres one thing i like to say to beth h.i believe our spirits live on forever and your daughter wants to see you happy not sad her soul is free you will be with her again. nancy im 44yrs.old.20yrs.ago i was in aruba when i was 24yrs.old,with two of my girl friends.we met a young man are age he lived in aruba,well we ended up hanging out with him for a few days.one night ,late approx.100am he took us to a place he said alot of the naitives hung out but we could only get there with a jeep or 4×4 truck.i remember ridinding over huge stones,rocks ,it was very dark it took if i remember correct 30 mins to get to where we were going.we sat in some nature pool warm water.we could walk to the water. anyhow it makes me wonder there was a wittness that said they saw vandersloot with his father in a 4×4 the night natalee went missing.she may not have been dropped way out in the water,like he claimed to the undercover man in the video.this may be a place of interest.now that i have a computer, i will be writing again.god bless all. renee

December 1, 2010 at 7:02 am
  37. Messy Potamia

NANCY GRACE - You need to be our next Attorney General come 2012.

December 13, 2010 at 5:55 am
  38. jenna reschenthaler

i really trully don't think that it was a good idea to confront him,it truly wasn't.

December 15, 2010 at 8:43 pm